Senior Care Centers Employee Reviews

Do not waste your time
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Oak, TXAugust 24, 2018
Residents don't get attention they need considering its their home. They want you to rush to make sure the residents are put down for the night. Same thing in the morning. I worked the night shift 7 pm to 7 am,and upon my return the next night all the residents were not changed,they still had on the same diapers with my initials and time when I arrived for my next shift. Management don't care about nothing but their pockets. THEY NEVER RETURN PHONE CALLS. If you quit they don't want to pay you.management will give you the run around or make excuses as to why you haven't received your compensation. All in all its a highly stressesful place to work at.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Productive supportive organization with stress
Administrator (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 18, 2018
I enjoyed working for SCC. They supported the mission and the center I worked at. The biggest challenge was staffing, we never had enough. It’s an issue statewide in Senior Living. They expect you to do the job and give you the tools to do so. If you don’t succeed, it’s because you didn’t try or have the wrong team.
Pros
Salary, corporate support, learning opportunities, fair budgets
Cons
Work life balance, staffing challenges, employee complainers
Horrible company to work for
Director of Social Services (Former Employee) –  Crowley, TXDecember 4, 2018
Does not care about employees regardless of how long you work for them; constant administrative turn over. Good luck with getting a raise. Does not value residents at all. All about money plenty of unsafe discharges because of wanting to save money with Medicare bundles.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Everything / current administrator
Offers a fast-pace and demanding work environment
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXAugust 21, 2018
PROS:
-I enjoyed the challenges of working in a more demanding and faster-paced work environment
-Supervisors are for the most part understanding of any emergencies, as long as it doesn't become a habit
-Pay is fairly decent compared to the workload
-Benefits are average
-8hr long shifts

CONS:
-Supervisors strangely reward the "lazy" employee with increased leniency/tolerance, fewer expectations/demands and are more frequently chosen to receive employee recognition/appreciation...
-Consequently, Supervisors will then punish the more dedicated/harder-working employee with the demand/expectation of picking up the slack while having a lower tolerance for excuses and increasing their possibility of being written up.
-Promotion within the facility rarely occurs, but when it does is based on favoritism rather than the quality of work being done.
-Supervisors will openly encourage staff to apply for newly available Managerial positions, but most of the time the opportunity is given to an outsider rather than a long term hard working employee
Pros
Challenging, Fast-Paced and very demanding
Cons
Obvious Favoritism, Promotion is highly unlikely and laziness is rewarded
don't work there
Maintenance Director (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 5, 2018
Don't work for this company, to many issues. Company don't pay their invoices, burning companies in it's path of greed.. Many will NOT do business with this company, won't allow and credit.
Front office is weak and will stab you in the back to save their own job. little or no raises. They care more about profits then care for the residents. Administrator is weak and a coward. No morals. Let's the D.O.N. run the building. Over bearing and power hungry.
Pros
you get to go home at the end of the day
Cons
everythings from the front office and the home office
Not the best place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 3, 2019
I worked at this facility for about three months , so not very long but I can say that even in the short time amount of time that I was there it was horrible to say the least. I did love seeing the residents everyday and visiting with them, however, that is the only good thing about the job. I was constantly overworked with little pay. I felt exhausted and drained coming home from work which honestly made me not even want to go back the next day. No one worked as a team at all and most of the time the residents didn't get the care they really needed. I got some good experience, but it wasn't worth hating it at the end of the day.
Pros
The residents and their families are the best part about the job
Cons
underpaid, bad management, no teamwork, long hours
fun department
Payroll (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 27, 2018
Working within a fast growing company forced departments to work together with a common goal of care that stretches from the corporate level to the line staff level in the facilities was very stressful. Learned much needed knowledge of accounting and working relationships.
benefits
Cons
lack of communication
Stressful, Unappreciative and just out for the dollar.
Administration (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 10, 2018
At first they seemed like they were really out for the residents. There were MULTIPLE changes on the executive level in the few short years that I was there. With each change only negative things were implemented. While each new executive pulled an excellent salary it was off the backs of its employees and residents. Not only is staffing cut to the bone in all of their buildings but the equipment and products used to care for their residents are bottom of the barrel. The administrator and DON are constantly having to field calls and visits from vendors that haven't been paid. They will refuse to acknowledge a problem unless they are having to pay fines to the state because of it. Then they will throw money at it until it goes away and then go right back to their old ways. They use a set of "values" that they market to their employees that they no longer go with. The acronym is "IGREW".
I=Integrity- this is laughable as they will only do what is in the executives best interest. They will hide whatever needs to be hidden as long as they stay out of trouble.
G= Growth. If you are unlucky enough to promote then you are thrown to the wolves. Then penalized for making mistakes.
R= Respect. You won't see any. From the executives to the management staff in the buildings you will be disrespected as not only an employee but as a person.
E= Excellence. There is none. Residents are often neglected and they will do whatever to cover it up.
W= Wellness. You can't have wellness when they work you hours and hours of overtime and expect that you are perfect.

To sum it
  more... up. Don't work for Senior Care. No matter the location.  less
Pros
The pay was decent
Cons
No breaks; unpaid overtime; unrealistic expectations
Horrible company
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJuly 13, 2018
This company is horrible. The most awful place I have ever worked. Poor benefits supplies for patients are pathetic. Buildings stink and are nasty. Food and laundry for patients is horrible
Pros
Nomr
Cons
Awful plave
Numerous opportunities with this company, they love to promote success in their employees!
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXAugust 6, 2018
Senior Care Centers is a highly collaborative company that is constantly monitoring all of their facilities to ensure the best care is given to the patients. They treat their employees with respect, and promote the hardworking employees constantly. They have all the tools for success, and love to educate their employees at the drop of a dime. I love working for this company!
Pros
Constant management support, and opportunity for career advancements within the company!
Cons
Dealing with new employees who lack the inititive to work, causing staff turnover.
Easy and slow paced
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXMay 29, 2018
A great job to work at if you aren't use to moving fast . The pay is just really small. They don't offer any raises , and barely offer any overtime pay .
Pros
Supply lunch
Cons
They dont provide a good break
Respectfully Decline
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 13, 2018
Typical day for a DBD begins at 7am with calls from case managers from assigned hospitals. Followed by morning meeting that end around 11am. Calls to current referral sources and to get updates on hospitalized patients. Upper level management seems to be very disconnected from what truly is going on in the market place. Workplace morale at facilities is very low and employees don't feel ownership in the success of the company. Hardest part of the job is that Senior Care has a horrible on-boarding process. They literally throw you into territory and you learn as you go or by making mistakes.
Cons
Filed bankruptcy and didnt payout commissions
Day at work
LVN-RAC MDS Specialist (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 10, 2018
Start my day early every morning. Review my buildings I have for any errors or help. Primary supervisor is good in helping - others do not assist or answer emails. Hardest part of this job is not having upper management follow thru with what they have promised. Most enjoyable part of this job is helping all the MDS Nurses that are under my supervision.
Pros
Discount with phone services
Cons
No bonuses or any rewards
Working here is Challenging at it's Best
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 5, 2018
This has been an opportunity for growth and learning to sit still. We have very little balance or direction with regards to policys and practical management.

Obstacles/Challenges outweigh the Opportunities/Benefits 4 to 1
Pros
Exposure to the Largest LTC Provider in TX
Cons
Very poor culture, and moral.
Management (Former Employee) –  Socorro, TXMay 22, 2018
It’s a very horrible place work. Went through 4 administrators in 1 year. All coming in positive but quickly learn that corporate pulls the strings. So you fall in line or fall out. The management turnover rate is high because there is absolutely no back up, no teamwork. The administrators they hire have no back bone for good reason they’re easy to push around. 3-4 IJs in a 6 month period shows that the facility is lacking and had zero structure. Do not put your license on the line for this company, it’s definitely not worth it at all.
Pros
Pay is competitive
Cons
Low moral, high turnover, weak upper management, corporate consultants lack knowledge
I love my job!
Director of Business Development (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 15, 2018
Building new relationships with Dr.'s and Case Managers
Top performer Month after Month
Working with Hospice and Home Health Companies
Organizing Community Events
Organizing Networking Mixers
Follow up with families and patients after admitting
Professionalism
Strong Customer Service Skills
Works well alone and with others
Team player
Excellent organizational skills
Don’t do it!
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 3, 2017
Cooperate is unorganized, especially HR. I got my paycheck 5 days late because it was never issued and no one seemed to care. I wouldn’t advise working here if you have any kind of family or social life. As a salaried employee I worked some days from 7:30 am to 8 pm. Couldn’t even get time off for lunch or doctor appointments. They’re not not employee friendly, because they simply don’t care. Promises made before I started never happened. Horrible management.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Too many to list.
Room for Improvement
Charge Nurse LVN (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXMay 27, 2018
It was not a horrible company to work for, just too many revolving doors. If they find the right mgmt team, they would be excellent employers. Unfortunately, in this culture, not everyone understands the hard work involved in "nursing homes." Especially nursing homes run by a corporation. I left to further my education, but if I hadn't made that decision, I would still be there.
Pros
Great pay and incentives.
Cons
Often short-staffed, horrible work-life balance.
Excellent place to work staff are very carinh
Director (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 12, 2019
Supportive leadership team. Ceo is fabulous. A great environment. Team work is always priority. The residents are very nice and supportive of their care providers nurses are very professional and highly skilled.
Horrible Company!
Facility Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 1, 2018
If you like to get your paychecks late then this is the place for you. This place has been falling apart since I arrived and still crumbling as I leave. Cannot advance unless you through someone under the bus for their position and the overall office culture is just horrid. WORST PLACE TO WORK EVER!!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Senior Care Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7