Sedgwick Employee Reviews

Found 1,149 reviews matching the search See all 1,271 reviews
They preach a culture that just isn’t there
Leave of absence coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 17, 2019
Inclusion and diversity is something they bring up everytime corporate is in office but they use you like a slave robot and have no compassion for anyone who may be ill or going through a hard time and finding it difficult to focus. The company handles leave of absences for other companies and yet the policies they offer their own employees are practically non existentz they offer two weeks of paid baby bonding which is a joke.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
It’s a high stress environment, only numbers matter.
Work from home
Service Center Representative (Work From Home) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 17, 2019
Back to back calls can be stressful at times. Best part of the job is working from home. Lots of changes with very little input from employees. Management does not have your back.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Hourly rate, low annual raises
Colleagues are great, management is questionable at best.
Absence Management Care Team Representative (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAMarch 16, 2019
The colleagues are wonderful with a friendly atmosphere for the most part.
Leadership and promotions seem to be more about who you know rather than qualifications.
Pros
Pto, colleagues, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Lack of integrity, lack of openness, level of accountability
See Review
Workers' Compensation Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDMarch 13, 2019
You are busy from the time you enter to the time you leave. Co-workers and Supervisors were very helpful.When you are temping you meet so many different people and sometimes it is hard to leave after a short time.
Pros
Close to home, enjoyable friendly workers
Cons
Not enough training on the system
Motivative Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 13, 2019
Sedgwick had a great work environment. The staff were very encouraging and motivating. I enjoyed going to work and I would recommend this job to others.
Pros
Positive Work Environment
Cons
Overall
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHMarch 13, 2019
A great place to work! Very laid back, you can basically dress how you want without violating the dress code. Flexible schedule upon your availability and performance.
good starter job
LOA COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 9, 2019
for someone right out of school good pay. for people with families trying to make ends meet poor pay.
busy from time walk in till you leave
opportunities to move up
stressful and callous
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Coralville, IAMarch 9, 2019
Typical work day is stressful.I learned a lot about FMLA .Management is poor.Work culture is contradictive. Unnecessary pressure makes the job hard.Most enjoyable part of the job is helping others.
Pros
benefits and a lot of PTO is given
Cons
job is insensitive to employees life outside of sedgwick and is uncaring.
Perfect job for me
Lost Time Adjuster (full time) (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDMarch 8, 2019
All management has been nice and helpful in having me grow in this field. Some appreciation would be nice instead of pointing out the one thing you didn’t do. It is my dream job as I am very good at what I do and aggressive.
Seems good at the start
service center associate (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeMarch 6, 2019
Lots of benefits including PTO and short and long term disability. But there was only one team leader who wasn't rude and condescending. I was terminated for one bad joke I made in our work chat. I thought that fell under free speech. Oh well, we shall see what the EEOC thinks. Pay is fair. I submitted more claims per hour than anyone on any team I was on, and my stats were consistently above average. But I was terminated after almost 5 years with NO notice. Since I was the only one in e support who processed Spanish claims, they made sure and sent me one right before I was terminated. If I'd known I would be terminated, I would have translated it incorrectly!
benefits
Cons
management
Good first job , helps you grow with all skills
Recovery Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHMarch 5, 2019
Typical day is fast paced and enjoyable, before you know it your work day is finished , I feel u get more than enough breaks and a good lunch every one is pretty nice
Wonderful coworkers but semi stressful environment
INTAKE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 3, 2019
This job requires answering phones and assisting people with various tasks, be it answering questions or building claims. It can very overwhelming at times, mainly on very busy days. And sometimes along with the calls you have to take, you may also be assigned various other tasks that you have to do between calls.
Sedgwick - Jacksonville FL office
Claim Examiner (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 1, 2019
RUN AWAY...Fast! Management does not believe in training, they backbite and gossip, they tear down everyone who leaves. My colleagues were brilliant. The client is great as well.
Pros
Colleagues, area, client
Cons
Entire Management Team
It's Fine.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 22, 2019
Took over a decade to advance. Constant acquisitions leave older existing units unattended to. Good work/life balance. Same office drama as other companies.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
salary
Lots of room for growth
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAFebruary 20, 2019
This employer had lots of room for advancements. Vacation is great but no sick days for those life happens events. Very busy sometimes stressful. Great benefits.
workplace culture
Claims Examiner III (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAFebruary 19, 2019
It is a tough place to work. The clients are very demanding and there's not enough time in the day. Adjusters now have to type benefit notices which slows down the work process.
Training is horrible
SENIOR DISABILITY CLAIMS EXAMINER (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 18, 2019
It becomes very difficult to do your job when the training is literally reading from a step process for 5 weeks straight. After this, then they start you off with a huge load of cases and you are expected to meed quota when you are in fact, just learning the ropes. You also are expected to speak to customer and educate them about the claim, but it's hard to do that when your training has been almost null. This experience was a huge disappointment.
Pros
good benefits and vacation
Cons
they are not honest about all the job entails when you get hired, you come to find out during the job
Worst company ever
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Seven Hills, OHFebruary 16, 2019
Very cut throat environment. Entire department laid off and everyone left to fend for themselves. Management only cares about making the client happy and not the actual workers.. Very bad leadership all around.
Fast paced and stressful with frequent changes
Recovery Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHFebruary 16, 2019
A typical day starts between 8 am and 10 am depending on your schedule and ends about 7.5 hours later. Your are at your computer for most of the day unless a meeting or training is scheduled. You get two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch. You do get a few days of training before they leave you to work on your own. Training is usually completed by a senior employee. Management is okay as they do try to work with your schedule when you have emergencies. However the communication between employees could be spotty especially between different teams. The company does provide job related incentives and awards thru out the year.
Pros
Overtime, Benfits, Weekends and holidays off, incentives
Cons
Overtime, Communication between management and employees
Current role
Quality Program Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 14, 2019
I work from home, M-Th from 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM as a Quality Program Consultant. My role is to complete audits on colleagues for the MCO. At times I have assisted in covering the workloads for absent Case Managers.
Pros
work at home opportunity
Cons
inconsistent treatment of colleagues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sedgwick. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sedgwick.

Powered by Comparably