Seneca Gaming Corporation Employee Reviews

A fast paced environment
Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 29, 2018
I've worked with this company for almost 13 years and I love what I do and the benefits are awesome. First year you receive two weeks paid vacation, and two personal days. Holiday bonus if the company has made its quota for the fiscal year.
Pros
Paid breaks
energetic and busy work place
Dual Rate Cage Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NY 14204September 26, 2018
It is a fast paced work place that does offer the opportunity for employees to grow ( but only to a point). Scheduling is not flexible and since it is a 24/7 operation employees are expected to work holidays etc. If the company would offer more competitive wages to both new and existing employees they would likely see better retention.
Pros
free meals, good health benefits, training
Cons
pay not competitive, often short staffed
Fun place to work
ADVERTISING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYSeptember 17, 2018
The short time I was there, I really enjoyed it. There of course were some mundane office days, but the majority of the time there were tons of opportunities to experience all of the fun aspects of the industry.
Watch people
Security Officer/EVS (Former Employee) –  Salamanca, NYSeptember 14, 2018
Security officers all we had to to is make sure that would behave and not drink much.
We had to click them in and out to see how many were coming in and out.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor management
place sucks
Culinary cook (Former Employee) –  Salamanca, NYSeptember 4, 2018
management has their favorites. always being pushed to handle the job of 3-4 people by yourself. job benefits are not worth it, insurance doesnt cover much of anything
Pros
free lunch
Cons
hard to get breaks
Great at first but it is an easy burnout
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJuly 13, 2018
Poor management in EVERY department, its like being in high school honestly. Under paid and over worked is an understatement, if you're not in higher managements "good graces" you WILL NOT advance nor will you keep a job for long. Establishment needs work on the many power trips that go on in there...not worth the few extra bucks that we (table games dealers) make ourselves anyway.
Pros
Free food and soft drinks during shift
Cons
short breaks, very low incentive, absolutely no job security, high overturn
Okay place to work
Payroll Supervisor - Multi-Company (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NY 14303June 26, 2018
Okay place to work if working front of house. Back of house, support groups are understaffed and employees are overworked and overwhelmed.
I like my position, but would enjoy more time to complete duties.
Pros
Free paid lunch, gym on premises in Niagara Falls
Cons
Top heavy
great co-workers
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJune 19, 2018
When employed I've met tons of great people from co-workers to patrons. i loved the positive vibe everyone gave me while i worked there. everyone looked out for each other an made sure we were feeling ok in and out of work.
Pros
free lunch during break
Horrible place to work
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  New York StateJune 18, 2018
Discrimination runs rampant, against women, qualified employees. If you are not a favorite of management or native you will be treated like garbage.
Cons
Mismanagement, discrimination.
Not a good place to work for
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Salamanca, NYJune 17, 2018
The casino is not a good place to work for in the security department. The management play favorites. If a none favorite officer does something wrong they wright you up right away. If one of the favorite does something wrong they do not do anything about it. When it comes to move in in rank they will pick there favorite or a native over the person who is most qualified person for the job. The pay sucks and its very hard to raise a family off the wages. There turn over rate for officers is high and they usually quit in a week due to bad management. I would not recommend working for the company because they really do not care about there employees. The only time they do anything for the workers is once a year they do a company pick neck. I would not refer any one to work for the company.
Pros
They give you free meals and do a company pick neck
Cons
Management plays favorites and they do not pay well
Lots of opportunities
IT (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMay 14, 2018
Overall good place to work. Native Culture is prominent. Good Benefits. As this is a 24 hour ,7 day a week, 365 days a year operation, it is necessary to be on time. Do your job and there are plenty of opportunities for growth.
Hard to advance, but great benefits.
Culinary Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Salamanca nyApril 27, 2018
It's great but has it's downfalls. Hard to advance as well as it tends to get very stressful at times. I did manage to advance twice in 8 years, although I was passed over more than once with the hiring of less qualified personnel.
Overall, good place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Salamanca, NYApril 18, 2018
Good people to work with and always under scrutiny and observation which is to be expected. No physical labor involved and job can be very boring at slow times but interesting at busy times.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks
Cons
Long drive for some employees and bad weather in winter
Enjoyable dealings with customers
Valet/Cashier/Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 15, 2018
I enjoyed working with the customers, parking their cars and filling their valet needs. Customer service for the most part was enjoyable. Nice working atmosphere
Pros
Customer Service
Cons
Smoking
Nothing to say
Steward (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 4, 2018
This place is a joke,there equipment is broken I was injured because of it cut the ligament tendents and muscle in my ankle and cant sue for the pain and sufferring from this I know have nerve damage
Fun place with good people.
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2018
Upper management, executive level, we're very disconnected from the everyday work team. Immediate managers were fantastic to work for. Genuinely cared for their employees.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMarch 14, 2018
Great place to work. Because of the nature of the business they don't tolerate slackers, druggies and dishonest people. If you're a person who likes to gossip and go out of your way to cause trouble you won't last.
Pros
free meals during your shift, uniforms, healthcare available, ample break times.
Cons
none really...screw up enough and your gone.
I heald this job for 7 months
advantage lounge manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMarch 6, 2018
If you want an overbearing micromanaging direct report then this is the job for you, but beware there's a lot of backstabbing. Also if they see you as a threat to their position, they will force you out.
Pros
free meals, hours
Cons
incompetance
Waitress (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 19, 2018
Seneca gaming is a really good place to work for. The atmospkere is very inviting. No matter what shift you work they always have food for you free of charge. they help you through everything.
Pros
free breakfast lunch dinner
Cons
nothing
Security department is awful.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Salamanca, NYFebruary 6, 2018
Talk about corrupt management. Management was very childish. They had favorites and overall didn't care about officers. They would sit down in the office and watch Netflix or play on their phones. Working at this place as security was a joke. We got paid less than minimum wage for a few weeks then finally got bumped up to the minimum wage. (10.40)
Pros
Overtime, paid holidays
Cons
Management, under paid, fairness

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seneca Gaming Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about