Sefnco Communications Employee Reviews

Accounting Department is viewed within the Company as the worst department to work in.
AR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAOctober 8, 2018
This Company lacks a Team culture and works in a whirlwind environment.
Management does not have the skills to help train the employees properly.
Be prepared to work past a 8 hour shift.
Pros
Puyallup Location
Cons
Poor Management
Determined to be different
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 17, 2018
SEFNCO isn't perfect, but as an organization they work diligently across departments and work groups to constantly improve and be an industry leader. Of course there is room for improvement, that is where employees come in, call that job security. Employees have busy, full, work loads and days can sometimes be long, hectic, with changing priorities and deadlines to meet. Still, EVERYONE takes so much pride in their work, and daily strive to make it safe, make it personal and make it home.
Pros
Supportive management, friendly employees, CORE team
Core team rocks
Adminitrative (Current Employee) –  Washington StateSeptember 11, 2018
Overall it has been a challenging but rewarding time with Sefnco. I love my boss, corwkers and our CORE Team events they put on for everyone. The CORE Team does a lot of events in my locations for the emplyoees and fund rasiers. It's really great to see the copmany support us.
Pros
Free cups of noodels
Growing company, productive and great people
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CASeptember 11, 2018
No two days will be the same, Management is there to support and provide guidance. Great team of coworkers who enjoy what they do and offer a helping hand if needed.
Pros
Lots of opportunities to cross train and learn different roles
Feels Like a Family
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  ColoradoSeptember 11, 2018
I enjoy working at SEFNCO Communications! The company operates more like a family than a business, and I know the company cares.

The best part of the job is the freedom I have to get my job done while having a supportive team to collaborate with.

SEFNCO also values work-life balance and I never feel like I'm being overworked.
Pros
Competitive salary, good benefits, good work-life balance
Family environment
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Washington StateSeptember 10, 2018
SEFNCO has a great culture, fun CORE (team building) events and respectful environment. I've worked for SEFNCO for nearly 2 years and don't intend to leave anytime soon. Opportunity for advancement is great and ability to grow as an individual with certifications/schooling is encouraged.
It’s a job not a career
Aerial Lineman/Underground (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 6, 2018
Don’t work here! This is by far the worst company I’ve ever worked for from management to politics. Use it for a stepping stone for a competitor company.
Pros
You Will Meet Some Awesome (Blue Collars Workers)
Cons
Management, Politics, Micromanaging, Stressful Work, And Unstable Work With Comcast
Sefnco
Help Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COSeptember 6, 2018
I loved working here. this was a great place to work. the atmosphere is freindly and it was one of the best jobs i ever had. i am grateful to work here
Horrible management/staff/HR
Associate (Former Employee) –  ColoradoAugust 7, 2018
Horrible management, lack of training, poor communication. No internal advancement, no promotions unless your in with the crew. Horrible in house HR that doesn't know anything about HR.
Pros
Cons
the whole company
Management is lacking very poor planning
Directional Driller ground crew (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAJuly 9, 2018
Managers threaten workers with termination all the time. They also don’t utilize the assets they have or the experienced employees input on purchasing expensive equipment. So in context spend millions on equipment not suited for the job.
Pros
Co-workers for most part are great to work with
Cons
High turn over rate good fill in occupation while looking for something else
Best telecommunications construction company ever
Manager - Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 15, 2018
Best telecommunications construction company ever, hands down. Family based, created by individuals who were driven, intelligent, and motivated to make a change in the industry.
Network Technician/ splicer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 24, 2018
Bad i rather not say not a very good work environment I would not recommend this place for No One extremely stressful low hours and less pay good starter company but no place I would rather retire at
Great company to work for
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMarch 9, 2018
Typical day for me, either started in the field or office. I had various job locations all throughout East Bay and had to stay on top of them too meet deadlines. I met with construction crews in the morning to debrief on jobs/work getting done that day. I closed out jobs previously completed and billed for them. Created job packets for current and new incoming jobs for work to be completed or started. Worked with scheduling and construction management to schedule days on work to be done. Attended Pre-Con meetings for upcoming sites as well as construction meetings with builders, city inspectors etc on current jobs to discuss work and time-frame. Notified and relayed all information for work and dates to my counterpart at Comcast/Xfinity.

Unfortunately, the location where I was assigned struggled for proper management. Was not stable and change in direction every other month, was hard to focus and adjust to so many changes so often.

I enjoyed my time at SEFNCO, again was a very GREAT company to work for and they treat their employees very well. HR was very friendly and easy to talk to. We had employee appreciation quite often, BBQs, contest, etc.

This was my first time ever working in this type of environment, however I learned a lot in such little time and became one of the best in my department.
Pros
Company vehicle/gas card, laptop, phone, the freedom to come and go as you please (just get your work done).
Cons
Can be a lot of work not much family time, if you don't like driving unfortunately this requires a lot of driving
It’s a job basically.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  DenverMarch 8, 2018
Company is growing and recently merged with Mastec. Better opportunities to expand your roll through out both companies if that’s what you want. The actual field work load can’t be rigorous as any construction job, so don’t apply if your not physically fit to pull, carry and lift a lot.

Your fellow coworkers can be the best and worst thing about the company escially as a laborer. If you get along with other great if not then don’t apply. Team work is essential with this job. I’ve enjoyed my fellow CO workers overall.

Work expectations as far as due dates on jobs I give grade of needs improvement. Jobs can be sprung on you and you are told it’s due today.....a lot! You are pushed to get the job done no matter how many hours you work.

There’s no real training, everything is learn as you go. Can be good and bad for you in my opinion.
Pros
Good work environment with fellow coworkers
Cons
Needs improvement with job timetables and training.
Great
Project Coordinator and General Manager (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WAMarch 8, 2018
it is a great place to work, friendly people and awesome culture.
never had an issue with any upper manager or co-worker.

benefits were great and the company would make sure you would be able to acquire them
Chill yet stressful
Outside Plant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Work days were relaxed but basically micro managed myself. Management was not very helpful at times. manager had favorites so i usually got bad routes while his friends got everything in town
Pros
good pay
Cons
management
its work
Design Department/Designer (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAFebruary 6, 2018
it was an ok job but never saw any advancement in my future. very relaxed some of the time but other times deadlines had to be met which required overtime
Place to work if what you want is a job.
Outside Plant Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 5, 2018
Place to work if what you want is a job. NOT a good place to work if your looking for a career. I would suggest using it as a great stepping stone and nothing more.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Accounts Receivable
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 28, 2017
Constant activity in all departments as SEFNCO is a growing and up and coming company.
Management strives to make the environment beneficial for both the Customer and the employees.
Construction Atmosphere
The most difficult part of the job is the lack of up to date technology and software.
Wonderful people
Pros
Great People
Cons
Need to improve technology
This company is a terrible place to work!
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 26, 2017
Complete chaos. They'll give the golden boy all the credit for hard work done. Managers do absolutely nothing. No respect out in the field or in the office. Other employees will stab you in the back to gain more manager approval. Judgmental on beliefs and overall personality. I was a Forman and was not given one job ever, they were all given to the golden boy who wasn't even a Forman and questioned other experienced employees on their ability to do the work. Run!!! Positive moral was non exsistant, I felt so out of place and when I left it was a great relief. "Were all in this together" ya right. I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to go here.
Pros
Cons
Where do I start? Too much to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sefnco Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight