Seminole Tribe of Florida Employee Reviews

Terrible Work Conditions
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 8, 2019
Management is run poorly and staff are treated unfairly. Professional are treated unfairly with no respect. Highly stressful job and required to work well over 40 hours per week to complete all tasks assigned.
Great opportunity to grow
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 22, 2019
I was able to grow professionaly, learned more of the financial area and not only accounting. First time involved in organizing events. Travel opportunities.
Pros
Very good balance between job and family
Cons
Political changes influencing hires
Interesting
Director (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 11, 2019
Good benefits included health care, lots of attention to detail, strong organizational chain of command, fair pay, interesting working environment with good equipment.
Pros
Good health benefits
Cons
Interesting chain of command
Fun Workplace
Chief Operations Office (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 18, 2018
Busy environment as any corporate office and great pay but no job security. I worked several years here and enjoyed my time while employed and wore many different hats which led to much experience gained.
Pros
Great place to gain experience
Cons
Not a great place to work if you have experience unless its executive
Great place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 26, 2018
Great work place. Great opportunity to grow. Great company. Great benefits. Great people. If you are look for a great company this is the company to work for.
Great Company
Telecommunications Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 20, 2018
Enjoyed working here. Did not stay long because I moved out of state. Learned a lot about the culture and watched the company grow in leaps and bounds.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Sometime too plitical.
Difficult Work Environment
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 22, 2018
over 30 years in the industry, I am not afraid of working hard or giving it my all 24/7. Under my time there, I moved the Titanic from 1 quarter behind budget to a full stretch -no comp or consideration. Not a company for me.
Pros
Cons
Disjointed "corporated" environment
Seminole tribe of florida
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 10, 2018
Seminole Tribe of Florida, took a chance with me, and I very appreciative iI have learned so much. the company always goes above and beyond for their employee.
Pros
we were always going to confrences
Cons
sometimes we were understaffed
Different and Challaging
Operator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 7, 2018
Over see the operations of the Water and Wastewater plant. Daily sample analysis, plant readings, and process adjustment as necessary. The job wasn't hard as long as you stay up to date on the process needs and laws that regulate the product. The Seminole Indians have a strong, proud culture, they embrace many of their ancestors past beliefs. I enjoyed being in the industry and being part of a operation that was proud to lead the way. The hardest part of the job wasn't the job itself, it was the hour and a half commute, one way.
Pros
good pay
Cons
health benefits not that great
Very nice place to work management was awesome
Transfer Station Operator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 2, 2018
I enjoyed my time with the Seminole tribe. They were very good to me and my family. I learned a lot while I was there and would return if I ever moved back to Florida
Pros
Money
Fun place to work
Recreation Aide (Former Employee) –  Brighton, FLJune 7, 2018
Was a great place to work. Developed many relationships with the community. Only thing I really didn't like was the hours at times, due to the fact I had a daughter and I was working night hours.
Pros
Free snacks, ice creams, and gatorades.
Cons
Night hours
great place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 30, 2018
great place to work supervisors were fair and helpful the employees had great benefits and fun times at work had meetings quite often to go over problems that may occur
So much potential
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 10, 2018
The Tribe has the resources ($$$) to attract the best talent available, however with their antiquated methods of managing their work force, people will not want to stay after realizing that they're being treated like high school students. There are a lot of employees in high level positions that have no qualifications to do those jobs, therefore things are rarely done correctly. It's the right place for some people, but if you want to be part of an organization where things are done efficiently, where everyone moves towards the same goal, where there are no political games hindering the success of projects, or where employees are trusted with their time, the Tribe is not for you.
Pros
Good compensation, benefits.Interesting projects.
Good for self starters
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 17, 2018
The culture creates some hostility. At times, there was an ominous feeling in certain departments. They pay well, though employee stress levels may increase. Some positions don't include any form of training.
Serene environment that felt like a vacation. Challenging on many occasions
TOUR GUIDE (Former Employee) –  Clewiston, FLMarch 22, 2018
At the museum it was an educational experience. Outside of the museum was a beautiful boardwalk that transported you from work to a place seemingly untouched by modernization. This was the place to escape and be lost in thought. At the museum, work was challenging especially with all the visitor contact but each contact provided a chance to engage and learn from each other. Notions and engraved beliefs were challenged and transformed. Management was tricky and the political climate at times uncomfortable. The commute to work was difficult being 70 miles 1 way. You are working on a reservation surrounded by the everglades and the nearest town to the reservation where you could live is about 40 minutes drive.
Pros
Beautiful workplace and environment
Cons
Over an hour drive. 70 miles one way.
Its a great place to start off.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 12, 2018
The hardest part of your job will be dealing with these people. The computer is easy to use once you know how to read. It just pays the bill once you work really hard.
N/a
Housekeeping Associate (Former Employee) –  Clewiston, FLFebruary 10, 2018
Nothing good to say from my experience, did not treat me very good after 2 years of working on weekends, would not work with me in any way. Clean Bathrooms, chickee huts, Animal care.
fun, camp counselor
Recreation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 12, 2018
I worked as a camp counselor during the summer in between graduating high school and beginning college in the fall. I worked for a few months, while hanging out with the kids who attended it and got paid to do so.
Pros
during the summer, perks like going on the field trips
Cons
seasonal job
Productive fun place to work at
Surveillance Agent (Current Employee) –  Immokalee, FLJanuary 10, 2018
As a Surveillance Agent there is never a dull moment. Every day is something different. The job can go from 0 to 100 in a second. This is a fast paced, team work job.
Pros
Great Management, Free Lunch, Benefits.
Cons
Short breaks, must be able to sit for 8 hours.
Fun at times. Not a good breathing environment
Emergency Response Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2017
Is fun and friendly. Not good for non smokers. Great people at times. You get to meet many people and it makes the day go faster. I learned how to handle good or bad situations.
Pros
Free lunch. Get to switch departments for better apportinities
Cons
To many smokers. Micromanagers