Play YouTube video button

United States1,233 reviews
Found 1,233 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Select Specialty Hospital selected this as a representative review
I love working at Select Specialty Hospital. My job helps me grow by learning new things each day. I have learned a lot in all the years I've worked for them.
Pros
my job have barbecues, give out turkeys, have different types of games.
Cons
I dont have anything bad at the moment to say about my job. Others might think differently but, I've been there for four years and enjoyed all four years.
I used to enjoy my career and working here. I've had a front row ticket to the downfall of this hospital over the last few years and it has not been pleasant. The CNO is childish and throws tantrums on each unit and singles out staff frequently. Advancement is based on popularity. I have worked side by side with the nurses who were praised and advanced here, who provided subpar care, forget about mobility, personal care and repositioning. House supervisors frequently punish staff with the nursing assignments. The facility is completely understaffed, and patient care is lacking. Drama thrives here, and the administrators and leadership feed into it and encourage the behavior.
August 3, 2020
Please contact me at bamorrill@selectmedical.com so that I can get more information regarding your experience. I will follow up on this once we connect. Thank you.
No management support. Unfriendly staff. Nurses do VS/FSBS. Unsafe assignments. No respect from CNA’s. Patients are total train wrecks. Not worth your license.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Management, Unsafe Assignments, Environment
August 3, 2020
Please contact me at bamorrill@selectmedical.com so that I can get some more information regarding your feedback and follow up with the appropriate leaders. Thank you.
Loved working as acute care nurse, even worked over time every time asked because felt supported and appreciated. When you can’t work overtime you go from being appreciated to NOT.
Down to earth management providing tools to enable employees to perform their duties, family like atmosphere for new hire, competitive wages compared to other healthcare facilities in wichita
August 3, 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback! We appreciate the care that you provide for our patients and for sharing your new hire experience.
The team is great. Patients outcomes are great. Pay is good. Opportunities to work as many hours as you want. Management team is great. The culture is diverse! Overall great place to work
Great coworkers and teammates. I love working there. The expectations are the same as far as job requirements. You should be a motivated person and love what you do.
Pros
Block schedule
She threatened staff that she would write you up and can get licenses suspended. After that more than 1/2 staff quit job. Even new staff she hired almost all quit. Only nurses on night shift that were wrong color were harassed and fired. Worked there many years was very happy till this cno came. The whole place fell apart. At one point had no cno and we did well with all the staff working together. The new staff hired were not critical care they mainly came from SNF. There us very few older staff left that have been there for years. They have changed management completely at least 2 x in last couple of years.
Pros
The staff was great what was left
Cons
Everything else
July 28, 2020
Select Medical has zero tolerance for discriminatory behavior. All reported incidents are promptly and fully investigated. If proven and validated, those who engage in such unacceptable and irresponsible acts will be terminated. We would like to speak with you about your experience. Please contact our Chief Compliance Officer Robert Breighner at RBreighner@selectmedical.com or 717-975-4535.
Everyone is all smiles in the beginning, expected to do everything for every patient PT/RT/CNA, woundcare, turn patient, feed patients, bath, pass trays, stay on top of pain meds and IVs, answer call lights, address family complaints, pass ice...bare minimum help as a team.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work as a team, No room for advancement, favortism, never enough for management
Poor management,Do you scare tactics so that you will do whatever they say. You’re forced in the weekends. Patients families calling you satisfied with the care of they are getting at the hospital. Both CEOs of each building find each other for patients. You’re not allowed to tell the patients that there is a nicer building 4 miles from the other one because you’ll get in trouble from the CEO.
Pros
Cons
They work you to death
Charge nurses and coworkers were wonderful...we were family and a team that worked together on the nightshift..my charge nurses were approachable and always answered my questions regarding protocol if I was unsure..RT<RN<CNA worked together as team and worked well together..i was a different race than the entire shift...never treated any different that any other worker,,until new Corporate CNO arrived ...harassed me gave me most difficult assignments because of my race was different then hers...and coworkers picked up on this before i even did,,,and bought it to my attention,,that was the hardest part of the job..to be viewed as something less due to skincolor..i made some lifelong associates and friends...many excellent disciplines and most are very unhappy especially nurses our workload has increased tenfold with no help...we do everything,labdraws,vsQ4,bs/fs,QCtesting,insulin admin with verified cosigner which takes a lot of time to find...so many tasks added at 6am it is impossible to complete or do well, and has created burnout among the nurses..hardest part to be stuck on Covid side for months with 6 or more patients and inappropriate PPE..broken hard stiff ergonomically deficit caising neck spasms and pinched nurves frm the wrist up to the neck...chairs to low computer cant swivel for proper viewing without straining neck or back...causing pain and severe discomfort while working on inappropriate chair height no lumber support causing pain to hip and knee joints..those plastic chairs are made for elementary sized children , not adults,but i stayed because of the great - more...
Pros
great charge nurses, rts, rns, cnas, great teamwork and camarodity
Cons
no coffeemaker, no cafeteria, no food delivery, weekly increase of tasks and duties
July 28, 2020
Management very manipulative, cant trust what is being said no support from Corp office, CEO never there, call ins all the time, too clicky not professional
Pros
Pto time
Cons
Distrust, back biting
Ratio of patient per nurse is ridiculous, 5 patients and no tech at times to help, supervisor is always in the office.
Very pushy environment, to much work
Typical day I come in see which employee called in for the night rearrange the floor assignment. Then I would count the narcotics in the meddispense with the day time charge nurse. After that we would do walking rounds on all the patients on the floor. Then I would count the employees to make sure everyone showed up. Then I would see how many admissions we had coming. For each admission take report on the patient then call the doctor and get admission orders, then enter the orders in HMS system and then have to do a head to toe skin assessment on the patient and take pictures and measurements of any wounds the patient came with. The pictures must be done within 8 hours of admission or we become responsible for that wound. Then I respond to any emergencies on the floor run the RRT team as well as the code team. I also have to change dressings on picc lines and dialysis catheters when they are outdated or soiled. I also have to take pictures and measurements of any new wounds that are found on a patient and write an incident report. I have to conduct debriefing huddles with the staff for any patient that falls or rips out a central line or feeding tube and then write an incident report. I have to handle any patient or family complaints, argument between coworkers. Then conduct a safety huddle to see which patients are having problems, procedures, discharge or in restraints. I then have to get charge report from the nurses on all the patients then calculate the acuity scores. I then have to make the assignment for the next night and handle any call in for the next oncoming shift
Pros
For the most part I loved my coworkers
Cons
Too much micromanaging
Usually, it was too much for one nurse and not safe for patients. It is unacceptable to run nurses at 150%, 100% of the time. Acuity was not considered which puts patients at risk. Disrespectful aides, coworkers and managers.
July 13, 2020
Please contact me at bamorrill@selectmedical.com so that I can get some more detailed information and follow up on your concerns. Thank you.
The worst place I ever worked at . The management was unprofessional. I felt like I was being bullied. The staff argued a lot.

I would not recommend working there.
Pros
Cons
I left
Been with this company since 1991. From floor,nurse to charge nurse and now in the DQM role. Outstanding culture and,great benefits. Lots of room to grow.
The company doesn't respect you and the leadership team follows suit. There was countless time I was being write up or pulled into HR. This company only looks at you as a number
Cons
The pay is highest in the area. Plus you learn tons! I love my coworker and enjoy my job. However management is a big problem. I think they see $$$ instead of patient care and employees.
Pros
Salary highest in city
Cons
Management micromanaging
Select Specialty at TOW is a diverse workplace with creative, innovative, productive and respectful coworkers and leaders. Here, employees from different backgrounds and cultures can comfortably work together, share their perspectives and ideas, and contribute to a diverse team without pressure or fear being judged.
No! Not a safe work environment....................
Unsafe for nurses, ......... bad company ....... think about it for awhile before choosing this company ......... No!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else!!!
July 13, 2020
Please contact me at bamorrill@selectmedical.com. I would like to get some more information from you and follow up on your concerns. Thank you.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Select Specialty Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.9
Ratings from women
2.4
InHerSight Score
1.9Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight