Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employee Reviews

Typical insurance office
Work Comp Claims Examiner III (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 9, 2018
The company was your typical insurance company. The management did not show empathy toward its employees in times of need. The claims count was average.
Sedgwick was a good place to start
Claims Examiner-California Workers Compensation (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Sedgwick has a decent trainee program but other adjusters are trying to keep their work under control so you may struggle a bit and drown as people can’t always help you. During my two year period, I saw over 10 adjusters leave the office which gave me a negative impression. I started to think, “is this what I went to college for?” As always, the job is only as good as your management cause a claims job is virtually the same everywhere you go. I was in the office during a huge transition in management. I have heard things have changed quite a bit.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
numerous changes in management
Could be better
Senior Disability Representative (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 7, 2018
The people in management and top positions in the Southfield office are all friends. It makes escalating problems difficult because of the cliquines of upper management. Upper management is constantly taking employee's away from their desks to attend meetings in an attempt to boost company morale. All this does is add more stress to employees who are given daily deadlines and expected to do a certain volume of work. During a typical day I do my job and other people's job's because they aren't competent enough to do it. The interview process needs to be improved to identify people's lack of technological and analytical skills. If you join a committee be prepared to be busy. If you do your research throughout the industry, you will find that Sedgwick underpays their employees. Senior positions make only a slight bit more than those at a representative level. For an example see Blue Cross Blue Shield's salaries for their senior employees.

The positives are:

Solid PTO (however, if you wake up sick and call in you will get an occurrence. Too many of those and it will negatively affect your merit increase. So try to stay healthy. You will also fall behind in your workload if your team lead/management isn't good at their job. 50/50 chance at this place)

Health benefits (vision and dental are great. The health insurance is not good at all)
Pros
Pto, Benefits
Cons
Bad leadership
Immediate benefits, ample PTO , but busy call center - with monthly call time goals
Service Center Representative (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHJanuary 7, 2018
Work is fast pace at beginning of the week.
After training, online references are used for questions
The hardest part of the job is the adherence to call and after call time
The enjoyable part of the job is helping Associates file claims to protect their jobs
Pros
ample PTO time and immediate health benefits
Cons
breaks/lunches inconsistent
Very Serious management and difficult position options
Leave of Absence Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJanuary 6, 2018
No career opportunity in fields that I liked. All doors are hard to open to climb corp ladder.
Some of the people are wonderful. Most are difficult and hard to understand.
Job Culture is difficult and all about the customer needs and desires. This makes sense to a point.
good place to start your career
Leave of Absence Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 4, 2018
From my experience great place to work, however, being a third party administrator can make the job frustrating. Reason for the frustration is a lack of leadership from Sedgwick and the third party company paired with my department.
Work hard
Customer Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 2, 2018
This may be a place to work if you like fast pace.
You have to have that production mind set. The trainning could be a little more hands on. With live customers.
Wonderful Employer
Claims Representative-Property (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJanuary 2, 2018
Manageable workload, supportive management staff, decent pay and benefits. I hated that the client pulled their account from the TPA. I really enjoyed working for Sedgwick.
Pros
Nice moral
Cons
TPA therefore accounts end and you have to find work.
Great place to work with great air conditioner
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHDecember 31, 2017
This is a wonderful place to work the space, people, all great.

They provided a really good training class which you got paid for.

What i love was the bonuses every month of the up sells that we did brought home almost a extra 250 every month
Pros
bonuses
Cons
short breaks, places ti eat is far
laid back place to work
RTW Specialist (Current Employee) –  blue ask ohioDecember 31, 2017
I do computer work all day and make outbound calls to dr. offices and Kroger stores to gather information on injured workers, the goal is to get them helathy and back to work, with some claims I have to follow them until the worker is back to full duty, but most times I am keeping up with the most recent office visit, to keep the store updated on their progress until they are able to return to work , sometimes under restriction or modified duty
Pros
the pto
Cons
not a lot of opions to advance
Awful Company
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PADecember 29, 2017
I worked at Sedgwick for two years in claims. I handled big name accounts however advancement was rare. I normally am not one to complain but this company overworks their employees and there is little room for advancement. If you want to work in the insurance industry, specifically claims/risk management, I suggest working for a carrier.
Pros
Opportunity to work with big name companies as clients
Cons
Virtually everything
Over worked under paid
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 29, 2017
Good bridge job to take to get into the industry. Pay is strangely low for the position which is why they have high turn over rate. Great computer system to do the job.
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
Pay is low.
Good PTO, Poor IT Management
IT (Current Employee) –  Seven Hills, OHDecember 26, 2017
Very poor IT Management. Good PTO and typically relaxed atmosphere.

Poor communication from management, no career paths defined. Lack of vision and strategy communicated.
Easy work, Great Benefits
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Seven Hills, OHDecember 25, 2017
Sedgwick is a third party administrator for many large companies in the world. In the department I'm assigned to we work with providing excellent customer service for one of our contracted partners.
It is a call center type environment for where I work and the benefits are great and the pay is good as well.
The staff and management are very friendly and easy to work with.
The PTO is fantastic even during your first year and scheduling time off isn't very hard (as long as the time is available).
My biggest gripes would be that (in my department at least) it is a 24 hour/7 day a week facility. It's never guaranteed that you will have a holiday off. Also that to switch your shift around seems like an uphill battle.There is an issue with a lack of management at times.
Supposedly if you worked one holiday you should have the next one off which is reasonable, however it's rare that actually happens.
So if you actually want to spend the holidays with your family you would need to try and request that time off in advance to guarantee the holiday off.
Regarding schedule, they hire new people all of the time but even after being told you can request a different shift it may be months before anything actually happens.
OF COURSE you may deal with some customers who are less than pleasant but that's to be expected with any customer service position! The job itself isn't bad. It is easy work.
Overtime can be mandatory but they are generous with it, in the sense that if there is time available anyone can volunteer for it.
I would definitely recommend this company to anyone looking
  more... for steady work with great benefits and opportunity for career advancement. The great thing about the company it is has many locations throughout the US and Canada so there is also a chance you can relocate if need be.  less
Pros
Great Benefits, Friendly staff, Good pay, Pto
Cons
Scheduling, 24/7 hours
Vey Stressful Work enviroment
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHDecember 22, 2017
The day usually began in chaos as most of the work is still on paper or hard back form. This often left undone work and or lead to other issues later in the day creating a stressful work flow.

Management was very unorganized and all over the place. Stressful working conditions and constant badgering regarding goals and quotas, VERY production driven.
Pros
Bonuses and extras for those that made the quota -
Cons
Short livedf career life
Horrible place
Return to Work Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 20, 2017
You won’t like it ... you’re bullied, over worked and under paid. Co-workers bully and steal form hou and management doesn’t care. Very little to no career advancement.
Na
SERVICE CENTER REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHDecember 20, 2017
Sedgwick is a good company to work for. Competitive pay, full benefits and paid vacation. They only offer full time. And you take calls all day. Friendly people.
Fast paced and a lot of pressure to conclude claims
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 18, 2017
Assigned new claims to make contacts on and convert.

I have learned to become more efficient in time management and determining liability.

Management is good. Sometimes expectations not realistic.

Decent work culture.

The high volume workload.

When I am able to help a claimant or Insured to get back what they have lost and get back to normal life.
Pros
Flexible work hours, good benefit package
Cons
High volume workload, pressure to handle more claims than possible
Team oriented culture
GL CLAIMS TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 17, 2017
The majority of Sedgwick colleagues are team oriented and work together to assure the greater success of the team. My experience is primarily positive in that colleagues care about the job they do and the well-being of clients and each other.
Stable Company
Customer Service Associate E-Support (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38118December 15, 2017
I enjoyed working with this company initially, then new management came and things became to stressful. I stayed there 5 years after coming from a 15 year career in the hospitality industry.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Management could use some personable skill training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sedgwick Claims Management Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight