See's Candies Employee Reviews

fun work environment
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJuly 20, 2018
Very delicious chocolate. I enjoyed working there in the small amount that I did because I got a good feel for the rapid customer service experience, and how to communicate with customers. There was a lot of remembering to do with different chocolates but overall it was lots of fun.
Good job, but mostly seasonal
Lead Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 18, 2018
Great job, especially if you are a stock associate, but you only work during seasonal periods that include Christmas, Valentines
Day, and Easter. Some floater positions available for front end postitions through out the year, but part time at best. Great, fast paced, fun job.
Pros
Fun, Friendly
Cons
Seasonal hours
Sweet part time job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 18, 2018
It started off seasonally and then moved up to part time. This is a retail SALES position. Sell that candy. Bonus is you get to try the candy(in the breakroom).
Pros
Sample the candy yourself! Flexible hours.
Cons
Not many hours after major holidays-christmas. Valentine's day.
Great friendly environment
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJuly 14, 2018
Only worked here for a month during the Christmas rush, can get very hectic but keeps you on your toes. Friendly co workers with a great management. Draws a lot of friendly customers
This job was alright bad location
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJuly 1, 2018
This job would have been better if the store was in a better location. since this time the store has closed down. I love the candy and working here was pretty awesome besides the fake 50s nurses uniforms.
good workplace culture
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 1, 2018
I enjoy working at See's Candies. It is a strong company. I like to moto "Quality without Compromise". Go in an enjoy a piece of candy. I do enjoy the candy, we can eat as much as we want when we are there.
Pros
eating candy
Cons
don't have any
Great company to work for
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJune 29, 2018
I am happy to work for a company who make their employees priority. It's hard work with good pay and benefits for full time employees. Teamwork is taught and encouraged.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Part time and seasonal help are not guaranteed hours
Fast paced, seasonal job with possibility for advancement.
Lead Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJune 28, 2018
Fun job, fast paced because it's usually during holiday seasons. Friendly employees working with a common goal of making the customer happy. Time flies and a great enviroment.
Work at See's Candies
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 26, 2018
A typical work day was good we offered different samples everyday and helped people find what they were looking for.
How to organize things according to their julian date.
Mostly calm.
Getting assistants when a customer made a big purchase.
Getting to see peoples smiling faces when they came to purchase our goods.
Pros
if u worked 5 hours u get a hour lunch
Cons
short breaks anything less
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 16, 2018
Working At See's Candy is fun. re stocking of candies in the shelves is enjoyable. I learned all kinds of the delicious flavor of see's candies. The hardest part is when the customer is asking for a lot of sample and then they will go out without buying anything. Haha.. The most enjoyable is during the training when you have to learn all the flavors, the gift wrapping, the sales coaching. and one more thing you are allowed to eat see's candies during your breaks. Love it so much.
Pros
free eating of see's candies during break
Cons
small place
Great part time job for fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXJune 16, 2018
There is no advancement options or raise options. But it is a great place for part time or seasonal work. Christmas and Valentine's day are the most busy, and sometimes customers get out of hand, but it usually isn't too bad. The rest of the time is mostly smooth sailing.
Pros
Get to eat free chocolate
Cons
Stagnant position and pay.
A fun Fast-paced environment with a lot of teamwork that helps build worker social skills.
Clerk/Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Newark, CA 94560June 14, 2018
I love working there, unfortunately it was far away from my school and from my home that it become too expensive to travel there and back. I earned only $11 dollars a hour. But the amount of teamwork is incredible, it's not competitive at all. Everyone is trying to help everyone out, because when it gets busy you need to band together to get the customers out as fast as possible to help the next one in line. Customers are the only problem. I think out of any store they get the rudest and unreasonable customers who try to swindle the store. People rob us and get mad if we don't drop what we are doing and help them instead of the customer ahead of them. Just because they are ready to check out and the one we are with is not. But our store goes by a line and apparently they don't get that you gotta wait because there was people ahead of them.
Pros
Free Chocolate, Discounts
Cons
Very temperamental customers, lack of cooperation on schedules
A lovely place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 13, 2018
This place was wonderful in so many ways. That may be just because I happened to work at an out of the way pop-up shop for Christmas, so it certainly wasn't as busy as a normal store would be, but all the same I felt comfortable there. I was trained and kept with my manager (who was a sweetheart considering how stupid I may have acted, it was after all my first taste of the working world mind you) until I had known enough to be left alone to work the store front. Keep it clean, stock what was needed, and help out the occasional customer was all I had to do since we didn't have a candy counter. But still, you got to eat a lot of chocolate when on break in the back if wanted. Also I got to meet a celebrity while on the clock one morning, so it was especially cool!
Pros
Free candy, good training, friendly coworkers, easy work
Cons
Wearing the gender-specific uniform was mandatory
Working at See's
SANITATION SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 13, 2018
I would have to say I was mislead at the interviews, nothing turned out quite as they put it. I walked into a mess of paperwork that was not revised for several years, no real sanitation program was in place, no SSOP's were approved but one! the workforce was an aged workforce which under union contract was a headache to get things done when you have to follow a seniority list! Not what I expected at all
Pros
Pay, and Benefits
Cons
Environment, No transperency, No ownership
i would recommend my friends to work for sees candies very friendly environment and lots of candy
data entry clerk (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJune 7, 2018
I would highly recommend my friends to work at sees candies very friendly environment . Very comfortable place to work at and lots of candy! All the employees at sees candies have a very positive attitude
It’s a fun seasonal job
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 6, 2018
It’s a fun seasonal job with unlimited chocolate. The only downside was my management and if you called out they would judge you and give you less hours (even if it was an emergency). Also the manager would lead us based on her personal experience with us and would pick and chose her favorites.
Pros
Fun
read below
Lead Clerk, Cashier/Stock (Current Employee) –  La Cañada Flintridge, CAMay 30, 2018
Fast pace work environment, need great customer service fun place to work, learned how to open close paperwork and cash registers for shop, great communication with district manager he was the best person I ever worked for, the hardest for me was the schedule. I would sometimes only work 8 hours a week, how can you survive and pay bills? I would ask for more hours but the manager would advise me they were only given so many hours per month to work with for all Employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is you can eat as much chocolate as you'd like as long as you are on a working shift and are on break, or lunchbreak only. Over all I enjoy working for See's Candies.
Pros
city of La Canada, CA. & eating all the chocolate you'd like.
Cons
pay rate, hours
Good place
Seasonal Clerk (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 27, 2018
Co-workers were great, management was lazy and you ruined someone's Christmas because you were out of peanut butter patties on Christmas eve. Great temporary job, pays well.
Very busy place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 21, 2018
This was a very fast paced place to work during most times of the year. Summer was slower for the most part. Overall it was busy and you had opportunities to grow within the company.
Pros
Great opportunities for growth.
Cons
it can be hard on the hands because of the repetitive movements.
Okay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 18, 2018
I would not recommend this job to someone who cannot stand on their feet during their shift. I would not recommend this job to someone who cannot work fast paced.
Pros
Free candy
Cons
No advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at See's Candies. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

1.0Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight