Selma's Cookies Employee Reviews

Stay away from this place!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLMay 17, 2019
Stay away from this place! Management and ownership are incredibly disrespectful! Noisy coworkers that act like they are your manager, watching every step you do, when you take your breaks, when you leave. STAY AWAY IF YOU'RE THINKING OF APPLYING!
Pros
The smell of cookies
Cons
Everything else
Production (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLJanuary 16, 2019
Busy,time go fast.Good place to work.Employees are able to cross train in different areas.It is good because you learn different skills.Overall a good place to work.
Cons
Need to improve the HR department
Company
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 1, 2018
Wouldn’t waste your time there is no place to advance, just pays minimum and hardly provide any raise, management sucks and only care for themselves don’t recommend to anyone.
Excellent work environment, allow you to listen to music and talk during the workday, which allows you to work relaxed while you are doing hard work
Warehouse Worker- Mix Operator. (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLAugust 6, 2018
The work is summarized to everything related to a bakery, a nice atmosphere with characteristic smell of freshly baked cookies, around people of different cultures, in general I love working there, I would say that the negative point is the salary, it seems very poor for a job so specialized. However, it is compensated by the good treatment and respect I felt during the time I worked with them.
Pros
Cons
Salary so poor for a job so specialized.
Wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLMay 24, 2018
Jobs hours are terrible they make you work 13+ hours no management there when u load your truck after the first day they expected you to know the whole route . Training was very poor
Cons
ambiente de trabajo ........
Baker (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FLMay 18, 2018
no deseo hablar ya que no quiero perjudicar ni mentir
Pros
le dan la oportunidad a todo el que desee trabajar
Cons
no hay descanso
Family type work place
Baker/Decorator (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 8, 2018
Work was fun. You came in and assessed what needed to be done for the day and started on it. If you needed help you just asked. Everyone was pretty friendly.
Pros
Off at 4 pm
Cons
Come in at 6 am on Saturday's
productive work place
Associate (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 24, 2018
It is a great place to work just need new opportunities. I would recommend working here the people and employees are awesome, I just feel like my time working here is up.
fun workplace
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLOctober 16, 2017
The other workers as well as your team they make you feel comfortable and also engage with you during all times of the day. The culture in the workplace is differnet from what i have ever seen its the perfect garden of eden
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad time clocks
Unprofessional and disorganized
Lead Decorator/Baking Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CA 92501April 13, 2017
Favoritism is emphasized here. Save your time, don't apply! Unless you enjoy the drama and the hectic environment, then definitely apply! Don't regret it, but didn't love it....
Good
COOKIE DECORATOR (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 29, 2016
I used to decorate thousands of desserts a day that were going to disneyland. I learned how to decorate and make pops, cookies, brownies, rice crispies with the characters of disney. I also learned how to wrapped, label, and scanned the product trough a metal detector, how to used electronic jack pallets, take temperatures of water and sanitize, how to follow safety rules, etc... The most enjoyable was the experience that I gained by working for this company.
Pros
Good place to gain experience
Cons
Poor management, No opportunities to grow up, Bad pay
Delicious Cookies
Employee (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 21, 2015
The product is great. The only thing that is lacking is pay raises and morale. Great people work here but tend to leave because they don't get enough acknowledgment.
Overall if it was under better management it would be an awesome great to work
Pros
Free cookies after working for a year
Cons
No benefits
Fun atmosphere
Decorator/Packer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 6, 2015
Wonderful place to work. We had a large order from Costco to fill, which is why my time there was so short. Management was able to explain my duties clearly and helped me out if I needed it.
Pros
fun coworkers, easy job
Cons
stress over needing to get the big order completed on time
creative, productive, and different
Pastry Decorator (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 13, 2013
I learned alot working at Selma's. I learned alot in tempertures in chocolate. I learned different ways of decorating pastries. The hardest part about my job was the production. everyday we did hundred and thousands of cookies, brownies, and crispies. It was very hand breaking because everything was made hand made. The thing I loved most about this job was decorating.