Select Rehabilitation

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Fair pay but micro manage

Fair pay but not much support from upper management. Rarely get a ‘thank you’ from regional/corporate. I love my co-coworkers and that was the main reason I stayed with them. Benefits is expensive.

Not the best company to work for

There are no raises or holiday pay. The only way to get a raise is to quit and come back. Everything is on a need to know basis and management will do what's convenient for them and not the betterment of the staff.

They withhold payments

During a covid outbreak at my facility We in rehab were asked to help the nurses on the floor for which we were promised an additional 30% pay differential. Upon pay day they did not pay the differential. When questioned they said it was put in a fund for pto which was not agreed too

Pros

Na

Cons

Pay cuts

This company is mostly about money.

This company is mostly about money. They really push concurrent treatment whether it’s appropriate or not. My regional was OK but I’ve had others before they were terrible.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

No management support

Pay is pretty good but no benefits

Happy with pay but you don’t get paid holidays or any sick time. You just accrue PTO as a full timer. Management is nice and doesn’t micro manage but they have no training and just throw you into the job. Disorganized company. I don’t get feeling SR cares about their employees or quality patient care.

Pros

Pay is pretty good

Cons

No paid holidays or sick time

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Love to work

Great staff and great environment to work in. Everyone gets along and help you with anything you need. We do fun events and the place gets decorative around the holidays.

Good pay

Place has great pay. Sometimes not best management and sometimes you don’t get a full 40 hours but I like that they don’t give you 15 plus people a day

Pros

Pay

Cons

Not always 40 hours

Company is mediocre

The pay will depend on how much you are needed at the time of hire, much like other companies. They are losing contracts but still hiring so they often hire therapists for one building and then send them all over.

Poor Management, Unrealistic productivity, No guidance, No opportunity for advancement

The management at Select Rehab does not care about you. They set unrealistic and unethical expectations for productivity. They give you a lot of PTO, however they lose their minds when you try to actually use it and there is no coverage. I was a new grad and did not know what to expect and definitely let them take advantage. Depending on your SNF, you may work with some lovely people with a great team approach to therapy. My particular nursing home was in a low income area and the nursing staff was less than great. The pay is fair and around the national average, however there is no opportunity for advancement in company. I worked here for a year and quickly left as soon as I finished my CF. Definitely do your research before accepting a job here. Someone at a better nursing home may have had a much better experience.

Pros

Good therapy team, Pay

Cons

Productivity, No Advancement in company, Poor PTO usage

I’ve worked at many buildings and have made some wonderful friends.

It’s like any rehab company. You’ll have good days and bad ones. I wish they would give performance reviews. You never hear about the good things you do. And never any raises.

Great co workers

Great coworkers, fun patients. Diverse patient population. Love what I do and who I help. My advice is do your job, stay to yourself, and don't try to advance unless you are a male or childless.

All bad. So not recommended.

No work at the facility where we are placed at. Working 3-4 hours a day. No recognition from the upper management that there is no work, problems being ignored and getting worse. Worked thru pandemic as so called “hero”, no hazard pay or anything extra. Most employees worked 4-5 hours a day, no sick leave, no paid leave if contracted Covid from patients. Required to “supplement “ low hours with PTO to have a reasonable paycheck so no PTO left when getting ill, getting hurt or need “mental “ days. Looking for another job😢

Good Workplace

Good workplace. Very good team setting. Management will work with you. Very flexible. Laid back environment. Job keeps you busy. Great benefits. Overall okay place to work.

Just another therapy company

About the same as all other companies in skilled care. Have been satisfied working for the company with nothing special to note overall. Therapist co workers are great.

Great team and regional management but no raises, micromanagement of productivity and therapy minutes

Supportive management and great facility, hard to maintain therapy staffing due to no annual raises, PTO policies, limited continuing education reimbursement.

Pros

Supportive management, great therapy team members

Cons

no cost of living increases, strict monitoring of therapy minutes delivery, only able to carry over 40 hours of PTO each year.

Flexible but demanding

The flexibility it nice to have with small children but the compensation is going down. We had a 10% cut last year and are projected to have another. There is not really a incentive from the company. Come, do your job, and leave. You mostly only have negative feedback if any at all.

Productivity is more important than quality!

I have been with this company before it was Select so for total of eight years with two raises in the first five years equal one dollar have not had a raise since. Productivity requirement is 92% with concurrent and group with no regard for the actual patients’ intensity to reach their goals. As a healthcare worker I work to help my patients our company decided not to participate in the government program for additional pay for front line workers during this epidemic. We have true benefits other than free ceus.

Pros

Plenty of work

Cons

No raises ever, no appreciation for employees productivity too high

Typically contract company that shows little care for staff

Worked as therapist and program manager. Received little support from upper management when needed. They paid me below average then gave a 10 percent pay cut in the middle of the pandemic.

Okay place

It’s nice that the schedule is flexible, however there is a lot of micromanagement. There’s very little training at the beginning of the job either. The direct coworkers are great but there’s very little communication and a lot of micromanagement from upper management. Not a lot of promise for raises or growth.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Pay cuts, push for productivity

Your worth to the company is based solely on productivity

Full time but not guaranteed hours. No support above building level. Management not receptive to ideas that would improve quality of care and efficiency. I have been told that I shouldn’t be using email and that all electronic communication with staff and caregivers should go through program director. When trying to bring this (and other) huge issues of inefficiency to management, I’ve been told multiple times, “Select doesn’t do it that way”

Ok

It really depends on the regional manager, program manager, the facility and the entire rehab team. All of those elements (either separately or collectively) could make or break your work day.

Pros

Flex time

Cons

Lack of CEU dollars

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Select Rehabilitation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight