See's Candies

See's Candies Employee Reviews

See's Candies insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose

Review

restock shelves, waiting on customers. I learned about See's candy, how it got started, where it originated from. The management was great and fun to work for, coworkers were great, there was no hard part and the whole job was enjoyable

Pros

great company, pay was desent, fun

Cons

seasonal

Nice for a first time job

It’s a great company to work for, i started off as a seasonal. And became an all year round employee after Valentine’s day. The pay is also great, more than minimum wage.

Pros

the pay

Cons

n/a

Great CEO, employees first.

I have worked for See's for 8 years. Some changes are slow in coming but overall the higher management listens to implement changes needed. Managers are able to make executive decisions.

Pros

Able to eat all the candy you want while working

Cons

Most don't realize it's very busy and fast pace work.

Keyholder

This is a great company to work for and highly recommended. They care for their employees and there is great opportunity for growth. Loved working for them for five years. Their product is also of the highest quality got an opportunity to visit production were the chocolate is made and it was a very pleasant experience.

Pros

Great employee culture

Cons

Okay depending on what you’re looking for.

I took this job thinking it would be better than my last job, especially since it was closer to home and paid more. The training was virtually nonexistent (even as someone hired straight into management), and I was left to manage one of their busiest stores the week of Easter on my 11th day on the job. I had absolutely zero support from any upper management and wasn’t given the tools I needed to do my job to the best of my ability. I was told I would be working 30-32 hours a week, which worked for my personal life, and have been at close to 40 since I started. Not a “bad” thing, but not what I was expecting nor what I wanted. The shops are chronically understaffed, they do much of their administrative work as if technology doesn’t exist, and the upper management is inconsistent and often lazy. The customers are also some of the rudest, most entitled people I’ve dealt with in my 15 years in retail. This might be a good choice for part time (though hours are not guaranteed) or seasonal work. Holiday seasons can be incredibly exhausting though, as you never have enough help. You’d think they’d figure out better ways to do things in their 100 years of doing business.

Pros

Free candy throughout your shift, product discount, flexible scheduling for non-management

Cons

Awful customers, unhelpful absentee management, only get discount at store you work at, not allowed to have an availability if you’re in management (I.e. see’s has to be your entire life)

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Fun workplace with great people

Started out as seasonal but they kept me longer. I was always happy to go to work! They let you try all the chocolate for great purposes. Customers were always so easy to help out & happy. Managers were always so extremely helpful & positive!!!

Pros

Free samples of chocolate

Cons

Short breaks.

The pay makes it worthwhile- to a point.

Not a bad place to work, but mainly during holidays and for management. Customers tend to be entitled and get annoyed easily. Corporate is generally not helpful, so if you’re management, that’s a drag, but sales associates won’t ever have contact with that part of the business. Lots of standing and memorizing of product and locations and prices and general ingredients. Very traditional values and ancient equipment.

Pros

pay for management is fantastic, summers are slow, great first job, good for college students

Cons

holidays are terrible, customers are entitled, corporate is unhelpful

Good for the Holidays

If it’s your first job, it’s a wonderful place to work to get yourself a base level of experience. A 30% off discount for employees, hour lunches if you work more than 6 hours. There was an under staffing issue after the holiday season. I also did encounter an issue where long time employees weren’t even being given the small amounts of vacation time they had asked for. Good for short term but it doesn’t seem that they care much about their seasonal employees while expecting a lot out of them.

Pros

1 hour lunches, understanding management, great work environment, friendly staff

Cons

Under staffed, short shifts, low pay

Anxiety stress toxic environment

Really toxic environment, not a lot of room for growth unless you want to sell your soul to this company. No room for individuality. No guaranteed hours you can literally go weeks only working 8-16 hours.

Pros

Free chocolate on breaks

Love working for this company

Started working as a seasonal sales associate and ended up staying for part-time position. Love working for this company and with my shop team, very supportive and respectful between coworkers. It is very busy and stressful for the holiday seasons but overall still an enjoyable working environment.

Pros

Chocolate samples, employee discounts, friendly environment

Cons

insurance system

Great sales experience

I worked here as a seasonal sales associate. I gained retail sales experience. However, I wish there was more training involved especially since it was my first time working there. My favorite part about working was getting to try the candies.

Busy for the holidays

Fast paced and very busy work environment during the holidays but when the slow season comes…there’s not enough hours for even management some times.

Pros

Good benefits for management, great company history, nice uniforms

Cons

Non holiday = no hours

Best retail job out there

For speciality retail, this job is the best. There are no insane expectations of their employees. Just learn the chocolate and do your best. I never felt uncomfortable or like I didn’t belong.

Pros

Good hourly rate, nice managers, trustworthy people

Cons

Repetitive tasks

Free chocolate

Working retail at See’s can feel very different depending on your manager at a location, but everyone regular is very friendly and more than willing to help you out.

A decent retail job

I worked here for about 5 years and enjoyed it quite a bit. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a decent retail/sales job. You also get to sample the chocolate on your breaks so that's an added benefit.

Working at See's had its good days and bad days. Store managers are understanding and always willing to help you. Unfortunately the upper management (corporate office) really doesn't care about us and makes us do all the busy work. Most customers are nice to interact with but with all retail places, there's the small portion that gives you a hard time. It's stressful when you have to work alone and it's busy, which turns out to be pretty often since we're understaffed.

Pros

eating chocolates at work and employee discount, coworkers are fun to be around

Cons

extremely low hours, working alone is stressful

Loved this job

Honestly one of the best jobs I've ever had, the company is all about team and coming together to help make people's days! They help their employees and stand by them through it all!

Great company

Great company to work for…good pay. This was a good starting place for a job, great experience in working with tourist and getting to learn Japanese.

Great temp iob

Awesome coworkers and company to work for. Great management and as a temp job, you worked many hours. Worked during the holiday season, so it was very busy.

Good for a Temporary Job

Pretty good no complains with the company itself. It’s a great company overall and I found out how they actually made their candy. I’m now addicted I love see’s candies. Remote job was good. Not a lot of life and work balance as sometimes you also work weekends. The leads can be rude and have some attitude.

Pros

Fun

Cons

Rude leads, long and boring shifts

Loved and fun place to work

I loved working for See’s, my position was temporarily because I was a pop up store, but I was asked to work for another store. Overall had a lot of fun and everyone I worked with was great.

Pros

Free candy and great pay

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at See's Candies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at See's Candies.
Powered byComparably