Senior Care Centers Employee Reviews

Horrible company
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJuly 13, 2018
This company is horrible. The most awful place I have ever worked. Poor benefits supplies for patients are pathetic. Buildings stink and are nasty. Food and laundry for patients is horrible
Pros
Nomr
Cons
Awful plave
Future 5 Star Community
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Portland, TXJuly 7, 2018
Complaining without a solution is whining.
SCC is open to problem solvers. They encourage thinking outside the box and not that type of thinking that defines insanity.
We are learning to unify our diversity, bridge our gaps, and reach out to each other for success. Our residents love us and we love them! Our Corporate management is the best. They are mentors and lead, not push. We are change agents and learning to become effective leaders.
Pros
Great workplace, benefits, breaks
Cons
Shifts go by too quickly. Vending treats too high
don't work there
Maintenance Director (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 5, 2018
Don't work for this company, to many issues. Company don't pay their invoices, burning companies in it's path of greed.. Many will NOT do business with this company, won't allow and credit.
Front office is weak and will stab you in the back to save their own job. little or no raises. They care more about profits then care for the residents. Administrator is weak and a coward. No morals. Let's the D.O.N. run the building. Over bearing and power hungry.
Pros
you get to go home at the end of the day
Cons
everythings from the front office and the home office
Easy and slow paced
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXMay 29, 2018
A great job to work at if you aren't use to moving fast . The pay is just really small. They don't offer any raises , and barely offer any overtime pay .
Pros
Supply lunch
Cons
They dont provide a good break
Room for Improvement
Charge Nurse LVN (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXMay 27, 2018
It was not a horrible company to work for, just too many revolving doors. If they find the right mgmt team, they would be excellent employers. Unfortunately, in this culture, not everyone understands the hard work involved in "nursing homes." Especially nursing homes run by a corporation. I left to further my education, but if I hadn't made that decision, I would still be there.
Pros
Great pay and incentives.
Cons
Often short-staffed, horrible work-life balance.
Very poor culture, and moral.
Management (Former Employee) –  Socorro, TXMay 22, 2018
It’s a very horrible place work. Went through 4 administrators in 1 year. All coming in positive but quickly learn that corporate pulls the strings. So you fall in line or fall out. The management turnover rate is high because there is absolutely no back up, no teamwork. The administrators they hire have no back bone for good reason they’re easy to push around. 3-4 IJs in a 6 month period shows that the facility is lacking and had zero structure. Do not put your license on the line for this company, it’s definitely not worth it at all.
Pros
Pay is competitive
Cons
Low moral, high turnover, weak upper management, corporate consultants lack knowledge
I wouldn't admit my dog to live in this place.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hewitt, TXMay 21, 2018
Management and most of the staff are horrible lazy people. Very selfish, self centered employees that are there for the wrong reasons. Most do not care about their jobs they just show up to gossip and look good for a pay check. If you love drama them you came to the right place because this facility is full of it, they should have their own tv show. When I walked into this place the outside is very nice but the inside is pure trash. Stains on the floor, food sitting around and the smell of urine is masked only by glade plug ins that isn't fooling anyone. Poorly staffed and never enough aids on the floor for all shifts. Very cheap place. Everything is all about saving a dollar so the management can put it back in their pockets. Hardly any supplies to get the job done (briefs, wipes, pads etc.) Sadly it's the residents that suffer not the staff. I do not recommend working here or admitting your loved one's in this facility.
Pros
Cons
Nightmares from this place
Poor Leadership
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 7, 2018
The leadership at SCC is lacking true direction and ability to develop a culture that supports and values their employees and the contributions they make.
Cons
Senior Leadership
Unprofessional
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 27, 2018
Staff is rude and unprofessional. Management looks the other way and plays favorites. Building in unkempt and unclean. Some care practices are illegal and encouraged by supervisors. You are paid almost nothing to do the work of 2 or 3 others. Staff is always getting fired or given write ups. No training for improvement.
Cons
Love working here, great people
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 26, 2018
Loved going to work everyday. Everyone always has a smile on their faces. The people there love their jobs. However, CNA's are not on time and sometimes always late.
Great
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 9, 2018
Great place to work! I was very nervous reading all of the negative reviews, but I don't have any complaints. Hopefully I can stay with this company a long time.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMarch 23, 2018
The company is excellent the environment is pleasant. Great place to work as an cna. Friendly environment. Everything is organized. I love the fact that the company offers 401 k and health insurance.
Pros
The facility is very organized and structured
Cons
The pay is low
High staff turn over, low pay and bad management
LVN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 17, 2018
Staff come (DONs, ADONs and other management included) and go all the time. Management pretends they care until they have to work the floor (which means actual pt care) then will try to weasel out of it even if it leaves you with unsafe ratio numbers. They never say thank you. You are overly stressed from the work load and management expects you to work all the time to fill in the empty spots in the schedule so they don't have to come in. They offer incentives to pick up shifts sometimes, but it requires a lot of paperwork with approvals for a mere $25. Management will write you up and throw you under the bus so they don't get in trouble, but can't figure out why staff leaves. On the brightside if you are willing to put up with all this then you will never be out of a job.
Very stressful, unfair employee treatment, lack of concern for their employees
Insurance Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 2, 2018
This company is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. They continue to purchase nursing homes thus adding to the work load but refusing to add staff.

It wasn't too bad when they only owned a few facilities but the company experienced growing pains too rapidly. That coupled with ineffective management has resulted in a company on life support.
Pros
Wellness program was great free food! The pay was not too bad.
Cons
Too few employess for the work load and ineffective management
Face Pace Environment
Food and Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 24, 2018
Very fast pace environment with the oipportunity to learn different roles. Assisted preparing trays for patients. I enjoyed meeting the patients and enjoyed caring for them through serving them. I worked in a team enviroment and quickly learned that the job must get done, even if I had to carry sometimes more weight then delegated. At the end of the day I realized that we were a team and supported each other. I learned alot of information about serving different types of patients with heatlth issues. I enjoyed working with the Team and feeling at the end of the day I accomplised something worth while.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Not enough hours and pay
PPS/MDS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 21, 2018
Very up to date and fast paced company. Company provides the most up to date equipment necessary to complete job. The company is and will continue to grow.
Pros
up to date
Cons
large company
Used to be a good to work not anymore.
LVN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXFebruary 20, 2018
Cedar Bayou Nursing Rehab management rude, disrespectful, don’t know to communicate with worker, never have enough staffing.always one Cna per hall and management makes no efforts to rectify situations, administrator like to shout and yell at workers.
Worse place ever
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXFebruary 17, 2018
I’m only giving it one star because I had to in order to write a review. Senior Care Denton is the worse place to work. No cap on nurse/resident ration, not enough nurses, not enough CNA’s, too many chiefs not enough Indians. Therapy department is short staffed, everyone running all day long, no lunch breaks but they automatically take 30 minutes off your time; break or no break. State surveyors are in the building all the time because of resident/family complaints. It’s the most unorganized, unprofessional place I have ever worked! I wouldn’t let my dog live/work there!
Pros
Zero
Cons
Low pay, no lunch, short staffed, stressful, too many residents per nurse/CNA, unprofessional, no management, long shifts, the list goes on and on. It’s a nightmare environment!
Fast-paced, yet hectic
Hardware Services Technician / Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2018
SCC is a company filled with optimism concerning growth, but mired in backwards in-fighting, company politics, and resource shortages. Major management upheaval is common and expected, with entire branches being created and trimmed within a matter of months. Volatility is the norm, and those who have been fortunate enough to stay there for extended periods of time have worked themselves into a niche that newcomers will likely never reach.
Pros
Downtown location, near public rail
Cons
large turnover, struggle for resources
Working here is Challenging at it's Best
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 5, 2018
This has been an opportunity for growth and learning to sit still. We have very little balance or direction with regards to policys and practical management.

Obstacles/Challenges outweigh the Opportunities/Benefits 4 to 1
Pros
Exposure to the Largest LTC Provider in TX
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Senior Care Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7