Select Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Typical day
Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA and ArizonaJuly 13, 2018
multi tasking; 2 patients per hour; general outpatient orthopedic issues. Continuing education courses provided by Select and are free to attend if approved by your manager.
Pros
Appreciated employee
Cons
high patient volume
Grossly unmanaged
CEAS & Business Development (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 12, 2018
My experience with the physical therapist was the most disappointing aspect of my experience with the company
I did not find my training sufficient, my management sufficient or my pay sufficient. They were grossly understaffed for my position.
Great Work Place
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJune 1, 2018
Learned a lot while working here. Physical Therapists were very helpful and made sure I understood everything they would do daily. Great group of people who worked here.
Great Company to work for
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 30, 2018
Enjoyed my time with the company. Yes, as with every job there are times of stress. However it was not everyday. Enjoyed interacting with all my co-workers.
Pros
Hour Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Low pay for the amount of work load
Patient Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXMay 3, 2018
It tons of work and very fast paced, but low pay and change in corporate management sometimes causes patients to not be seen or be given the best care possible.
Pros
Free Hockey Tickets, Physical Therapist really make work a friendly place to work.
Cons
Other Administrative employees that need to be terminated really cannot be terminated.
Great working environment and team oriented. But poor advancement
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAApril 27, 2018
Overall the company provides a comfortable working environment. Although, after working there for 2 years, and earning an AA in kinesiology, there was never a performance review or opportunity for an advancement.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Low pay
Don't waste your time
PSS (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IAApril 18, 2018
Workplace Culture- Co workers were not helpful, it was not a friendly place to work. Trying to learn the job was like pulling teeth.
They are not looking to help you succeed at the job. Management was the same, poor. They care about the customers experience, but care less about their employees.
Pros
Customer Satisfaction
Cons
High turnover. Company is out for themselves
Hardest part of job
Patient Services Specialistr (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 14, 2018
Not only are you a medical admin , but they also treat company as a business not a healthcare facility so that should tell you how the workflow is. Almost like a sales environment
overly worked, highly underpaid
fun and productive enviornment
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAApril 10, 2018
Everyone is super helpful here at Select Medical. The therapists are extremely helpful in guiding me with correct way of assisting patients. The patients are fun to work with as well.
Great Learing environment
Patient Service Specialist, Monday-Friday (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MO 65201April 10, 2018
I enjoyed the work environment and the employees that worked there. The staff were very educated and always willing to help others learn and to motivate themselves to heal and live a healthy lifestyle.
Pros
Can use the equipment
Cons
No room for advancement
Great place
PATIENT SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2018
Learning eveything you need to know is still a bit challenging. You basically learn at your own pace and as things happen. So thats a little nerve-racking. But as time goes on you catch on more and more. My boss is great which to me just makes all the difference in the world.
It's a bad company with good people working in it.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  FLApril 2, 2018
Select Medical should take lessons from companies like IBM and Virgin who put their employees first. There is no loyalty or compassion from upper management. They take take take and never want to give which is ironic since they are a health care company. Treat your people well and reap the rewards! Horrible.
Pros
They hire, smart PT's who help you learn.
Cons
Don't work there if you're a PTA. They treat you like you're subhuman.
So So
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 29, 2018
I felt like I was not being paid enough for the amount of work I was doing. It is a great company but I wish the pay was a little better. I also enjoyed my co workers.
Absolutely horrible
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2018
Dishonest management lying directly to you with no concern for employees welfare or growth. Upper level corporate makes decisions for area management with consideration of actual needs
Cons
A very professional and fun place to work.
PRN at Select Physical Therapy (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 5, 2018
Select was a fun place to work due to awesome coworkers. The management when I worked at Select maintained a very professional environment. The most important aspect of this job was implementing the BEST patient care. Select ensures the best care of the patient INCLUDING: working with convenient schedules for the patient, implementing the best care to get the patient back to independent activities of daily living, working on patient goals as a team.
Pros
Select offers good benefits to full time employees.
Cons
I enjoyed everything about Select Physical Therapy.
good company
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  CTFebruary 22, 2018
I worked as a student physical therapist, I worked for free but I enjoyed it. Good atmosphere, welcoming and great patients. Can be fast paced or slow depending on the location and the season/weather.
Working at Select Physical Therapy
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2018
The most enjoyable part of working at Select Physical Therapy was taking care of the patients. The hardest part of working there was the unfair treatment, intimidation and hard time at work by the staff. I have learned to speak up about a problem I am going through to the proper department and report any hard time at work.
Pros
Hour breaks, benefits
Cons
N/a
I would look elsewhere
ATC (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 27, 2018
As a former employee for WDW through select, I genuinely think you should look elsewhere. Management is all over the place. Scheduling is awful. You barely utilize your knowledge as an Athletic Trainer. They have you push these unrealistic numbers so they can stay contracted with the parks. Don’t do it. I stayed for 7 months and had to go. The turnover rate here is crazy.
Pros
Some of the staff are great
Cons
PTO policy, management, everything
Great co workers
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Golden, COJanuary 26, 2018
The clinic has a calm atmosphere, it is great to see patients improve and get back to their active lives. Most days are a steady pace not too crazy. I have met some great PT's over the years and have learned exercises and stretches I can use when my back pain flares up
Pros
Co workers, large corporation
Cons
Large corporation
Good
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FLJanuary 23, 2018
I have worked here for going on two years, and I like that it is fast paced makes the day go by fast. Most of the people that I work with are great. I love the benefits.