Select Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

Great flexability
PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILSeptember 10, 2018
Select is a great company to work for as they have great flexibility, good benefits, and a relaxed and happy work atmosphere. Great online continuing education programs.
Large money hungry company
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 9, 2018
High productivity standards of 90% for assistants. They also might ask you to clock out in between patients or do documentation/progress notes/screens while clocked out to meet productivity. No raises, no paid holidays. If you have a good DOR then it may be bearable.
Pros
plenty of buildings to travel to if caseload is low
Cons
no raises, unrealistic productivity, you're just a warm body to fill a space
Good co worker. Beautiful facilities
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 3, 2018
Good co workers.
Current manager is very judgmental and watch every move.
The other facility has excellent managers: fair, and able to approach.
The building are beautiful.
Pros
Nice co-worker
Cons
No lunch break.
poor management
Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILAugust 30, 2018
It was a stressful job setting, with poor communication between management and therapy workers. Tend to keep patients on case load long after their was any benefit from therapy services.
Pros
most therapy co-workers were excellent to work with
Cons
manager constantly going outside to smoke
Stressful Contract Company
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NYAugust 28, 2018
Contracted at Lutheran home, employees are not welcoming of therapy staff. Very poorly treated. Unreasonable expectations of productivity for treatments of residents.
Keep looking!!!!! Your degree is worth more!
SLP (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 22, 2018
High productivity. No support. No materials available expect you to provide Only tests available were MOCAand SLUMS. Fraud prevalent to meet high productivity. Company looks the other way No raises, holiday pay or vacation. Your PTO is suppose to cover all includ No sick time. Two weeks for holidays sick time and vacation is not a good work/life balance. High turn over. Manager told SLP to not order MBSS without ok from regional! No support of clinical competency. Focus is on meeting minutes to make money. Do not recommend this company. No pay for cont Ed. Make you use their cont ed which is worthless. No leaders from field just staff reading a power point. Ugh!
Pros
No pros. Do not recommend.
Cons
Managers are only interest in reaching minutes. Observed manager to talk on phone while treating pt.
Care less for Employees
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PAAugust 20, 2018
Money driven corporation. Not a very clean environment to work in. Residents are not properly taken care of and possible neglect occurs in facility. This is a get your units no matter how type of corporation. borderline fraudulent.
Pros
not many
Cons
a whole lot
Fast paced therapy
Therapy Program Manager/Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIAugust 8, 2018
Select does not allow enough time for documentation, however the compensation is great. Not enough time to get patients, if there is a tech they are usually busy with the manager
Its and "ok" company to work for
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant/Licensed (Current Employee) –  Bartow FL and Lakeland FLJuly 20, 2018
I don't really have much to say about this company other than its an "ok" company to work for, and besides the point that the job will burn you out after a year.
Productive and Nice Environment
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant/Licensed (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 17, 2018
The company I currently work for has many hardworking and caring people at all levels of this company. The therapist work as a team to ensure patients are receiving the best care and therapy services each and every day.

The overall culture is very high paced, friendly and supportive. The therapist are willing to go the extra mile in order to support each other, and make the therapy department an enjoyable experience for their patients and families.
Pros
Nice environment and great therapist.
Cons
I do not have have any complaints regarding this company..
Challenging and rewarding
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJuly 4, 2018
productivity standards can be a challenge in this environment. Especially when dealing with elderly residents who can have a multitude of diagnosis that can interfere with rational thought, and physical ability.
Brookestone Acres in Columbus, NE is a fun place to work.
Staff Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NEMay 11, 2018
I love working for Select Rehab at the Brookestone Acres facility. I also fill in occasionally at Heritage of Bel Air in Norfolk. The rehab staff is very fun and the care in general in both facilities is excellent. I thoroughly love working with the elderly and in the skilled nursing setting.
Pros
I love my co workers.
Cons
I would like to work more hours and see more patients.
good place to work
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  White Lake, MIMay 9, 2018
I still work at select rehabilitation. The convienence of the location and hours are wonderful. co-workers are amazing and it is a very relaxed work place to work
Great place to work with amazing therapy staff!
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palatka, FLMay 1, 2018
I honestly enjoy being a part of Select Rehab's therapy staff. I had to relocate last year on FMLA but am back on staff and grateful to work for such a great company and would recommend this company to others. Our DOR's at both locations that I will be working PRN for are both knowledgeable on what it takes to have a proactive and caring environment to promote a healing and positive experience for each patient.
Great company
Certified Occupation Therapy Assistant (COTA) (Current Employee) –  Wynnewood, PAApril 26, 2018
Select Rehabilitation is a wonderful company to work for. They are one of the few companies who hire new grads and they take the time to mentor new employees in an effort to mold them into great practitioners. Their hourly wage in the most competitive as well.
Productive and fun workplace
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 26, 2018
Select encourages a relaxed and collaborative environment. While working for this company, I have grown immensely both personally and professionally. Management always respected the clinician and clinician needs and maintained an ethically sound environment.
fair
Director of Rehab (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 26, 2018
It was an ok company to work for. My direct supervisor was a very sweet lady but sometimes it felt that she didn't have my back. The best part of the jodb was that we didn't waste too much time on meetings, they were quick and to the point
Pros
benefits were great
Cons
i guess lack of support?
Job Summary
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILApril 15, 2018
After the 1st year I worked there, they very accommodating and a very confortable. Then after about 1/2 of my second year I there they said I was working too slow that one of my co-worker can run circles around me, which I felt was age discrimination and I felt that was an very insulting.
Pros
Free lunch on thursday.
Cons
everything else besides free lunch.
Program Manager with little support from higher management
Program Manager/Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 31, 2018
I am a SPL and was hired as a PD and SLP. Was transferred and no longer was able to treat more than 2hrs a day and this was not the best environment for me. I love treating patients and working collaboratively with patients, family and co-workers to provide the best patient care. The most difficult part of my job was not treating patients. Managing the therapy program was somewhat challenging however, was not fulfilling. The most enjoyable part of my job was when the other SLP was on vacation and I was able to treat more. This was more challenging due to still having to complete managerial duties, and the hours at those times was longer but worth it to participate in treating patients
Unethical, stressful and they do not have your back
Staff Therapist (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 24, 2018
Expect you to be unethical, day you have to be 85% productive, lots of off the clock work, stressful, no support, do not help you learn or grow. Definitely not family oriented and do not care about your health or families. Poor supervision, lack of help. Never would recommend them to anyone!
Cons
Poor management, no backup, unethical

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Select Rehabilitation. Our community is ready to answer.