SelectQuote Employee Reviews

Great company
Case Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 25, 2018
Loved working there wish I would have been able to stay in the area and continue to work there. The treat their employees very very well. Great people
Sr IT management moved to KC.
Telecommunications Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 16, 2018
I had been at SQ for 13 years and ran the call center technology effort.

Sadly when the KC management team took over IT it was pretty much a house cleaning. My manager (director) and his entire staff were let go as were many of the support staff in the San Francisco office.

My final project was to migrate our Cisco call center to cloud based Five 9. I had the most difficult task of rerouting over 1000 toll free numbers to Five 9 via extensive routing scripts I developed. I was told I would be trained on the new platform and would continue on in my existing role. They lied.
Work hard and succeed
Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 5, 2018
Nationwide Sale of term insurance policies by telephonic means. Training to distinguish the best insurance product based on health, age and need. Must be prepared for a quick pace for the full 8 hours of work.
Pros
good money
Cons
can be monotanous
Loved everyone I worked with
Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COApril 16, 2018
Everyone is great, but can't help but feel as though you could get let go every day. The company does do a great job of attempting to prove it values the employees, but unfortunately the turnover ratio seems to say otherwise. I do believe the company offers valuable experience.
Pros
Food, co-workers, atmosphere
Cons
Pay
Poor management with terrible policies
Policy Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 4, 2018
I worked on the customer service side and didn't get the respect the job demanded. The sales agents are stressed to sell as many policies as possible, and in turn the compliance was terrible. They relied heavily on the customer service dept to clean up messy sales. From the sales managers, trainers, and to the director of operations, they all operated on a sink or swim ideaology. The turn around is high, nobody knows what they're doing. This place is a joke! Don't be fooled by the mirage of "you can make money" No you can't, sales agents compensation is unstable and the customer service deptartments deserves a higher pay for the amount of work they do. There's a handful of good managers and another handful of terrible managers. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Micro management
Policy Holder Services (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 28, 2018
This company is great they help make people better and feel safe. Selectquote has been in business in SF for 33 years as a private company that says a lot about Selectquote.
Fast paced, stressful workplace
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 2, 2018
The culture changed a lot in the ten years I was there. Management was very demanding and they changed the opportunity and pay so much it made it very stressful to enjoy what you did.
Pros
Good opportunity and people, flexible hours
Cons
Micro managed and changing commission/pay structure stressful
Lots of change
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 26, 2018
The company has became a revolving door. Similar to working at a car dealership. I've never thought you would have that culture at a insurance company.
Meh
Licensed Medical Insurance Broker (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 23, 2018
okay place. kind of unfair lead distribution. Went from the top tier leads before i took vacation but my "lack of sales" after i took christmas vacation put me down to the bottom tier and it was impossible to dig myself out of because i was capped at a certain amount of leads and they were complete junk leads that hung up on me or weren't there at all.
Pros
food, managers
Cons
underpaid
Work Space
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 11, 2018
SelectQuote has a very nice office space. A typical day at SelectQuote is answering incoming calls from clients and taking care of their requests regarding their home, auto and umbrella policies.
Pros
Nice work ares
Cons
Salary
Potential to be a great company to work for
Insurance Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSJanuary 2, 2018
The people are great. Lower management is great and willing to help you succeed. Upper management is a concern and has been for a while. Compensation plans change as common as the seasons; always in favor for the company.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Comp plan and benefits
Competitive workplace with all the amenities. Good pay.
Sales Activity (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 20, 2017
This is a great growing company looking for sales agents that can be trainable. The pressure to perform can be extensive but so can the rewards.
The company completely trains each of their associates and expects each associate to be successful. There is room for advancement as the growth of the company is exponential right now.
Enjoyed working at SelectQuote
Case Specialist / Client Services (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 12, 2017
I really loved my job. Would still be working there. Only left company because of lay off due to restructuring. Enjoyed flexible hours, and great co-workers.
Used to be a fun place to work
Helpdesk/Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 6, 2017
The company used to be very friendly and felt like family until the new management kick in with the new CEO. They are moving into different directly and no more job security.
Good place to work at
Case Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 27, 2017
Although they let us go, I still say this is a good place to grow stronger to me. I started here in 1999 with not much knowledge of insurance business, but after 18yrs, I am good to step higher for more challenges
Good Company
Medicare supplement phone sales (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 21, 2017
It was a very employee focused company, with emphasis on employee satisfaction. Although, very performance based and those that don't meet sales goals will not stay with the company.
growing fast
Employee (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 20, 2017
growing too fast, needs to slow down and do it right. developing better processes would help make things more clear and set up for success. the company is trying but isn't there yet.
Great Start to Life Insurance Career
Licensed Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 6, 2017
opportunity is a great place to begin your life insurance career due to the amount of applications you write per month. You will ramp up very quickly.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Low pay
Stressful environment
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COOctober 27, 2017
This company tells 'untruths' to get the agent in the door, then it's a complete 360 turn around. It is a CALL CENTER, OUTBOUND. If you do well in the training, that's designed for you not to do well, you may get inbound calls. Those inbound calls are funneled through lead agencies that have no idea how to screen. I will never trust an insurance company that tells me I will not make outbound calls - instead, cut the nonsense and tell me that the leads will at least be consumers wanting the insurance that I'm selling. They provide all of this food, and so much of it goes to waste because there's too much. Stop - just pay your agents the money you're spending on food.
Pros
Agents, some of the lunches that are provided.
Cons
Micro-management, people in management positions that shouldn't be.
Don't like to pay producers
Team Lead Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSSeptember 26, 2017
Company changes compensation every 6 months for it's sales people. Just adds stress to the sales team. They don't care about culture even though it is said they do. Everything is done by the seat of their pants. IT is required to make so many changes monthly they can't fix the problems we have had for along time. Building a new building to look good for a corporate buy out or take the company public. Unfortunately, wouldn't recommend working here.
Pros
Use to be able to make good money
Cons
New management has proven they don't care about the people that make them money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SelectQuote. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight