SEMHA

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energizing work tasks

Not a bad place to work

The work was either Social Service, community health, and clerical/administrative assistant. As a whole, it was not too stressful. There were deadline issues from time to time, and occasional clients in crisis, apart from that, it was a nice work situation.

Pros

Confortable work environment

Cons

lact of job security, and weak benefits

Good company

They should look into a better payroll system but overall I like the company. They are very good with answering your questions and offer workplace support.

Productive and good co workers

A typical day at work was going out to several patients home to distribute medication. Provide resources and referrals to patients. Schedule appointments with our Doctor. Educated patients on a certain disease. Performed special testing. Worked in a diverse environment. I learned how to work in many different environments. I learned to treat each individual according to their situation. The hardest part is not knowing what type of environment you were walking into until you got there. Also dealing with the different personalities on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was making a difference in someone life.

Pros

Your are vested in 3 years, Friendly co worker

Cons

Unsafe environment, low pay

Unified team that shared knowledge to enhance quality of customer service.

Any given work day was filled with problem solving and providing resource information, We helped families advocate for services and educate them on policies, procedures and criteriia with getting requeste servives. Monthly meetings held for employee's concerns, ideas to increase productivity and how we can utilize ideas presented. The hard part was convincing higher ups the advances we could achieve using graphs and reports. I encouraged employees to depend on me with cases that were beyond their expertice., and they can always depend on me to assist with answering calls. We could always depend on each other when dealing with irate client,. sometimes used humor to defuse frazzled nerves.

Pros

excellent benefits, easy going director that supported her staff

Cons

very little time to take breaks because of the volum of calls

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SEMHA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3