Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Company to work for WAH
Service Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 21, 2018
I work a Tier1 service center representative, providing phone support to clients employees medical leaves. I've been with the company now for 6yrs and I enjoy providing customer service care. The company has and supports a very diverse workplace culture.
Pros
Providing great customer service
Cons
Pay does not match the industry and high level of expectation of the employees.
Review
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seven Hills, OHSeptember 19, 2018
Sedgwick is a good company to work for the benefits are outstanding but the pay rate for jobs you are preforming are to low they have a overall good and friendly work environment and Leads that are willing to assist you.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Very flexible with hours and people with families
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 14, 2018
Sedgwick is a great place to work. The benefits and PTO they give you is great and the flexibility you have with working your hours is great for people with families and children.
Fast paced enviroment
Service Center Representative (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHSeptember 13, 2018
This is a fast paced job. A lot of calls taken and you are responsible for meeting production goals. Customer service is important. Great team environment.
Good company to work for, has its ups and downs
Disability Representative Sr (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 11, 2018
Days tend to be long and overloaded with work at times. The managers on my team are all very nice and helpful. Claimants can be difficult to deal with.
Kept you busy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 11, 2018
Learned about insurance for injured workers. Management was not good to work under. We went paperless for all files had to be scanned into the system along with all incoming mail.
benefits
Cons
not paid enough
Busy fast pace but 2 yrs with no raise no advancement opportunities
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 4, 2018
Overall great Co workers and fixed hours. Health insurance was expensive but that's not their fault I guess. 2 paid 15 min breaks, 1 unpaid 30 mins break.
Great place to start
Case Manager - Disability/FMLA (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 3, 2018
Sedgwick is a great company to get your foot in the door of the insurance industry, however they are a third party administrator so the compensation is wholly dependent on thr client you work for. Overall the work life balance is fair. They are really big on taking personal time off and office engagement is truly at an all time high. Not a bad company to work for at all.
Pros
Work life balance, decent benefits, office engagement
Cons
Compensation
claims
Case Associate (Former Employee) –  Seven Hills, OHSeptember 3, 2018
This company showed a great deal of favoritism to some employee's , there was no room for advancement. I learned a lot about workman's comp and standard offices practices. Management plays a great deal of favoritism. (Example one employee can take an hour lunch because they were friends with the manager, the non friend of the manager doesn't get that option or scolded for doing so)
This goes for being late and workload, its very uneven in this office. Hardest part is never having all the knowledge when it comes to workman's comp it is always evolving.
not a good place to work
Senior Customer Service Rep II (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 1, 2018
Very busy days with very little help. Management team is poor. Bad communications. When an employee wants to move up, always refused and nothing else offered.
Pros
Cons
n/a
If you like to be stressed out, this is the job for you
Claims Adjuster - Worker's Compensation (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLSeptember 1, 2018
If you like to be stressed out, this is the job for you
Everyone's experience is different - I prefer not to go into detail about mine. The bottom line is, I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone I liked.
benefits
Cons
crazy high work load, ill-informed management team
High expections
Team Lead / Examiner III (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 30, 2018
The workload is heavy and the acknowledgement of the effort of colleagues is light. Additional training should be provided for new and existing colleagues. Some upper management are exceptional and some are mediocre.
Pros
Telecommuting opportunities
Cons
Training needs improved
Very busy all of the time. It's a numbers game. If you can meet their numbers your good, but hard to meet.
SCR (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHAugust 30, 2018
The hardest part is meeting requirements of how many calls can you take in a day and do them with the correct words they want you to say. Now the tricky part is one day you are so say thing and the very next day you are to say that. They are always changing the wording on you. Good luck!
Pros
You do not have to work overtime when they offer it
Cons
You will not be perfect at it so let it go.
Sweat Shop for Exempt staff
Senior Disability Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 30, 2018
As an exempt employee, we were informed that we were required to work a minimum of 8-10 hours of OT per week if we wanted to receive a decent review (including coming in at least one day each weekend). Also, any time off that was not approved at least 24 hours in advance was considered a "call out" and we were only allowed 4 of those per year - doesn't matter if you had a serious illness or physically couldn't get to work due to bad weather. However, it as hard to get PTO approved as they had to maintain certain staffing levels so in many cases, you had to call out just to go to a doctor's appointment. Over half of the staff left within the first six months. Sweat shop environment where you had no authority to set your own schedule, even when to take lunch. Most of the time you spent working on other people's work and had to work the required OT just to be able to get your required work done.
Pros
Casual dress code
Cons
Unprofessional, lack of reasonable policies, required OT.
Great PTO
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 28, 2018
Sedgwick has great benefits and outstanding PTO.
Sedgwick should have a training department that we all follow so that clients know they are getting consistent service across the board.
The company is very client focused rather than stating we offer this service but not this service. It seems like Sedgwick says yes, yes, yes even if demands from client can get unreasonable.
Pros
Pto, Benefits, Work/life balance
Cons
no training across the board
Stressful but tolerable, ups and downs to be expected
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2018
Productive and fun place to work with numerous demands and restrictions on employees. A lot of favoritism which is present in all work environments. The benefits are competitive and the workplace is somewhat pleasant some of the time which is typical in most work environments.
Pros
Office recreational functions and benefits
Cons
Constant and aggressive supervision and work overload
Excellent Place to work
Administrative Assistant/Underwriting (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 28, 2018
I loved working for Sedgwick. I left because the company was bought out and jobs were being dissolved. I felt it was time to move on as my job security was not longer evident.
Pros
Company was great
Cons
None.
Good place to work for some one starting out in the field. Difficult for those who have a complicated life out side like those with families l
Claims Examiner All Lines (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 27, 2018
Management is very good however there is little to no training. Everyone helps out with the job and is very patient due to this. The work load is the biggest issue. 12 new claims a day, MAYBE 8 that you will get to combined with emails, phone calls, payments, estimates, complaints and about 20 other distractions means that of those 8 you may close or deny 2 a day. This adds up and bogs you down. They need more adjuster and to tighten up their main processing program (Voyager). There are too many time waisting procedures and different programs that require constant password updates that can take a significant amount of time out of your day. This is if they are working and you don't need to call the help desk to reboot the system....
Pros
PTO and flexible schedule
Cons
Work flow in is at 150% compared to completed product out at 10%
Fast paced enviornment
Workers Compensation Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 27, 2018
The workload is too heavy for one person to handle on a daily basis. The office was filled with employees when I first started, and now most of those adjusters/examiners have left due to the heavy workload and high expectations and demands placedvon one person.
I enjoy working hard and having a positive impact.
assist others (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 25, 2018
Learning new responsibility and helping others succeed in their jobs. My job is help other grow and when they succeed, I succeed. Learning allows me to grow in skills and knowledge.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sedgwick Claims Management Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss