Select Express & Logistics Employee Reviews

Cheap/Discount provider of Logistics Services
WEST COAST MARKET MANAGER (Current Employee) –  California, Nevada, ArizonaAugust 12, 2019
This is a horrible company to work for in the challenging field of Logistics. They change their definition and metrics of your job to fit their needs for that day, never looking to the future or understanding the consequences of their short term decisions. Abusing their Independent Contractors is a regular and consistent philosophy. Grind and replace, manipulate and (illegally) control them to the benefit of the bottom line.
Not enough work to maintain a steady income
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 8, 2019
Great Job , sometimes deliver fitness equipment and outdoor leisure products to customers homes and assemble. This Job takes patience to schedule work orders and confirme with dispatch and customer. There are days when I am assigned more work orders so I arranged them in order by zip codes to be completed
Decent job.
Driver Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 25, 2019
This was not the best place I worked for but it was decent. If you can handle being harassed by the dispatchers telling you to drive like a maniac just so you can finish your route AND help another driver, this is the job for you. Management never knows what they’re doing nor will they remember anything you tell them. Good hrs but a very unorganized company (Amazon in general also).
terrible
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  floridaJuly 23, 2019
this place is a joke. don't get caught up in there bs their florida regional manager is a joke. they deduct money from your settlement without notice.
Pros
leaving
Cons
everything you will see if they suck you in
Horrible
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJuly 15, 2019
Horrible Managers Horrible to work for, God bless who ever works for them. Managers are terrible and the dispatch manager is disrespectful arrogant, condescending and ugly!
Terrible experience
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 6, 2019
I was expected to be available from 5am until 11pm 7 days a week. Time off was unavailable. Upper management was unavailable on non-business hours. Requests for assistance went unanswered.
Unreasonable expectations and no assistance.
Pros
Cons
no down time, unreasonable expectations, no support, combative nature with support team
A typical day at work
Driver Associate (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJApril 8, 2019
I really enjoy the job for the most part. I just feel like the pay and benefits package could be a bit better due to the fact of how many hours we're on the road driving and the fact that sometimes we deliver in unsafe neighborhoods.
Pros
Driving meeting new people.
Cons
Delivering in unsafe neighborhoods.
Great Carrer Expirience!
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 5, 2019
Great culture, great management, very team oriented. I will recommended to anyone seeking for great company.

You will have the opportunity to learn different aspects of Logistics and will acquire new skills that will help you to achieve something greater than yourself.
Pros
Carrer Advanced Opportunities, Upper Managment Are Always Scouting New Talent
Cons
Work Life-balance is poorly due to customers expectations.
fast and interactive workplace inviroment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 1, 2019
Working for Select i notice that is very fast past and also very interactive as you will always meet new companies and people while we were out for delivery
work place and culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2019
management and employees are a welcoming group, work was easy to catch and working environment comfortable. Busy but easy going. Hardest part of the job is getting use to working the evening shift
Pros
starting pay
Cons
late work hours
Unprofessional management
Bike Messenger (Former Employee) –  55 west 39March 3, 2019
Unprofessional management
Disrespectful dispatchers
Sloppy routing
No holiday bonuses
The pay sucks
No work is ready for pick ups

They will fire you over petty things.
Pros
You can start where you are at.
Cons
Nothing is professional
You get to learn about fitness equipment
Fitness equipment assembler (Current Employee) –  Work in local area. HQ is located in New York, NYFebruary 28, 2019
Assembling of fitness equipment is interesting and motiving work. you work on your own and the faster you work the more beneficial it is since you get paid by job. Once assigned work is completed you are done for the day unless other jobs are available to you.
Pros
self reliability, meet people, customer interaction, get to know places, you can make good profit when work is available.
Cons
lack of consistency work, use your own vehicle, use of your own tools
Its a job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJFebruary 22, 2019
Its a job. Gotta pay your bills then work here. Looking for great pay and advancement go somewhere else! Job was easy but pay is low especially with the cost of living in New Jersey.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Egh
Select Express
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJanuary 23, 2019
Management was always there for you, if you needed something.
A typical day at work would be loading your van in the morning with the hundreds of packages that you were going to deliver that day.
The normal work day would be from 10 to 12 hours.
This place is just a step onto the next job
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJDecember 19, 2018
Extremely unprofessional, stressful environment. Can also be hostile at times. If you end up here. Get out quick and find something better. Management will talk down to you. Training is poor, they will throw you in and expect you to know everything by week 1. Nepitism. They can replace you quickly. Place is a revolving door. Lots of favoritism. Day consists of being screamed at by management, customers & coworkers.
Pros
Benefits and hours
Cons
One 30 min break no matter how long you work, no 15 min break unless you smoke, constant stress, angrycustomers, no resolutions, treated very poorly
Mehh
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJDecember 5, 2018
it's okay if your young and just starting. nothing to make a career of. it is a call center, the cubicles are tiny and everyone is always stressed. no formal training they just let you wing it.
Pros
none really
Cons
also none really. its a job
It was ok working here
Dispatch Support/ Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 10, 2018
It was ok working at select express. The people are pretty good workers. Every job has their ups and downs. This one did as well. I had to move on due to relocating.
Fast Paced and Great Learning Experience
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJSeptember 13, 2018
I have learned so much about the logistics industry while working here. Select has a Training and Development Manager that spends his full time making sure everyone is aware of the procedures and SOP's. My time here working with our providers all over the country has been a great experience so far.
Pros
Train Station less than 1 mile away; Always busy, so lots of OT available
Cons
Work late shift for longer than I wanted to
Friendly Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  60 metro wayJuly 6, 2018
I love this place, They offered me training with a training instructor and then they had me sit with customer service agents and shadow for about a week. After the week was up, I started taking calls on my own. The manager has been pretty flexible and helpful( I recommended asking questions in the beginning). I also like the fact that an ice cream truck visits the location in the summer. Overall I have been learning a lot about logistics, I'm hoping to one day get promoted to a dispatcher.

The other thing I like about select express is the overtime. if your looking to work extra hours and its available, they will give it to you
Pros
OT OT OT extra money
Cons
Location (distance from the bus stop in Secaucus Rd)
Never Have enough Routes
Driver (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMarch 19, 2018
When I was hired I was told I would always have work.When I showed up for two weeks straight I Got two days of Work.One For a Ride along Training one solo driving a week Later .You Show up and they have 21 routes and you look around and there 28 drivers .Guess what you and the other 6 drivers are on standby.Meaning you drove all the way here but will not work that day You can help the other drivers load and get 2 hours of pay then they send you back home.No Benefits at all and the Managers are running around like chickens without heads lol.Oh and when you do work its at least 150 to 170 stops a day for 14 to 15$ Ups ..Fed Ex Pace With Messenger pay..
Cons
On Standby, No benefits, Management lost