Select Medical Employee Reviews

Productive work place
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 9, 2018
Opportunity to learn many things. At the current clinic I work we enjoy working as a team. My manager is always understanding and and genuinely cares.
Pros
clinic staff is great
Cons
corporate can use a little more help with their communication
Became a competitive, untrustworthy enviroment
CASH Application Representative (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAOctober 6, 2018
When I started working at Select it was a comfortable, work oriented environment, as the years went on and managers and supervisors came and went it became more of a competitive untrustworthy environment where people were expected to compete with each other and would backstab and force others to clean up their mess so they could advance. It became more important to suck up to the management team rather than be good at your job. They cared more about pinning us against each other than about getting the job done. And because of that the goals became harder and harder to achieve and our overall view as a company became tarnished.
A Great Experience!
Director of Quality Management (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 3, 2018
I have been with Select Medical and Ochsner Health Systems for a year and I absolutely love it. Select medical partners with and manages the best Inpatient Rehabs in the country. Kessler, Baylor, Cleveland Clinic, etc. This high level of expertise is apparent in everything the company does. Having worked for other therapy management companies before, I can say Select is by far the best.
Pros
Dynamic and exciting
Cons
cool environment but horrible choices for management
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 3, 2018
The way management handled situations were not very ethical...they let good quality managers go without any real reason due to other pharmacists making up stories on them and hired them to replace them...it was actually very eye opening about how things can be done to people wrongfully and noone speaks up on it
Pros
work alone alot, most weekends off
Cons
management was awful
Great atmosphere
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAOctober 1, 2018
Found an employer who took a chance on me with no experience with workers compensation. Atmosphere was fun and they really look out to motivating their employees through games and financial incentives
Busy place but employees wk. toghether
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 28, 2018
I enjoy my fellow employees, most of the time short staffed, I enjoy taking care of these chronically ill pts., all thoug( it gets stressful at times it can also be rewarding,
Pros
High pay scale
Cons
Short staffed
Patient Account Rep
Patient Account Rep (Former Employee) –  mechaniscburg, paSeptember 23, 2018
this is the worst employment I ever work for. the only goo thing is the benefits. the pay is horrible and not enough. Stay have to live pay to pay. the manager staff is the worst. they can not keep employees in this company.
benefits
Cons
managment and pay
Physical Therapist
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 21, 2018
Once Select took over Healthsouth, they pushed out the most expensive employees. What I learned is to not advance in age. Clinician culture was excellent. New management was cut throat. Hardest part of the job was being treated as outdated.
Pros
Excellent PT clinicians
Cons
Cut throat management
non-bias environment
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJSeptember 17, 2018
I will say that this company was one of the best companies I ever worked for. I never felt discriminated agaist and everyone worked as a team, and there aws respect for each other.
Pros
diverse non-bias environment
A large growing company
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PASeptember 15, 2018
Select Medical is a large growing company that is acquiring a lot of out patient facilities recently and is growing at a very fast pace and is in need of individuals who can handle fast paced work.
Poor management, unsafe work conditions, everyone stressed
PT (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 13, 2018
Select in my area demonstrated poor management with everyone stressed and most unhappy. Meetings were full of disparaging talk and discussion of inadequacy. The people required to work in aquatics were placed in an unsafe environment with no response from management with concerns
Pros
Big company, decent benefits
Cons
See below
Use to be good
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  MISeptember 11, 2018
It's a typical medical office work day, patient intake, answer phones, schedule patients, take copays, verify insurance, and get authorizations, faxing, inputting paperwork and preparing patient charts.

I learned a lot about insurances

Upper management leaves a lot to be desired. There is favoritism and it shows. Most Center Managers if you get in the right clinic can be amazing and if you stay within your clinic and don't "gossip". Upper management needs to pay more attention to the details of the centers and what really happens and goes on. (Again favoritism). Too many changes and not for the good have changed the way the company use to be. It used to be that everyone was there for each other. Since the changes it is very cut throat and a lot of back stabbing not being able to trust a lot of people. A lack of communication is another big down fall. Upper management communicates about your center with other centers and not yours and then you have no idea what is happening.

Also there is a lack of training for new hires. They don't train you properly and you are just "thrown in". There is no room for advancement either.

Not to mention the low pay scale. You can't live on what they pay and you don't get raises or bonuses.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the patients! It is rewarding to see them improve. If you get in with a good clinic and a good center manager the job can be extremely stratifying and rewarding if you don't mind the low pay rate and no raises.
Pros
If you get in with the right CM and staff can be fun and great, they do offer insurance not the best but, offered
Cons
Upper management needs revamping, and the back stabbing favoritism needs to stop. Pay is low and no room for advancement
Willing to work with me
Telemetry Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 6, 2018
After being hired by Select for a full time position, I was offered a full time position at my PRN job. The full time job was closer to home and paid better. I was still in orientation when this occurred so they could have easily told me they didn't have a job for me. Instead, they allowed me to finish orientation and stay there PRN. There was no anger towards me only understanding of why I had to do what I did.
Pros
Good benefits, 12 hour shifts, good management
Cons
Very busy, sometimes expected to perform multiple job duties
Poor Management
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 1, 2018
High acuity level and poor management. Fast paced. Vents and tracks, PEGS, and big wounds. Chronically ill patients. Most on dialysis. Never enough CNA’s. Constantly pulling meds from a med machine and nothing stocked.
Pros
Hard working nurses and therapy department.
Cons
Disorganized
CNAs hanging out in the breakroom not taking care of their patients staff hiding in rooms
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Powell TnAugust 27, 2018
I'm no longer at this facility because of management. I was a good worker there took care of my patients was there almost 2 years barely missed any work. They made me resign cuz they said I wasn't wearing my PPE that means they're saying I wasn't wearing my gown or gloves. which that wasn't true they were going by what other people was saying. if you're a CNA you already know if an emergency happens you're not going to have time to put your gloves and gown on. I enjoyed working here the time that I was here.
Pros
The money was good here
Cons
Staff hanging out in the breakroom not taking care of their patients hiding in rooms
Horrible
Health Information/Credentialing Tech (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVAugust 27, 2018
This was a fast paced environment. I was expected to do two peoples jobs for one pay and I did this successfully for 15 weeks.. I left Select due to insensibility, rudeness, lack of professionalism. Their management overs works the staff.
Pros
Friendly employees not management
Cons
Short staff, Low Pay with high expectations, horrible management
Select Medical is jeopardizing the TriHealth name
Leadership Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 24, 2018
1. Making money is a priority over PATIENT CARE & staff satisfaction.
2. Shady management from corporate.
3. Poor staff retention due to low pay & high nurse to patient ratio.
4. Management punitive toward staff without getting all of the details. Decisions are made on “assumptions”.
5. Aides are not required to be certified.
6. Requiring staff to practice “outside of their own scope of practice”.
7. Questionable integrity of management.
8. Frequent tardiness & absenteeism tolerated, especially under the DBD. He does not hold his staff accountable.
9. Poor training for new hires.
Pros
Free tea & coffee
Cons
High patient to staff ratio.
Medical environment
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 24, 2018
The typical day at work is fast pace with patients coming and going, phones ringing for scheduling, and medical records. Managing patients therapist and doctors.
Great place to gain office experience
Claims Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAAugust 24, 2018
This is a good starting place if you are new to the office world. It is extremely easy to move around in this company. Gain as much experience as possible and then move on because the pay is terrible.They do have great benefits though. Paid time off accrues at a rate of 11 hours per month to start but I'm up to almost 15 hours a month!
Pros
Paid time off, quarterly bonuses, ability to move around different departments
Cons
Pay
Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAAugust 22, 2018
Select Medical is a great place to work. They are continuously growing and there is room for advancement.
With the size of the company, the CIO knows you by name. Your not just a number.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Select Medical. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight