SEMI Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
this job at a glance
TIRE TECHNICIAN RABEN TIRE (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, ILJanuary 15, 2018
The job I love. The non stop lies and false promises from management is what I do not like. Under better management I would never look for something else. It is a very stressful work environment.
fab operator
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 12, 2017
prolonged standing in a cleaning room in quality cleaning gear.
learned proper waffer handling skills along with attention to detail!

A normal day is 12hrs which this job had 3 shifts 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Pros
lot of overtime, pay was great
Cons
standing on a steel rail, very hard on the body if you have any old injuries, or new
Productive workplace
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 25, 2017
Start the morning by reviewing case tickets of any issues at hand, than continue with an early monitoring of the network session, followed by working on scripts.
semi retired
Driver/Operator Semi-Retired (Former Employee) –  Clever, MOSeptember 18, 2016
I have been semi-retired since Sept. 2014 to pursue other interests w/in my family.

I took this time off to be with my wife, and for us to look for a home to purchase during this time.
Service Writer
Shop Foreman (Current Employee) –  Semi ServiceAugust 10, 2016
Strong Personal relationship with all customers. Receiving and preparing loads for dispatch, establish and organize daily work schedule for residential, business locations, worked hand in hand with the plants to make sure all material was ready for jobs. Communicate with multiple individuals, vendors, answered all business questions to complete daily tasks. Great Team player-
Bid writer, Shop Scheduling, Inventory. Assisting shop foreman on job completion. Quality Control.
Fun workplace with supportive management
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 13, 2015
Excellent work environment with great people. Management is supportive in all ways. Long standing trade association with an excellent reputation in the Semiconductor industry.
Fun New Company
EH&S Director / Flights Projects Building (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJanuary 18, 2015
There was never a typical day as this was a first major government contract for an out of Country Contractor.
SPS Semiconductor Equipment
Owner / Markweting Sales Installations (Former Employee) –  Gardnerville, NVSeptember 30, 2014
I owned the company for some 30+ years. Enjoyed redesigning with producting a higher quality machine than the original manufacturers.

My staff was hand picked for their particular atributes.

The hardest part of the ownership was having to replace longterm employees with new employees, with starting the cycle over again.

The most enjoyable part of the ownership was to design and manufacture retrofits that the original manufacturers cound not perform
productive lead tester on life test department
Lead tester Micro (Former Employee) –  broomfield,co.October 8, 2013
I enjoyed working at this company, for 12 years of experirienced i learned how to deal with my co-workers and supervisor how to deal with manufacturing environment. Learn how to expand my skills in different areas of work and learn all the consequences happening on the job.The most greatest thing of this job is i obtain my skills and expand my knowledgein electronics industry during my stay here in this company from 1995-2007.
productive and professional
Stage Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 16, 2013
Temporary employment for the SEMICON West Show. Organized Powerpoint Presentations and Word Documents for speakers at the show. Managed stage and prepped speakers to display their presentations.
stable workplace
Heat Press Operator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 4, 2013
a typical work day consists of entering/writing orders, and making sure there is enough work to have for that day. I have learned how to be able to communicate with customers and time management during my shift. Management in this company are not very helpful when it comes to handling certain situations(ex: when you are having a problem with supervisors and employees). The hardest part of working there is being able to train people and being able to advance within the company while the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to get my work done in a timely manner.
Pros
being able to work successfully with my co workers
Cons
short breaks, management