SENECA FOODS CORPORATION Employee Reviews

Feels good working there
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYAugust 4, 2018
Good workers and feels like you're welcoming in seneca
Pros
Great service
Cons
Little breaks
fast paced
Ticket tech (Former Employee) –  Princeville, ILJuly 16, 2018
It is a temporary job, But you made more than enough in a week. you basically have no life for 4 months. It's a good job for someone that is older or high school graduate. It's harder if you have going kids to balance your daily life
Very stressful to work there
Foulklift driver (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAJuly 14, 2018
I ben a foulklift driver for seneca for 9 months .i can honestly say is not a good place to work supervisors only look after there self if they dont like you they drive you crazy in to you quit ...so they dont havecto pay you unemploiment...they dont tail you the truth wen you go to the interview..only gife races ones a year and they look for any excuse to dont gife you one ..honestly i dont recoment this company to no one to work there specialy if you are black or hispanic .lebanon pennsylvania seneca is not a good place to work
Pros
Benefics are desent
Cons
Medical insurence is not tht good
hard work
Bean picker (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, WIJuly 1, 2018
I was a bean picker. I worked 12 hours a day. It was long and tiring work, but I got paid. I was good at it. I sorta enjoyed it and I got used to it. I quit cuz i had a baby.
Stacker Operator (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJune 25, 2018
Working and collaborating with others. I learned to use stackers when taking on task to complete orders. A well relaxed environment. hardest part of the job is making sure not any plastic get in to the caned goods. the easiest part of the job is inspecting the goods.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
high paying positions
stressful
canning room maintinance mech. lead pearson (Current Employee) –  Clyman, WIJune 11, 2018
working 40 hours a week during the winter and 80 hours a week during the summer just doesnt balance out for me ,financial or work/family time but not a bad place to work
Ok place to work till now closing the plant
Press Operator/Mechanic Lead (Current Employee) –  Marion, NYJune 11, 2018
Was a good place to work with Good pay and benefits, till the main headquarters decided to close the marion plant down and move the Production to Wisconsin
Would work for Seneca Again if I had the opportunity
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buhl, IDMay 31, 2018
My location was closed, but we had a wonderful local team to work with. I would work for Seneca again if the opportunity arose, however geographically it isn't possible at this time. Pretty good pay and benefits. Great local Management team.
Pros
Opportunity for growth
Seneca Foods
Agricultural Specialist (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 10, 2018
Seneca - Modesto was a great company to work for. The management here was great. The only reason for leaving is that the plant is closing.
All staff was great to work with and management was very understanding of person and family life.
Pros
great place to work great management
Cons
Durning the harvest be ready to work 60+ hour work weeks
Goog
Operario de producción (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYApril 3, 2018
Es muy buena y mi experiencia es que aprendí mucho
Too many hours plus poor management
Operator (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIMarch 7, 2018
You could work up to 3 months with no days off and if you request a day off , most likely not gonna get process on time or fairly and will get denied and it happens to everyone.
Long hours, good pay
Production Verification Inspector (Former Employee) –  Payette, IDFebruary 22, 2018
I enjoyed working there and was quickly promoted to grade 3 after only six months. Fast paced production line labor. Pay is great and weekly paychecks.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
12 hour days, seven days a week.
Too many hours and too many days in a row
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIFebruary 3, 2018
I don't recommend recommend anybody to work there because 12 hours a day 7 days a week from early spring to late fall. Very hard on social and family life. It's okay if you're single person but married it doesn't work
Pros
Cons
Very hot steamy messy environment to work in
Fun workplace
Packager/Assembler (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJanuary 24, 2018
For starters I really liked it I got to meet a lot of new people and we all work together and treated each other with respect I like my job and my manager was very nice was very understanding and made sure we were all safe or wearing on safety goggles or helmet and our gloves if we had any questions he was there everybody support each other we treated each other like family the company itself was like family.
Cons
Short breaks
Good
Ticketing/ Labeling (Former Employee) –  Cambria, WIDecember 18, 2017
This was a good job to work at. Well payed off . Its just a seasonal job for some,But some can stay.There are many different positions. It is a canning factory . Everything from warehouse to sanitation work.
large corperation
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 17, 2017
this was a seasonal job with a lot of staff, I enjoyed working here they paid very well and had a lot of opportunities to learn new skills, the management was very professional
Seneca is good if you like to work a lot of hours.
Seed Technician (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDNovember 4, 2017
Work in cold weather and fast paced. There is pay increase with shift differential. I Learned different ways to condition seed and machinery. The environment is dirty.
Could do much worse
not telling (Current Employee) –  not tellingOctober 10, 2017
I really have nothing bad to say about Seneca itself. I got stuck in a position without an opportunity to move up. They also tend to be on the back end of technology in general.
Pros
Pay/Benefits
Cons
Some environments are better than others
Productive,fast pace,and enjoyable work place
Grader Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 19, 2017
I have enjoyed my job and the people I work with Seneca Foods. We work very hard to keep all production going and great quality to be shipped out to the customers.
To start off Job environment is about agricultural harvest processing
Warehouse highstacker/forklift (Former Employee) –  Glencoe, MNSeptember 6, 2017
Job is about season harvest processing canning vegetables. Corn Peas Green beans it is a seasonal job. Work is six months .The hardest part of the job is when it has rained for more than one day some departments don't work. Is because the fields get to damp and they cannot go in and pick w/the Combines.
Pros
three breaks
Cons
when too much rain slowdown