Select Staff Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 14, 2019
I learned how operate a machine, in less that a year, the supervisors always were in top notch showing me how do the things right and on time. I would recommend this company to everyone
Stressful
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 5, 2019
There is a lot of turnover! In the year that I worked there I saw 13 staff rotate out. They don't train or support you. You will do everything from clean the bathroom to sales.
Pros
pay
Cons
turnover
dont go
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 31, 2018
horrible service, poor customer service telephone skills, sassy attitudes, lazy management. The only plus is they will quickly find you a job but thats only a plus if you actually get paid for working. I suggest you find a different temp agency. This one is the worst one in TEXAS.
Pros
Cons
racist, bad service, poor management
Love it!
Recruiter Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXDecember 2, 2018
Caring and compassionate managers who are able to get things done. They are very up front and honest with you about your performance so you are able to see what you need to work on.
Think twice!!!
Operations (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasOctober 15, 2018
As a former employee, I would not recommend this agency or any positions with this company. Managers lack knowledge of general staffing policies and procedures. Think twice about any in house positions with this company unless you plan on fending for yourself. Training or assistance from upper management is a joke.
warehousing
Warehousing Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington StateAugust 7, 2018
its a great place to be and to experience. you can have fun and be productive. keep a space to be open minded and have the place to learn more. you meet new people and learn more experiences everday
Indeed
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 2, 2018
I would not recommend this Staffing agency to anyone, they lie about their wages, and they lie about the length of the job. Not worth bothering with. My suggestion is to find another Temp Agency
Very nice people
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Stoneville, MSMarch 10, 2018
The people at select staff was very professional. They was real nice a driven to find work for me
they listen to all my concerns. And when i got laid off they checked on me to make sure i was fine.
The good,The bad, & The management
Machinist, forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Irving TxMarch 9, 2018
I've been w select for years. Lubbock staff and placement is awesome. Irving staff has went sour within their new agents. No care 4 employees/placement.
Never had a problem with them until I came back to Irving. Seems as if they just wanna make quota.
Just got off the phone with corporate so they can SEE WHAT THEY CAN DO AND CALL ME BACK about a job I worked weeks ago in which my pay still hasn't come through.
Will not work for them again.
Just warning you. Good luck
Pros
Find you work real fast
Cons
Poor management in irving-lack of employee care-
Great team
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 28, 2017
Went to work, kept to myself while stacking boxes and sorting boxes.
I learn organization.
The hardest part of the job was the scanners sometimes they broke.
Pros
Fast-passed
Do not waste your time applying at the Edinburg office.
Temp worker (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXOctober 2, 2017
I moved here from California desperate for work for 2 months. Select Staff seemed great but they set me up with a single interview that didn’t go my way then never called me again. I emailed and emailed, called and called.

They could care less about the individual and probably just sent people randomnly in interviews I really wouldn’t know because it was like I didn’t exist.

Waste of time,disappointing, and sad. Keep away
Pros
Cons
Everythung
Lovely place to meet new people
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barron, WISeptember 26, 2017
A typical day included communicating with the manager, outsourced companies, and potential employees. I learned another employee based filing system. Management is very cliquey. Workplace culture was disappointing. The hardest part of the job was most certainly the most enjoyable, which was getting employees started at companies quickly efficiently. The communication had to open and quick. Interviews were a better way to get to know the individual and make sure the employment opportunity was going to be the perfect fit.
Pros
Excelling with communication skills, being involved with many people
Cons
Drama brought from home life to work setting
Positive Experience
Customer Marketing Rep (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 13, 2017
I had a positive experience with Select Staff for them being a staffing agency. Always helpful and responsive to my needs. They did all that they could I feel.
Very corporate environment
Recruitment Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 9, 2017
Select Staff is privately owned, the training is great. However the turnover for recruitment is very high, they struggle to make quota in parts of Texas.
fun place to work at
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 3, 2017
its a good place to work at.they treat you with respect and well spoken..never late on checks and always makes sure you get what you need.i they they are one of the best
Gave me the run around and ended up giving my job away
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMarch 6, 2017
Been going through the company for awhile but not anymore. really got put into a hole when I tried going through them again. Back then they were great, now I do not recommend them till they get their stuff straightened out.
Pros
no pros
Cons
many cons
A fun place too work in wish I could go back
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee) –  Lyerly, GAFebruary 25, 2017
I love working 12 hours a day. It was tiring but I love that. You rotate every 2 hours . I would separate trash that comes down the line that we could use or not use. The things we keep is things we can recycling. Keep my area clean. Get trash off the line and throw it in the bends. I love that go.
Pros
n/a
Cons
breaks were good
Good temp service
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAFebruary 17, 2017
Good temp service. They find me a job quick . Some job you have those supervisor that want more out of you won't hire you. They will call you if job opening.
Productive and fun
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 30, 2017
Its an ok place to work it has great hours mangement is ok the hardest part is the liftintithe best part you get paid every week
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Lay off seasons
Love working with this Staffing service, great employees.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Paso Robles, CAJanuary 27, 2017
My job I've done so far is called Zurn Wilkins. Select Staffing got me started with Zurn very quick when I needed work. Everytime I worked it was very cool, Zurn is an awesome company to work for. They do there best to make you feel like family and people have been there for 30 or more years.
Pros
Great pay, Great overall company
Cons
Very difficult training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Select Staff. Our community is ready to answer.