SecurityNational Mortgage Company Employee Reviews

Good Management, poor benefits
Appraisal Desk Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 10, 2018
I was laid off from this company with no notice, severance, or payout of my PTO. The management are great, however the benefits are poor and there is no transparency from anyone above management.
Pros
Good Managers
Cons
Poor Benefits, Unpredictable work enviornment
One Off
SecurityNational Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 24, 2018
Joined to SecurityNational Mortgage to work for a mentor. As Circumstances had it, mentor was ill and passed a way before I was able to work one day with my mentor.
Continuous shuffling, changing of game plans. I remained team member as the team dissolved without any true leadership.
Opportunities as similar positions were not available due to rapid downsizing and restructuring.
Processor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 6, 2018
Great leadership and management follow through. They practice what they preach and allow for a growth oriented environment. Managers are accessible and reactionary to issues.
I love my job! And I enjoy every minute with the people in my department!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 30, 2018
I love my job! And I enjoy every minute with the people in my department!
The culture is fast paced, but encouraging. The hardest part of my job is prioritizing what fun project I get to work on next!
Fast paced, stressful, yet fun place to work.
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYApril 24, 2018
When I worked in the office it was myself, another processor, branch manager and sometimes loan officers. My day started at 9am and ended at 5, 5:30 or 6; depending on if we had closings. My co-worker and I had a routine and followed it daily to process and see loans to closing.
I enjoyed learning how mortgage loans are processed and what's needed to successfully close a loan.
The hardest part of the job was the loan officers. I processed loans for 6 loan officers and trying to get them to understand that other loans were ahead of theirs was sometimes frustrating. The branch manager was sometimes difficult to work with for personal reasons. At times it created an uncomfortable work environment.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the borrowers. Creating a relationship with them helped with all the steps it takes in closing a loan and makes the stressful parts not so stressful for the borrowers.
Pros
Relaxed dress code, paid lunch breaks, our kids came to the office if they were sick
Cons
Branch Manager
Good Enviornment
Senior Area Processor, Credit Analysist III (Former Employee) –  Texas-remoteFebruary 19, 2018
Acceptable work environment. Typical workday included processing loan files. Learned product guidelines and excellent training on software products. Operations management had excellent communication skills
Pros
ability to work remote
Cons
micro-managed
good pay if you're an actual loan officer, not an assistant
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 6, 2018
The job was alright if you're into a busy, hectic life. You need to know how to pick yourself up and be ready to make big bucks one month, with 0 loans closed meaning no money the next. It is a roller coaster of a job and is up to you to make your own money.
Pros
laid-back when no work, no fixed hours unless you are hourly
Cons
busy busy busy, long hours trying to get things done
Fast paced, very stressful, too many cooks in the kitchen
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Addison, TexasAugust 3, 2017
Checking each clients Mortgage file status
Handle any outstanding documentation still needed
Make sure all employees have looked at all client files everyday
Very professional and busy, no play time
Telling a client they did not qualify
Helping people get into their new home
Pros
Making people fill comfortable during the home buying process
Cons
Health benefits left my pocket filling empty
Great Company
Sr. Processor (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLNovember 30, 2016
well established, hands down they have their system down to the. great people to work with.

out of all the companies i worked in they have encompass figure out
they utilize it very well. all companies have their up and downs but for the most part pretty great company to for work for.
Pros
great admosphere
Cons
too far for me
Loan Processor
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 9, 2016
This was not a great place to work long term. It appears great at first, but then the ghosts appear from the shadows. You are expected to be perfect. As the processor, you will be expected to cover the loan officers mishaps, end up arguing on files that you are missing items, pushed to submit incomplete files, then be reprimanded for it from all parties.
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
There is no accountability for loan officers, Processors are expected to be quick, perfect, and take responsibility for everything, Do not count on managers for communication or support, They are quick to reprimand and slow to compliment, Too many chiefs and they are self absorbed, Insurance was very expensive.
Productive, fun place to work
Loan Officer Assistant / Set Up / Junior Processor (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 20, 2015
Very busy office with a lot of amazing people to work with / for. I am learning something new every day. This is not typical 8-5 job, we have to meet deadlines, so the greatest is we can work from home too. Branch Mgr is the best :)
prepared closing documents
Loan Closer/Funder (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 29, 2015
I prepared documents for loan closings.I talked to title companies daily and to customers.Helped the team out when extra work needed to be done.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor training
Production Pushed Over Quality
Underwriter Technology Manager, Senior Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTDecember 2, 2014
Manager forced production over quality of files. Did not support or back up staff.
Mortgage Company New to WA
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  PuyallupApril 26, 2013
The employee onboarding process was easy & it appeared to be a promising place to work.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
new to the area
Great people, terrible products
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, Florida (near Orlando)August 13, 2012
The people who supervised me, and the people I worked with at SecurityNational were honest, professional, and hard-working. The service provided to our customers was above average, though certainly not excellent.

The products offered by this wholesale mortgage lender did not include any special or "niche" products. More importantly, SecurityNational's pricing was thousands of dollars worse than the average among competing firms in my market area.

When I commit, I commit fully. But after two years, I have seen no improvement to pricing. The nature of the wholesale lending business demands that vendors provide the best possible pricing, or else the brokers/customers will look elsewhere.

The upper management was too rigid to adjust with the times and make the necessary improvements the sales staff desperately needed.

As a result, the turn-over rate at SecurityNational is high among the sales staff, support staff, and middle management.