Sefnco Communications Employee Reviews

Best telecommunications construction company ever
Manager - Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 15, 2018
Best telecommunications construction company ever, hands down. Family based, created by individuals who were driven, intelligent, and motivated to make a change in the industry.
Network Technician/ splicer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 24, 2018
Bad i rather not say not a very good work environment I would not recommend this place for No One extremely stressful low hours and less pay good starter company but no place I would rather retire at
Great company to work for
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMarch 9, 2018
Typical day for me, either started in the field or office. I had various job locations all throughout East Bay and had to stay on top of them too meet deadlines. I met with construction crews in the morning to debrief on jobs/work getting done that day. I closed out jobs previously completed and billed for them. Created job packets for current and new incoming jobs for work to be completed or started. Worked with scheduling and construction management to schedule days on work to be done. Attended Pre-Con meetings for upcoming sites as well as construction meetings with builders, city inspectors etc on current jobs to discuss work and time-frame. Notified and relayed all information for work and dates to my counterpart at Comcast/Xfinity.

Unfortunately, the location where I was assigned struggled for proper management. Was not stable and change in direction every other month, was hard to focus and adjust to so many changes so often.

I enjoyed my time at SEFNCO, again was a very GREAT company to work for and they treat their employees very well. HR was very friendly and easy to talk to. We had employee appreciation quite often, BBQs, contest, etc.

This was my first time ever working in this type of environment, however I learned a lot in such little time and became one of the best in my department.
Pros
Company vehicle/gas card, laptop, phone, the freedom to come and go as you please (just get your work done).
Cons
Can be a lot of work not much family time, if you don't like driving unfortunately this requires a lot of driving
Great
Project Coordinator and General Manager (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WAMarch 8, 2018
it is a great place to work, friendly people and awesome culture.
never had an issue with any upper manager or co-worker.

benefits were great and the company would make sure you would be able to acquire them
Chill yet stressful
Outside Plant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Work days were relaxed but basically micro managed myself. Management was not very helpful at times. manager had favorites so i usually got bad routes while his friends got everything in town
Pros
good pay
Cons
management
its work
Design Department/Designer (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAFebruary 6, 2018
it was an ok job but never saw any advancement in my future. very relaxed some of the time but other times deadlines had to be met which required overtime
Place to work if what you want is a job.
Outside Plant Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 5, 2018
Place to work if what you want is a job. NOT a good place to work if your looking for a career. I would suggest using it as a great stepping stone and nothing more.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Accounts Receivable
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 28, 2017
Constant activity in all departments as SEFNCO is a growing and up and coming company.
Management strives to make the environment beneficial for both the Customer and the employees.
Construction Atmosphere
The most difficult part of the job is the lack of up to date technology and software.
Wonderful people
Pros
Great People
Cons
Need to improve technology
This company is a terrible place to work!
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 26, 2017
Complete chaos. They'll give the golden boy all the credit for hard work done. Managers do absolutely nothing. No respect out in the field or in the office. Other employees will stab you in the back to gain more manager approval. Judgmental on beliefs and overall personality. I was a Forman and was not given one job ever, they were all given to the golden boy who wasn't even a Forman and questioned other experienced employees on their ability to do the work. Run!!! Positive moral was non exsistant, I felt so out of place and when I left it was a great relief. "Were all in this together" ya right. I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to go here.
Pros
Cons
Where do I start? Too much to list
Micromanaged, poor culture, unethical
Outside Plant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 10, 2017
Management would riffle through cubicles for billing, unethical, less than 24 hour notice when told to work saturdays, liars, no advancement or raises
Pros
Cons
micromanaged, talked down to, unethical
Best job I've ever had
Payroll & Benefits (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAMarch 28, 2017
I love my boss and most of my co-workers. It's a great environment and I'm so lucky to have the opportunity to work here. The only con is that the benefits are pricey and not that great. Otherwise, everything else about the company is wonderful!
Pros
Everything else
Cons
Benefits aren't that great
Not happy
Outside Plant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 9, 2017
There were multiple problems with company, very high turnover rate. Difficult to get any clear objective or direction. Was always in a state of chaos, with no clear leadership.
Great place to start, but not a great place to stay
Outside Plant (OSP) Engineer (Current Employee) –  Centennial, CODecember 28, 2016
Small company, management is all about the favorites. If you're not someone's favorite, there's no room for advancement. Benefits are good, compensation is not so good. Raises are minuscule. All in all, a great place to enter into the industry, but not a good place to stay for the long term.
Pros
Lots of employee activities (BBQs, Lunches, Pot Lucks, Baseball Tix, etc)
Cons
Very stressful work environment, Heavy work load, High expectations, "The Company Comes First, Family/Personal Life Comes Second"
More than a job.
CORPORATE CONSTRUCTION SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WADecember 3, 2016
This company works very hard to make you feel at home as extended family. Always trying new ways to build moral by having events for the field crews to show their appreciation.
Terrible company
Driller (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 5, 2016
Terrible managment every one out for them selfs the gm of Colorado Springs is a creeper.. And the two construction managers under him leached off the company card sad for the owner and they continue to work there. You'll never get a raise so what you start at is where you are for everyone they always push you to hard work you all day and all night.... Cut your overtime and the construction managers do nothing
Pros
Fellow workers
Cons
Poor managment, not family oriented, and don't care about you they will always find someone cheaper
Great Place to Work
Outside Plant Engineer/Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 28, 2016
Sefnco has a great work atmosphere. Co-workers are friendly and very helpful, are willing to spend the extra time to ensure your successful in your projects and all around growth with in the company.
Pros
Great Growth Opportunity
Cons
Healthcare a bit expensive
Nice friendly place to work
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAFebruary 2, 2016
No typical days at work for me every day is a new challenge. I do enjoy working with my co-workers our management team have a open door policy ..share whats on your mind.
Pros
lots of over time
Cons
health benefits are very expensive
Bad company culture
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COAugust 20, 2015
If you enjoy working in an office that rewards bad behavior and a VP who conducts business with fear, intimidation, animosity, and laziness— then you might enjoy this place. For me it took a serious toll on my happiness at work. And being unhappy in a job can stunt your career in the long term, making you depressed and causing you to disengage. For nearly two years I watched good people leave because of the culture. I got out as soon as I could, and it was the best career decision of my life.
Great first time experience
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAJuly 13, 2015
A typical day at work involves, going through timesheets turned in for the construction crews and making sure their times in ADP match, lunch breaks are entered, any PTO requests and coding for aerial or underground work. Answering the phone and directing callers to the proper person/office, making coffee/re-stocking items in the break room, maintaining a neat/tidy working environment (especially in the front office and break room areas). Greet/direct anyone who comes into the office. Help employees with any questions/needs that arise ie: payroll, cell phone issues, e-mail, benefits, PTO forms, timesheets, petty cash requests etc. Entering the data from the crew's timesheets into a monthly spreadsheet, filing timesheet weekly at my desk and bi-weekly at payroll end in the filing cabinet. Maintaining a list of necessary office supplies for the end of month ordering through Staples and Costco. Keeping track of the production turned in by each crew to enter into two different forms for the incentive program. Scheduling UA's through my e-screen when necessary and assisting HR with cell phone set-up, insurance enrollment forms, hiring, badge renewal/issuance, employee appreciation raffles, submitting payroll etc. Send out any mail via USPS or UPS and receive/sign for deliveries from Fed Ex, UPS and other vendors. Submit PO requests at month end for Aramark and Mountain Mist. Reconcile petty cash, send receipts and manual check request for reimbursement of to HQ. Check our new construction line daily and forward any messages on to our customer for that area. Take notes during  more... our weekly OPE staff meeting and then type them up and send to my office manager. Write the highlights of the topic for our weekly safety meetings up on the white board in our training room, post the sign-in sheet, collect at the end and send a copy to HQ. Use the copy machine regularly throughout the day for scanning/copying. Replace the toner cartridges/re-stock paper as needed. Call any of our vendors whenever we have an issue/problem or need to reorder items. Take empty toner cartridges in for recycling. There is really nothing that is hard about my job. Management is decent, but there is a lack of communication at times. My co-workers are great, fun to talk to and easy to get along with. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help my co-workers and customers with any problems or needs they may have.  less
Pros
friendly, relaxed working environment
Cons
benefits are not the best
SEFNCO is a great place to work
Fiber Design Manager (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAJune 1, 2015
This company truly has a family first environment. They are all about business and growth but always expect family to come first. The management team is willing to take smart risks when it comes to growing the company as a whole.
Pros
family first, great people, awesome management
Cons
small company so higher healthcare costs but decent coverage