Seneca Nation Of Indians Employee Reviews in Irving, NY

No advancement or job security.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Irving, NYOctober 18, 2018
If your not liked - you will be out the door especially during elections. The higher ups including HR don’t know how to do their jobs right. Some positions in departments barely get a break. The pay is lousy for some departments with the amount of demand that is on a person.
Pros
Benefits only if full time.
Cons
Short breaks, drama
Reorganization
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, NYMay 3, 2018
Very unprofessional human resources department. The director is a puppet for the president and the council. If you are not like you are not given a job.
Very Political
Special Projects Planner and Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, NYSeptember 13, 2017
Very political atmosphere. slow pace, management is somewhat lacking, decisions not necessarily made in the best interests of the community. Excellent number holidays per year.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No advancement
Great Facility
Referral Nurse (Former Employee) –  Irving, NYApril 7, 2016
It was a pleasure to work with the caring individuals of the IHS system. I enjoyed being able to learn about a new culture.
Fun to work
Vision 2020 Intern (Former Employee) –  Irving, NYSeptember 25, 2015
I worked as an intern for their Vision 2020 program, which is for high school and college students. I worked with the Emergency Management department, where I enjoyed spending time with my co-workers.
Its an ok place to work for.
Designer (Former Employee) –  Irving, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Working for the Seneca Nation of Indians is very stressful. They put people into position who are not qualified for the position. when it comes to elections if you don't know the right people you are out of the job.
Great learning expierence and friendly working enviroment
Court Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irving, NYDecember 22, 2014
Handled day to day operations, answered phones, assisted the Judge as well as the Paralegal in research. Prepared and served notices to appear, court summons, and any other pertinent documents that need to be completed in a timely matter. Also handled initial intakes or petitions, processed petition and delivered to the correct personel. Maintained the court calendar, scheduled meetings as well as keeping track of important deadlines to ensure that each case was being handled in an efficient and effective manner. Some days were more hectic than others as we would also issue TRO's and handle land disputes on the territory, as well family disputes over property, as well as monies derived from Estates. I was also responsible for end of the day reports and closing.
Pros
Exceptional benefits
Cons
Stressful as I live in a small commmunity, was unable to go to the grocery store at times due to always being asked in the public about case[s]