SEKO Logistics Employee Reviews

n/a
Office Assistant/Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 10, 2018
pretty good job to work at, steady pace. was able to listen to music while doing my work. not enough pay, but pretty laid back job while I worked there temporarily.
Lack of leadership and management
WAREHOUSE WORKER (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 27, 2018
The warehouse manager is inexperienced and hides it behind a mask of micromanagement, Hover boss, does not listen to his subordinates No common sense.
Pros
Used to pay good
Cons
Given contradictory orders. Poor communications.
Productive, fast paced office but relaxed
Import/Export Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 20, 2018
Seko was a great place for me to learn a lot more on logistics/ freight forwarding areas. I was able to travel outside my state a couple of times for training. My boss let us work and do our jobs with no micro managing, as well as my supervisor.
I received decent pay salary, but the down side is that there were no reviews, therefore no raises, unless you would ask personally for one.
However, my boss would provide us with bonuses at the end of the year and company parties and social events to promote team work in the office.
Pros
No micro managing, good paying salary
Cons
No yearly reviews
horrible environment
Operations (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJuly 25, 2018
long days and no reward for hard work. managers do not treat employees with respect and dignity. several racist and hurtful comments per day. will yell at employees in front of the entire office.
Pros
pshhh
Cons
no lunch, expected to work 10 hour days, no advancement or respect
Disaster
Domestic Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 12, 2018
Kept my location afloat with sheer desire and talent. Was paid $70K but deserved $110K for the amount of time and energy exerted. Pay was well below industry average and the owner and corporate frequently set everyone up for failure.

Look elsewhere for better pay and career advancement opportunities based in strong employee training and investment. Also, there were no benefits at all.
Pros
Customers were nice
Cons
Everything else
Job decription
Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 12, 2018
The company management was very poor the lost two huge accounts which caused layoffs. The company did not give me a rasie on my 6 months or after my first year as state in the company handbook. There was lack of direction from management on a daily basis.
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
Poor working situations
Quici-paced and fast improvement
Temp (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJuly 6, 2018
Layed back job atmosphere but on their feet when they need to be. Typically well managed and overall pretty clean. Drivers coming and leaving on time.
Pros
Management would treat us to lunch.
Cons
Overrushed days.
Cuts corners
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 27, 2018
The management lacked extensively... too many errors, not enough man power, no rewards for hard workers which made it impossible to keep the hard workers so we ran through temps like clockwork
Friendly work place
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 22, 2018
Make sure it's in job offer you get raise after 90 days because I didn't have it on record but promised me at interview I would but when the time came nope didn't get one
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GA 30297June 7, 2018
Great place to work. I love the fact that there were always hours to work and also over time If I needed it. Very nice people and everyone worked together.
Productive, Fun, learning and challenging
International Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 3, 2018
Following up with suppliers; Following up on pass due material. Scheduling pick-ups and verifying deliveries. Researching out of the country deliveries. Building COOs and checking Documents.
Pros
Healthy work life
Cons
Always on Call depending on project needs.
Warehouse
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAMay 1, 2018
I liked that I got along quickly with my co-workers. Also, I liked that overtime was not mandatory. The staff was nice but I felt could do better in some areas. The shift is the same everyday so it's easy to plan out my week.
Pros
an hour lunch, good location
Cons
small parking space, few employees
the vacations
Dispatch Manager (Current Employee) –  Union City, CAApril 25, 2018
I have been with SEKO for over 18 years and I started out as a receptionist and graduated to a dispatched manager. I have not had a raise in over 5 years and I do not see any growth with this company. they are higher people with less experience and getting paid twice what I do and once they fail I have to come in and play clean up
Pros
free lunches @ the first of the month
Cons
unable to take lunches
Poorly Managed Operation
Global Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, New YorkApril 24, 2018
This is a poorly managed operation and it holds back the good people who are in the trenches from succeeding and being able to aid the operation is progressing further.
Break Room, Gym and free food
Contact carrier representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 14, 2018
Begin the day around 6:30 prepare inbound paperwork, check for incoming freight. Prepare STO outputs, commercial invoices and labels for incoming freight. Prepare cycle counts for employees. Contact Northrop Grumman for shipments. Create shipments using WMS/Harmony. Create Picks, Packs and have freight inspected by team to make sure freight matches certificates of conformance on both inbound and outbound freight.
Pros
No set time
Cons
Extended breaks
Lack of clear management
International Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIMarch 26, 2018
On a local level, the company lacks clear a vision resulting in unclear job security. Management also untrustworthy. Would not follow through with promises made.
It was a wonderful location and job for me to learn as much as I learned for working there for 10 yrs
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILFebruary 23, 2018
I would come in turn on computer. Log into email and start working right away started as switch board answering calls and transferring and then I moved to SEKOM which was more Customer Service tracking and tracking and dealing with agents. I also was trained for pick ups and dispatching. Then I worked in Domestic Support with entering and updating tariffs. Moved down to IT because Domestic Support was more like IT and fixed mistakes and things that were not working in the system
Ok
Operations (Former Employee) –  FLORIDAFebruary 12, 2018
Ok company, depends on the actual franchise owner you work for if you work at a station and not the corporate office.

Corporate office will spend the money to train their international staff. Require a class in ocean in order to be able to ship ocean, require a class in aes in order to be able to file with customs.
Some great people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILJanuary 17, 2018
SEKO has/had some great people working for both corporate and at the station levels. Corporate just could not control the stations well enough to take to the next level. Equity event changed the dynamics of the organization.
Recent additions at the senior level management are viewed as a very positive move for the organization.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Lack of communication
Sales VPs were difficult to work with.
Domestic Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAJanuary 11, 2018
I had a professional difference of opinion with the Sales VP and she used her position to have me fired. She was very unprofessional and required everyone follow her orders. I was told to misinform customers regarding orders status and if they questioned the information the VP told me she would deal with them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SEKO Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.