Select Energy Services Employee Reviews

Good Company To Work For
Gate Guard (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COSeptember 6, 2018
I enjoyed working for Select Energy Services. Management treating you well, but at times tend to lose connection with them. Good work conditions - I wouldn't complain. A lot of good people to work with and friendly relationships. Long hours though, but it is oilfield - should expect it before you start. Overall, good place to work at.
Pros
Good salary, good management
Cons
Lack of communication
It was a comfortable place to work
PO PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJanuary 16, 2019
I enjoyed the people I worked with it was kind of confusing because you never new who your manager was. There was alot of restructuring with
The company as it was new
Pros
People were easy to work with and good benefits
Cons
Management was confusing
Terrible place
Operator/Field Tech/Frac (Former Employee) –  Frierson, LAFebruary 7, 2019
Never work there poor management, no raises,no promotions,terrible place,terrible system they have there they use you up,you will never achieve nothing there
Fun work place
Production Operator I (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 5, 2018
Good place to work, good team work ,life and work balance, good benefits .It was a cool place to work and I can work there again given an opportunity to.
Pros
Life and work balance
Cons
Compensation not that much
an alright place to work but everybody be in each other business
Water Transfer Operator (Former Employee) –  Frierson, LASeptember 10, 2018
Cool place to work but lack of help at times everyone for themselves.you don't get raises only to the ones they know personally to much favortism.but other then that its aight.
Needs work.
Well Tester (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 6, 2018
Management along with salary are the biggest problems with this company. Although it is a good opportunity to advance yourself mentally and physically for another company that is willing to invest in their specialists. Co-workers are a big issue also along with the amount of problems between hands.
Pros
Housing paid, gas paid, breaks when needed, guaranteed hours
Cons
Pay, Managment, cost of living at set locations
oilfield
Welder Helper (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 25, 2018
i had worked for a company called Penn-Rob select bout them out which was good the other company worked you to death on straight time w no benifits.Overall i think selevtive was better than penn rob.
Good hours good pay possibilities of advancement
Operator (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NM 88220August 10, 2018
Good place to work for starting pay is decent benefits come within 90 days very good hours possibilities of advancement depending on experience hard work at times
I like working for select energy.
Water Transfer (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 17, 2018
I like working for select energy, But I don’t see any career advancements in this company for woman and a woman welder. We also, told no Raises are coming our way.
Pros
I make decent money.
Cons
The health benefits.
Solid Company with stable foundation and culture
HSSE Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 11, 2018
Positive workplace and quality employees at the mid level and up. Great benefits for the service side and a continual drive for growth and diversification.
Advancement and seniority are a big problem
Laborer/Operator (Current Employee) –  Eighty Four, PADecember 15, 2018
People with 6 months experience are getting promoted over somebody that has years experience because of who they know that works behind a desk. So unless u know somebody or blow somebody, good luck getting a promotion
Pros
If u know a supervisor or manager u tend to get promoted fast and don’t even have to have experience
Cons
Management/supers, cry babies
The management was very unfair
Water Transfer Operator (Former Employee) –  Douglas, WYOctober 22, 2018
While on my way back to my job in Wyoming, I was involved in a car accident so I notfiyed my manager and told him what happened and he told me that I was fired for job abandonment when I didnt abandon my job I worked harder than anyone up there and tried make a living for my family just to get fired for a lie. Also they had there favorites if you didn't suck up to them like some of the others I worked with you werr out of luck. I enjoyed my job until select came and did what they did. Before when it was Rockwater we all got along and worked as a team but select came it went down hill from there.
Pros
The open spaces and the work.
Cons
Very biased towards certain people
My experience was horrible. I contacted HR multiple times with no resolve. I finally left without another job. I decided it was better to be broke th
Foreman / Safety Compliance (Former Employee) –  Carthage, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Never work for select energy. The company doesn’t care about employees. They sweep major infractions by management under the rug. I refused to be cursed at daily. I will not work back to back 40+ hour shifts without a few days off. I have worked 36 hours at a stretch while cold (<40 degrees F) and wet. Then was not allowed to go home and rest, shower or change.
Most white and grey hats are lazy and put all the work on green hats and talk down/insult them while they sit around.
Opperator (Former Employee) –  Eighty Four, PADecember 18, 2018
The management talks about wanting team players working for them, but most of the people working there including management don’t care about green hats and some grey hats. If you’re hurt, unless you’re basically dying they won’t really do or say anything. If you’re threatened at work by an employee they will say there will be actions taken but there won’t be.
Pros
Company trucks at the yard
Cons
Lazyness neglect ignorance
Poorly Managed
Operator/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Eighty Four, PADecember 15, 2018
Seniority doesn’t matter to management, the harder you work the more you get taken advantage of, have been here awhile and have seen guys I’ve trained get promoted to crew lead, you get walked on, and they act like they care about you, when in all reality all they care about are themselves.
Pros
If you know someone in management you will get promoted quickly no matter knowledge, or experience
Cons
Poor Management/Cry Babies/You get taken advantage of if you’re experienced
Productive Workplace with Poor Communication to Employees
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, OHJanuary 21, 2018
Since working at Select Energy Services the company has changed from Crescent to Rockwater to Select. There has been a lot of changes & communication has been terrible. If you get with a group of people who care you're going to be alright, however, if you don't your going to need to prepare yourself for a lot of stress & headaches. It seems upper management is trying to get things done & want to be productive, however, lower management seems to not be interested in the same.
Pros
Work, Benefits, Overtime
Cons
Communication, Disorganization, Safety
Great Company
Supervisor for Roustabout Crews (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 14, 2018
Great company, great management, competitive pay, awesome benefits, work environment was good, treated employees with appreciation and respect. Great Place to work.
hectic, heavy workload
Not given (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, TXOctober 27, 2018
A typical day is hectic, fast paced. Not enough hours a day to get job done. Most work is done outside the normal hours of 8-5
Need more staff.
Love the company, but morale is down. Workloads are high
Pros
good pay for a small town
Cons
expected to work long hours, workload increases, staff does not
It’s a job to pay
Field tech (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXDecember 26, 2018
Worked there for a short period of time. Will work there again if the pay was better for the amount of hours you put in. Management was switched out frequently they couldn’t keep good crew leaders.
its a good starter job
Well Tester and Flowback Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COFebruary 11, 2019
It a ok place to work but the pay rate is low. The only benefit is the extra hours which can be cut at any time. and depends on the company were working for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Select Energy Services. Our community is ready to answer.