Select Specialty Hospital

Omaha, NE24 reviews

Found 24 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,589 reviews

Select Specialty Hospital insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Great place to work and great team

A very enjoyable place to work with a great working team who always help each other out. The CNA's and nurses work well together as a team and don't hesitate to help each other out.

Pay is very good. Bonuses often offered. Admission process is not employee friendly. Could be better.

I feel valued. I am paid well. My hours are good. The worst part of the job is the admits. We often dont get notification until they are almost there and getting correct information about an admitting patient is almost impossible. You have to call the place they are coming from.

Pros

Patients. Free lunches, good bonuses.

Cons

Short breaks, understaffed offering extra shifts all the time.

Poor Management, NO teamwork,

The management does not care about their employees. Everything is always a disaster. There is a no fault attendance policy so no matter what you will ALWAYS be pointed. It is everyone against everyone. Management picks and chooses who they like and everyone else is left to crash and burn. The patients are so ill and the compassion is not there. I could never imagine sending my family member there. Working there isnt much different.

Pros

The patients

Cons

no teamwork, no compassion

Official response from Select Specialty Hospital

November 9, 2020
Please reach out to me at bamorrill@selectmedical.com so that I can get some more information from you and follow up with the appropriate leaders within Select Medical.

I loved the job but the management was the worst. DON too young, bad attitude. Was not a friendly boss at all. Not a good place to work at all. Rude!!

over loaded on patients

The orientation needed to improve, and the patient verses Nursing ration needs to be taken in account with the complexity of the patients. Needs management to support staffing needs.

Official response from Select Specialty Hospital

February 24, 2020
We work very hard to provide a comprehensive orientation for our new employees and I am sorry to hear that it was not positive. Please contact me at bamorrill@selectmedical.com and I will share this information with the appropriate contacts. Thank you.

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Feedback

Was a fun workplace at first. But end up being way too many turn overs in a short period of time. Hardly no patients at a point, so that would cause you to use a lot of your PTO’s. The company would have a lot of potential’s with the right type of management.

Poor Corporate Leadership

Clinics Corporate leadership support is non existent. They expect everything to be done at the drop of a hat with no support or encouragement. Many of the CNAs are only there for a check. They don’t care about the patients and lack any kind of professionalism. They’re lazy and aren’t team players unless they’re friends with each other. The night shift sits on their phone watching videos. The receptionists are amazing. They are so friendly and know everyone. Depending on your position, work life balance is good. Most local leadership is there for the right reasons and truly do care about the patients.

Great place to work.

I have been a RN for 25 years. I have worked in many different settings, from peds, home health, quality, critical care. The team, culture at Omaha Select is on of the best I have worked with. I had been out of critical care for a few years. To say the least, I was nervous. Select takes cares of critically sick, heavy care patients. My onboarding, orientation was excellent. Orientation, even for a seasoned RN, is NO less than 12 weeks. I have seen reviews about Select that state orientation was only for 12 shifts. This is completely false!!! The RN team is excellent. You need help, have questions the other RNs are always available to help. The CNA team is outstanding!! We have the best PTs, OTs, STs, RDs, wound care, liaisons and management. Again, we all work as a team! We laugh. We enjoy the tough, fulfilling work together as a team. Our outcomes are the proof in the pudding.

Pros

Teamwork

Lots of opportunity for learning

Management was fair. Flexible schedule, good pay and benefits. Training was excellent. Very busy job, complicated patients. Opportunities to really use all your nursing skills.

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Fair management

Cons

for me 12hr shifts

Do Not Work Here Run!!!!

If you like to work in a hostile work environment with the purpose of effect of harming others this is the place for you! This place is a joke...I’ve witnessed WORK PLACE BULLYING at its finest and it still continues on. Unfair monitoring, constant criticism, spreading malicious rumors, removing duties the list goes on. If you have any issues or concerns don’t bank on anyone being for you but being against you! Lack of maturity and integrity will lie on others to disguise their failings on others. Focusing on petty fault finding and generate conflict and also personal pollution projecting their own negative stuff on others creating confusing and uncertainty with others. Select might use team language but they are not team players and you also have people that are in management positions that are incompetent and don’t know which way is up or down. Everyone wants to be the boss and at times it gets confusing to who is who and what position they hold because everybody is to busy trying to tell others what to do and they are not even in a management position! Select has employees that have personality problems and their behavior is unlikely to change they have lack of empathy, emotional illiteracy, addiction to power and that is very disturbing!!! HR is just as crooked as they come not to be TRUSTED AT ALL A BIG SNAKE! CNO IS A DEER CAUGHT IN HEAD LIGHTS!

Pros

Cons

If you want your license don’t work here

Do not work here

I got fired because my father went by ambulance to the ER due to an asthma attack and stopped breathing on the way there at 4:30 am (he was resuscitated). I called the night manager basically right after the ER called me to tell her what happened and that I would not be in. I then spent the rest of the day at the hospital with my dad, had the next day off, and came to my next scheduled shift. This made me go over my "points" for my first 90 days. You get 6, I was one minute late 2 days due to terrible road conditions and left 2/3s into a shift because I could barely stand up that's how sick I was. The day I missed to be in the HOSPITAL WITH MY FATHER put me at "7 points" so they fired me. They tried to spin it in a way that they "fired me for the other times before" which was obviously not true since all of those other incidents happened a month before this one and I was still working there. This company lacks any empathy for employees and expects you to put them over your family and your health. They also lied to me upon hiring that I would get 12 weeks training (it was 12 shifts not weeks) and that I would be eligible for health insurance 60 days after hiring (again not true, wasn't eligible until 90 days.). This place is like an ICU as well and I got more training at a clinic than this place. Almost every person who trained me expected me to do tasks perfectly that I had never done before and would sometimes not even demonstrate them in the first place. They have archaic paper charting. They do not set up their staff for success. The whole staff and management team also -

Pros

Co workers

Cons

Management, safety

caring for critical care patients with compassion

• Compassionate Care to critical patients with debilitating illnesses and injuries • Observe Behavior and symptoms and report changes to on-call Physicians • Monitor Telemetry and responded to codes • Management of critical drips, IVs, and critical airways

Working longe term with ICU ppatient with multiple complex conditions

Great place to work if you want to provide quality care in a high tech setting with ICU beds . Charge nurse for 52 LTACH patients. Arranged team assignments managed work load, patient care when not enough staff. Monitored telemetry, administered cardiac drips. moderate sedation vent care

Rewarding place to work

I enjoy working at Select. You get to take care of a wide variety of patients and you learn a lot. I have learned so much by working here that will be valuable for the rest of my nursing career. Most of the employees are very nice and down to earth. It's a smaller facility so you get to know people well. It is a hard job but incredibly rewarding. The pay is great too.

Pros

Wide variety of patients

Cons

Hard work

Great place to learn if you are entry level

I am completely unchallenged in my current position. I have a great amount of knowledge about the hospital maintenance field and have not been given the trust to be self sufficient.

Pros

Ease of duties

Cons

Ease of duties

meet alot of new people

walk in and clock in. Get list of daily patients and see if they can have visitors or not. I learned when some people didn't want visitors we had to be the bad person to say I'm sorry we don't have a patient here with that name. management was gone mostly on the weekends.

Pros

knew alot people there prior to working there

Cons

sometimes watching grieving family members.

Not a great place to work.

Select Specialty pays well and that's it. They are mostly very busy. Unless the patient ratio drops then your hours are cut completely. Management is young and Uneducated. Management thinks the hospital is a nursing home.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Hours are cut drastically when patients are released, Most of the nurses are very lazy.

All we did was work no fun activities

It was an enjoyable place to work, performed my normal job duties daily. They went through several managers, the hardest part of the job was working short.

Pros

The hours were flexible

Cons

Working short a lot

Hard job

It is very physically hard but a lot of good experience to be learned there. Management continuously changed. There was a lot of good people that worked with me there.

Run away fast

Poorly managed, unstable, unsafe, inconsistent, unrealistic expectations, they don't support or stand behind their employees. Horrible corporation to work for.

Pros

Pays well

Cons

Employees are non essential and no effort to retain anyone

Great company serving needed patient population in post acute care

Assessing business development growth opportunities while recruiting and retaining the best talent; establishing and maintaining relationships with all stakeholders and ensuring achievement of goals through the most cost effective resources available.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Select Specialty Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9
2.8

Ratings from women

2.9
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight