Select Specialty Hospital Employee Reviews

I really enjoy working here.
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 13, 2018
I like working with my staff at Select from the CEO down to the housekeeping staff.We are like a big family. We have a wonderful team that cares for our patients like their own family.
what I learned
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 7, 2018
The hardest part of my job is trying to see family knowing that the patient condition is not getting any better. Sadly, it can take toll on you as well as the family.
Ok place to work.
Lab. Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 2, 2018
Opportunity to work in a setting to get experience in starting a lab from ground up and working to establish protocol for all lab employees to work in a stable environment.
Pros
set my own hours
Cons
Great pay and bonuses, fast paced
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 2, 2018
It is a great place to work. Great pay Great scheduling system, many opportunites for bonuses as well. The work is busy and fast paced.I have worked there 3 years. I really enjoyed taking care of these patients. They are patients who have had a long ICU stay mostly and they need so much care to recover some sembalance of their former lives.
Excellent Pay and Advancement opportunities
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Powell, TNJuly 26, 2018
Excellent pay! Great sign on bonus. The managers really work with you as much as they can to help you. They have an open door policy and I feel that it truly is open door. I like the app they have to schedule yourself, swap, drop shifts if needed. They have daily safety huddles each shift so that everyone can be on the same page about the patients. Charge nurses are excellent! They welcome new grads, nurses with career changes, etc. They offer excellent training! It is hard work but the pay is the best you will find. The standing all the time is difficult some days but I say that to let people know what they are getting into. You will get exercise but don't let that scare you. You will learn a lot. Offered after a year is option to earn Bachelor's degree which would be paid for via scholarship. Quarterly bonuses are available once you are eligible. Infection control is the best I have ever seen in any facility!
Pros
Pay scale, When I work app, schedule, co-workers, mgmt, infection control
Cons
Hard work-on feet all the time-but to be expected
Please Stay Away
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 26, 2018
This company is terrible. They do not tell the truth upon hire. They said the patient to nurse ratio would be 4 to 5 patients. No it was more like 5 to 6 which is straight out dangerous for the type of patients they have. If you read more reviews this is a constant complaint. They do not honor anything they say! There is a reason there are openings all the time. As a new graduate I would go somewhere else to get experience. They also will not find a way to not pay your bonus. Management will not support you. They support only the patients because that is where this company is making its money. The hiring process is ridiculous and they do not have a clue when a quality nurse is sitting in front of them. I have never seen a place where honesty will get you kicked in the face. They are missing out on good quality nurses because they don't know the difference.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Everything!
Good Leadership
Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44120July 24, 2018
Always short staffed with RN's and CNA.
Stressful at times.
Census low most of the time.
Productive staff.
Good work atmosphere
Benefits are worth it.
Great learning opportunity
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 23, 2018
I had alot of great co workers that were able to teach me which made it easy to expand my knowledge. I hope to be able to share what I've learned with others one day.
Stressful with lack of managment support
Clinical Liaison (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 15, 2018
Orientation was sub-optimal with continued lack of support from upper management. The position was very stressful with daily pressures from direct as well as upper management.
My Review
Select Specialty Hospital Clinical Nurse Liaison (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2018
I enjoyed the other Liaisons I worked with and the CM's in the area hospitals that I worked along side of , management was ridiculous...

I learned a lot, being in the ICU w/ RN's and MD's, The work place culture with the new Lead and DBD was one of dictatorship recently. The hardest part of my job was not believing in the product I was selling and in return pts and families suffered.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being in the hospital and helping families through an extremely tough time.....
Poor Work Environment enforced by Poor Management.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 30, 2018
Worked there for about 3 months in the dietary department, from the head down to aides there was nothing but dysfunction and discord. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone unless of course you want to deal with messy individuals that are allowed to act any way they choose because the manager does nothing about it. Trust me, you could flip burgers at Wendy's and deal with less drama. Save yourself a headache.
Pros
Cooking is my first love and my coworkers seemed to really appreciate my gift.
Cons
Poor management, work culture a mess, poor work environment
staff works together well to acheive goals
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 28, 2018
stressful at times.
census low at times.
sometimes equipment not in great repair.
productive staff.
good work atmosphere,
great benefits.
nursing staff works well with other disciplines.
Growth
TECH (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 25, 2018
I learned to be a team player. Very busy environment. The most enjoyable job is getting to work with different types of people. Excellent benefits! Always on your toes!
Enjoyable
Surgical Tech II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2018
I loved working for Select but were always short staffed. My management skills improved. The hardest part of the workplace was the turnover rate was extremely high. Loved the fact it was a small rehab hospital, it made the personal aspect with patients very inviting.
Pros
open door policy
Cons
turnover rate extremely high
It's Doable at the least.
CNA / UC / Tele Tech / AC (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 23, 2018
If you show dedication loyalty and have a good work ethic while working good with others and can handle stress you may succeed here. It truly does take a special person to work here though if you want to take care good care of your patients. Management has changed often.. I've seen every role of management be replaced in the few years I've been here. Right now I do have a sense of longevity with our current management, so that is good. It is a demanding place to work but those who take pride in what they do for a living here excel. Very complex patients with high expectations from families. In my opinion, there are times that patient loads are a little much but with some staff it's very manageable. They offer tuition reimbursements for students and work around your home schedules. I've learned a lot through select and plan to keep my employment here for a while longer.
Pros
Close relationships and supportive co-workers, Self scheduling, Advancement opportunities for those that put forth valid efforts, Learning opportunities up the wazoo.
Cons
A lot of call ins, Short staffed often, Some staff is not held accountable.
friendly nursing staff, nice but unfair management, overall' room for improvement
floor tech (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 23, 2018
a typical day for me starts with trash removal, collecting bio, replenish can liners where needed, dust mop all floors, auto scrub all floors, sweep & mop stairwells, clean & shine elevators, other duties as needed. cannot say that i've learn anything new. management is ok but unfair with equal opportunity for advancements. there is an diverse culture here that blends nicely. the hardest part of my job stripping wax off of floors and the most enjoyable part is getting complements from different ones on how well the floors look when i'm finish.
Very good Long Term Acute Care.
Staff RN/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 22, 2018
Good mission, purpose, and ideals for caring for patients needing care in med-surg setting. Convenient location for Tulsa area. Staff works diligently to meet goals for patients.
terrible work environment for Respiratory Therapist
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 22, 2018
Dont do it! Not allowed to use clinical skills. Bad working relationship between RRT's and nursing staff. Old, outdated equipment. Ridiculous issues such as not having enough seats for staff etc.
Flexible schedule is great
RN (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 20, 2018
Good place to work. Very Diverse. No other comments available at this time. I am looking for work closer to my home and do not know why you even want me to fill out this question.
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
Scheduled weekends and Holidays
Low Morale
Rather not say for fear of retribution. (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 14, 2018
Management is ineffective and cliquish. Morale has steadily gone downhill during my tenure. Employees are frequently threatened with/ receive demerit points for illness (even with a doctor's note), family emergencies, etc. Employee and management turnover rate is enormous.
Pros
Some very kind and caring people work there.
Cons
Lazy workers far outnumber the active. Very, very understaffed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Select Specialty Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight