SEKO Logistics Employee Reviews

Disaster
Domestic Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 12, 2018
Kept my location afloat with sheer desire and talent. Was paid $70K but deserved $110K for the amount of time and energy exerted. Pay was well below industry average and the owner and corporate frequently set everyone up for failure.

Look elsewhere for better pay and career advancement opportunities based in strong employee training and investment. Also, there were no benefits at all.
Pros
Customers were nice
Cons
Everything else
Quici-paced and fast improvement
Temp (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJuly 6, 2018
Layed back job atmosphere but on their feet when they need to be. Typically well managed and overall pretty clean. Drivers coming and leaving on time.
Pros
Management would treat us to lunch.
Cons
Overrushed days.
Cuts corners
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 27, 2018
The management lacked extensively... too many errors, not enough man power, no rewards for hard workers which made it impossible to keep the hard workers so we ran through temps like clockwork
Friendly work place
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 22, 2018
Make sure it's in job offer you get raise after 90 days because I didn't have it on record but promised me at interview I would but when the time came nope didn't get one
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GA 30297June 7, 2018
Great place to work. I love the fact that there were always hours to work and also over time If I needed it. Very nice people and everyone worked together.
Productive, Fun, learning and challenging
International Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 3, 2018
Following up with suppliers; Following up on pass due material. Scheduling pick-ups and verifying deliveries. Researching out of the country deliveries. Building COOs and checking Documents.
Pros
Healthy work life
Cons
Always on Call depending on project needs.
Warehouse
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAMay 1, 2018
I liked that I got along quickly with my co-workers. Also, I liked that overtime was not mandatory. The staff was nice but I felt could do better in some areas. The shift is the same everyday so it's easy to plan out my week.
Pros
an hour lunch, good location
Cons
small parking space, few employees
the vacations
Dispatch Manager (Current Employee) –  Union City, CAApril 25, 2018
I have been with SEKO for over 18 years and I started out as a receptionist and graduated to a dispatched manager. I have not had a raise in over 5 years and I do not see any growth with this company. they are higher people with less experience and getting paid twice what I do and once they fail I have to come in and play clean up
Pros
free lunches @ the first of the month
Cons
unable to take lunches
Poorly Managed Operation
Global Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, New YorkApril 24, 2018
This is a poorly managed operation and it holds back the good people who are in the trenches from succeeding and being able to aid the operation is progressing further.
Break Room, Gym and free food
Contact carrier representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 14, 2018
Begin the day around 6:30 prepare inbound paperwork, check for incoming freight. Prepare STO outputs, commercial invoices and labels for incoming freight. Prepare cycle counts for employees. Contact Northrop Grumman for shipments. Create shipments using WMS/Harmony. Create Picks, Packs and have freight inspected by team to make sure freight matches certificates of conformance on both inbound and outbound freight.
Pros
No set time
Cons
Extended breaks
Lack of clear management
International Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIMarch 26, 2018
On a local level, the company lacks clear a vision resulting in unclear job security. Management also untrustworthy. Would not follow through with promises made.
It was a wonderful location and job for me to learn as much as I learned for working there for 10 yrs
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILFebruary 23, 2018
I would come in turn on computer. Log into email and start working right away started as switch board answering calls and transferring and then I moved to SEKOM which was more Customer Service tracking and tracking and dealing with agents. I also was trained for pick ups and dispatching. Then I worked in Domestic Support with entering and updating tariffs. Moved down to IT because Domestic Support was more like IT and fixed mistakes and things that were not working in the system
Ok
Operations (Former Employee) –  FLORIDAFebruary 12, 2018
Ok company, depends on the actual franchise owner you work for if you work at a station and not the corporate office.

Corporate office will spend the money to train their international staff. Require a class in ocean in order to be able to ship ocean, require a class in aes in order to be able to file with customs.
Some great people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILJanuary 17, 2018
SEKO has/had some great people working for both corporate and at the station levels. Corporate just could not control the stations well enough to take to the next level. Equity event changed the dynamics of the organization.
Recent additions at the senior level management are viewed as a very positive move for the organization.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Lack of communication
Sales VPs were difficult to work with.
Domestic Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAJanuary 11, 2018
I had a professional difference of opinion with the Sales VP and she used her position to have me fired. She was very unprofessional and required everyone follow her orders. I was told to misinform customers regarding orders status and if they questioned the information the VP told me she would deal with them.
working with good people
Dock Worker / Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 2, 2018
come in load trucks and drive to different places delivering furniture every in different cites i leaned from this job how to keep in different key in on the computer different things from the truck that came in all the time i was there management was good people to work with always will to help with every need you have the hardest day on the job was lifting those 300 pound tables driving the forklift going an meeting different people every day.
Pros
pay
Cons
dint have enough drivers
Poor Management
San Antonio / Austin - Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 3, 2017
The HR department is the worst, talking being everyone's back about everyone. Not professional at all! The owner is blind to see her company is being run in a negative manner.
Pros
Job is never boring
Cons
Poor management
easy job, great management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 21, 2017
I like this job, because we interacted with the customers and public on a daily basis. Delivering anything from furniture to medical equipment. This job just didnt pay well.
Pros
independence and working with customers
Cons
pay, and bad communication
Horrible Management and very stressful
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYNovember 20, 2017
Job was a warehouse environment, but never did you do just warehouse work. Manager was a micro-manager, and never let employees just do the job. They expected 12 hours of work in an 8 hour shift. Very disorganized, and confrontational, making the culture toxic. Tried to get 3 employees to cover 2 different warehouses at all times. Start one job, and then be moved to another one, and never finishing what you started. They also took on assembly work for other companies, and expected you to do that, as well as your normal job.
Overall, not an enjoyable atmosphere, and I would not recommend.
Pros
Cons
management, no sick time, short staffed
Reciever in Warehouse
warehouse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 25, 2017
Great atmosphere to work in. Friendly people and good hours. Not a difficult job to do and very rewarding. Definitely return to this job if it was an option.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
face pace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SEKO Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.