Select Medical

United States388 reviews

Clear
3.0Pay & Benefits

Select

Raises are weak, corporate sends emails about things while they are in their cozy offices. Generally coworkers are what makes the job worth it. The continuing education is probably the best part.

Pros

Job security, semi flexible, Ceu

Cons

Pay, raises

Challenging place to work. You learn a lot and have a lot of responsibility. Wide variety of patient population. Coworkers try to help each other out and work well together for the most part.

Pros

You learn a lot, a lot of teamwork

Cons

Compensation could be better

Select Medical insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Great team manager.

Great team managers while I was there. Also, great team that worked together to meet goals. Everyone on the team was supportive and helped when needed.

Pros

Good pay, good benefits

Cons

LOTS of turnover in upper management.

Great place to work!

Corporate office has a very good environment along with people who legitimately care about the patients and our hospitals. The people in the office are happy and really motivate you to do/be your best self. The pay, benefits and work life balance are good. I really enjoy working for Select Medical for a while.

Nice to work Monday through Friday but that's it.

You do get Monday through Friday off and Holidays, but you have to use your PTO if you want to get paid for being off on the holiday. The insurance isn't very good and no room for growth. Vacation time is minimal until after 5 years.

Pros

Monday through Friday with weekends off

Cons

Everything else

Potential of being a great employer - currently a good employer

Overall, employment is fair. There seems to be a culture of not applying the "rules" the same way twice; meaning not everyone is treated equally. This causes turmoil as staff 'talks' to each other. Recommend more open genuinely received communication from staff to management to improve moral.

Pros

flex schedule, competing salary

Cons

cost of benefits, no clear direction for hourly staff

Good Place

Good place to grow, some coworkers can be drama but if you’re just there to work and have a good time with the positive people you’ll be more than happy!

Pros

pto, bonus, challenges

Cons

pay could be higher

Dedicated Staff, Not So Great Benefits

The people I work with are very dedicated to their jobs and are friendly. My center manager is amazing! However I feel like management outside of the clinic isn't as supporting as they could/should be. Benefits aren't the best, but pays decently.

Pros

Hour long lunches, Major holidays off

Cons

PTO accumulation not the best

Good work/life balance; Poor management and Pay

I’ve only worked at Select for a little under 6 months and the company culture is ok. The pay and benefits are probably the lowest I’ve seen at any healthcare provider. The front office staff as well as the therapist are pretty much overworked and underpaid. Management doesn’t give you a any feedback on how you’re doing until you do something that is “not the select way”. When you try to voice concerns, they get ignored.

Pros

Good work/life balance

Cons

Poor healthcare benefits, pay isn’t fair for the amount of work you have to do

Poor Company Culture

Poor company culture. The upper management does not realize how important the PSS ( front office) postion is. As a center manager , I had 4 front office staff in 2 years time. This is too much turnover to run a practice. This is due to the poor pay and attitude towards the PSS staff.. Upper level managment "Nickels and Dimes" the PSS staff . Also too much reliance on PTAs performing essential Physical therapist duties. Priority is on profit as this is a Publically traded company and is expected. Every week your numbers are thrown in your face constantly worrying about staffing and the least expensive way to provide care is most salient. Pt. outcomes and Pt. care take a back seat in this regard... .

Pros

Benefits are hard to match except perhaps a hospital setting

Cons

Too much reliance on PTA staff, High turnover at PSS ( front office)

Fun place to work

Not good with raises worked 3 years before got a raise of only 2% not much room for advancement but the environment and co workers are very friendly and make it worth going to work

Pros

Fun environment

Cons

Compensation

Salary compensation inadequate

Select is a large company who doesn't want to give their employees compensation to keep up with the average rate. They would rather deal with turn over than pay their employees the market average.

Its an ok job as far as CNA work goes

You can expect to often be short staffed. Management can't do anything about it because there is a lot of pressure on them from corporate to cut costs and drive the bottom line. Pay is fair, benefits are expensive for what you get. I used to really like it but the critical staffing levels have been getting to me more and more.

Pros

Not the worst

Cons

Typical corporate health care

Great place for experience

The job itself is pretty redundant once you’ve done it for awhile, but the patients make every day an exciting challenge! Every office is different, but the staff at my location is one of the best teams I’ve seen.

Pros

Hour lunch breaks, Pto

Cons

Pay

A growing company that needs to develop solid solutions for technical issues

While I worked at this company, I got along well with my peers and management. The benefits were good, but a bit on the expensive side. The issue I had was the work itself--I worked in the IT department. They had a common knowledge base, as most companies do, but it was such a free-for-all, that it became frustrating to follow some guides as the people writing them didn't always have the technical writing skill, and in addition, there was virtually no QA process for publishing the shared articles. Furthermore, the remote VPN access never seemed to work the way that it should.

Benefits

Cons

An overall sense of aimlessness as far as departmental direction goes.

Horrible experience

I loved the job itself and the people I worked with were great but the management is horrible. They play favorites and they tend to talk to you like you are dumb eventhough most employees are probably more intelligent than the management is.

Pros

Benefits are not too bad

Cons

Pay is terrible and they are supper old school in the way they run that place.

Poor training provided for new employees

Beware! Do not work here if you require training! They will tell you that you are supported, but during your training, you are NOT. This is a very 2-faced company.

Pros

Cons

Compensation is awful as well

Decent Place to Work

Friendly work environment and the patient to aide ration isn't horrible. At most had 11 patients alone. Normally 5. No benefits or PTO for part time work.

Pros

Good patient ratios

Cons

No PTO

Productive with chaotic training.

Benefits are mediocre. Always watched by big brother/sister. They are very good at picking apart your mistakes and calling them teaching moments. Which is a nice way to say tell you you made mistakes. All the time. But they are awful in what they call "training". Alot of muddling through tasks, and hurry get the job done days. They want you to ask questions, but don't offer information to help make your job easier.

Pros

Company meals

Cons

Terrible pay, incentives, and benefits and only 6 paid holidays a year. Don't bother being a great employee, going above and beyond, with excellent punctuality and attendace. Not recognized.

Don’t work here

Low payLong hours No support No lunch No over time for salary Expected to work 12-14 hours days Leadership is horrible Not safe environment Unfair

need to pay

they hand you all these projects and expect them done within a week and things do not work like that. they refuse to pay better we are currently down so many staff it is laughable. they will not give us raises except at the end of the year which is a measly 30 cents. they won't pay all my bills they don't care about you at all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Select Medical. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Select Medical.
Powered byComparably