Select Medical Employee Reviews

Great place!
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 7, 2018
I enjoy working for Select PT. The people working for this company are really great. Management is very supportive and always there if you need them. The physical therapists are very good! Nothing but fabulous things to say!
Pros
Great people, freedom, great management
PRN Speech Language Pathologist
PRN Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Hudson, FLDecember 7, 2018
Enjoy working with Select Medical Rehab very much. Being a PRN employee, the hours are not consistent enough. I think the company has good ethics and education opportunities.
Pros
Integrity
Cons
Not enough hours for a PRN employee
Money Hungry Company
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PADecember 6, 2018
All they care about is their numbers and what money is brought in the door. They have no care for their employees. They are not fair, they show a lot of favoritism to some of their employees. Management sucks, they only do things to cover their own buts. They treat their employees unfairly and hold termination over some employees heads until they quit. DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!
Pros
30 min Lunch
Cons
Over worked, low pay, health beneifts are expensive, management stinks
Can be a Great Place to Work for if Your Manager is a Great Person to Get Along with
Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PANovember 1, 2018
The company can be great to work for, depending on your manager. When you find out shortly after starting that your manager didn't really want to hire you because of where you got your bachelor's degree, you should take that as a sign things are not going to bode well in the long run, cut your losses, and get out while the getting out is good. I was fortunate that the separation was amicable and not negative.
fast pace enviroment, lots of traveling
Senior Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJOctober 29, 2018
enjoyed working with a great team, learned and got educated working with peers, most of the team resided in another state so you were on your own most of the time. some managers were not too appreciative or giving you credit for the amount of work you have performed. New managers trying to make it more difficult by applying more pressure and forcing you to work alone without any assistance from those who are more skillful and knowledgeable to help, most of the time managers will find a way to find defaults within you instead of showing more appreciation and credit. I enjoyed working there because I like helping patients , nurses, doctors since this is a medical facility I am very dedicated to my work and loyal to my company.
Pros
excellent company good atmosphere
Cons
lack of training
Tough times
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Erie, PA 16501October 25, 2018
Review is only about current location. Census issues create unsteady work hours. Rotation of both management and staff make it difficult for consistency although boots on the ground staff is the bedrock for this facility. Work agency hours although canceled often.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
Advancement non existent
Quick paced work enviroment
EVS Techinian, Porter, Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 13, 2018
Quick paced work environment where productivity is a must. the job culture is a very busy one but hard workers can fit right in and get along with other coworkers.
Productive work place
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 9, 2018
Opportunity to learn many things. At the current clinic I work we enjoy working as a team. My manager is always understanding and and genuinely cares.
Pros
clinic staff is great
Cons
corporate can use a little more help with their communication
Became a competitive, untrustworthy enviroment
CASH Application Representative (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAOctober 6, 2018
When I started working at Select it was a comfortable, work oriented environment, as the years went on and managers and supervisors came and went it became more of a competitive untrustworthy environment where people were expected to compete with each other and would backstab and force others to clean up their mess so they could advance. It became more important to suck up to the management team rather than be good at your job. They cared more about pinning us against each other than about getting the job done. And because of that the goals became harder and harder to achieve and our overall view as a company became tarnished.
A Great Experience!
Director of Quality Management (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 3, 2018
I have been with Select Medical and Ochsner Health Systems for a year and I absolutely love it. Select medical partners with and manages the best Inpatient Rehabs in the country. Kessler, Baylor, Cleveland Clinic, etc. This high level of expertise is apparent in everything the company does. Having worked for other therapy management companies before, I can say Select is by far the best.
Pros
Dynamic and exciting
Cons
cool environment but horrible choices for management
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 3, 2018
The way management handled situations were not very ethical...they let good quality managers go without any real reason due to other pharmacists making up stories on them and hired them to replace them...it was actually very eye opening about how things can be done to people wrongfully and noone speaks up on it
Pros
work alone alot, most weekends off
Cons
management was awful
Great atmosphere
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAOctober 1, 2018
Found an employer who took a chance on me with no experience with workers compensation. Atmosphere was fun and they really look out to motivating their employees through games and financial incentives
Busy place but employees wk. toghether
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 28, 2018
I enjoy my fellow employees, most of the time short staffed, I enjoy taking care of these chronically ill pts., all thoug( it gets stressful at times it can also be rewarding,
Pros
High pay scale
Cons
Short staffed
Patient Account Rep
Patient Account Rep (Former Employee) –  mechaniscburg, paSeptember 23, 2018
this is the worst employment I ever work for. the only goo thing is the benefits. the pay is horrible and not enough. Stay have to live pay to pay. the manager staff is the worst. they can not keep employees in this company.
benefits
Cons
managment and pay
Physical Therapist
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 21, 2018
Once Select took over Healthsouth, they pushed out the most expensive employees. What I learned is to not advance in age. Clinician culture was excellent. New management was cut throat. Hardest part of the job was being treated as outdated.
Pros
Excellent PT clinicians
Cons
Cut throat management
non-bias environment
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJSeptember 17, 2018
I will say that this company was one of the best companies I ever worked for. I never felt discriminated agaist and everyone worked as a team, and there aws respect for each other.
Pros
diverse non-bias environment
A large growing company
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PASeptember 15, 2018
Select Medical is a large growing company that is acquiring a lot of out patient facilities recently and is growing at a very fast pace and is in need of individuals who can handle fast paced work.
Poor management, unsafe work conditions, everyone stressed
PT (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 13, 2018
Select in my area demonstrated poor management with everyone stressed and most unhappy. Meetings were full of disparaging talk and discussion of inadequacy. The people required to work in aquatics were placed in an unsafe environment with no response from management with concerns
Pros
Big company, decent benefits
Cons
See below
Use to be good
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  MISeptember 11, 2018
It's a typical medical office work day, patient intake, answer phones, schedule patients, take copays, verify insurance, and get authorizations, faxing, inputting paperwork and preparing patient charts.

I learned a lot about insurances

Upper management leaves a lot to be desired. There is favoritism and it shows. Most Center Managers if you get in the right clinic can be amazing and if you stay within your clinic and don't "gossip". Upper management needs to pay more attention to the details of the centers and what really happens and goes on. (Again favoritism). Too many changes and not for the good have changed the way the company use to be. It used to be that everyone was there for each other. Since the changes it is very cut throat and a lot of back stabbing not being able to trust a lot of people. A lack of communication is another big down fall. Upper management communicates about your center with other centers and not yours and then you have no idea what is happening.

Also there is a lack of training for new hires. They don't train you properly and you are just "thrown in". There is no room for advancement either.

Not to mention the low pay scale. You can't live on what they pay and you don't get raises or bonuses.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the patients! It is rewarding to see them improve. If you get in with a good clinic and a good center manager the job can be extremely stratifying and rewarding if you don't mind the low pay rate and no raises.
Pros
If you get in with the right CM and staff can be fun and great, they do offer insurance not the best but, offered
Cons
Upper management needs revamping, and the back stabbing favoritism needs to stop. Pay is low and no room for advancement
Willing to work with me
Telemetry Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 6, 2018
After being hired by Select for a full time position, I was offered a full time position at my PRN job. The full time job was closer to home and paid better. I was still in orientation when this occurred so they could have easily told me they didn't have a job for me. Instead, they allowed me to finish orientation and stay there PRN. There was no anger towards me only understanding of why I had to do what I did.
Pros
Good benefits, 12 hour shifts, good management
Cons
Very busy, sometimes expected to perform multiple job duties

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Select Medical. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight