Seldin Company Employee Reviews

bad
Grounds Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 18, 2018
New management was not professional. No teamwork.
Long hours and travel which was to be reimbursed, but was not. Necessary tools to perform duties not always available.
Pros
independant
Cons
bad management
Seldin
Community Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 28, 2018
Great company but Management needs improvement, I like Seldin its just that the Regional is not help full and training is not the best. If they could improve that would be great
This place sucks
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 17, 2018
When life challenging events happen to you, they do not understand what so ever. When there is no opportunity for advancement in this company and all the employees intentionally try to sabotage your job you definitely don't want to work some place like that!
Productive and fun work environemnt
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 1, 2018
Typical day consists of checking emails, responding to customer reviews, and working on daily tickets.
Quality management.
Learned Adobe programs.
Positive and friendly work culture.
Some tickets were incredibly time consuming/time sensitive.
Coworkers were all friendly and the work was not exceedingly difficult.
Very poor management at regional level
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Storm Lake, IAApril 4, 2018
Worst job experience of my life. Hired on as part time maintenance with no on calls required. One week after starting they fire the manager and start sending trouble calls to me. Knowing I have other jobs and prior obligations and expected am to just take care of issues the manager would normally take care of. that happened on a Friday. Then the following Monday the regional manager decides not to show up at this location. Leaving anew hire maintenance tech, only one week in to the job, to handle occupants. This is complete lack of management at the local level. I feel so bad for the renters at this facility. They also wanted change agreements we made prior to being hired as if they just expected I would take care of everything for them without being compensated for it.
Pros
So far I can see no pros
Cons
Poor management
Great company!
Community Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, IAMarch 9, 2018
I greatly enjoyed the experience working for Seldin. It was a good experience and they offered all the tools I needed to succeed.They provided excellent training and growth opportunities.
Seldin Company
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAFebruary 9, 2018
My experience with Seldin Company was fine, with the exception of upper management and at the time of my employment, a manager who was seriously lacking experience as a manager. The coworkers I had were great, and we all got along well, and performed the duties we were each tasked with as quickly, and effectively as we could.
Pros
Occasional Free lunch, Small events planned with coworkers, great people.
Cons
Poor management, Looks for cheapest and easiest fixes instead of quality repairs.
Great place to work!
Area Training/Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 8, 2018
I learned so much from Seldin in regards to Property Management. They gave me a lot of support and training. I enjoyed the people there and have much respect for all that they do.
Property Management
Community Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Burkburnett, TXJanuary 3, 2018
This is the first time that I have had a career in Residential Living. I absolutely love it!! I enjoy being able to assist families in finding a nice place to call home. I have taught myself the Tax Credit Rules and Regulations for Texas (still learning) and it has been a challenge, however I have learned so much and I always look forward to self educating. The most trying part of this position for me would have to be working in the office alone and having the amount of paperwork needed to complete my job adequately. As well as not having the tools needed to make sure my job is done correctly. I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my work. My day would include processing rent payments, leasing to applicants, screening prospects, managing maintenance employees, providing monthly events for my residents, as well as giving the best customer service as I possibly can. I have been able to implement some communication barriers within my property to help bridge the gap between property manager and residents which I can personally say it has been awesome and very rewarding. I look forward to learning more and doing more for the next community I move to.
Pros
Living on-site
Cons
Pay
I liked alot of the people i worked with
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Webster City, IADecember 11, 2017
it was an ok place to work, I wish I had a bettr property to manage and that the owners would of done the work on the property like they said they would.
Pros
alot of nice people
Cons
alot of bad people
Stressful working environment, but some great people along the way.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 6, 2017
Started out with a great manager, but after a 1 1/2 years, new managers came and went and I had to assume more responsibilities with no pay increase or chances of promotion. Met a handful of great people to work with, but not many.
Pros
Nice remodeled office to work.
Cons
Unappreciative supervisors. More concerned with themselves.
easy place to work, poor management. fun job
Community business manager (Former Employee) –  Liberal, KSNovember 15, 2017
Running the apartment complex was an exciting job i loved. When Seldin took over that changed. No one communicates and it just made working a hassle. Most of the tools needed would have to come out of pocket, they do not stay up on accounts and they were always being closed.
Pros
good benefits, good pay
Cons
no communication, if you are not around corporate you do not matter.
Working hard doesn't pay off for this company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  IAOctober 24, 2017
They'll work you to death, if you allow them to. Had 10 regional supervisors in 4.5 years. Sad when two years you're with the company is considered long-term.
Pros
Great residents
Cons
Too many hours, poor management, constant turnover
my work experiances
Lead Service Technician (Former Employee) –  frances street omaha neOctober 2, 2017
Supervised 4 employees ,completed maintenance on 376 apartments. the work place had many difficult situations .Worked with many different sub-contractors
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
not enough employees
Not much communication
Apartment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Blair, NEJune 20, 2017
The communication between the manager and corporate is not very good. The manager says one thing and corporate says another. The items you need to do your job are rejected by corporate, etc.
Pros
easy work environment
Cons
no benefits
Great Place to Work
Regional Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  IndianaJune 15, 2017
Company provides many opportunities for both personal and professional growth in the property management field. Many great people to work with. Great place to work.
Pros
promotes from within and provides excellent training and learining opportunities
Cons
prefer not to say
Fire at will is their policy
Regional (Former Employee) –  Outside of OmahaJune 9, 2017
It's like a high school for 40-year-olds if you do not fit in with the click you will not last you're expected to work 50 hours or more a week at least you're never appreciated for your efforts it all matters on who you know and if they like you you can work hard and the best and be the best at your job never have a write up never do anything wrong and you will still get fired if they just don't like you.
Pros
Some benefits are good other are too pricey
Cons
It's not worth the daily stress you never know if you're going to have a job the next day
Negative Feedback was Right. ! ! !
Maintenance tech (Former Employee) –  iowaMay 5, 2017
This so called managing company is as dysfunctional and dishonest as they come ! They lure you in by talking seldin team spirit and how they help their employees succeed. And that's where it ends. The regional managers , who would be over a tech ,are really about covering their backsides by blaming service techs for their failures in experience as some feedback has stated. You would be well advised to adhere to other negative feedback about this company as it is all True ! And not just some disgruntled past employees. They will disrespect you, talk down to you and in general humiliate you when they feel like it and nobody cares ! You will and should be constantly looking over your shoulder as they are ruthless in their environment and the regional managers are like gods and are law, no matter how they lie to corporate office regionals over them. So Beware as you have been Warned !
Pros
Pay and benefits. This is the honey trap
Cons
Everything else ! !
Company is thriving and has great leader
Property Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 25, 2017
Company was a great one to work for. They had many managers that were well trained and were willing to train their employees. It was a very fast paced environment.
Fun place to work. Enjoyed the residents and co workers that worked at the complex
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAMarch 20, 2017
Very good company to work for. People at apts. Very nice, got along well with them ,enjoyed the hrs and meeting new people.lots of potential to grow.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Personal