Select Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

Wonderful Coworkers, Terrible Management
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLFebruary 26, 2019
Rewarding to witness a patient's progress after their body has experienced a trauma. SAD having knowledge that Mgt. cares about $$ more than patients.
Pros
The Patients
Cons
EVERYTHING About management, The Quality of care is downgraded for quantity of $$ and patients, Employees are mistreated on a daily basis.
A foot in the door
PYHSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 12, 2019
This was one of my first internships in the field so I was very new to the experience but was very thankful for the knowledge they had given me. Working there seemed like it was a family and I was glad to be a part of that for the short time I was there.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Few hours
Less than fair
PRN PTA (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 1, 2019
No room to grow or advance. A dead end job for a PTA. Company makes hourly employees take PTO for holidays and in clinic closures that are weather related (hurricane, snow storms). Salaried employees get regular time in these instances. Care only about numbers. Some PT's don't value PTA/ATC knowledge and experience when it comes to making suggestions or recommendations regarding patient care. Very 'unteam' like. Musical patients who often times see multiple clinicians over their course of treatment. Lack of raises or often times never even given for one reason or another. Overall, poor management (top to bottom) who does not welcome the opinions of their employees.
Pros
Fun co-workers
Cons
See comments! Need I say more
Great company to work for
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Trinity, FLJanuary 14, 2019
If you are looking to work for this company, I highly recommend them. They are organized and professional. The staff is always a pleasure to their patients as well as their staff.
It was a good place to learn
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 12, 2019
Great for a year or so, I learned a lot about insurance and bookkeeping. great entry level job as well for those wanting to learn the medical billing world.
Great place to work.
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNDecember 29, 2018
Friendly front office staff. Knowledgeable therapists . Patients are treated with RESPECT. Most insurance providers including workers comp and self pay.
Pros
Easy to work with, friendly.
Cons
Can be stressful
Good place to work to gain experience.
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 21, 2018
The hours & providers were nice & friendly to work with. Don't pay very well & raises are far, few, and small. Lack of support from management as well
Pros
Coworkers, experience
Cons
Poor management, low pay
Fast pace work environment
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ashland, VADecember 11, 2018
Non stop. Fast paced. Great to work with and getting to know the patients. Being able enjoy their smiles once they are feeling better. Knowing that ypu are part of the team that made that happen
Horrible company to work for!
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Estero, FLDecember 3, 2018
Worst company to work. Benefits are awful. They don't pay for holidays. Feel like being worked to death with minimal pay? This is the company for you.
New learning experience
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 29, 2018
Working at Select Physical Therapy was a great learning experience. Not only did you get to work with great doctors but they also gave you the chance to learn from them and interact with some of their patients.
Select physical therapy
PHYSICAL THERAPY ASSISTANT STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 26, 2018
I was only a student when I worked at Select physical therapy. While I was there my supervising therapist was well educated and was able to help me grow as a PTA.
Pros
co-workers and patients
Cons
it was temporary
profit over patients
Outpatient Hand Therapist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 5, 2018
I would advise anyone looking to work for this company to really hold management to the agreements of your work contract. The agreement is in exchange for your skilled expertise and time you are compensated with money, PTO, and benefits. This company regularly tries to take more time than agreed and to not honor PTO request. The motivation for profit is very evident, with expectations to do more and more with NO schedule time for documentation or administrative duties.
Cons
did not honor PTO, no documentation time
Upbeat work environment and great coworkers
Patient Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAOctober 18, 2018
Fast-paced work environment. Everyone works as part of a team. Typical day is answering phones, verifying insurance benefits, setting up evaluations, taking payments and managing schedules.
not worth it
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 12, 2018
As a pss staff member the duties you have to do on a daily basis is not worth the pay. I attend to 6 full time therapist and occasional floats. Management does not stand behind you when dealing with difficult patients. Even though you get pto it rarely gets approved. There is no room to grow at this company.
Great before management change
Rehab Aide (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 20, 2018
The previous manager was amazing and I learned so much from him. He would let me watch him work on patients, but when he was offered a better job and left, the new manager was so bitter. He forbid anyone from talking to him and treated me poorly compared to another aide that had just been hired. They held a company brunch and even invited a former employee, but never invited me. I was only once invited to the company outing (which I had been told happened often).
N/a
PT Aide (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 13, 2018
I was just an aide. It was a stepping stone to becoming an actual physical therapist which is what I did. The clinic prepared me adequately for my career choice.
Great Place to work
Lead Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 13, 2018
This was my favorite position. The only issue that I had was that the majority of the work was done by me in the front office and they way the deposits were done. I would have to go weekly to some store and get a money order for the co pays.
Pros
pay, work family, tickets to the local sports.
Cons
micro management
Ok for a brief stay one or two years
Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTSeptember 3, 2018
Very cooperate. Limited continued education, not giving the budget and freedom to choose what courses I was interested in outside of the company. I like 1k a year for continued education.
Great place to be a student intern!
PT student intern (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 27, 2018
The manager at the clinic I worked with is SUPER amazing. She seems to have it all set- amiable, respectful, funny, wonderful, generous, all the great adjectives a PT and a manager should be! The patients were rarely double booked, which I liked as a student intern. The other PTs are wonderful and collaborative. The front desk staff are also lovely people who welcome the clients warmly and let the PTs in the back know.
Pros
Good working pace
Decent pay, not very lifestyle friendly.
Patient Service Specialist (PSS) (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAAugust 16, 2018
The environment of this job is very friendly and relaxed for the most part. I was a Patient Service Specialist working on my own in a small office. There were stressful aspects, but I enjoyed the work. The hours are difficult, however, and I often missed out on things because I was working so late in the day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Select Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.