Seneca Gaming Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Hard to advance, but great benefits.
Culinary Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Salamanca nyApril 27, 2018
It's great but has it's downfalls. Hard to advance as well as it tends to get very stressful at times. I did manage to advance twice in 8 years, although I was passed over more than once with the hiring of less qualified personnel.
Overall, good place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Salamanca, NYApril 18, 2018
Good people to work with and always under scrutiny and observation which is to be expected. No physical labor involved and job can be very boring at slow times but interesting at busy times.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks
Cons
Long drive for some employees and bad weather in winter
Enjoyable dealings with customers
Valet/Cashier/Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 15, 2018
I enjoyed working with the customers, parking their cars and filling their valet needs. Customer service for the most part was enjoyable. Nice working atmosphere
Pros
Customer Service
Cons
Smoking
Nothing to say
Steward (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 4, 2018
This place is a joke,there equipment is broken I was injured because of it cut the ligament tendents and muscle in my ankle and cant sue for the pain and sufferring from this I know have nerve damage
Fun place with good people.
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2018
Upper management, executive level, we're very disconnected from the everyday work team. Immediate managers were fantastic to work for. Genuinely cared for their employees.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMarch 14, 2018
Great place to work. Because of the nature of the business they don't tolerate slackers, druggies and dishonest people. If you're a person who likes to gossip and go out of your way to cause trouble you won't last.
Pros
free meals during your shift, uniforms, healthcare available, ample break times.
Cons
none really...screw up enough and your gone.
I heald this job for 7 months
advantage lounge manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMarch 6, 2018
If you want an overbearing micromanaging direct report then this is the job for you, but beware there's a lot of backstabbing. Also if they see you as a threat to their position, they will force you out.
Pros
free meals, hours
Cons
incompetance
Waitress (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 19, 2018
Seneca gaming is a really good place to work for. The atmospkere is very inviting. No matter what shift you work they always have food for you free of charge. they help you through everything.
Pros
free breakfast lunch dinner
Cons
nothing
Security department is awful.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Salamanca, NYFebruary 6, 2018
Talk about corrupt management. Management was very childish. They had favorites and overall didn't care about officers. They would sit down in the office and watch Netflix or play on their phones. Working at this place as security was a joke. We got paid less than minimum wage for a few weeks then finally got bumped up to the minimum wage. (10.40)
Pros
Overtime, paid holidays
Cons
Management, under paid, fairness
Cut throat management
Employee Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo & Niagara FallsJanuary 31, 2018
2 step corrective action process and termed without cause under false statements given. New Vice president of Human Resources had a personal vendetta against all Senecas working in her department of 3 working for her all 3 were wrongfully terminated. CEO and board stood behind her decisions until the 3 rd one was termed then she was terminated.

Want to know more about Seneca Gaming Corporation?

Ask a question
Always things to do and gets busy.
Snack Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 22, 2018
I have spent several hours working alone in my station which has taught me self reliance because I spend more time on my own. We do takeout, and also serve coffee. Our station also has doughnuts, pizza, quesadillas and red bull. In addition to selling my responsibilities also include changing garbage, mopping, refilling milk and creamer, wiping down tables, and bagging items.
Pros
Free food, paid breaks, provided benefits.
Cons
Minimum wage, short staffed commonly, hard to meet deadlines.
great place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 19, 2017
I have been there for awhile i love my job but just like other jobs you see mangers come and go. the job feels politcal sometimes. but i loved eveything i do there just very hard to advance
Pros
free lunch and benfits amazing
Cons
unsure
Great place with good benefits
Remote Outlet Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYDecember 14, 2017
Good place to work, they treat their employees very well! The armories fast paced however they don't give you much time to spend with your family! That is the only downfall!
Enjoyable working position
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Salamanca, NYDecember 7, 2017
Working there was great until there was bullying in the workplace from another employee who happened to be a Native. Management handled it gracefully but by that time the working environment had been compromised.
Pros
Free lunch, paid lunch time
Cons
No vacation time until employed there for 1 year
Okay
Kitchen Worker (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYDecember 5, 2017
The employees are full of themselves, rude and help you on their terms.
Management is ok
Food is ok
Everything is just ok.
If nothing bothers you that much then it is the job for you.
Pros
Free lunch. Benefits, breaks
Cons
Employee attitude, management
Ok job
Production Service tech (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NY, Niagara Falls, ny and Salamanca, nyNovember 29, 2017
Good learning experience. Worked with some amazing people over six years. The work was both physical and thought based. I worked at all three locations.
Its a nice place in play games in
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYOctober 27, 2017
It's a nice place to enjoy yourself with family and friends. Or a night out alone.u can play adult games in have couple drinking while u playing games the people are nice
Cons
I am a nice preson to work with
Relaxed job, no advancement based on race
IT Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYOctober 23, 2017
They openly descriminate its in their policy. Been working here a year with no advancement yet I know all hat is required+ for my position. Will hire from outside/native over moving up from within. Recommend unless you don't mind staying in a position for years before moving up, else look at another business.
Pros
Good benefits, paid lunches
Cons
No advancement unless native
A fun place to work
Internal Auditor II (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYOctober 12, 2017
Working for the casino was a fun experience with a lot to learn in the gaming industry. The company has intentions to grow so there are opportunities to move around within the organization.
Not a great place to work
Marketing Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYSeptember 30, 2017
Employees aren’t treated good I work at Niagara and everyone is so miserable because we’re all overworked and underpaid. The guest like our other properties because they treat their employees good. There are great benefits you can transfer long as you’re in good standing . With that being said this is a native company so they do have preference over non natives.
Pros
Benefits, buffet style lunch, paid breaks
Cons
Management, pay, smoke