Select Specialty Hospital Employee Reviews

My Review
Select Specialty Hospital Clinical Nurse Liaison (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2018
I enjoyed the other Liaisons I worked with and the CM's in the area hospitals that I worked along side of , management was ridiculous...

I learned a lot, being in the ICU w/ RN's and MD's, The work place culture with the new Lead and DBD was one of dictatorship recently. The hardest part of my job was not believing in the product I was selling and in return pts and families suffered.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being in the hospital and helping families through an extremely tough time.....
Poor Work Environment enforced by Poor Management.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 30, 2018
Worked there for about 3 months in the dietary department, from the head down to aides there was nothing but dysfunction and discord. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone unless of course you want to deal with messy individuals that are allowed to act any way they choose because the manager does nothing about it. Trust me, you could flip burgers at Wendy's and deal with less drama. Save yourself a headache.
Pros
Cooking is my first love and my coworkers seemed to really appreciate my gift.
Cons
Poor management, work culture a mess, poor work environment
staff works together well to acheive goals
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 28, 2018
stressful at times.
census low at times.
sometimes equipment not in great repair.
productive staff.
good work atmosphere,
great benefits.
nursing staff works well with other disciplines.
Growth
TECH (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 25, 2018
I learned to be a team player. Very busy environment. The most enjoyable job is getting to work with different types of people. Excellent benefits! Always on your toes!
Enjoyable
Surgical Tech II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2018
I loved working for Select but were always short staffed. My management skills improved. The hardest part of the workplace was the turnover rate was extremely high. Loved the fact it was a small rehab hospital, it made the personal aspect with patients very inviting.
Pros
open door policy
Cons
turnover rate extremely high
It's Doable at the least.
CNA / UC / Tele Tech / AC (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 23, 2018
If you show dedication loyalty and have a good work ethic while working good with others and can handle stress you may succeed here. It truly does take a special person to work here though if you want to take care good care of your patients. Management has changed often.. I've seen every role of management be replaced in the few years I've been here. Right now I do have a sense of longevity with our current management, so that is good. It is a demanding place to work but those who take pride in what they do for a living here excel. Very complex patients with high expectations from families. In my opinion, there are times that patient loads are a little much but with some staff it's very manageable. They offer tuition reimbursements for students and work around your home schedules. I've learned a lot through select and plan to keep my employment here for a while longer.
Pros
Close relationships and supportive co-workers, Self scheduling, Advancement opportunities for those that put forth valid efforts, Learning opportunities up the wazoo.
Cons
A lot of call ins, Short staffed often, Some staff is not held accountable.
friendly nursing staff, nice but unfair management, overall' room for improvement
floor tech (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 23, 2018
a typical day for me starts with trash removal, collecting bio, replenish can liners where needed, dust mop all floors, auto scrub all floors, sweep & mop stairwells, clean & shine elevators, other duties as needed. cannot say that i've learn anything new. management is ok but unfair with equal opportunity for advancements. there is an diverse culture here that blends nicely. the hardest part of my job stripping wax off of floors and the most enjoyable part is getting complements from different ones on how well the floors look when i'm finish.
Very good Long Term Acute Care.
Staff RN/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 22, 2018
Good mission, purpose, and ideals for caring for patients needing care in med-surg setting. Convenient location for Tulsa area. Staff works diligently to meet goals for patients.
terrible work environment for Respiratory Therapist
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 22, 2018
Dont do it! Not allowed to use clinical skills. Bad working relationship between RRT's and nursing staff. Old, outdated equipment. Ridiculous issues such as not having enough seats for staff etc.
Flexible schedule is great
RN (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 20, 2018
Good place to work. Very Diverse. No other comments available at this time. I am looking for work closer to my home and do not know why you even want me to fill out this question.
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
Scheduled weekends and Holidays

Want to know more about Select Specialty Hospital?

Ask a question
Low Morale
Rather not say for fear of retribution. (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 14, 2018
Management is ineffective and cliquish. Morale has steadily gone downhill during my tenure. Employees are frequently threatened with/ receive demerit points for illness (even with a doctor's note), family emergencies, etc. Employee and management turnover rate is enormous.
Pros
Some very kind and caring people work there.
Cons
Lazy workers far outnumber the active. Very, very understaffed.
Working longe term with ICU ppatient with multiple complex conditions
staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 14, 2018
Great place to work if you want to provide quality care in a high tech setting with ICU beds . Charge nurse for 52 LTACH patients. Arranged team assignments managed work load, patient care when not enough staff. Monitored telemetry, administered cardiac drips. moderate sedation vent care
hard work but good experience
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INJune 13, 2018
The work here was hard, but excellent to gain experience with tracheostomy care and vents. nice people to work with they were always helpful, and they gave free coffee and donuts.
Pros
close to home
Cons
very sick patients
Fast Paced, High Stress, but Rewarding!
Staff Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Town and Country, MOJune 11, 2018
Select Specialty at Town and Country is a new facility that is going to achieve great things! I am so glad to be a part of a new hospital that really cares about their patients and their employees. There have been a few hiccups along the way that come with opening a new facility, but nothing that hasn't been addressed and one wouldn't expect with a new place. Management takes patient satisfaction and safety to a whole other level. Nurse to patient ratio is low and charge nurses don't take a patient assignment. There is always lots of support and the CNO is very involved with what is going on, on the floor. CNAs are well respected. Only thing I will say is call ins, tardiness, and disrespectful natures are not tolerated. This place is definitely classy!
Pros
low nurse to patient ratio, involved management, lots of support and resources
Cons
growing pains, new facility
Work needed
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 8, 2018
I believe in LTACH support for those families who need that extra time for healing and extra physician support. Corporate really needs to weed out the clicks and get with the business being a hospital and stand by there team.
Pros
opportunity for advancement
Cons
Stop taking advantage of the ones who really care in their job place.
No job security
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Town and Country, MOJune 6, 2018
Nurses are terminated because the management are more concerned about their ego rather than the quality of nursing care. The supervisors are knowledgeable and fair but the management makes their job difficult. Excellent nurses are being terminated for no plausible reason including agency nurses. Zero job security. The charting system is archaic because they still use paper charting formats. The blind is leading the blind. RN's are treated as expendable.
Pros
Staff to patient ratio, competitive pay
Cons
NO JOB SECURITY rather full-time or agency
Good short term job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 4, 2018
This job is only good for a while. Not something anyone would want long-term. Management has gone down hill and they don't truly care about their employee's.
Pros
Coworkers
Work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 29, 2018
Love the people that I have been blessed to work with and the patients as well. It is a friendly environment to work in, but no room for growth for me.
Challenging Environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMay 27, 2018
Rewarding but challenging RN job. Work is fast paced and detail oriented. Must have exceptional organization skills as well as great clinical knowledge.
Pretty good company to work for until...
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 25, 2018
Had a good experience, modified self schedule was like I got to choose every day to work or be off, great especially because I worked nights. Until they bought another hospital 3 hours away and started staffing 2 facilities with one staff, then things got annoying, no one know what was going on with management, breakdown in communication and more stress among staff. Though, I'm sure, after a while now it's improved.
Pros
Sometimes chose own schedule
Cons
typical health care, too many with too few to staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Select Specialty Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight