Select Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

Select rehabilitation, NO THANKS
Therapist (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 13, 2018
The management staff only cares about the $$$$ and not the patients needs. Often when patients shouldn’t even receive therapy and try to refuse they insist you keep bothering until the patient gives in. No ethics at all. They don’t give raises, nor do they acknowledge holiday pay. Hours can’t be met and they want you to go in between buildings to scrape by. Poor company and poor management. What one facility manager doesn’t allow at work the other facilities do. No consistency what so ever. To top it all off most employees who work there would rather throw their coworkers under the bus than help one another out. Shady people = shady business!!!
Pros
Knowledge that once you’ve helped your patients, you can go home!!!
Cons
Weak pay, no raises, bad management, bad district management who is not onsite but determines when you can discharge med B patients
Keep looking!!!!! Your degree is worth more!
SLP (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 22, 2018
High productivity. No support. No materials available expect you to provide Only tests available were MOCAand SLUMS. Fraud prevalent to meet high productivity. Company looks the other way No raises, holiday pay or vacation. Your PTO is suppose to cover all includ No sick time. Two weeks for holidays sick time and vacation is not a good work/life balance. High turn over. Manager told SLP to not order MBSS without ok from regional! No support of clinical competency. Focus is on meeting minutes to make money. Do not recommend this company. No pay for cont Ed. Make you use their cont ed which is worthless. No leaders from field just staff reading a power point. Ugh!
Pros
No pros. Do not recommend.
Cons
Managers are only interest in reaching minutes. Observed manager to talk on phone while treating pt.
Great people to work with
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILOctober 24, 2018
Poor management that was more interested in making more money then the well being of the therapist or the cost for treating inappropriate patients. Therapist benefits and perks being cut yearly. Also the company had not provided a pay raise for any of its hourly employees for the last 7 years when I left the company. Some of the rules were followed for some of the employees and some of the rules were overlooked for others depending on the amount of referrals and revenue that could be generated.
Terrible experience, Say NO
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PANovember 16, 2018
The absolute worst company I’ve ever worked for. The Regional Manager needs to be trained in people skills. Unrealistic goals for therapists; raises ethical concerns. I witnessed my coworkers stress daily. If company is being bought out, you won’t know whether you have a job or not, until it’s too late. The facility itself needs a makeover; Residents wreak of urine. Gossip among all workers at the facility. Terrible work environment. You will work holidays with no time and a half; high turnover rate.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Everything else
Large money hungry company
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 9, 2018
High productivity standards of 90% for assistants. They also might ask you to clock out in between patients or do documentation/progress notes/screens while clocked out to meet productivity. No raises, no paid holidays. If you have a good DOR then it may be bearable.
Pros
plenty of buildings to travel to if caseload is low
Cons
no raises, unrealistic productivity, you're just a warm body to fill a space
good
PTA (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLNovember 14, 2018
good benefits , high prod standard , no over time and no holidays off, good management , high turn over , would go back if offered higher pay rate. I feel the company should reward its therapist for achievement and not just upper management.
Fast paced, emphasis on productivity
PTA (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSNovember 25, 2018
This company is similar to others I have worked for. Good benefit package, and pay. They also have PTO. Hiring process was not overly complicated, and I was able to start pretty quickly.
Pros
Good benefits, Pto, license reimbursement
Cons
Fast paced, high productivity level
Great flexability
PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILSeptember 10, 2018
Select is a great company to work for as they have great flexibility, good benefits, and a relaxed and happy work atmosphere. Great online continuing education programs.
Fast paced therapy
Therapy Program Manager/Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIAugust 8, 2018
Select does not allow enough time for documentation, however the compensation is great. Not enough time to get patients, if there is a tech they are usually busy with the manager
fair
Director of Rehab (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 26, 2018
It was an ok company to work for. My direct supervisor was a very sweet lady but sometimes it felt that she didn't have my back. The best part of the jodb was that we didn't waste too much time on meetings, they were quick and to the point
Pros
benefits were great
Cons
i guess lack of support?
Could be a great job with better management
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant/Licensed (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILOctober 15, 2018
It was good at first but bad at the end, you work hard go above expectations with no correct given and no job security. Have nothing more to say that would change or matter.
Not a good company
Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 20, 2017
This company does NOTHING to invest in their employees. As far as they're concerned you're luck to have a job. If you want weights, restorators, theraband, theraputty, any therapeutic games/activity board hot packs, you had better buy it and bring it in.
You'll never have a pay raise so go in with what you're ok with for the entire time you work there. No sick days, or holiday pay.
You're expected to put your license in jeopardy with the patients you treat that don't need treatment or should be discharge to home.

Job culture is really 1/4 star.
Management is concerned with themselves and are good at dictating orders from the higher ups with no regard to the fact that they are the middle man/mediator for those they are in charge of.
90% productivity
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenhurst, NYFebruary 28, 2018
Focusing to much on 90 % productivity. If we have No treatments with patients, you are sent home. We could work on programs to better the lives of our long term residents.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Productivity
Productive and Nice Environment
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant/Licensed (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 17, 2018
The company I currently work for has many hardworking and caring people at all levels of this company. The therapist work as a team to ensure patients are receiving the best care and therapy services each and every day.

The overall culture is very high paced, friendly and supportive. The therapist are willing to go the extra mile in order to support each other, and make the therapy department an enjoyable experience for their patients and families.
Pros
Nice environment and great therapist.
Cons
I do not have have any complaints regarding this company..
Horrible company to work for
PTA (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DENovember 16, 2018
Select Rehab is a very unprofessional company and only cares about money, not their employees. Select signed a no compete clause on behalf of 10 employees without us knowing about it. Then when a new contract company was hired to replace them, they prevented use from being hired with the new company because they would no drop the $10,000 per person compete clause, even thought they could not offer use jobs within their company. As a united and loving therapy group we faught this situation not only for ourselves and our families, but for the residents who we have provided care for for years. In the end, Select refused to budge at all and the new company did not hire us, some who have worked there for over 10 years. Now 10 people are out of jobs as of December 1st and Select did not get any money from the new company since they didn’t hire us, giving us less than 3 weeks notice of this dramatic change in our lives. Throughout many changes, trials, tribulations, and disagreements with Select, the staff stuck it out because we love what we do and Heath care professional. In the end we all got screwed. Would not recommend working for Select Rehab.
No recognition of accomplishments and high pressure
COTA (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLDecember 8, 2018
Working on the Airimid contract side of things is awful. Stress for productivity and Med B numbers is ridiculous. Must have explanation for everything. No recognition for what is achieved and no opportunity for growth and advancement.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pressure for everything
Stressful place to work as they over hire employees to avoid paying contract companies and then full time staff didnt really get full time hours.
Occupational Therapist/Rehab Manager (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILOctober 30, 2018
This company only cared about Med units to make them money. Productivity rates were out of line and cuased many therapists to cheat on billing. This was reported to them as I was rehab manager and they chose to ignore it. Not an ethical or moral company in any way. Sad.
Good hourly rates
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Glendale WiNovember 6, 2018
Select Rehab has been a good and fair employer. The facilities they are in can be limited in the professional setting. Limited contact with upper management is somewhat concerning.
poor management
Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILAugust 30, 2018
It was a stressful job setting, with poor communication between management and therapy workers. Tend to keep patients on case load long after their was any benefit from therapy services.
Pros
most therapy co-workers were excellent to work with
Cons
manager constantly going outside to smoke
Work with many facets of cultures.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILSeptember 5, 2018
Opportunity to work with variety of people from within community and from afar. Ability to work with seasoned therapists as well as new graduates. Great way to learn from many therapists.
Pros
Working with variety of people with vast knowledge.
Cons
Productivity, occasionally difficult to get response to questions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Select Rehabilitation. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about