Select Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

Challenging and rewarding
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJuly 4, 2018
productivity standards can be a challenge in this environment. Especially when dealing with elderly residents who can have a multitude of diagnosis that can interfere with rational thought, and physical ability.
Brookestone Acres in Columbus, NE is a fun place to work.
Staff Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NEMay 11, 2018
I love working for Select Rehab at the Brookestone Acres facility. I also fill in occasionally at Heritage of Bel Air in Norfolk. The rehab staff is very fun and the care in general in both facilities is excellent. I thoroughly love working with the elderly and in the skilled nursing setting.
Pros
I love my co workers.
Cons
I would like to work more hours and see more patients.
good place to work
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  White Lake, MIMay 9, 2018
I still work at select rehabilitation. The convienence of the location and hours are wonderful. co-workers are amazing and it is a very relaxed work place to work
Great place to work with amazing therapy staff!
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palatka, FLMay 1, 2018
I honestly enjoy being a part of Select Rehab's therapy staff. I had to relocate last year on FMLA but am back on staff and grateful to work for such a great company and would recommend this company to others. Our DOR's at both locations that I will be working PRN for are both knowledgeable on what it takes to have a proactive and caring environment to promote a healing and positive experience for each patient.
Great company
Certified Occupation Therapy Assistant (COTA) (Current Employee) –  Wynnewood, PAApril 26, 2018
Select Rehabilitation is a wonderful company to work for. They are one of the few companies who hire new grads and they take the time to mentor new employees in an effort to mold them into great practitioners. Their hourly wage in the most competitive as well.
Productive and fun workplace
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 26, 2018
Select encourages a relaxed and collaborative environment. While working for this company, I have grown immensely both personally and professionally. Management always respected the clinician and clinician needs and maintained an ethically sound environment.
fair
Director of Rehab (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 26, 2018
It was an ok company to work for. My direct supervisor was a very sweet lady but sometimes it felt that she didn't have my back. The best part of the jodb was that we didn't waste too much time on meetings, they were quick and to the point
Pros
benefits were great
Cons
i guess lack of support?
Job Summary
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILApril 15, 2018
After the 1st year I worked there, they very accommodating and a very confortable. Then after about 1/2 of my second year I there they said I was working too slow that one of my co-worker can run circles around me, which I felt was age discrimination and I felt that was an very insulting.
Pros
Free lunch on thursday.
Cons
everything else besides free lunch.
Program Manager with little support from higher management
Program Manager/Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 31, 2018
I am a SPL and was hired as a PD and SLP. Was transferred and no longer was able to treat more than 2hrs a day and this was not the best environment for me. I love treating patients and working collaboratively with patients, family and co-workers to provide the best patient care. The most difficult part of my job was not treating patients. Managing the therapy program was somewhat challenging however, was not fulfilling. The most enjoyable part of my job was when the other SLP was on vacation and I was able to treat more. This was more challenging due to still having to complete managerial duties, and the hours at those times was longer but worth it to participate in treating patients
Unethical, stressful and they do not have your back
Staff Therapist (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 24, 2018
Expect you to be unethical, day you have to be 85% productive, lots of off the clock work, stressful, no support, do not help you learn or grow. Definitely not family oriented and do not care about your health or families. Poor supervision, lack of help. Never would recommend them to anyone!
Cons
Poor management, no backup, unethical
Great/supportive group of co workers
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niceville, FLMarch 22, 2018
Family like atmosphere with collaborative efforts welcomed.Open door police with management for any problems. CNA's are willing to help with transfers.
Pros
Personable staff
Cons
Patient Care plan meetings can interrupt therapy time
Awesome Coworkers except the management
Rehab Aide (Former Employee) –  ChicagoMarch 8, 2018
Good people to work but the management don’t know how to handle its people.job description as rehab aide doesn’t matter as you will just ask to pick up/drop off the patient to their room.They don’t recognized you for your hard work and the being an asset to their company as long as they can hold to their position.
Pros
Conworkers very good
Cons
Management is no knowledge of what their doing
Great first job
Occupational therapist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 2, 2018
Great experience. I learned a lot at my facility. My co worjers were very friendly, helpful, and were like family. I love working here very much. Hours were steady and vacations were plentiful.
90% productivity
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenhurst, NYFebruary 28, 2018
Focusing to much on 90 % productivity. If we have No treatments with patients, you are sent home. We could work on programs to better the lives of our long term residents.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Productivity
questionalble ethics
PTA/Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILFebruary 12, 2018
my day begins by doing rounds, and scheduleing out the caseload. The facility I work in is a predominently medicaid building so I am always trying to build up the caseload as at any given time,my medicare census is 10. My personal caseload is around 30%. I attend a daily morning meeting, a weekly medicare meeting and case mixed index meeting. The hardest part of my job is the struggle with the facility adminsistration to justify lowering minutes on clinents that are functuining at a high level as this affects the facilities reimburessment. The most enjoyable part of my job is spending it with a great team of therapists.
Pros
my team members
Cons
the constant need to justify my decisions for lowering a pt's minutes.
Horrible management
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Pompano South Florida, FLFebruary 12, 2018
Regional consultants LOVE to terminate for no reason. Untrained managers. Horrible HR. CEO should be made aware of the failures of partnership with nursing homes. Partnership is ruining reputation.
Pros
Cons
Constant termination
Everyday Duties
Rehabilitation Technician/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Oswego, ILJanuary 28, 2018
• Primary responsibility of therapy scheduling including working with Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists and Speech Therapists.
• Perform clerical and billing duties including accurate data input, maintenance of patient medical records, answering multi-line office phones, inventory and distribution of medical and office supplies
• Scheduling patients on a daily basis for visits ordered by doctors in skilled short term rehabilitation setting
• Complying with Medicare guidelines
• Utilizing Rehab Optima software for scheduling and medical data entry
easy going
INVOICE MANAGER/Billing and Coding (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILJanuary 5, 2018
The company became cut throat at the end and started cutting jobs with no notice. Management used employees against other employees and would fire easily.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
mgmt
Small facility close working relationships wih the staff
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northfield, ILJanuary 2, 2018
Interesting patient clients to work with , primarily psych diagnosis. Excellent team of therapists to work with. . No two days were alike. Supportive management.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Lost the contract
Respiratory therapists beware!
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 10, 2017
I was told I would work 32 hours/4 days per week. On most days there was less than 4 hours of work to do, and I was subjected to snarky emails from the micro-managing Vice President if I stayed longer than he thought was appropriate. No extra pay for holidays. No opportunity for advancement. There is only one manager for all of the locations & the Vice President over respiratory is a physical therapy assistant. Working with the elderly is lovely, but it's not enough to make this job worthwhile.
Pros
Flexible hours, easy
Cons
Work every other weekend, mind-numbing, rarely get promised hours, no extra holiday pay, no thank yous

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Select Rehabilitation. Our community is ready to answer.