SelectQuote
Happiness rating is 53 out of 100

SelectQuote Employee Reviews

SelectQuote is a company where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Structure so the best agents get the best calls and the compensation structure and expectations are always changing. If you are a single and have no kids, it's the perfect job for you.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
changing expectations
Managers were messy, rumor he was talking to team lead and talked about other employees. Pay should be higher since you do have to obtain license in a short period of time. Changed policy often such as attendance management would show favoritism
Pros
Fun perks such as food, fun break room, awesome outdoor area, great co workers, and bonuses
Cons
Turnover rate was terrible. We were always under staffed
company only cares about enrolling people in plans. and will say and do whatever to get customer signed up. compensation depends on your enrollment rate so pays good only if you sell your soup to be there 70 hours a week and treat customers like a number and lie to them.
Pros
free lunches, overtime
I absolutely love working for SelectQuote. All inbound calls, overtime friendly, great work hours, growth opportunities, recognition, fun, fast-paced, and the ability to write your own paycheck based on your efforts. Everyone here is like one big family. You need to be energetic, coachable, and love to make money. You have managers, team leads, and colleagues that are always there to help you. This is a career path not just a job. The hardest part I would say is the busy season for 7 weeks working 6 days a week but when you see your paychecks it's absolutely worth it! We know what to expect here when we signed up and that's exactly what I got! Working remotely you still very much feel apart of the work culture we have chatrooms and fun contests everyday to win stuff that keeps you competitive and engaged! All I can say is I finally found the company I want to retire with. JUST DO IT!
Pros
income, contests, work culture, coaching, opportunities, work life balance
Cons
busy season can be hard your first year but you get used to it- its just 7 weeks!
Great company and management is impressive. If you can get up and running quickly basically produce at the required levels, you will be employed. Unfortunately I had a more difficult time getting there. The company is solid and the management is fine tuned.
Pros
Good training and everyone is motivated to attain goals.
Cons
Fast paced ramp up period. Survival of the fittest.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
You do not get respect for your experience, education, etc. You are treated like a factory worker, and they look for reasons to write you up. Things change so often that managers cant keep up, and everything is in chaos most of the time. Their practices with the elderly are also ethically in question. There is also cowardly, weak management. Beware of this place of employment. You will never get out of it what you put into it.
Pros
lunch
Cons
micromanagement, favoritism from management, no appreciation, etc.
This was my first work from home experience and I'd have to say that it's been everything I was looking for and more. I set out to have a work-from-home profession. Not a gig, not grunt work, I wanted to do work that mattered. With that said, I also have been able to earn a substantial income while at SelectQuote. The fact of the matter is, STAY ACTIVE. It takes hard work to be successful but is well worthwhile. Growth opportunities are present and overall I believe I am a better candidate in the workforce after having worked here and that is a success in my eyes.
Pros
Balanced Work Experience
Cons
Growth opportunities seem to lean toward in house agents but that seems to be changing.
I felt it was a sink or swim job. They spent 2 weeks on what the products are we sell, how to navigate the system, then gave you a script and put you on the phone. Then no training or help after that. I feel like they didn't really care if you succeed or not. I had a good first month I exceeded all goals but one my close rate was 16% they wanted us at 20%. Due to that my inbound leads were cut in half. That vastly cut down my opportunities to sell. So I went from 15 leads to 7 or 8 leads a day. Now being down to 7-8 leads many leads that were transferred people were not looking for life insurance so they didn't not want to talk to you. Many leads would hang up before you get to you. Then when you finally get someone that interested they cant afford it. Many of the people that could afford something were only able to get a policy that would barely cover a cremation so you wouldn't make much money of that policy to reach you quota. Yes there takes some salesmanship to do this job but sales is a numbers game if you can't get up to bat you cant hit home runs. When I finally did get some extra training I was let go before I could implement what I learned. I was let go after 2 months on the phone. The last week of the 2nd month I made turn around and the first day of the third month I had a good sales day but I guess too little to late. It felt like more luck of the draw predicated your success. However I'm not bitter I think I didn't have the insurance experience to be good. I wish I could have got that 3rd month to see if could turn it around then if couldn't I understand letting - more...
Pros
working from home and leads provided.
Cons
lake of support and additional coaching when struggling
Great company, always learning something new everyday. Work hard and have fun! Great money and what you put into it is what you get out of it. If strong in sales and want to work hard, very good company to work for.
Pros
Money, Management, coaching, protecting clients with best solutions.
Cons
A little stressful but what job isnt
So I started in August of 2020, and was hired for the Senior division (medicare) sales. I was hired as a temp-perm agent did well enough to make permanent, wasn't hard. If you want money, this company DELIVERS! The amount of money you are able to make is NEVER ENDING. Being able to work from home is absolutely amazing! The offices they have look absolutely incredible as well! I wish I could work at their office sometime. If your ever come accross someone who is looking to help you join SQ, SERIOUS CONSIDER IT!!!
Pros
work from home, great pay, reimbursements for licensing, helping pay for internet. great people all around
Cons
hours can be a bit long.
When I first heard about SelectQuote and the culture I was excited. Then I heard the pay structure and I was.. scared. I came from a very successful career outside of insurance and had never worked with commission. I was so sick of working 80+ hours a week and not being able to make the money that I put the work in for. I can tell you this after being here for awhile now. Is it scary if you don't know what you are getting into? Sure. But here's the real true facts. The people at SQ are going to be some of the best you have ever worked with and even though everyone is working remotely the team collaboration and comradery is strong. If you are willing to show up and put in the work you will be successful! The training is top notch and there is opportunity for everyone to learn and grow with the company if that is what they want to do. I recommend this company to all of my friends and family because I want to see everyone be as successful as I have been.
Pros
Great commissions, great leads, great people
Cons
Employee Healthcare benefits are expensive
I have been working for the company since August of 2020 in a sales position and have already been promoted. Many of my coworkers who I went through training with have also been promoted to various management positions as well. If you are looking for a company culture that makes you feel a part of the family, and not another employee you should come work with us!! The most enjoyable part of the job is I get to help people every single day and get paid for doing what I love!
Pros
Opportunity for promotions very quickly, compensation, remote
You get the money they promised during the interview process if you're good at sales and work really hard. It involves long hours and you're susceptible to clawbacks months after selling a policy. You are also micromanaged tremendously. Overall, the money is good but it comes at a stressful price.
Pros
money
Cons
micromanagement
This is bad place to work. The managers are rude and disrespectful. They don't care about employees. Most of the calls are cold calls and bad leads. If you decide to work here hire a therapist cause it's mentally draining.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
SelectQuote is a great place to be. It is a work hard play hard company that cares for its employees. It has been a life-changing place for me and my other family members(that I have referred).
Pros
Great contest and company culture
This job is so mentally exhausting. You spend all day cold calling people who have no idea why you are calling which is not what you are told when hired. Benefits are decent, but you’ve got to really need them to endure this day in and day out.
Great opportunity to make good money if you put in the work. Special attention is given to top performs so I would say that was quite dissapointing at times. The great thing however is that the opportunity to become a top performer is available.
Pros
Great income, cool culture, great benefits
Cons
Work life balance, more opportunities for top agents
I loved my manager and most of my team members. For the most part, the work culture is nice, but there is definitely a subset of the sales agents that feel like they are better than enrollers or cross sales agents and make their jobs difficult. The biggest downside is the complete lack of work/life balance for a good chunk of the year. They essentially expect you to work 10+ hour days plus Saturdays during enrollment periods, and you are often overlooked for promotions or position changes if you try to maintain some balance. I would still 100% recommend their services to anyone looking for the types of insurance they sell, because that is one area where they truly excel.
Pros
Good culture, great managers
Cons
Poor work/life balance, expectation to work excessive overtime
The bad: Some departments/people are kind of disorganized. Recruiters and managers were late for my interviews and call backs. My on-boarding specialist was on top of things but he did seem stressed all the time. Once hired, trying to get a hold of other departments or people in other departments was sometimes difficult too. The CRM we use was not the greatest. They just seem disorganized in some areas. The good: training + my manager were good. Training was always on time and professional. My boss was always available if I had questions and was always supportive and professional. My team was friendly even though in sales it can usually be a dog eat dog world. So it was nice to be in a friendly yet competitive group.
Cons
Stressful
Managers at select quote are very understanding especially mine! Select quote does an awesome job at recognizing you for what you do and a good place for advancement as well. It's a great place to start off a career in insurance. I would say the hardest part about SelectQuote is AEP season. But it is also a fun time! And a time where everyone makes a lot of money and wins fun prizes! The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help people find their careers within a company that actually cares for their employees. If you're looking for someone that can coach you instead of scolding you, SQ is the place to go!
Pros
Free lunches, free gifts, lots of PTO, recognitions
They lower your level if you get sick and have to call off work. After your level is lowered, you don't get good leads and you don't make sales. They give an hour for lunch, and then make it sound like you are a slacker if you actually want to take a lunch hour. They will never tell you not to take a lunch, they will just say the successful agents don't do it. You are constantly being watched. If you take a break for a few minutes to get your head together after a bad call, your manager is on messenger asking why your aren't on the phone. I can't think of anything positive about my time there. You are forced to work long hours with no leads coming in and weekends with no leads coming in. Good luck if you decide to take a job here.
Pros
Benefits are okay, just okay
Cons
Everything else
  1. Employee Reviews