Seminole Gaming Employee Reviews

negative
ZigZag Cocktail Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Immokalee, FLJanuary 11, 2019
Youre just a number, Management is terrible, lies and only can make money for three months a year. forced to be on overnight shift for over a year due to being locked into a shift bid while new employees coming in got any shift they desired. days off were never together and worked 5 days a week driving over an hour each way including an oncoming car totaling my car within the year I was employed there. I received discipline for being out of work the next morning while I was in the ER. Not a safe city to work in.
IT and HR a nightmare
Rep, Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 4, 2019
The hiring process was laughable - no proper interview. The building housing Cust. Care is windowless, dingy, crowded, hot and depressing. IT support is non-existent, systems are slow and agents are expected to sign in to no less than 6 different applications. Callers can be abusive since many are drunk calling from the casino. This department desperately need a central reservations system.The sick time policy is downright cruel.
Pros
multi billion dollar company
Cons
employees treated like school children
Classic Cash Ops, what!?
Caged Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 12, 2019
Some words to sum up my time at the Seminole Classic (Caged Cashier):
1.Unprofessional
2.Disrespectful towards employees/guests
3.No Communication
4.Management- inconsistent, liars and clueless
5.Scheduling based off Favoritism!!!!!! New Hirers get the best shifts.
6.No room to grow
7.If you are asked to be a Trainer DON'T, they don't like to pay trainers and some haven't received their proper pay and it's been almost a year!!
8.HIGH TURNOVER!!
9.You get points for any/every little thing yo do- the point system determines if you'll be employed or not with the company!!
10.Disconnect & Lazyness
Pros
Cool Co-Workers, 50% off Food, Free Coffee, Bonus
Cons
Not using English in the Workplace, Management, Lack of Communication, Shift/Salary, Unwillingness to Listen, Concerns are considered complaints, Unprofessional
Bustling operation
Director of Casino Marketing (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLOctober 17, 2018
Seminole Gaming offered a very great work opportunity. Very strong management group that allowed team members to manage their departments with sufficient over site to make sure the mission was being followed but without nay micro micromanagement.

One of the busiest casino in the area made for hectic but fun work days with a dedicated team that gave 100% at all times.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Occasional short sighted decision
Ok place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 12, 2018
Good place to work. Offers different shifts and provides uniforms and cleaning. Lots of turnover. Lots of security within the casino. Hiring some that are not truly qualified that turns into turnover.
Pros
good health ins. coverage, free cafeteria food, provide uniforms & cleaning
Cons
lack of opportunities for promotion
January 1, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate hearing about your experiences. Because taking care of our team members is one of our core values, we’re always looking for ways to ensure our team members have equal access to growth and development opportunities. We strive to provide a culture where team members feel they’re valued, treated fairly and respected. If you’d like to provide further feedback please email us at careers@shrss.com

Productive, fun and stressful.
Table games Supervisor / Dealer (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJanuary 19, 2019
Never a dull moment. Things change by the minute. You'll have stories to tell for the rest of your life. Great co workers and friends. Opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Free meals. Relaxation room.
Cons
Short breaks for dealers, standing all day
Great company
Director of Public Relations (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 20, 2018
I grew up working for this company and would recommend it to anyone. They pride themselves on a culture of trust and truly live by that. They often promote from within, but do not shy away from external candidates.
Pros
Management training, internal development, employee meals, health care
Cons
Maternity leave program and communication
January 1, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate hearing about your experiences. Be sure to stay connected with us on Facebook and LinkedIn! If you have any further feedback to share please email us at careers@shrss.com

horrible
Customer care specialist (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 21, 2018
very horrible management especially Barbara not a place to ever work management is very unprofessional they will promote anyone one despite them having no knowledge of the job and even if you pass out on the job theyll still send you home on a point and you can lose your job
Fun Place to work
Senior Analyst FP&A (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 24, 2019
The employees at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino are dedicated to excellent customer service. The management team does an excellent job to help employees succeed. The property is clean and well maintained.
Good workplace
Cage Cashier/Cage Banker (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 14, 2018
great and fun place to work in the beginning. Get to learn alot of the casino procedures. but when you stand up for yourself, you are always wrong. disrespectful management.
Pros
overtime when available
Cons
disrespectful management
January 1, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We’d love to learn more about your experience and how we can improve. Please email us at careers@shrss.com

Culture is poor
Support Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 23, 2018
It’s super easy to loose your job. Once you have collected 8 points you are immediately fired. Points are collected by way of being late or not coming in to work (even if you have a emergency) .... I witnessed one employee who was overall great in work performance but was fired due to being hospitalized.... another person same great work ethic, but was fired because they collected all 8 points from not coming into work due to them grieving the death of their child .... work wise it is great ... morally they have dropped the ball ...
its an ok company to work for
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJuly 19, 2018
the company itself isn't bad its honestly upper management in the cash operation department thats bias unprofessional and theres too many favoritism.. lack of growth because they know who they're going to promote and the turn over rate is HORRIBLE!!!!!! if management actually do their job and not take things personal with certain cashiers and if our director would actually listen to her cashiers questions and concerns and FIX the problem it would be a great and fun workplace.
Pros
free food
Cons
1 point if you call out and .5 points if you're late
It was a fun place to work for
Poker Dealer (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLOctober 10, 2018
it was a nice place to be. the mangers knew what they were doing. you would get on average 3 breaks a day, or a total of an hour. they where willing to teach me how to have a great guest satisfaction turnover.
Pros
Free hot lunch once a day, and cold bar all day
Amazing place to work
IT Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 11, 2018
The job location and the coworkers are amazing. Management is fair and supportive when it comes to issues. Benefits are great, pay is fair and the work environment is unlike any other place I have worked
Seminole Casino Immokalee
Food and Beverage (Current Employee) –  Immokalee, FLOctober 3, 2018
Seminole Casino is a great company to work for. Open 24hrs 7-days a week. It has only been closed for 3 days in ten years due to a hurricane. Fast paced and positive environment
Pros
Free Lunch, promote from within
Cons
Work Life balance, Low pay
great job
Casino Host (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2018
great place to work and would love to come back, I brought alot of money in the casino with my skills with the guests and made alot of friends. I would love to end my career back home where I belong. They treated the workers great with the EDR to employee events. The most fun was taking guest to events such as concerts, lighting games and most important to me was the golfing outings.
Pros
guests
Cons
promotions process wasnt fair
Fast Paced & Productive
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 24, 2018
Very fast paced many things going on at once. There was always overtime due to the volume of calls, requests, and orders we received. It became very stressful due to many promotions and other special tasks Group specialist had to complete.
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Competitive Work Place
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FL 33073February 2, 2019
Fast paced
Great people to work with
Good management
Fun team
Always smiling and welcoming
Great experience with both guest and co-workers
always on time!
Very great place to work
1st shift Entry Level Electrician (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLNovember 9, 2018
Very great place to work. I would recommend to others considering moving to this area. Employee dining is a great benefit and a very relaxed work environment
Don’t work here
Cash Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLAugust 21, 2018
There is a point system which is terrible
Management is a joke
You have to work every single holiday unless it’s your day off
There is a high turn over rate
Pros
Free lunch, bonus, promote with in
Cons
Points, work on holidays, work overnight

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seminole Gaming. Our community is ready to answer.