See's Candies Employee Reviews

Worked seasonal; not bad
Seasonal Sales (Former Employee) –  East Wenatchee, WASeptember 19, 2018
I enjoyed working at See's Candies, seasonally. The manager that was hired for the time period was amazing. Was a lighthearted but driven work environment.
Fun work place
Candy Counter (Former Employee) –  SparksSeptember 14, 2018
Working at see’s candies is and was always a really easy to learn in environment. My manager never got angry and always helped me out when i didn’t know how to do something.
See's Candies
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 8, 2018
Though I only worked for this Company on a Seasonal Bases. I enjoyed the time I worked for them. This is a really great Company to work for, in the way they treat their employee's.
Being Seasonal I did not receive any Benefits. However I was given a generous employee Discount on Merchandise. They do a great service to there employees for there time of service. Honored every 5yrs. I highly recommend working for this company if you have the chance.
Pros
Hours were flexable, Pay was fair
Cons
Can be slow and tedious at times.
Happy Place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Happy Valley, ORSeptember 4, 2018
Great place to work for students or part time only. hours vary and can change quickly depending on the season. hard on the body. flexible schedule is a perk.
A day in the Candy Corporate World
Shop Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 4, 2018
A day in the office, you need to be flexible and manage your responsibilities by what the day entails. Prioritize your desk by what is more important to the least important and be able to answer all questions, concerns, and phone calls.

Co-workers keep to themselves but will always ask if anyone needs help. Office mood can be stressful, especially during holiday. Overall, the mood is relaxed.
Pros
Set working hours
Cons
Small office
See’s candies was a very fun and enjoyable place to work
Seasonal Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 28, 2018
I really enjoyed working at See’s. The store managers worked alone side of coworkers and I (everyone supported each other, and friendships was born). The store was welcoming and peaceful (even when the store was chaotic). Customers always left with a smile. See’s is very appreciated.. I wish the location wasn’t seasonal but I learned a lot about customer service and retail.
Pros
Good communication, team setting, good vibes, celebration of birthdays, acknowledgement of professionalism after assigning rude customers
Cons
Having to ware stockings, limitations on expression of art work (tattoos)
good company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAAugust 25, 2018
slower pace in off season very busy during peak season lines out the doors staffing challenge was to hire enough seasonal help to be there for peak events and not work during slow season
Work environment was perfect
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 13, 2018
Work environment was really helpful, got to meet a lot of great people. Learned a lot about the store and how everything goes smoothly. Managers put a lot of thought into our flexibility and time. I really enjoyed my 2 years there.
Pros
Free chocolate
Cons
No benefits, or raises
7 years and a lot of changes
Retail Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 8, 2018
When I first started with the company it was very easy to understand your role in the company and store, and there was an answer in one of the big books for any question you have. A new location, and the management is clearly disjointed from that principal. It makes work inconsistent and stressful. Minimal management training- all policy and procedure. Decision making and judgement calls are not taught or work shopped, they are a case by case with your chain of management. Corporate is slow with changes in payroll, address changes, new hire processing. There are about 3 overlapping systems in check for inventory and sales- moving from one to another and they are still working out the kinks about a decade later.. "Flexible hours" means if there are emergency changes needed to the schedule, you're getting called and pressured into covering for minimal hours to avoid overtime.
Pros
Free uniforms, free samples, fun enviroment
Cons
purchase your own nylons- mandatory, minimal vacation accrual/approval, slow corporate web
Productive, fun, and intense
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAAugust 8, 2018
This was my first retail job and you always hear the horrors of working retail but See's Candies was different. My first day there I was greeted with smiles and patience as i was taught how to ring up customers and wrap up boxed candy. When lunch break came around I was given a 45 minuet lunch break which, I had never received before while working in the food industry. The hourly rate was that of more than the minimum wage by .50 cents. At the end of the seasonal work I was gifted with a 50lb gold box of chocolates for me and my family for working on Christmas, which was only for a half day for the employees. This company, although may be strict on appearances, is probably the best company I have ever worked for.
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAAugust 7, 2018
Although my time there was not as long as I would have liked for it to be, it was truly amazing working here. The managers are truly good people and there is not really any complaint from me on working here.
Pretty good job
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAAugust 3, 2018
Job is decent, managers are reasonable, work isn't too hard if u can lift a few lbs, just gather orders and stack them to be mailed to customers online.
Stable job with good benifits
Lead Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 26, 2018
I worked at a location that was prone to poor management. Higher upper management was no bad, just the in store and sometimes their superior. The benefits were good, but the hours were poor. Unless you were an Assistant or above, you weren't guaranteed any hours. Assistant Managers only got around 30 hours. The job itself is great. I loved the customers I worked with and the work itself wasnt't very stressful if you are a people oriented person with a strong work ethic. I would defiantly work for other locations within the company again.
Pros
45 minitue lunches, sick hours/vacation pay, health benifits, 401K
Cons
Poor hours unless you are store manager, location hours are not the same at all locations
Productive, fun learning experience.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 25, 2018
Dealing with customers really helps the day go by, learning and trying new candies was especially fun!
Management never thought they were better then you, it was a really positive place.
Pros
Free candy, meeting new people, always styaing busy
Cons
Alot of candy, always busy.
Sales Clerk and Cashier level 2 (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 24, 2018
When I was an employee for Sees candies in California for almost 10 years , I was very saddened to had to leave cause we moved to Nevada, great mamagment , it wasn’t to far from home, all the employees were awesome .
Pros
Short staff sometimes, not enough hours
Cons
Excellent Benefits
Great work experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Diamond Bar, CAJuly 24, 2018
The manager at the Diamond Bar location is by far one of the best managers I've worked for. The other employees are also amazing. the work is very easy. The only reason I couldn't work here is because they don't give enough hours
I loved my Job
Level II Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJuly 22, 2018
I loved working for sees candies my assistant manager is amazing.
she works well with others, helps you to understand how to do things that don't fall under your job title so you can possibly have a future there. Its a great place to work everyone there is friendly and helpful. The only part that I didn't like is the hours are minimal and there is no room for growth unless you are a manager or an assistant manager.
fun work environment
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJuly 20, 2018
Very delicious chocolate. I enjoyed working there in the small amount that I did because I got a good feel for the rapid customer service experience, and how to communicate with customers. There was a lot of remembering to do with different chocolates but overall it was lots of fun.
Good job, but mostly seasonal
Lead Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 18, 2018
Great job, especially if you are a stock associate, but you only work during seasonal periods that include Christmas, Valentines
Day, and Easter. Some floater positions available for front end postitions through out the year, but part time at best. Great, fast paced, fun job.
Pros
Fun, Friendly
Cons
Seasonal hours
Sweet part time job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 18, 2018
It started off seasonally and then moved up to part time. This is a retail SALES position. Sell that candy. Bonus is you get to try the candy(in the breakroom).
Pros
Sample the candy yourself! Flexible hours.
Cons
Not many hours after major holidays-christmas. Valentine's day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at See's Candies. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

See reviews about

Diversity score

62out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at See's Candies.

Powered by Comparably