Sedgwick

Sedgwick Employee Reviews

United States1,516 reviews
Found 1,516 reviews matching the search
review
very good place to work, good benefits and pto, and made good friends at the same time, all around a good place to work, you will always be busy,
management can be tricky

there is always work to do
Decent work place at first.
At first working there was awesome getting paid that much. Then I started to realize that I wasn't able to really work with them with issues I had with family and needing to take a few days off. And it was basically take a day or two off to see my husbands dying grandmother who lived in Michigan and I lost my job. So my husband missed out on seeing his dying grandma before she passed because I couldn't lose my job. Eventually I quit because I couldnt take working there anymore.
Most young people out of college start here then leave asap
Overworked, zero training from the start on the different systems they used to manage claims. You're just another worker in their sweatshop. Left after a year. Don't recommend.
Great adjuster, horrible management.
This company has some amazing adjusters and a very skilled workforce. This company just keeps their adjusters angry, and down trodden. They cut benefits every few months not that they were great to start with. Many of the managers have a high school mentality and honestly have no clue how to handle claims.
Colleagues treat each other like family
After many years with this employer and experience in multiple Washington offices I can say that my colleagues truly are my work family. They are encouraging and supportive both personally and professionally.
Pros
generous PTO policy
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Poor Company Culture
Company says it values good culture and believes in diversity and inclusion, but that is a "company line." Company is loyal to a fault and it does not create a space for the best talent, only talent that has been around a long time.
Wouldn’t really recommend
Sedgwick is decent company to work for but it take a toll on you mentally if you’re an Empath and they are not really flexible with trying too work with you and your needs
Pros
Lots of Overtime
Cons
Very Repetitive, Not willing to work with you if you can’t schedule the day off, Won’t let you make up any time
Work Life
Work life balance is needed.
Learned a great deal loved the ppl.

Great colleagues and learn a lot about the medical field. Experience is a given......
Good learning opportunity
Pros: Good learning opportunity, friendly atmosphere. Good growth and employee recognition.

Cons: Long working hours, the pressure to deliver on time. Competitie work culture.
Good entry level job, poor job culture
Lots of hours, this was a good job to take right out of college but it is not a place to build a career. There was little support from management and an increased focus on pushing out claims as quickly as possible. Very high workload.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sedgwick?
Poor work life balance
Performance Demands on exempt employees is excessive.

Client services promised exceed sustainability as an employee. Pressure on the job is very unhealthy.

Overtime is expected and demanded to meet job expectations not in line with salary, compensation
Productive Work Place
Energetic environment and personnel engaged and immediate Supervisor encouraged additional on job training as well as online and exterior learning culture!
Good pay and benefits
It was difficult to stay at desk for 8-10 hours a day.
The triage portion was not difficult and most callers were pleasant to work with. Management team was not open to ideas from others. They were stuck in the old ways of doing things
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Difficult to get breaks/lunch. Management not supportive.
Growth opportunity
Sedgwick offers employees the opportunity to grow within the company. In my experience my manager's were very supportive, providing the tools and resources that were required for both of my promotions.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Under paid !
Sedgwick is one of those companies that expect to give the bare minimum and receive the maximum in return.
You will be worked , overly worked ! You will feel stressed and over whelmed. You will be under appreciated and given a lot of fake congratulations. Management only cares about the clients and tries to make them selves look good.
Work Place
I enjoy helping my claimants to obtain the medical care they need to make a full recovery and return to work in a full duty capacity.

My typical day at work, consist of workers comp claim handling, talking to claimants and medical providers. Analyzing claims to help claimants to recovery, paying benefits timely, working with medical provider with any billing concerns. Assisting my clients with questions, concerns progress of files.
Pros
Healthcare, bonus and PTO
Cons
Number of hours worked in a day
Great company, great coworkers
Over all the company is fantastic, the only downfall is inability to promote, and the lowest pay in the industry. I have spent many years with Sedgwick, and other than pay and inability to promote, i have nothing but good things to say.
Pros
Job security, schedule, benefits, ability to work directly with management.
Cons
Pay and inability to promote.
Stepping stone. not a place to plant your feet and grow. don't waste your time.
Your calls are rated by someone else and you are given 7 days to rebuttal. I did so twice and both times the person retaliated against me. One of the calls didn't even have a recording. So how was I even to know that any of the things happened. My team lead also objected. I was fired over a VERY minor technicality afterwards.The Lady that fires people seems to enjoy doing so. They treat you like filth during your departure and you are not allowed to work in the same field due to a non compete clause for 2 years. They claim you are given all this training after hire, but it never happens. Be prepared to listen, read, talk and type at the same time. You are penalized for the dead air. You must read the incoming callers company profile before moving on with the call.......you need to type, listen to the caller, read and talk at the same time. I just don't think that reasonable. If a team lead forgets to do adjust your time, that is on you. Nothing happens to the team lead. Your are given PTO, but you are only allowed to use a certain amount during a certain time. those times are not told to written. You will find out when they take them from you last pay. Team leads ignore you a lot. Stepping stone. not a place to plant your feet and grow. don't waste your time.
Pros
Great Benefits, They provide your equipment.
Cons
You are retaliated against if you object to a call review, You are given 7 days to object and if you do, that person goes after you on subsequent calls, They will get you fired!!!!!
Nice place to work convenient
Very nice place to work. Colleagues are great! It is in a convenient location. This job is monday thru friday with flexible hours. The pay could be better but the benefits are the absolute best.
Stay away
Terrible, Terrible, Terrible. Especially in the billing department.. Management is not for the team only for self. A lot of finger pointing, and negativity.. STAY AWAY IF POSSIBLE..
Pros
Pto
You are just a number to them
They are the big giant head in the sky and the people are just pawns to them/they have no soul. They tout 5 weeks of PTO per year then you get eliminated and you are S**t out of luck
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sedgwick. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight