Select Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

Horrible company to work for!
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Estero, FLDecember 3, 2018
Worst company to work. Benefits are awful. They don't pay for holidays. Feel like being worked to death with minimal pay? This is the company for you.
New learning experience
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 29, 2018
Working at Select Physical Therapy was a great learning experience. Not only did you get to work with great doctors but they also gave you the chance to learn from them and interact with some of their patients.
Select physical therapy
PHYSICAL THERAPY ASSISTANT STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 26, 2018
I was only a student when I worked at Select physical therapy. While I was there my supervising therapist was well educated and was able to help me grow as a PTA.
Pros
co-workers and patients
Cons
it was temporary
profit over patients
Outpatient Hand Therapist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 5, 2018
I would advise anyone looking to work for this company to really hold management to the agreements of your work contract. The agreement is in exchange for your skilled expertise and time you are compensated with money, PTO, and benefits. This company regularly tries to take more time than agreed and to not honor PTO request. The motivation for profit is very evident, with expectations to do more and more with NO schedule time for documentation or administrative duties.
Cons
did not honor PTO, no documentation time
not worth it
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 12, 2018
As a pss staff member the duties you have to do on a daily basis is not worth the pay. I attend to 6 full time therapist and occasional floats. Management does not stand behind you when dealing with difficult patients. Even though you get pto it rarely gets approved. There is no room to grow at this company.
Great before management change
Rehab Aide (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 20, 2018
The previous manager was amazing and I learned so much from him. He would let me watch him work on patients, but when he was offered a better job and left, the new manager was so bitter. He forbid anyone from talking to him and treated me poorly compared to another aide that had just been hired. They held a company brunch and even invited a former employee, but never invited me. I was only once invited to the company outing (which I had been told happened often).
N/a
PT Aide (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 13, 2018
I was just an aide. It was a stepping stone to becoming an actual physical therapist which is what I did. The clinic prepared me adequately for my career choice.
Great Place to work
Lead Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 13, 2018
This was my favorite position. The only issue that I had was that the majority of the work was done by me in the front office and they way the deposits were done. I would have to go weekly to some store and get a money order for the co pays.
Pros
pay, work family, tickets to the local sports.
Cons
micro management
Ok for a brief stay one or two years
Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTSeptember 3, 2018
Very cooperate. Limited continued education, not giving the budget and freedom to choose what courses I was interested in outside of the company. I like 1k a year for continued education.
Great place to be a student intern!
PT student intern (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 27, 2018
The manager at the clinic I worked with is SUPER amazing. She seems to have it all set- amiable, respectful, funny, wonderful, generous, all the great adjectives a PT and a manager should be! The patients were rarely double booked, which I liked as a student intern. The other PTs are wonderful and collaborative. The front desk staff are also lovely people who welcome the clients warmly and let the PTs in the back know.
Pros
Good working pace
Decent pay, not very lifestyle friendly.
Patient Service Specialist (PSS) (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAAugust 16, 2018
The environment of this job is very friendly and relaxed for the most part. I was a Patient Service Specialist working on my own in a small office. There were stressful aspects, but I enjoyed the work. The hours are difficult, however, and I often missed out on things because I was working so late in the day.
Productive and an education internship site
Intern/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLAugust 13, 2018
A typical day at work included shadowing the DPT's, cleaning and folding linens, and interacting with patients.

The DPT's asked questions, explained by each solution method was done, etc.
Cons
Short breaks/lunch
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCAugust 8, 2018
Great place to work. Awesome environment and I would recommend anyone to work there. I learned to much about myself and the company. The company really do treat their patients well
Great internship experience
INTERN (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOAugust 7, 2018
I enjoyed working with the staff as well as the patients that came through the clinic. I gained lots of great experience and go to know more about the field
Productive and great place for advancement
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, ArizonaAugust 2, 2018
Select Medical is a growing employer within the area with multiple clinics and room for advancement. They offer excellent benefits and support for their employees.
Pros
Ability to grow as a clinician.
Cons
Stressful yet rewarding work day.
Front desk
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 1, 2018
Wasn't pleased of the teamwork I was receiving. Want to find something better. I felted ganged on and did the best that I could for the company. Need no career advancement
Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 31, 2018
Management is not ideal, micromanage and there is little to no communication. They do not listen to their employees needs, nor do they coach their employees in allowing them to be successful in their current position.
Great company who cares
Patient Service Specialist PRN (Current Employee) –  Port Orange, FLJuly 22, 2018
Select Physical Therapy from my experience has been a positive work environment. Almost everyone is willing to help if you have questions or need help. The management is patient and has an open door policy. The environment can be fast paced but nothing that one can't handle if they apply themselves.
Pros
Family oriented, Positive team
Typical day
Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA and ArizonaJuly 13, 2018
multi tasking; 2 patients per hour; general outpatient orthopedic issues. Continuing education courses provided by Select and are free to attend if approved by your manager.
Pros
Appreciated employee
Cons
high patient volume
Grossly unmanaged
CEAS & Business Development (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 12, 2018
My experience with the physical therapist was the most disappointing aspect of my experience with the company
I did not find my training sufficient, my management sufficient or my pay sufficient. They were grossly understaffed for my position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Select Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about