Senior Care Centers Employee Reviews

how it is to work here.
Customer Service, CNA (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 19, 2018
great place to work with wonderful professional enviroment esay going but when its time to get things done we do it in a timely fashion. The paitents are great family and staff get along and work wonderfully together. great place to work.
Pros
short lunches
Cons
long breakes
Fast paced, friendly environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Whitesboro, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Senior care center is a friendly, fast paced environment. Everyone worked as a team to accomplish the job. The manager always jumped into help when it was needed, overall great experience.
fun department
Payroll (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 27, 2018
Working within a fast growing company forced departments to work together with a common goal of care that stretches from the corporate level to the line staff level in the facilities was very stressful. Learned much needed knowledge of accounting and working relationships.
benefits
Cons
lack of communication
Professional place to work.
Receptionist (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLAugust 26, 2018
Only worked part time but approved of what I saw. Management was fair and made sure I stayed busy with interesting work. Dedicated staff in assisting senior citizens with their daily challenges.
Pros
Breaks and lunch hours
Do not waste your time
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Oak, TXAugust 24, 2018
Residents don't get attention they need considering its their home. They want you to rush to make sure the residents are put down for the night. Same thing in the morning. I worked the night shift 7 pm to 7 am,and upon my return the next night all the residents were not changed,they still had on the same diapers with my initials and time when I arrived for my next shift. Management don't care about nothing but their pockets. THEY NEVER RETURN PHONE CALLS. If you quit they don't want to pay you.management will give you the run around or make excuses as to why you haven't received your compensation. All in all its a highly stressesful place to work at.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Offers a fast-pace and demanding work environment
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXAugust 21, 2018
PROS:
-I enjoyed the challenges of working in a more demanding and faster-paced work environment
-Supervisors are for the most part understanding of any emergencies, as long as it doesn't become a habit
-Pay is fairly decent compared to the workload
-Benefits are average
-8hr long shifts

CONS:
-Supervisors strangely reward the "lazy" employee with increased leniency/tolerance, fewer expectations/demands and are more frequently chosen to receive employee recognition/appreciation...
-Consequently, Supervisors will then punish the more dedicated/harder-working employee with the demand/expectation of picking up the slack while having a lower tolerance for excuses and increasing their possibility of being written up.
-Promotion within the facility rarely occurs, but when it does is based on favoritism rather than the quality of work being done.
-Supervisors will openly encourage staff to apply for newly available Managerial positions, but most of the time the opportunity is given to an outsider rather than a long term hard working employee
Pros
Challenging, Fast-Paced and very demanding
Cons
Obvious Favoritism, Promotion is highly unlikely and laziness is rewarded
loundry
Laundry Worker (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXAugust 20, 2018
Organizing the laundry room, sorting clothes, using the washer/dryer, use of products, cleaning lint traps, folding clothes/finding symmetry, hanging clothes, clothes storage and handling special clothing.
Would Not Recommend
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hewitt, TXAugust 6, 2018
The residents are sweet, and know how things should be done. Staff is nice but understaffed so they tend to not care as much as they should. Management is decent.
Numerous opportunities with this company, they love to promote success in their employees!
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXAugust 6, 2018
Senior Care Centers is a highly collaborative company that is constantly monitoring all of their facilities to ensure the best care is given to the patients. They treat their employees with respect, and promote the hardworking employees constantly. They have all the tools for success, and love to educate their employees at the drop of a dime. I love working for this company!
Pros
Constant management support, and opportunity for career advancements within the company!
Cons
Dealing with new employees who lack the inititive to work, causing staff turnover.
Rewarding workimg with the eldery
Dietary Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, TXJuly 31, 2018
You must love the elderly I love the compassion they show to us . Working with nursing to insure they get the proper diets it is a very rewarding career.
Pros
Helping the elderly
Cons
To stressful
The Rosewood
Admissions Director (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 24, 2018
The Staff at Rosewood are wonderful. The problem is the Corporate Managers for the Region. They are unreasonable and unprofessional. They manage the region by threatening the staff with their jobs continuously. People get fired constantly. They are all about the money not the patients.
Pros
Nice location and working environment
Cons
Cut throat, no security
Horrible company
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJuly 13, 2018
This company is horrible. The most awful place I have ever worked. Poor benefits supplies for patients are pathetic. Buildings stink and are nasty. Food and laundry for patients is horrible
Pros
Nomr
Cons
Awful plave
Future 5 Star Community
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Portland, TXJuly 7, 2018
Complaining without a solution is whining.
SCC is open to problem solvers. They encourage thinking outside the box and not that type of thinking that defines insanity.
We are learning to unify our diversity, bridge our gaps, and reach out to each other for success. Our residents love us and we love them! Our Corporate management is the best. They are mentors and lead, not push. We are change agents and learning to become effective leaders.
Pros
Great workplace, benefits, breaks
Cons
Shifts go by too quickly. Vending treats too high
don't work there
Maintenance Director (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 5, 2018
Don't work for this company, to many issues. Company don't pay their invoices, burning companies in it's path of greed.. Many will NOT do business with this company, won't allow and credit.
Front office is weak and will stab you in the back to save their own job. little or no raises. They care more about profits then care for the residents. Administrator is weak and a coward. No morals. Let's the D.O.N. run the building. Over bearing and power hungry.
Pros
you get to go home at the end of the day
Cons
everythings from the front office and the home office
Fun and energetic environment
Program Aid (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJJune 9, 2018
I loved The paitents at senior care they are loving and you build a relationship with every one of them working there i dont feel like the compensate the way they should but i still loved my paitents and job regardless
Easy and slow paced
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXMay 29, 2018
A great job to work at if you aren't use to moving fast . The pay is just really small. They don't offer any raises , and barely offer any overtime pay .
Pros
Supply lunch
Cons
They dont provide a good break
Room for Improvement
Charge Nurse LVN (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXMay 27, 2018
It was not a horrible company to work for, just too many revolving doors. If they find the right mgmt team, they would be excellent employers. Unfortunately, in this culture, not everyone understands the hard work involved in "nursing homes." Especially nursing homes run by a corporation. I left to further my education, but if I hadn't made that decision, I would still be there.
Pros
Great pay and incentives.
Cons
Often short-staffed, horrible work-life balance.
Very poor culture, and moral.
Management (Former Employee) –  Socorro, TXMay 22, 2018
It’s a very horrible place work. Went through 4 administrators in 1 year. All coming in positive but quickly learn that corporate pulls the strings. So you fall in line or fall out. The management turnover rate is high because there is absolutely no back up, no teamwork. The administrators they hire have no back bone for good reason they’re easy to push around. 3-4 IJs in a 6 month period shows that the facility is lacking and had zero structure. Do not put your license on the line for this company, it’s definitely not worth it at all.
Pros
Pay is competitive
Cons
Low moral, high turnover, weak upper management, corporate consultants lack knowledge
I wouldn't admit my dog to live in this place.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hewitt, TXMay 21, 2018
Management and most of the staff are horrible lazy people. Very selfish, self centered employees that are there for the wrong reasons. Most do not care about their jobs they just show up to gossip and look good for a pay check. If you love drama them you came to the right place because this facility is full of it, they should have their own tv show. When I walked into this place the outside is very nice but the inside is pure trash. Stains on the floor, food sitting around and the smell of urine is masked only by glade plug ins that isn't fooling anyone. Poorly staffed and never enough aids on the floor for all shifts. Very cheap place. Everything is all about saving a dollar so the management can put it back in their pockets. Hardly any supplies to get the job done (briefs, wipes, pads etc.) Sadly it's the residents that suffer not the staff. I do not recommend working here or admitting your loved one's in this facility.
Pros
Cons
Nightmares from this place
Poor Leadership
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 7, 2018
The leadership at SCC is lacking true direction and ability to develop a culture that supports and values their employees and the contributions they make.
Cons
Senior Leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Senior Care Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7