See Forever Foundation Employee Reviews

3.5Pay & Benefits
2.5Job Security & Advancement
Avoid at all costs
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDAugust 22, 2017
This place is god awful, cut throat savages that do not know what they are doing. If you can avoid this company for the sake of your sanity. They are under investigation by OSSE tampering with records falsifying documents.
Pros
Kids have a good heart
Cons
Management is crazy
Avoid this place if you can because there is no loyalty.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 13, 2017
The kids here can be a challenge but after a while they come around. The real problem is the Management! We didn't get contracts for the 17/18 school year until 2 days before the end of the year. The Management isn't open front and honest. I wasn't given a reason why I was let go other than the decision was made not to offer you a contract. WOW!
Pros
kids
Cons
Management, Poor decision making, Nobody seems to know whats going on.
Great experience working with the District of Columbia students from Ward 7 and 8.
Maya Angelou PCS- Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 19, 2014
My typical work day consists of:
*Providing individualized and group therapy sessions
*Monitoring students' academics, behavior, and attendance
*Conducting student mediations
*Contacting parents and outside support workers
*Providing supervision for students within a residential setting
*Overseeing culture enrichment activities for students within a residential setting
*Conducting student/parent relationship workshops, and etc.

I have learned from working this job that you have to be truly dedicated and that one will not always get the results wanted. Patience is truly an asset when working with children and it will get you very far. Even though you are given a specific job title, sometimes you have to be the one person who picks up the slack of another, to ensure that the job is done.

I have some of the best co-workers that any worker would appreciate. Everyone works together to ensure that no one is left behind.

The hardest part of my job is seeing the potential in students who are not able to see it in themselves.

The most enjoyable parts of my job are the students and my co-workers.
Pros
Students who are very honest about their issues and deficits. Co-workers who appreciate each other.
Cons
Tedious multiple responsibilites at times.
Great!!!!!
Counselor See Forever Foundation (Former Employee) –  WDCOctober 1, 2013
This company is an excellent place to work especially if enjoy working with children. You will absolutely love your co-workers!!!!
Pros
Gratification of working with kids!
Cons
No tolorence do not apply
Life-Changing Experience
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 31, 2012
This is an organization that was founded by passionate people and is still run by passionate, smart, realistic people who are working hard to improve the lives and futures of kids who have not succeeded in other schools. The organization has a beautiful culture and working there changed my life.
Pros
great people, inspired leadership, sense of belonging to a worthwhile effort
Cons
hard work, long hours, little room for work/lfe balance