Semper Solaris
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100

Semper Solaris Employee Reviews

Semper Solaris insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Fun place too work in

Great place too learn many skills outside of solar great culture very proffesional and knowledge emplooyes managers suck overall i learned most of what i know now here

Pros

Company has different trade in the warehouse

Cons

Favortism

HR dept callus

The solar, panel upgrade and battery team, management down to most installers, were the best I've ever worked with. As well as fellow veterans, I really enjoyed working here.

Pros

Good management

Cons

project design dept seems to have little experience in the trade

Operations is a nightmare and you will make less than minimum wage

Stay away, average install timelines are about 6-8 months and your customers will cancel. Any cancellations and they will take back the 70% upfront pay when you least expect it. If you try yo approach anyone about an issue you get rejected.

Pros

Good leads

Cons

Everything else besides the leads

Overcrowded and loud

Overcrowded and loud work area make it hard to hear and stay focused. Constant people bumping into while you’re sitting at your desk working. Management could care less about the workers.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Underpaid for the amount of work

Overworked Underpaid Misogynistic Company

When 8 supervisors quit within 9 months theres a problem. Your overworked underpaid and given unrealistic expectations from people who cannot do your job.

Pros

Cons

management, pay, worklife, no room to grown.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Install

Cool place to work. Great group of people who respects one another. Management is good and are pretty laid back as long as you get the job done in a timely manner.

Pros

Management is cool

Cons

Less hours

Toxic Environment

I would have expected a bit more organization in a company that has it's roots in the military. No one knows what they are doing, and the turnover rate is ridiculously high. All the customers are mad at promises that were given but not kept. Employees are treated like children who can't ever measure up.

Hostile and Toxic/good for brown nosers

This company doesn't seem to care about their employees. It's so small and disorganized that you get faulted for someone else's mistake. They are constantly changing their policies and it seems that they take advantage of those with disabilities.The environment is cutthroat and suporvisors only take the word of the veteran workers.They stress to you, as a new employee, that you should have everything set up and ready to go BEFORE you clock in and will be punished if you're not ready to go when the clock strikes the time you clock in. This is working off the clock.

Awesomeness

I love everything about this company, the employees and the people in charge made me feel like I was important and the health insurance was excellent, and I never got the chance to thank the three guys in charge. Thank you. And thank you for the sweater too :)

Pros

Good company

They are truely awesome

Great place to work they are very lenient when you need time off no matter the situation. Good people to work around. Management could be more organized but they always get their sh** together by the end of the project lol

Set up for failure

This company has no idea what it means to respect each other or to be a team. From their shady business practices to the management clicks like your in high school, either you fit in by keeping your mouth shut and doing exactly what they say no matter how many times their ideas of how to do it changes or get out. This was one of the most miserable places I’ve ever worked, hostile, down talking employees on a daily basis, and treating customers very unethically. For so many reasons this is not a place to work at or do business with.

False Advertising

It's probably a little different now then when I worked there. But it's still the same Company using a gimmick to sell service work. Charging Higher Prices so you can give a Discount is shady and putting an American Flag on all your vehicles is good branding. Employees aren't treated like a team and contary to Advertising The percentage of Veterans employed by Semper Solaris is actually not at high as you would believe. Expect to be lied to to get you to sign a contract. Best advice is shop around if you want them to do any work for you. Do systems work yes, do they always look good no, quality isn't something Semper does well. But they are quick to Abuse the Military and Veteran Reputation.

Pros

Christmas Party Every year

Cons

Over priced, Micro-Managed, Low Quality of Work

Great work/life balance but not so great compensation

Hours are great. Allow you to get a full day's work and get off at a great time to still be home with family. Starting wage is low and you almost have to hound for raises instead of just being re-evaluated for your good performance

Pros

Work schedule, overtime, benefits

Cons

Pay, management team short staffed

Technical support

Good company overall. Rapidly growing and willing to accommodate as necessary. Management ready to take action to make needed changes, willing to listen.

Productive and aweskme place to work

Best job ever, everyone is friendly and soon helpful with any questions you may have. What ever questions or concerns you have get addressed and taken care of.

Pros

Free lunches here and there.

Management is inept and the company doesn't care about employees

If you are ok with management working you to the bone for no pay, then this is the place for you. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone for working. It is truly an awful place to be. The management is bad, and there is no loyalty whatsoever even though they demand it of you.

Pros

Snack Table

Cons

Low pay, no time off, no breaks, strict, employer focused

Management is all about themselves

If you are not part of their click you will be pushed out, they dont care about your performance. They will smile and lie to your face while setting you up for failure when your not looking.

Great group of people. Everyone works hard

I've been at Semper for just less than 2 years and have had a great experience. The culture of Semper has a sense of accountability where everyone just does what they say they are going to do. I've worked at too many companies in the past where this is not the case. Come ready to work hard, but you will be rewarded on the back end.

Pros

good management

Cons

not enough parking

Flexible with my school schedule and an awesome culture

I have really enjoyed working for this company. I am a full time college student and they work around that letting me work when I can. My supervisor does weekly check ins with all of her staff to make sure that we are doing okay. The work culture is fun and comfortable. This job is fast paced and you are constantly learning something new, you will never be bored working for Semper.

Pros

Flexible, good work culture, always learning

Cons

Communication

Great hustle to sharpen sales skills and earn well in fun environment

Semper Solaris offers a healthy, productive work environment that feels and acts like a team. From management to coworkers, it's all about building up and constantly evolving (as SalesForce has) to allow for quality growth as a professional.

Pros

Bonuses, spifs, snacks, lunches, benefits

Mala

Mal pago, mal trato! Malos vehículos, preferencias por familiares

Pros

Locación y beneficios

Cons

Managers, compañía, salario

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Semper Solaris. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

1.4
InHerSight Score
1.3Personal Development
1.4Career Opportunities
1.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight