Seminole Gaming Employee Reviews

Amazing place to work
IT Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 11, 2018
The job location and the coworkers are amazing. Management is fair and supportive when it comes to issues. Benefits are great, pay is fair and the work environment is unlike any other place I have worked
Very great place to work
1st shift Entry Level Electrician (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLNovember 9, 2018
Very great place to work. I would recommend to others considering moving to this area. Employee dining is a great benefit and a very relaxed work environment
horrible
Customer care specialist (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 21, 2018
very horrible management especially Barbara not a place to ever work management is very unprofessional they will promote anyone one despite them having no knowledge of the job and even if you pass out on the job theyll still send you home on a point and you can lose your job
Bustling operation
Director of Casino Marketing (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLOctober 17, 2018
Seminole Gaming offered a very great work opportunity. Very strong management group that allowed team members to manage their departments with sufficient over site to make sure the mission was being followed but without nay micro micromanagement.

One of the busiest casino in the area made for hectic but fun work days with a dedicated team that gave 100% at all times.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Occasional short sighted decision
It was a fun place to work for
Poker Dealer (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLOctober 10, 2018
it was a nice place to be. the mangers knew what they were doing. you would get on average 3 breaks a day, or a total of an hour. they where willing to teach me how to have a great guest satisfaction turnover.
Pros
Free hot lunch once a day, and cold bar all day
Horrible dreadful place.
Room Service Server (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 5, 2018
I worked there from2008 to 2018 started at 19 as a busser, then server and in room dining server eventually. At first was amazing, good benefits (only taking $10 a week for good coverage), good scheduling, competitive pay, understanding management and HR team, a good place to be all round. As the company started growing they honestly destroyed the place. Benefits are extremely expensive and lo coverage (they saving every dime). Management treats you in the “20 are out there waiting for your position” so no job security. In my case they manage to cut my pay from 560 a week including benefits to 280 within a week of notice. Management and high executives will remind you take it or live it at some point. Seems like company looking for ways to save and screw the employees all the time. But the horrible thing is the people you serve, depressing stressed, life hating addicts that you are expected to smile too for a low pay. Seminole hard rock will take the best out of you. I’m glad I’m out and that most of my coworkers walked out right after me.
Pros
only pro is to put in your resume for future jobs.
Cons
everything
Seminole Casino Immokalee
Food and Beverage (Current Employee) –  Immokalee, FLOctober 3, 2018
Seminole Casino is a great company to work for. Open 24hrs 7-days a week. It has only been closed for 3 days in ten years due to a hurricane. Fast paced and positive environment
Pros
Free Lunch, promote from within
Cons
Work Life balance, Low pay
Great company
Director of Public Relations (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 20, 2018
I grew up working for this company and would recommend it to anyone. They pride themselves on a culture of trust and truly live by that. They often promote from within, but do not shy away from external candidates.
Pros
Management training, internal development, employee meals, health care
Cons
Maternity leave program and communication
Fast Paced & Productive
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 24, 2018
Very fast paced many things going on at once. There was always overtime due to the volume of calls, requests, and orders we received. It became very stressful due to many promotions and other special tasks Group specialist had to complete.
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Don’t work here
Cash Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLAugust 21, 2018
There is a point system which is terrible
Management is a joke
You have to work every single holiday unless it’s your day off
There is a high turn over rate
Pros
Free lunch, bonus, promote with in
Cons
Points, work on holidays, work overnight
Great staff
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLAugust 13, 2018
Great place to work at a very face paced. flexible schedules and over time offer.very nice company to work for. Management is nice and helpful as well as my coworkers.
This is a very good company to work for. Great benefit / great food , friendly atmosphere.
Table Games Pit Manager (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek Fl.August 2, 2018
This company is a very good to work for it. Bonus Avery year.
Pros
Good benefit and great free food.
fun workplace environment
Surveillance Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 1, 2018
- Protection of Seminole Tribe assets with the Casino
- Conducting Close watches on patron/employees
- Identifying Procedural infractions and criminal activty
Pros
career advancement, busy work environment, free lunches
Cons
off-site parking
Culture is poor
Support Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 23, 2018
It’s super easy to loose your job. Once you have collected 8 points you are immediately fired. Points are collected by way of being late or not coming in to work (even if you have a emergency) .... I witnessed one employee who was overall great in work performance but was fired due to being hospitalized.... another person same great work ethic, but was fired because they collected all 8 points from not coming into work due to them grieving the death of their child .... work wise it is great ... morally they have dropped the ball ...
Free food
Revenue Audit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 22, 2018
I enjoy the environment. I'm in a office setting so we have a lot of office parties, we try are best to enjoy are coworkers. The floor is hectic, with the noise and smoking, but I'm sure it's exciting everyday.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch
Cons
Long hours as salary
its an ok company to work for
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJuly 19, 2018
the company itself isn't bad its honestly upper management in the cash operation department thats bias unprofessional and theres too many favoritism.. lack of growth because they know who they're going to promote and the turn over rate is HORRIBLE!!!!!! if management actually do their job and not take things personal with certain cashiers and if our director would actually listen to her cashiers questions and concerns and FIX the problem it would be a great and fun workplace.
Pros
free food
Cons
1 point if you call out and .5 points if you're late
Very relaxed setting
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 11, 2018
I loved working with the customers that came in they made the day great we had a great team of employees also we got paid weekly that helped out tremendously with two children
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Swing shift
great job
Casino Host (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2018
great place to work and would love to come back, I brought alot of money in the casino with my skills with the guests and made alot of friends. I would love to end my career back home where I belong. They treated the workers great with the EDR to employee events. The most fun was taking guest to events such as concerts, lighting games and most important to me was the golfing outings.
Pros
guests
Cons
promotions process wasnt fair
Love Table Games
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJune 3, 2018
I only did not enjoy the smoke filled environment, other than that i enjoyed my job, my managers, and coworkers, and most guest i built that personal relationship to because most guests were regulars. Easy to arrange schedule and ask for time off.
Pros
free food, lots of breaks, great management, easy to arrange schedule.
Cons
Smoke
Great place
TABLE GAMES DUAL RATE PIT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Immokalee, FLJune 3, 2018
It was great place to work, Met terrific people from all over the world. The only aspects was the base pay . They follow federal guidelines for employment, yet didn't Not follow federal minimum wages.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seminole Gaming. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about