Seminole Gaming Pay & Benefits reviews

1.Unprofessional
2.Disrespectful towards employees/guests
3.No Communication
4.Management- inconsistent, liars and clueless
5.Scheduling based off Favoritism!!!!!! New Hirers get the best shifts.
6.No room to grow
7.If you are asked to be a Trainer DON'T, they don't like to pay trainers and some haven't received their proper pay and it's been almost a year!!
8.HIGH TURNOVER!!
9.You get points for any/every little thing yo do- the point system determines if you'll be employed or not with the company!!
10.Disconnect & Lazyness
Pros
Cool Co-Workers, 50% off Food, Free Coffee, Bonus
Cons
Not using English in the Workplace, Management, Lack of Communication, Shift/Salary, Unwillingness to Listen, Concerns are considered complaints, Unprofessional
Official response from Seminole Gaming
February 18, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We’d love to learn more about your experience and how we can improve. Please email us at careers@shrss.com

Amazing place to work
IT Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 11, 2018
The job location and the coworkers are amazing. Management is fair and supportive when it comes to issues. Benefits are great, pay is fair and the work environment is unlike any other place I have worked
Horrible dreadful place.
Room Service Server (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 5, 2018
I worked there from2008 to 2018 started at 19 as a busser, then server and in room dining server eventually. At first was amazing, good benefits (only taking $10 a week for good coverage), good scheduling, competitive pay, understanding management and HR team, a good place to be all round. As the company started growing they honestly destroyed the place. Benefits are extremely expensive and lo coverage (they saving every dime). Management treats you in the “20 are out there waiting for your position” so no job security. In my case they manage to cut my pay from 560 a week including benefits to 280 within a week of notice. Management and high executives will remind you take it or live it at some point. Seems like company looking for ways to save and screw the employees all the time. But the horrible thing is the people you serve, depressing stressed, life hating addicts that you are expected to smile too for a low pay. Seminole hard rock will take the best out of you. I’m glad I’m out and that most of my coworkers walked out right after me.
Pros
only pro is to put in your resume for future jobs.
Cons
everything
Official response from Seminole Gaming
January 1, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We care very deeply for our team members and strive to provide competitive benefits such as medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching, hotel/travel and wellness discounts plus many more! After doing extensive evaluation of our packages in comparison to other employers in the area as well as our industry, we find that our compensation and benefits are competitive. If you would like to discuss your benefits and compensation package further, please email careers@shrss.com

Don’t work here
Cash Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLAugust 21, 2018
There is a point system which is terrible
Management is a joke
You have to work every single holiday unless it’s your day off
There is a high turn over rate
Pros
Free lunch, bonus, promote with in
Cons
Points, work on holidays, work overnight
Free food
Revenue Audit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 22, 2018
I enjoy the environment. I'm in a office setting so we have a lot of office parties, we try are best to enjoy are coworkers. The floor is hectic, with the noise and smoking, but I'm sure it's exciting everyday.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch
Cons
Long hours as salary
Great Place
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 11, 2018
Its was fine pay was great just fast paced and when you're schedules like any other job they expect you to be there. it was decent. always fast going and entertaining.
If casino 24/7 environment is for you then it might be the place for you
Hotel Operations (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 7, 2018
Be ready not to have a set schedule, low hourly pay/salary, which will require you to work for tips and overtime. However if you're into casino environment, its unique guests, then it's a place for you.
Pros
You can make money working hard and focusing on your responsibilities not having fun
Cons
You will be dealing with many people who have all kinds of addictions: gambling, alcohol, tobacco, drug etc. which comes down to them being unstable and you dealing with every day stress
fun and safe place to work
banquett server/bartender (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 7, 2018
The best company to work and the Seminole tribe are the best people i ever work with. Of my years working with the tribe i was paid and enjoy every moment with them. They appreciate your work by celebrating your birthday and also every holiday season they celebrate with us by giving gift cards and much more.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch and dinners.
Cons
i have nothing bad to say about working with the seminole tribe
A wonderful place to work and wonderful people to work for.
Corporate Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 5, 2018
When the Seminole decided to go for full time gaming in 2003 and open a franchise Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, I was the 13th employee hired to create Seminole Gaming Administration. When I left in 2014 (family needs) we had grown to over 10,000 employees and the Seminole owned Hard Rock International worldwide! What an employer and company to work for! It's fun, it's exciting, and your career can grow here. Great benefits, great pay, great comeraderie! You'll love working here!!!
Pros
Bonuses, free lunches, free parking, uniforms, great insurance coverage
Cons
Can't think of any!
Fast paced and competitive
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLDecember 28, 2017
Overall the benefits and job security make the job worth while. I also have decent management and great coworkers. Employee appreciate is shown often. Yearly bonus and 500 incentive for perfect attendance.
Pros
Free meals, paid time off, great benefits
Cons
Short breaks under paid, working hours
Good place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 26, 2017
I like to work at this place cause it's fun when you working at place my boss is good the only thing they not paid e much t let people working which us
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long break
Great Company
Purchasing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 7, 2017
Amazing people to work for. Great benefits and lots of opportunity to advance. The company it self is great, you work with tribe members a lot, they are great. The company lets you be who you are and dose not try to work you to the bone.
Pros
free food, icounts, benefits, Pto
Too much Drama
SLOT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLOctober 8, 2017
If you are not "somebody" you are overlooked. Management needs training in social skills, and employee relations. All about the bottom line, not about the guests and employees.
Benefits
Cons
Treatment
Make you work during huricanes
Poker Dealer (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLSeptember 9, 2017
We're in the middle of a category five hurricane and they expect us to come work. This is how much this company cares about its employees. Not at all.
Pros
free food
fast paced and a fun place to wrok
Casino Slot Representative (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLAugust 13, 2017
Very poor management a lot of favoritism the turnover rate is very high when its time for
"Clean up" they will find anything to fire you, not thinking about you and how you're going to pay your bills.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short breaks and very very poor poor management
No other establishment has come close in demonstrating core values and consistency.
Blackjack Dealer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 15, 2017
Easy access to upper management regarding any issues or concerns.
Plenty ways of achieving job advancement.
Meet different people from all walks of life.
Pros
Free lunches, Healthcare Benefits, Wardrobe/Locker
fast paced keeps you sharp on your skills
Slot Technician III (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 13, 2017
Fast paced. excellent support for maintaining equipment keeps you focused. I was in management until this job had no idea I could do what I'm doing now. hardest part of job is keeping the guest satisfied all the time but you find a way. best part is the people I work with.
Pros
good healthcare
Cons
salary
Beverage Server
Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 11, 2017
If you are looking to make decent money at an easy serving job this is the place! If you want to be miserable all the time and hate going to work, apply! The management is absolutely terrible, they are inflexible, and will write you up for every single thing. The casino has a rolling point system. You can only have 7.5 points at a time in a rolling year or you will be fired.
Late? 1/2 point
Cant come in cause you are sick even with a doctors note? 1 point
Cant come in on a holiday? 2 points

No benefits for part time. Cannot work overtime hours.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Terrible Management, Strict Time Off Requests, Point System, Not Flexible, Does not value employees and sees them as replaceable
The gamers where delightful
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLApril 26, 2017
The company requires extensive work from the security there are a maximum responsibilities that the security officers are responsible for every dollar in the casino and that we must follow the money and for them to pay us the amount of money that was being offered is better for them to have children instead of grown ups. But it was a fun place to work.
Pros
They offer free b, l, d. Which saves on your food cost
Cons
The job carries a lot of responsibilities with very litte pay, and departmental structure
Okay place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 13, 2017
They work you to death take your breaks away and management is about being buddies and have a lot of favoritism . There are so many things that need updated. It's a seniority based job you start on overnight grave shift and have to bid on a shift u want but since it's seniority others lIke to more about a lot so plan on being stuck on grave for months.
Pros
Free lunches and shared tips
Cons
Breaks suck. And food stucks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seminole Gaming. Our community is ready to answer.