Sedgwick

United States2,205 reviews

Found 2,205 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,408 reviews
claimptoexamineradjusterclaimantworkloadbalancefmla

Overworked and undervalued

The work itself is not too difficult and if there was actual breathing space I’d say this job would be quite ideal. Sadly, the calls are non-stop and they somehow expect you to still be able to be at top performance after back to back calls for hours with only a simple 15 minute break twice a day. Do not work here, it’s seriously not worth your mental health deteriorating.

Inconsistent and a lot of work

Beware of working with this company. Claims adjusting is not easy as it is when your reassigned a boat load of claims but imagine that happening multipletimes throughout the year. You’re assigned multiple clients that sell completely different services or products than the clients you already work with …surprise surprise… little to no training. This is a great place to learn how to adjust all types of different claim events but definitely not a forever home.

Sedgwick insights

Based on 1,602 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Overall an ok place to work

The people that work there are great, amazing actually. The line of work can be overwhelming and stressful. Underpaid for the amount of work required.

What is the best part of working at the company?The Opportunity for advancement was good.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The call center. Call volumes can be very high at times What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Most departments allow work from home but environment in office was comfortable and laid backWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Stressful yet challenging as more clients are added

Insurance Industry

The job demanded every living fiber of one’s being. It’s only a pitch stop job to tie you over while in between jobs. Non stop phone ringing and rude, obnoxious people on the line. Try it out if you must.

Not a very family friendly company

Not a very family friendly company I was fired due to my son, having behavioral health issues I expressed concerns to management and was fired for attendance. I have been with the company over two years.

Horrible

Very HIGH stress job. Dealing with Best Buy clients. Horrible system with certain claims such as IO claims. There is no system, no structure. Management has high expectations and refuses to intervein when the call cannot be controlled. Mentally draining from constantly getting frustrated customers whom sometimes cuss you out thinking it's your fault on a daily basis. Back to back calls and no in between time to notate. Horrible system and no bonuses or other employee incentives. Just Horrible pay @ 16.50/hr. Good for young adults without college degrees to build with a company.

What is the best part of working at the company?Benefits and paid time offWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?You are expected to know multiple clients, workload and some team leads are not the best.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Team leads and managers can be hit or miss, no consistency, training is non existent. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Heavy caseload, irate customers.

Good leaders. Needs new directors

The company is fine but there was definitely structural issues with the company that need to be resolved by upper management. Too many contracts signed without the infrastructure in place to handle. OT was cut for everyone because some poor employees took advantage of it. Sedgwick needs to work on rewarding top performers with something other than thank you's and promotions. Very frustrating to work hard next to other employees who are lazy and unethical, yet everyone's always paid the same. I was given 5 minutes to do an annual self-evaluation. The teams should be stack-ranked and bonuses given appropriately but leaders are worked too hard to get it done. The 401K match never came back in any meaningful way after COVID despite promises from the director. Upper leaders will have to be more honest if they want to improve turnaround. The company is great for gaining experience and I worked with some great people. Best part is being able to help people when others won't.

Overwhelming

Training was great but the overall experience was overwhelming made me feel very stressed and my TL was horrible and very unprofessional so not recommended this job

Okay

It’s okay . My schedule work hours are just bad . I hate the fact that it’s permanent and you have to wait a whole year for a shift bid . I have kids .

Benefits

Cons

Permanent schedule

What is the best part of working at the company?Working from home and the volunteer of extra hours.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Training was horrible. Was thrown in with almost no training and the reps never responded. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Home environment which is wonderful. Pay was low. Absolutely very little training.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Constantly cursed or waiting for long amounts of time to reach for the customer rep who would ignore you because they didn’t want to deal with customer.

What is the best part of working at the company?Entry level pay was okWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?They would tell you one thing then change it later on. For example they said we could work from home and that we wouldn’t be required to work weekends but that changed after being hired. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Had much better

Great place to work with endless opportunties to advance yourself. They are always willing to assist when you are having difficuties getting your job done!

What is the best part of working at the company?The lunches and clocking out at the end of the dayWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?The managers always cracking down with unrealistic expectations What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Horrible, stressful, anxious and overall, tons of adults acting like teenagers What is a typical day like for you at the company?You’re slammed all day from when you log on at 7 until 7 at night - most times 5-6 days a week. Not paid overtime.

Patient and less stress

I love this company. Work life benefit is great. Also training was very long so that you had time to understand. There were times they had to keep us updated on changes but eventually you’d find out once you made the mistake if they didn’t mention it. Other than that this is the least stressful job I’ve ever had.

Poor pay for the amount of work

No work life balance. Asked for a raise due to all the unpaid OT I was working and was denied but when I gave my notice they wanted to pay me what I was initially asking for

Not good

Training is too fast and not enough of material that you need to help you transition to the actual role when you’re on your own. Communication is horrible and I felt disrespected and manipulated.

Overworked, underpaid, terrible training

I've been at this company for several years now with only 2 raises. Raises are pitiful with 2% increases. Micromanaging, excessive deadlines, upset clients, management playing favorites with selective PTO are few of the downsides. Only upsides I can think of is the PTO time, which you feel like you are being punishes when you are using anyways as you come back to an overwhelming workload, and the WFH option. Other than those two, run away. Sedgwick pays way below average salary for claims and expects you to balance anywhere from 300 - 400 claims.

WFH needs Work

I WFH and the equipment I received had a smell to it like someone was frying foods. I looked the equipment over and it was dirty. Fine, I cleaned it. Training was nonexistent and after the first day no one knew how to clock in or out. Subsequent training those in my training class expressed unintelligible management and lack of training frustrations and were met with “Well we told you it’s like being thrown to the wolves.” Management was rude and never available. The only plus was being able to travel and work.

Pros

Work from Home

Cons

Pay, Healthcare, Management, Training

Mismanagement and micromanagement run rampant.

Watch out when they start using the phrase “embracing change”. That means that something bad is happening or will happen and instead of portraying it realistically as mismanagement they try to pass it off as “embracing change”. Such as, “most of your coworkers quit because of poor working conditions, just do double the work and EMBRACE CHANGE”, or “No raises this year, we need you to accept that and EMBRACE CHANGE”. They revamped the job posting program so that no one can tell what most positions pay. It’s ridiculous. Virtually impossible to move up.The Frisco TX office is especially bad as far as management, sort of a “Good Ole Boys Club”. Look out for the Marlton NJ and Pennsylvania offices too. Very high turnover, for good reason.

Pros

Pto

Cons

Micromanagement, Lack of Advancement, Lack of Work Life Balance, Low Pay, Poorly Trained Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sedgwick. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Sedgwick with

Sedgwick reviews by popular job title

• Sedgwick
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?