Select Medical Employee Reviews

Sm
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 26, 2018
Good first job. Learned lots and a company that is looking to help individuals. It's been awhile since I have worked at Select Medical so not sure of current work environment.
intense, fast paced, lots of teamwork
RN staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 6, 2018
A typical workday is very intense and fast paced, however the unit is primarily staffed with RNs who work together to help with the demanding nature of the type of work needed. Management is very hands on, involved and accessible. Caring for patients can be very demanding and overwhelming at times, however one may feel happy with patient progression that is noted during their stay at the hospital.
Pros
12 hour shifts, easier continuity of care
Cons
heavy, demanding workload
The "Select Medical Way"
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 2, 2018
At the Select that I work at the rules are bent... If a company makes rules...everyone should have to follow them...no exceptions. I have watched people play
on their cell-phones all night...ordering carryout the minute they walk into work...letting patients lie in feces and urine...even though I have asked them for help
Pros
pay
Cons
sacrificing your intergity
Not Impressed
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAJune 26, 2018
Every new recruit has to go through a training session - not difficult and very informative. Felt welcomed and learned a lot in the training session. Once you are assigned to a manager, the entire experience changes. You are placed in a cube with a computer and phone. You are not allowed to talk to or ask help from anyone near you and are on strict timed breaks. Every manager seriously micro-manages and can be down right rude - reprimanding you and even berating at times if you make mistakes and If you are out of your seat longer than the allowed breaks, you are told about it. Co-workers were very nice and made lasting friendships but that's the highlight. Would not recommend working here.
Pros
Co-Workers, Benefits
Workplace
Rehab Technician (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJune 14, 2018
I am Rehab tech and caring for patients. Our team works together to provide the best possible care for patients.I love my job.My co-worker was great,
Pros
Co-worker
Cons
teamwork makes the dream work!
COTA/L PRN (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLJune 4, 2018
This hospital staff is amazing and very helpful to each other and their patients. We all strive for top quality patient care so it's nice working with like-minded people who care.
Pros
cafe is great
Cons
on the 11th floor and sometimes the elevators take awhile
18 years of employment
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJune 2, 2018
Worked there for 18 years. Great place to work. The management team did not like the tenure staff. New managementioned brought in from outside. Need a degree now to be in mgnt.
Great
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 1, 2018
just an overall awesome company. the work environment is very up beat and friendly. you can tell they just want patients to get better. understanding of care and making sure everyone is heard without judgement.
Pros
all great
Cons
minimum training
Productive workplace that was truly enjoyable to work at because of the people.
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 13, 2018
The Rehab team at Helen M. Simpson rehab was truly enjoyable to work at. The cohesion as a team created such a positive and uplifting environment for rehabilitation for our patients, as well as fostering a wonderful work environment. While the position I am currently is a stepping stone in my career goals, but I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with the HMS team.
Pros
Birthday lunches, and employee recognition
Cons
Health care related headaches
Enjoyable job
Cash Application Rep level 2 (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 13, 2018
I have moved upwards in tne company and love my job. It is satisfying to have a job that you can see what you accomplished and take pride in doing it correctly.
Pros
Always learning
Cons
Cant work from home
Great experienced Nurses and staff
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Powell, TNMay 8, 2018
Very demanding but great experienced staff. Was a pleasure although it is a tough demanding place to work. Extensive wound care and tele and a high ops area. Good benefits.
Great staff, location and good benefits
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 2, 2018
Materials Manger. We had a great staff and management. The TEAM ENVIRONMENT was the best of anywhere I have worked and the Corporate team was amazing. Was very unfortunate that this location was closed.
Pros
Great staff
P.S.S. Basically a manager
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 25, 2018
For all that is required as a Patient Service Specialist the pay is terrible. Benefits are not bad but insurace is pricey if you have dependents. You are a multi-billiondollar company, why not pay your most hard working employees a good wage? And we don't even get bonuses yet our managers get bonuses if the clinic is doing well, scheduling properly, if the P.S.S. get certain things from patients. There also aren't any clear, written procedures for how things should be done. If i have a question on something I have to email and hope I get a response. Not much room for advancement as you have to tell you manager if you're applying for a different position first which makes an awkward situation.
Pros
Hour lunch, tuesday and friday off early.
Cons
Insurance benefits, pay, management structure, lack of staffing coverage, lack of clear procedures.
was great then new management happened
Rehab tech (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 21, 2018
Baylor is a great place to work .. Select medical serbices was great it's the management that needd an overhaul .. I loved my co wirjer, my patients and the hours and pay is unbelievable. But the new management is questionable .
Pros
Loving fun teamwork great pay great benefits
Cons
management sucks
Lots of demanding work with poor management
PAR (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 11, 2018
Pittsburgh's central billing office has a lot of nice employees that work hard but management puts too many demanding deadlines and threats on them resulting in a high turnover. You must punch in and out for your 10 minute breaks. Just managements ways of trying to demean the employees. Just like rating you by stats and posting them for all other department to see, among other juvenile tactics. Meanwhile, if you need a question answered, the unqualified management team can't help. But if you try to ask a coworker, you will get written up for talking. This is just not a place for adults to work. There is no respect for the people who actually do the work.
Pros
Zero
typical day at work
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bethany, OK 73008April 9, 2018
typical day at work first thing work reports, took me around 30 min, call patient to schedule them, work with ins, data entry, ins verification, workers comp, answer phone calls(high high volume)
A company that is only for money
Corporate Cash Application Representative (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAApril 1, 2018
A multi billion dollar company that operates world wide but pays like a mom & pop shop. Can't smoke on property leaving you standing in the rain if not prepared. It feels like it's not truly about their patients but about money.
Pros
Flex schedule
Cons
Horrible Pay!
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 22, 2018
I think Select Medical is Wonderful and a great place to work for and has many opportunities for employees that are living in the area raising a family and helping the community
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Productive and fun workplace with great leadership
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAMarch 19, 2018
Select Medical and my supervisor have welcomed me with open arms. Work schedule is positive and open for days off when needed and management is quality a++. The culture is dependent upon the morale of the patients and their openness to cooperate which is the hardest part about the job. The culture within the department is great and very friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact and develop relationships with various coworkers possessing similar outlooks and futures.
Pros
nice shift hours
Cons
lack of days per week
staffing
Chief Nursing Officer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMarch 18, 2018
short staffed

call off issues

Quality person lacks experience

do provide many services to the patients

great work for the patients

Staff is experienced from

Seen great things for the patients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Select Medical. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight