Sedgwick Employee Reviews

Found 1,120 reviews matching the search See all 1,236 reviews
One of the very worst employment experiences
Consultant/Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJanuary 20, 2019
I worked for Sedgwick and never have I felt so undervalued, alienated, and unwelcome in a work environment. The office manager did not respect me and did not want to hire me. Perhaps that was due to the fact that I'm knowledgeable in my scope of expertise and not a Gen X, Millenial, or preferably Gen Z employee. Ageism is rampant at Sedgwick and baby boomers can take a hike! My manager and I had a polite and respecfful relationship or so I thought. When I had a verbal offer for another position, my manager ghosted me when I requested a reference. Very disappointing but not unexpected given Sedgwick's MO. In short, stay away from Sedgwick because there are other employers more deserving of your talent.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Work from home
Service Center Agent (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 19, 2019
Nice place to work if you want to wrk from home. Good training, assistance when needed is available. They do allow swap days, during black out days. Weekends are slow.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Low wages
Inadequate concern for employees " Care does not count"
Service Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAJanuary 17, 2019
I would not recommend, management does not fully explain expectations for employees with disabilities, such as you are not eligible for intermittent LOA until 1 year unless you are one of the chosen few through ADA request
Pros
Pto
Cons
lack of care for employees
Good Working Enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 17, 2019
Answer multi line phone system, prepare workman comp claims enter members Data into the system, make call back calls. I enjoyed my co-workers and helping members fill out their forms to get assistance with their claims.

The hardest part of the job was working without the correct information, for example when a member would call in concerning their claim, if the processor hadn't keyed in the information, we as the Customer Service Rep, had miss information or not details of the claim.
Pros
Flexible Lunch Breaks
Cons
Lack of communication
Sorry Company
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TennesseeJanuary 15, 2019
This is a horrible company to work for especially in The National Call Center. The Call Center is like an advance form of slavery. The Call Center has different set of rules and policies. The Call Center Management team is very incompetent especially the At Home Managers. The Corporate side of Sedgwick is totally different from the National Call Center. Before you take a job in the National Call Center you might want to think twice.
Good off the top
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 13, 2019
There is many great things about working with Sedgwick, they truly attempt to be a very diverse, inclusive and comfortable work space. I was hired in entry level with no previous experience with the line of business and worked my way up.
Pros
Pto, Benefits
Cons
Unorganized
Lots to Learn and Large Case Load
NURSE CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 10, 2019
If you get the right orientation you will love this job. Management is amazing. Work from home for most employees very flexible work schedule, As long as you get your work done hours are not a huge factor
Pros
Cons
N/a
Great Job Experience
Field Adjuster (Deployment) (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJanuary 10, 2019
Great experience, all though the circumstance were not the best the company manage fairly every situation.

This was a great experience and it is a great company.
Pros
Good Leadership
Great job
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 10, 2019
Ensured that legitimate demands were promptly paid and those demands which did not comply with the terms and conditions were promptly declined and sound explanations were given.
It is a great company to work for with plenty of room for self growth
Leave and disability specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ALJanuary 9, 2019
You had to be a self motivated and able to work alone and manage time wisely. The management is very helpful. Reviews are every 90 days. Most enjoyable part was helping people. Hardest part was denying claims and explaining to associates why they were denied.
Pros
Rewarded for hard work
Cons
can not think of any
competitive wages
Customer Service Rep/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 7, 2019
You are just a number to them and they do not care about you or your tenure there. They make up rules they go. I dreaded going to work there where before I used to look forward to going.
Pros
competitive wages
Cons
your just a number
Productive company, very results driven.
Sedgwick / Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 7, 2019
Productive company, very results driven that leads to a great customer experience for the insured. The typical day as a Team Lead begins with reports then assisting field adjusters with any situations that may need to be resolved.
n/a
Service Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 6, 2019
I would like to not provide a review at this time. I will say that in the right position/job title, it is a great company, and would be worth the travel.
Its decent
Senior Service Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 6, 2019
It's an okay job with decent pay. The pay is better than most call centers. The morale on the team is currently pretty low and leadership doesn't care to find ways to boost it. Pretty much everyone wants out of the call center asap. Some are finding jobs elsewhere just to get away. The overall company is not bad though. The Examiners, Leave Spealists and Leadership can pretty much do as they please.
Pros
Free lunch every once in a while, Opportunity for advancement if the call center doesn't try to hold you hostage.
Cons
Leadership sucks, The attendance policy sucks, Everyone doesn't get the proper acknowledgment for all that they do to help the team
Working with long time friends,employees
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 5, 2019
It was a nice and friendly environment when I was there.The work load was large and it is difficult to get the workload done on a daily basis at times.At times the team leaders would not communicate with each other as to how many claims a person would set up and code, sending out letters to claimants each day.The team leaders were not aware of actually how many claims/assignments we would get as we had 4 different Team Leaders all sending us claims.
Pros
PTO-Nice amount of paid time off.
Cons
I seldom took breaks as we were too busy.
The company lives up to their core value of embrace change as change happens almost daily
Disability 1 Representative (Current Employee) –  Coralville, IAJanuary 4, 2019
Sedgwick is a great company to work for and if you are looking for a job that changes all the time this is the place. Fun and friendly environment. Always busy from start to end of the work day.
It's a paycheck...
Claims Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 3, 2019
The job environment is negative. The management is poor. The credit is never given to the people who deserve it, but to people who brown nose. Unequal distribution of work. Pay is sub-standard. They will try their best to cheat you out of the benefits you are entitled to (i.e. PTO, bereavement, having a work-life balance). Lousy workplace overall.
Pros
It's a paycheck.
Cons
It's a terrible place to work.
Salary and work life balance
Senior Disability Examiner (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 1, 2019
The salary offered for the work required by a Senior Disability Examiner is not at what I would consider to be an acceptable level. Being an exempt employee means you are required to work as many hours necessary to get claims processed even when you're handling your case load along with the case load of others when they are off work. The work life balance is horrible for leaders as well as examiners. Team Leads work countless hours at home trying to keep up. Examiners work from home trying to keep up. Examiners are required to work 7.5 hours per day however many work 9-10 hours or longer.
productive
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 28, 2018
I loved my job whish I was still there. awesome for any single or married person to work. benefits is great they star as soon as you start working for them.
Work Days
Service Center Associate E-Support and Phones (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeDecember 26, 2018
had to work on Saturdays looking for a Monday thru Friday job. Hard to get time off when you need it even it you give a month notice. They ask that you put in the time you would like off for 2019 in 2018.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sedgwick. Our community is ready to answer.