Sendik's Food Markets Employee Reviews

No Mobility
Home Office (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 12, 2019
Management was awful and only cared about their advancement at the home office. They would promise to help you b grow but when it came time nothing would happen. They expected you to be available even during non working hours. Avoid this company at all costs.
Pros
Nice co workers, free samples
Cons
Low pay, poor benefits, no upward mobility
Some opportunity for advancement
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  WisconsinDecember 3, 2018
overall good place to work to learn on your own and be able to advance. Leadership programs offered. You really have to push and learn on your own to be able to grow.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Work/life balance
excellent company to work for, loved the people i worked with
stocker (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WINovember 16, 2018
management was very fair and accommodating. Store was very clean, the products sold were of the highest quality. unfortunately, I was only able to work there for a shot time due to a relocation, but it is the best job I've ever had.
Friendly people, but salary is less than desirable
DAIRY/GROCERY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJuly 18, 2018
The employees at Sendik's were the only reason I stayed at the company so long. The employees were extremely friendly and easy to get along with, however the pay at Sendik's is much less than desirable. Even though there is an annual bonus, it is some extremely small bonus, about an additional $0.25/hour bonus. It is a nice starting job for kids in high school or going through college, but I would not recommend working here on a long-term basis.
jj
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIJune 19, 2018
I usually bagged and helped older people take heavier items to there cars. I also took out the trash and wiped down conveyer belts and counter tops in the waiting area
Fast-paced
Central Processing Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee County, WIJanuary 13, 2018
Always something to do. Reasonable and negotiable hours. Non-competitive work environment. Had fine management up until my departure from the company.
Pros
Paid Lunch break, decent hours
Cons
Lunch was not free
Good work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 7, 2018
The work environment was great, everyone who I worked with had a positive attitude on everything. The Sendiks that I worked at gave, on average, 15 hours/2 weeks. You could work more if you were willing to travel to other locations.
Pros
Employee only discounts (changed weekly), positive co-workers, amazing managers
Cons
Minimum hours
Great First Job
Cashier/Bagger (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WISeptember 12, 2017
This job is super flexible and great for kids in high school or college. The work environment is great and the customers are friendly as well. The job is fast paced and exciting.
Pros
Flexible, great work environment
Cons
Short shifts, not enough hours
Great management and work environment
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 12, 2017
Management is thoughtful and understanding. Work environment is productive and fun. I enjoyed working at Sendik's and recommend them to anyone. I worked at the store level as well as the home office.
High volumeand fast-paced, with regards to customer service and deli production schedule.
Clerk Associate (Current Employee) –  West Milwaukee, WIJuly 25, 2017
Working in deli, providing high-level of customer service, daily tasks of production varies ( i.e. food prep/packaging), sanitation. Hardest part of job is standing entire shift, most enjoyable part of job is work day goes fast since you are constantly busy.
Pros
Beautiful store, great co-workers.
Cons
Schedule varies week to week, so hard to balance personal life, training inconsistencies.
Fast paced , stressful place to work
Assistant Meat & Seafood Manager, Mequon (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIJuly 10, 2017
Customer service , ordering , scheduling . Helping overseeing about 13 people in department. Helping set displays for customers to purchase product. Inventory
Pros
Healthcare, learning experience
Cons
culture change for negative
Great first job, but don't stick around
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJune 22, 2017
While I was in high school, this made for the perfect job. It has flexible hours and fun, friendly people. Only when I started college did I realize that the 5 hour shifts making near minimum wage just wasn't going to cut it. If you're 16 and looking for a first job, you found it. If you're actually trying to make money and advance in a career, keep looking.
Pros
Friendly, flexible
Cons
Short shifts, low pay, no advancement
A terrible place to work
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Milwaukee, WI/GreenfieldMay 24, 2017
Spent everyday doing labor intensive work that wasn't necessary. A lot of co-workers didn't and wouldn't speak English and mangement would encourage it by speaking Spanish with them. Wages are low even with experience. Being named a top workplace is a joke. I wouldn't encourage anybody to work there.
Pros
You could wear jeans
Good Place to Start
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 2, 2017
They want to cut overtime but question when not all the work is done. Probably were growing to fast when I was there I had three different bosses in 4 months.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Pay
Productive and a fun workplace. Lots of good people.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJanuary 23, 2017
I worked in the office. Customer Service management. I learned how to Casher, bagger, management skills, engage in difficult situations. Fun interactions, wonderful people. Customers are difficult at times.
Pros
Good People, always looking to go forward
Cons
Short Breaks
Very productive and enjoy the people i work with
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WIAugust 19, 2016
They took a chance on me when they hired me i was a stay at home mom and was out of the work world for 4 1/2 years. I really have learned alot from them and they even put me threw a leadership program.
A good first job
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIAugust 10, 2016
This place was a great place to have a first job. I met and became friends with so many of my coworkers, who had the power to make this place into an enjoyable place of work.
Pros
discount, great coworkers
Cons
low pay, no advancement
Laid back
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIMay 7, 2016
A typical day at work went pretty fast. I would be working after school each day. I would come in and see what needed to be filled and then i would go in the back and get the fruits or veggies needed to fill that spot. Towards the end of the night we would bring in the fruits and veggies and are on the ice tables.
Pros
Nice people, Flexible hours
Cons
Didn't always have work to do.
This is my summary of working here
Caterer/Delicatessen Services (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WISeptember 19, 2015
A good and always busy place to work at, new and interesting things
to mix it up.
Nice assortment of age groups of employees to work with.
Sometimes needed more staff for coverage at busy times but difficult for managers to know that.
I certainly would enjoy working with again and left on good terms with the Sendik Family along with there chef , catered area in the store.
Good salary/benefits at that time.
Pros
Good people /pay/benifits/enviornment
Cons
Healthcare/Understanding managing people to be with
Wonderful place to work.
Safety and Sanitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whitefish Bay, WIApril 28, 2015
Wonderful place for young professionals to learn and develop in a fast moving environment. Exciting to see that a grocery store can actually be more than just a grocery store.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sendik's Food Markets. Our community is ready to answer.