Select Medical Employee Reviews

Enjoyable job
Cash Application Rep level 2 (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 13, 2018
I have moved upwards in tne company and love my job. It is satisfying to have a job that you can see what you accomplished and take pride in doing it correctly.
Pros
Always learning
Cons
Cant work from home
Great experienced Nurses and staff
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Powell, TNMay 8, 2018
Very demanding but great experienced staff. Was a pleasure although it is a tough demanding place to work. Extensive wound care and tele and a high ops area. Good benefits.
Great staff, location and good benefits
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 2, 2018
Materials Manger. We had a great staff and management. The TEAM ENVIRONMENT was the best of anywhere I have worked and the Corporate team was amazing. Was very unfortunate that this location was closed.
Pros
Great staff
P.S.S. Basically a manager
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 25, 2018
For all that is required as a Patient Service Specialist the pay is terrible. Benefits are not bad but insurace is pricey if you have dependents. You are a multi-billiondollar company, why not pay your most hard working employees a good wage? And we don't even get bonuses yet our managers get bonuses if the clinic is doing well, scheduling properly, if the P.S.S. get certain things from patients. There also aren't any clear, written procedures for how things should be done. If i have a question on something I have to email and hope I get a response. Not much room for advancement as you have to tell you manager if you're applying for a different position first which makes an awkward situation.
Pros
Hour lunch, tuesday and friday off early.
Cons
Insurance benefits, pay, management structure, lack of staffing coverage, lack of clear procedures.
was great then new management happened
Rehab tech (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 21, 2018
Baylor is a great place to work .. Select medical serbices was great it's the management that needd an overhaul .. I loved my co wirjer, my patients and the hours and pay is unbelievable. But the new management is questionable .
Pros
Loving fun teamwork great pay great benefits
Cons
management sucks
Lots of demanding work with poor management
PAR (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 11, 2018
Pittsburgh's central billing office has a lot of nice employees that work hard but management puts too many demanding deadlines and threats on them resulting in a high turnover. You must punch in and out for your 10 minute breaks. Just managements ways of trying to demean the employees. Just like rating you by stats and posting them for all other department to see, among other juvenile tactics. Meanwhile, if you need a question answered, the unqualified management team can't help. But if you try to ask a coworker, you will get written up for talking. This is just not a place for adults to work. There is no respect for the people who actually do the work.
Pros
Zero
typical day at work
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bethany, OK 73008April 9, 2018
typical day at work first thing work reports, took me around 30 min, call patient to schedule them, work with ins, data entry, ins verification, workers comp, answer phone calls(high high volume)
A company that is only for money
Corporate Cash Application Representative (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAApril 1, 2018
A multi billion dollar company that operates world wide but pays like a mom & pop shop. Can't smoke on property leaving you standing in the rain if not prepared. It feels like it's not truly about their patients but about money.
Pros
Flex schedule
Cons
Horrible Pay!
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 22, 2018
I think Select Medical is Wonderful and a great place to work for and has many opportunities for employees that are living in the area raising a family and helping the community
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Productive and fun workplace with great leadership
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAMarch 19, 2018
Select Medical and my supervisor have welcomed me with open arms. Work schedule is positive and open for days off when needed and management is quality a++. The culture is dependent upon the morale of the patients and their openness to cooperate which is the hardest part about the job. The culture within the department is great and very friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact and develop relationships with various coworkers possessing similar outlooks and futures.
Pros
nice shift hours
Cons
lack of days per week
staffing
Chief Nursing Officer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMarch 18, 2018
short staffed

call off issues

Quality person lacks experience

do provide many services to the patients

great work for the patients

Staff is experienced from

Seen great things for the patients
danger zone
RN (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMarch 18, 2018
high nurse/patient ratio with critically ill patients, on ventilator with trachs, PEGS, getting dialysis, placing/maintaining central lines, titrating critical drips, many patients with isolation precautions, and complex wounds. Wound debridement often done at bedside without numbing area...seemed inhumane.
Pros
good pay
Cons
license on the line all day every day
Don't work here
Implementation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMarch 17, 2018
Poor communication. No advancement or career development. Managers should not be in their current positions.

The company as a whole is good, just stay away from IT department.
Excellent opportunities from entry level through managenment
Director of Rehabilitation Services (Former Employee) –  Commerce, GAMarch 12, 2018
Great company opportunities for professional development and growth. As facility program director, I was provided appropriate and timely clinical education and training as well as 24/7 support from my direct supervisor. Employee benefits are some of the best compared to other rehab companies.
Poor management
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 7, 2018
Select was very unorganized and unprofessional. The management did not do their jobs they sat in offices and would talk with one and other about outside work events and would not answer phone calls. Nurses were every lazy. Overall was not a good work environment.
Diverse Medical Environment With Poor Mangement
CNA/UCMT (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 28, 2018
You get a wide range of patients with tons of opprotunity to learn but the company is profit ran and this conflicts with what we really are there for quite often.
SPNet, the management nightmare
Staff (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 26, 2018
Good coworkers, pleasant office workers, job is not complicated at all. Management however is absolutely atrocious. Incompetent people desperately trying to tell you how to do your job, when the other staff are telling you otherwise what to do. No sense of representation when it comes to working there, the upper management will not care for you nor will the local management, HR is a joke as well. Continuing with management, I have heard yelling from multiple managers towards staff; not only inappropriate, but unethical. Pay is adequate, however it is lower than what is needed and the responsibility YOU take for upper/local management's mistakes outweighs the pay grade. I was glad to move on and away from this travesty of a, "good job."
Pros
Good Benefits, Clean work environment
Cons
Terrible management, No upward movement, no formal training regarding specifics of job
Overall decent place to work, too much micromanaging
IT Support Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAFebruary 17, 2018
Overall decent place to work, too much micromanaging

With all of the micromanaging - the big picture gets missed in my opinion.

Most of your co-workers are great to work with and would do anything for you, it just comes back to management. Everything has to be done faster, and faster, and if the bottom of the tier employee isn't happy and frustrated as can be with everything; micromanaging, less the average pay and 401k benefit match, etc., it makes it difficult to keep in a positive frame of mind each and every day.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
micromanaging, horrible match on company 401k, training is a joke
Great nursing staff.
EVS Manger (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAFebruary 12, 2018
Violation of labor laws. Dishonest upper management. Poor communication. Lack of accountability. Upper management has bad decision making. Lack of responsibility.
Pros
Great Nursing Staff
Cons
Very dishonest and poor upper management
Great coworkes!
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 3, 2018
Our team works together to provide the best possible care for our patients. Great weaning process to decannulation. Highly skilled respiratory therapists.
Pros
Coworkers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Select Medical. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

64out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Select Medical.