Seneca Gaming Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Okay place to work
Payroll Supervisor - Multi-Company (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NY 14303June 26, 2018
Okay place to work if working front of house. Back of house, support groups are understaffed and employees are overworked and overwhelmed.
I like my position, but would enjoy more time to complete duties.
Pros
Free paid lunch, gym on premises in Niagara Falls
Cons
Top heavy
great co-workers
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJune 19, 2018
When employed I've met tons of great people from co-workers to patrons. i loved the positive vibe everyone gave me while i worked there. everyone looked out for each other an made sure we were feeling ok in and out of work.
Pros
free lunch during break
Horrible place to work
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  New York StateJune 18, 2018
Discrimination runs rampant, against women, qualified employees. If you are not a favorite of management or native you will be treated like garbage.
Cons
Mismanagement, discrimination.
Not a good place to work for
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Salamanca, NYJune 17, 2018
The casino is not a good place to work for in the security department. The management play favorites. If a none favorite officer does something wrong they wright you up right away. If one of the favorite does something wrong they do not do anything about it. When it comes to move in in rank they will pick there favorite or a native over the person who is most qualified person for the job. The pay sucks and its very hard to raise a family off the wages. There turn over rate for officers is high and they usually quit in a week due to bad management. I would not recommend working for the company because they really do not care about there employees. The only time they do anything for the workers is once a year they do a company pick neck. I would not refer any one to work for the company.
Pros
They give you free meals and do a company pick neck
Cons
Management plays favorites and they do not pay well
Lots of opportunities
IT (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMay 14, 2018
Overall good place to work. Native Culture is prominent. Good Benefits. As this is a 24 hour ,7 day a week, 365 days a year operation, it is necessary to be on time. Do your job and there are plenty of opportunities for growth.
Hard to advance, but great benefits.
Culinary Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Salamanca nyApril 27, 2018
It's great but has it's downfalls. Hard to advance as well as it tends to get very stressful at times. I did manage to advance twice in 8 years, although I was passed over more than once with the hiring of less qualified personnel.
Overall, good place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Salamanca, NYApril 18, 2018
Good people to work with and always under scrutiny and observation which is to be expected. No physical labor involved and job can be very boring at slow times but interesting at busy times.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks
Cons
Long drive for some employees and bad weather in winter
Enjoyable dealings with customers
Valet/Cashier/Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 15, 2018
I enjoyed working with the customers, parking their cars and filling their valet needs. Customer service for the most part was enjoyable. Nice working atmosphere
Pros
Customer Service
Cons
Smoking
Nothing to say
Steward (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 4, 2018
This place is a joke,there equipment is broken I was injured because of it cut the ligament tendents and muscle in my ankle and cant sue for the pain and sufferring from this I know have nerve damage
Fun place with good people.
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2018
Upper management, executive level, we're very disconnected from the everyday work team. Immediate managers were fantastic to work for. Genuinely cared for their employees.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMarch 14, 2018
Great place to work. Because of the nature of the business they don't tolerate slackers, druggies and dishonest people. If you're a person who likes to gossip and go out of your way to cause trouble you won't last.
Pros
free meals during your shift, uniforms, healthcare available, ample break times.
Cons
none really...screw up enough and your gone.
I heald this job for 7 months
advantage lounge manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMarch 6, 2018
If you want an overbearing micromanaging direct report then this is the job for you, but beware there's a lot of backstabbing. Also if they see you as a threat to their position, they will force you out.
Pros
free meals, hours
Cons
incompetance
Waitress (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 19, 2018
Seneca gaming is a really good place to work for. The atmospkere is very inviting. No matter what shift you work they always have food for you free of charge. they help you through everything.
Pros
free breakfast lunch dinner
Cons
nothing
Security department is awful.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Salamanca, NYFebruary 6, 2018
Talk about corrupt management. Management was very childish. They had favorites and overall didn't care about officers. They would sit down in the office and watch Netflix or play on their phones. Working at this place as security was a joke. We got paid less than minimum wage for a few weeks then finally got bumped up to the minimum wage. (10.40)
Pros
Overtime, paid holidays
Cons
Management, under paid, fairness
Cut throat management
Employee Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo & Niagara FallsJanuary 31, 2018
2 step corrective action process and termed without cause under false statements given. New Vice president of Human Resources had a personal vendetta against all Senecas working in her department of 3 working for her all 3 were wrongfully terminated. CEO and board stood behind her decisions until the 3 rd one was termed then she was terminated.
Always things to do and gets busy.
Snack Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 22, 2018
I have spent several hours working alone in my station which has taught me self reliance because I spend more time on my own. We do takeout, and also serve coffee. Our station also has doughnuts, pizza, quesadillas and red bull. In addition to selling my responsibilities also include changing garbage, mopping, refilling milk and creamer, wiping down tables, and bagging items.
Pros
Free food, paid breaks, provided benefits.
Cons
Minimum wage, short staffed commonly, hard to meet deadlines.
great place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 19, 2017
I have been there for awhile i love my job but just like other jobs you see mangers come and go. the job feels politcal sometimes. but i loved eveything i do there just very hard to advance
Pros
free lunch and benfits amazing
Cons
unsure
Great place with good benefits
Remote Outlet Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYDecember 14, 2017
Good place to work, they treat their employees very well! The armories fast paced however they don't give you much time to spend with your family! That is the only downfall!
Enjoyable working position
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Salamanca, NYDecember 7, 2017
Working there was great until there was bullying in the workplace from another employee who happened to be a Native. Management handled it gracefully but by that time the working environment had been compromised.
Pros
Free lunch, paid lunch time
Cons
No vacation time until employed there for 1 year
Okay
Kitchen Worker (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYDecember 5, 2017
The employees are full of themselves, rude and help you on their terms.
Management is ok
Food is ok
Everything is just ok.
If nothing bothers you that much then it is the job for you.
Pros
Free lunch. Benefits, breaks
Cons
Employee attitude, management