Seminole County, FL Employee Reviews

4.0Pay & Benefits
enjoyable work place
Recreation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJune 28, 2017
I completely enjoyed my the at the Seminole County Softball Complex
the company cares about their emplyees, and always strived to offer classes to better yourself within the County.

The only reason I resigned was due to my late wife contracting cancer
in 2010. When she passed in 2013 I went back as a scorekeeper so as to stay with the situation I enjoyed. The job is as a contract
worker.
I was disappointed there was no intervention for a troubled first grader.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Winter Springs, FLJune 12, 2017
I enjoyed working with my collegues. It didn't matter if I was in third grade or first grade. I adapted well and got along with everyone.

Once a yearly evaluation was required; that is when things did not make any sense. I asked on three different occasions to see my files. However, that request was ignored ; it was not even acknoweldged. There was no ryhme or reason to the evaluation.
When asked about details I did not receive any feedback that made any sense.

I truly enjoyed the students and parents. I was probably too honest with parents. I understood their point of view. I was truly caring about each student.

Routine was a major part of my day. I enjoyed interacting with students, teachers, parents, and the computer. I enjoyed the challenge of all aspects of the job. It was exciting and rewarding.
By November my first graders were all reading. It was an awesome accomplishment for them and their parents.
Pros
changes each school year
Cons
politics
Energetic and educational workplace
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 17, 2015
Working for Seminole County Public Schools was a very rewarding experience. In my time with the school district, I experienced enthusiastic support from both my department as well as the administration team. Student interaction was also a large part of the job which I found enjoyable.
Pros
Strong and supportive administration
Cons
Poor evaluation system

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seminole County, FL. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3