See's Candies Employee Reviews

Worse place to ever work at
LEAD CLERK (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesNovember 8, 2018
This company will never have your back, they’re notorious for throwing people under the bus, it’s a very catty work place, they rather promote a stranger than workers who’ve been w/ the company for years just so they don’t have to pay them more.
Pros
All you can eat chocolates
Cons
Catty & gossipy work place especially between staff & upper management, no work balance & they don’t honor requested days off even when submitted months ahead of time!
loved it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CANovember 4, 2018
it's a great job for what it is. who doesn't like chocolate right? The management was great there. The busy days made the hours fly by and the coworkers made the job fun.
Fun place to work
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORNovember 2, 2018
Great place to work. Great management! I like being paid weekly. Overtime kicks in daily if you work over 8 hours. This job for me is seasonal but if you do well and want something part time for the rest of the year, this can be an option for you.
Pros
Good discount, fun place to work
Cons
part time only
Loved working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2018
Working at See's was rarely stressful, except during the holidays. My manager and coworkers were amazing and i made some of my best friends working there.
Sees Candies REview
A/R Coordinator/Credit & Collection (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAOctober 29, 2018
A company I can consider, better than others. Althoug during my almost 10 years of employment, a grdual change in benefits occurred, overall, it's still a good company. Medical benefits are good and culture is not bad.
Pros
A fair and stable company to work for
Cons
If the company meets annual sales target, bonuses are given
Not a bad job
LEVEL TWO SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAOctober 27, 2018
It's only part time unless you are in management or if it is during the holiday season. But other than that it is a great and fairly easy part time job.
Lovely and relaxing
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAOctober 16, 2018
Working at See's Candies is a great experience I love working with the customers by giving out samples with a smile. It's located in the Fox hills mall where u can probably run into local celebrities and sports players.
Pros
Eat as much candy as u want
Fun workplace
Assisstant Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 11, 2018
Fun, fast very busy environment. Can get crazy during the holidays. Really enjoy working for the company just looking for something different right now.
Pros
You can eat all the candy you want
Cons
No room for advancement
Fun and energetic work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAOctober 7, 2018
I enjoyed my time working with this company. It was a fun work environment as well as gave me ample opportunity to increase my customers service skills.
Pros
Longer lunches, fun work environment.
Cons
Fast pace work environment can sometimes be overwhelming.
no room for advancement
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 3, 2018
See's Candies is actually not a good place to work. There is absolutely no room for advancement based on your job abilities. Employees are in positions of management not due to their ability but simply due to having been there for years.
The systems are outdated and the company is slow to accepting or moving towards any changes.
Annual compensation is given not on your job performance. Everyone within the each department is given the same amount of money.
Lack of leadership from the top down.
Pros
Cons
poor leadership
its a great start
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 26, 2018
It was my first real job and i didn't know much about being a sale associate but my co workers where there when i need help and help me when they could.
Worked seasonal; not bad
Seasonal Sales (Former Employee) –  East Wenatchee, WASeptember 19, 2018
I enjoyed working at See's Candies, seasonally. The manager that was hired for the time period was amazing. Was a lighthearted but driven work environment.
Fun work place
Candy Counter (Former Employee) –  SparksSeptember 14, 2018
Working at see’s candies is and was always a really easy to learn in environment. My manager never got angry and always helped me out when i didn’t know how to do something.
See's Candies
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 8, 2018
Though I only worked for this Company on a Seasonal Bases. I enjoyed the time I worked for them. This is a really great Company to work for, in the way they treat their employee's.
Being Seasonal I did not receive any Benefits. However I was given a generous employee Discount on Merchandise. They do a great service to there employees for there time of service. Honored every 5yrs. I highly recommend working for this company if you have the chance.
Pros
Hours were flexable, Pay was fair
Cons
Can be slow and tedious at times.
Happy Place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Happy Valley, ORSeptember 4, 2018
Great place to work for students or part time only. hours vary and can change quickly depending on the season. hard on the body. flexible schedule is a perk.
A day in the Candy Corporate World
Shop Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 4, 2018
A day in the office, you need to be flexible and manage your responsibilities by what the day entails. Prioritize your desk by what is more important to the least important and be able to answer all questions, concerns, and phone calls.

Co-workers keep to themselves but will always ask if anyone needs help. Office mood can be stressful, especially during holiday. Overall, the mood is relaxed.
Pros
Set working hours
Cons
Small office
See’s candies was a very fun and enjoyable place to work
Seasonal Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 28, 2018
I really enjoyed working at See’s. The store managers worked alone side of coworkers and I (everyone supported each other, and friendships was born). The store was welcoming and peaceful (even when the store was chaotic). Customers always left with a smile. See’s is very appreciated.. I wish the location wasn’t seasonal but I learned a lot about customer service and retail.
Pros
Good communication, team setting, good vibes, celebration of birthdays, acknowledgement of professionalism after assigning rude customers
Cons
Having to ware stockings, limitations on expression of art work (tattoos)
good company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAAugust 25, 2018
slower pace in off season very busy during peak season lines out the doors staffing challenge was to hire enough seasonal help to be there for peak events and not work during slow season
Work environment was perfect
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 13, 2018
Work environment was really helpful, got to meet a lot of great people. Learned a lot about the store and how everything goes smoothly. Managers put a lot of thought into our flexibility and time. I really enjoyed my 2 years there.
Pros
Free chocolate
Cons
No benefits, or raises
7 years and a lot of changes
Retail Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 8, 2018
When I first started with the company it was very easy to understand your role in the company and store, and there was an answer in one of the big books for any question you have. A new location, and the management is clearly disjointed from that principal. It makes work inconsistent and stressful. Minimal management training- all policy and procedure. Decision making and judgement calls are not taught or work shopped, they are a case by case with your chain of management. Corporate is slow with changes in payroll, address changes, new hire processing. There are about 3 overlapping systems in check for inventory and sales- moving from one to another and they are still working out the kinks about a decade later.. "Flexible hours" means if there are emergency changes needed to the schedule, you're getting called and pressured into covering for minimal hours to avoid overtime.
Pros
Free uniforms, free samples, fun enviroment
Cons
purchase your own nylons- mandatory, minimal vacation accrual/approval, slow corporate web

Ask a question about working or interviewing at See's Candies. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

1.0Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight