Select Specialty Hospital Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PADecember 14, 2018
Great Place to work
Very strong nursing roles that allow for teaching and advancements in learning.
Clean environment helpful staff, great benefits provided
Poor management
Admissions (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 11, 2018
The “leadership” team is cliquey and treat you like you’re beneath them even when you may have the same degree as them. No room for advancement or growth in the company.
Pros
Benefits are ok
Admissions
Admissions Liaison (Former Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 8, 2018
After reporting for work it was always a good idea to see if case managers had anyone ready for discharge and in need of LTAC services. Making rounds to each floor for possible discharges.

Referrals and pending discharges required attention. Then on to attend a 9am meeting. This was usually a waste of time, due to staffing at hospital poor and inability to accept new patients due to staffing.

Work on new referrals and prepare families for admission. Hospital staff required transfer information.

Leader was controlling and completed tasks without you knowing and then when you completed...you had to cancel yours.

Other liaisons sat at home and did all their work over the phone b/c they were not assigned one hospital.

Needless to say, I learned what I do not want in a leader!

The job it's self was not difficult, just trying at times.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Management wound tell non-truths to get pt admitted in LTAC
Select Spec.
Telemetry Tech/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSDecember 7, 2018
I much enjoyed working for this company. I was able to advance and receive my Telemetry Certification. I've worked here two separate times in my life and loved it each time!
Good place to work to keep skills
RN (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 6, 2018
allows you to keep your critical skills in an acute care setting; diverse patient population; diverse workplace population; enjoy my colleagues and work environment
Select is the most rewarding job I have ever had!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 5, 2018
I absolutely love working at Select Specialty Hospital, Wichita! I am going on four years here and have seen so many positive changes. Leadership is very caring. Patients are first and foremost and we bring hope to so many families and their loved ones. In addition, there is a great work culture which is so positive for the staff! This organization is fabulous for those that want to excel and move up. Each day is exciting and full of rewarding challenges. If you want to make a difference this is the place for you!
Pros
Great doctors and clinical staff. Teamwork
Cons
only 48 beds
Working environment
Staff/Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 5, 2018
I'm having a difficult time to work there. Computer system is very old and hard to work. I don't feel I got the support from the managment. Employee Benefits is not that good.
Pros
Supervisor is supoortive
Cons
The company policy is very difficult for employee
disorganized with high turn over
RN (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 3, 2018
I was interviewed and offered a position. Pay was a bit low. Long interview process. 4 interviews then offered position. Was never given dates for orientation until day before orientation and it was a voicemail left on my phone at 7pm. I was working PRN so i had my schedule for my other job. Then was told sorry they just hired a new HR person so they didnt do things the right way. Then told me i would have to wait til the following month for orientation. fast forward 3 months later and again last minute info and finding out that orientation was 5days long I decided that this was not the job for me.
FYI,multiple CNO's in the past few years,high turnover.
Pros
close to my house The CEO was nice
Cons
everything else.
Great place to work to learn critical nursing skills.
Travel Nurse (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHDecember 2, 2018
I have been employed off and on for Select for 24 years. It is a great place to work to learn critical nursing skills and time management. It is hard work, but very worth it.
Do not put your license on the line working here
RN (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 30, 2018
very stressful, cut throat, CEO continues to run managers out, never held accountable, a lot of favoritism, bring in a union or close it never seen a company that has such high turnover. everyday you never know what you are walking into.
Pros
flex time
Cons
not enough space
great working enviorment
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 30, 2018
the time spent at select was great educational tool for me and greatly advanced my knowledge in the respiratory field. There were always new opportunities for learning.
Great staff and management! Challenging environment
Prefer not to say (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 28, 2018
You will learn so much and grow professionally. There are opportunities to advance and management is helpful if you ask. Suggestions and feedback are appreciated and valued. Staff are genuinely nice and work hard. This is not an easy job and it will challenge you but the patient outcomes are worth the effort! Quality is expected in every role and aspect of care. It continues to get better every day! To be successful you have to be a team player and care about the patients above all else. Excellent new grad program for RN and perks for CCRN. This hospital is really improving and rewarding to work with!
Pros
Great staff and management, learning experience
Cons
none, but must work hard and apply yourself fully to the job
Better place to work, good leadership.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 28, 2018
It is all about patient care with family involvement while being aware of the cultural diversity in that process. Select is an LTAC hospital with most patients who land there from ICU. So they are somehow critical but stable. It's challenging for new grads.
Career advancement
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MINovember 28, 2018
The leadership team recognizes hard-working employees and promotes within based on knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics. I enjoyed my time working with this organization.
Cut throat
RRT (Former Employee) –  Wyandotte, MINovember 27, 2018
workload is unmanageable and the staff around is constantly trying to get you in trouble, I was contract and me and other employees always felt like we had to prove ourselves. Just not a good place to work.
Typical Day
Cook (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 23, 2018
My day at Select Specialty Hospital consisted of making cafe entrees for the hospital staff. I would follow the recipe and use time management skills to get the food done before cafe hours.
Productive and challenging
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHNovember 19, 2018
Typical day at work was 12 Medical Staff personnel to 16 patient rooms. Consistently busy day.
Coworkers were great to work with.
Hardest part of the job was lifting patients.
Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the patients.
Professional atmosphere, encouraged cooperative team approach, community mined, true committment to the well being of employees
Staff Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLNovember 19, 2018
Team conference , up date on all patient's status, assignments, get patient's up list , mobility plan, physician rounds, physician care plan, consistent communication with upper staff, case management meeting for D/C options , respiratiory rounds with therapy, family greet and meet. Diverse culture attitude, hardest part is when you had to say good-bye, comforting familys. Best part the Wall of Fame, success stories of prior clients, and when they came back to vist to say Hi.
Pros
Activity community, monthly BD, Kudos recognition, quarter staff meetings
Cons
Hour drive to get to work
Good place to work!
RN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 16, 2018
It was a healthy environment! Staff was great! The time focused on patients was not necessarily favorable duemto he fact that nurse patient ratios were so high. But teamwork's expected and carried out at this facility and upper management was always willing to help whenever needed.
Pros
Teamwork!
Cons
Long commute to work!
Good starter job for students in the medical field
Unit Secretary/Telemonitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLNovember 14, 2018
I am a student looking into being admitted into a nursing program. Working as a Unit Secretary/Telemonitor Technician I have learned so much. Being immersed in the hospital environment really allows you to gain good experience in the medical field while still being a student.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Select Specialty Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight