Senior Lifestyle Corporation Employee Reviews

Don't Do it!!
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  South USJuly 17, 2018
No support provided from corporate. Training is pretty much non-existent. Was on call 24/7/365 with no relief or support. It's very much about numbers, not employees or residents. Corporate management is cut throat, very stark and rude. Do not listen or communicate well. Almost 2 years of physical and mental exhaustion with more demands from corporate to do more! Very few days off, none without a phone call, text, or email. Very few nights sleep. Dont even worry about PTO time, you cant take it. Do not reply to requests for help or guidance, but respond quickly to a move out or census 1 below budget! Set unreal numbers for budget. Now I know why community management changes so frequently at all locations!
Pros
Residents, staff
Cons
Corporate, upper management
Better management in food service
Server (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJuly 11, 2018
One excellent dining director but the other dining manager needs to go.No team work workers do as they like most times.Too much call offs go unnotice.
Stress. Unless you love people who gossip even on off day
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJuly 5, 2018
Very bad workers who got away with bad treatment of co workers. And lack of care for residents I mean no responses to calls from residents. Favoritism. Cleaning not really done.
Pros
Human resourses
Cons
Everything else
Overworked Underpaid
N/A (Former Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDJune 26, 2018
Management has poor communication throughout departments, the pay is below average an the work load is heavy with inadequate staffing it’s very stressful the staffing turnover is frequent with daily call outs...Department directors are non supportive with team members an seldom engage with residents . Members of Corporate that visit periodically are very arrogant, demanding An non social with employees .,The residents however are amazing they are the 1 reason this company strives. Otherwise it’s not worth it.
Pros
Residents are Wonderful
Cons
Lack of support from management, poor communication, pathetic pay, short breaks.
Love working here
Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 21, 2018
I have been working with Senior Lifestyle for a couple weeks and it has been absolutely wonderful!! Management goes above and beyond with making the on boarding process smooth and making sure that you have everything you need. The environment and culture of the company is very inviting and welcoming, I could not be more happy to be employed here. Corporate management is very involved and wants to help you succeed. I highly recommend working for this company!!!
Pros
Management cares, great culture, work and home life balance
One of the worst companies I have ever worked for
Evergreen Retirement Community (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 21, 2018
I worked for Evergreen for over a year. One of the nurses was promoted to a manager-like position, and therefore already had personal friendships/relationships with some of the aides. These people were treated better than others, causing an unfair and uncomfortable work environment. I worked very hard, and sadly, no one realized it or cared because I wasn't friends with the supervisors. I was also attending school at the time. The facility looks beautiful on the outside, but the inside was a mess - filled with roaches, and disease and illnesses spread very quickly. (norovirus outbreak of 2016 for example. Not to mention, I got sick because of this and was penalized for calling off due to my illness.) Lack of compassion, favoritism, and zero room for advancement. When I took a lunch break, no one answered my call lights. Short staffed constantly. I expressed my desire to leave after being treated unfairly, and the response was "Good luck finding another job, because you can no longer work for any Senior Lifestyle affiliates." Stay far away from this place. Might I add, I found a better position with one of the top companies in the state.
Pros
Cons
no advancement
Do Not work at Carriage Court Kenwwood
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati OHJune 20, 2018
Management and morale is awful here
Find a better job with friendly staff
No job security
Benefits are ok
No leadership, been without Executive Director 3 months
Building needs updating
Census is down
Memory care units are not beneficial to the residents, need better programs
DHW is too young and inexperienced so not as respected by families
Pros
its a job
Cons
Morale of community
Sucked me dry
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Southwest USJune 18, 2018
24/7/265 with virtually no PTO. Calls all night long and all weekend. Hard to recruit due to edge-of-metro location. Very competitive business in saturated area.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No PTO, no life
Different strokes for different folks...poor management
Concierge (Former Employee) –  MarylandJune 14, 2018
As a former employee, management is the worst that I have ever worked with. I was an excellent employee, dependable and a team player. Never been written up or reprimanded for any reason. Made 1 mistake and when I meet with management and explained that I was not aware and told the manager that if I was doing something wrong or in error please let me know so I can correct it...She said that she will get back to me and the next thing I knew was that I was getting a phone call saying I was terminated. It was explained to me that my error is in the handbook but after reading it, the wording was in such corporate language, that I didn't really understand it and also who really knows the handbook front and back. The BOM was even incompliance with the handbook and she still there.. something is wrong with that picture...The corporation also does not consider the residents needs and wants......
Supportive Home Office and great leadership
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  I travel 100% throughout the United StatesJune 13, 2018
As an employee in the Senior living industry for over 30 years, I have finally found a company that aligns with my values and has shown me respect and great communication.
Senior Lifestyle has proven to be the company that although still have the same goals and expectations as other companies but pulls it off with grace and tact.
I have been welcomed by so many all throughout the company and I’ve received the support needed to be successful in my position.
Pros
Cons
Nothing that I can think of
Good job for a short time.
Line Staff (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 15, 2018
Co workers and residents are great. The corporate office is the biggest downfall for the properties. They do not provide any guidance or support and there is no communication or follow through, which is horrible since they have to make the final decisions on most subjects.
Pros
My co workers and the residents
Cons
The corporate office!!!
Dont go there
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, MIMay 15, 2018
This senior lifestyle is new to Michigan. In Birmingham. I see favortism already. The housekeeper manager and other full time housekeeper were friends. I left because i knew i would not be treated fairly.
Pros
The ED was very friendly
Cons
Favortism
good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMay 14, 2018
Always short staff but it was alot of opportunitties for overtime and the residents and families were really nice compassionate and willing to work with the care team. Management team overall was mediocore. The Current DON is Awesome.
RUN!!!! As far and as fast as possible!!!
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHMay 9, 2018
Worst corporate management I have seen in my 33 year career!
Went thru 5 Executive Directors in approximately 18 months.
Only has 1-2 employees with over 1 year seniority. Unbelievably HIGH turnover!!
Pros
Great residents
Cons
LOUSY Corporate management, HIGH turnover, LOW pay
They push so hard to provide the best for the residents.
Server (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILApril 30, 2018
And I like and understand that. So I strive always to offer friendly and prompt service to all resident's of NSP for Breakfast and Lunch. But with the other servers on the lunch shift, there is no team work. The work go's so much faster when a coworker is helping you out.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Nobody steps up to offer help on any shift.
Overworked underappreciated
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAApril 30, 2018
Long hours, demands from too many departments, poor communication. The right hand doesn't know or care what the left hand is doing. Loved working with families and staff was amazing.
You are just a number at the end of the day. They do not appreciate their staff members.
Former Supervisor (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILApril 27, 2018
I loved my job and gave the company many years of compassionate, dedicated, honest, hard working loyal service.
The best part was working with the residents. It was sincerely a rewarding experience. The days were often filled with many, many different tasks and we as employees wore many hats. Multi-tasking was a must as a director. I had a great staff but we were often not given the tools we needed to do the best job we could.
Pros
Working with the elderly
Cons
Corporate management
Productive and fun place to work
DIRECTOR OF WELLNESS, SENIOR LIFESTYLE (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILApril 17, 2018
They are on the cutting edge of operations as it relates to independent, assisted, and supportive living. They are constantly evolving to meet the needs of its clients and future clients.
A Great Place to Work
Other (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, WIApril 9, 2018
Senior Lifestyle is a great place to work with lots of friendly residents, staff and families! Love coming to work as everyday is new with lots of variety. The resident input is key to each community and what they plan on for the month. This is quite unique to develop a culture around the people that live there making it feel like home. Friendly and inviting! Some days can be challenging, however, there is lots of support to help figure things out when they come up. The training is wonderful and if you are looking to move up in the company, there is lots of opportunity locally, as well as nationally.
Corporate support nonexistant
Maintenance Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2018
Regional manager for my building gave no support at all for open positions. They hired staff who had red flags on background checks for aggression to be department heads. When this same person threatened staff, corporate office ignored their safety.
Very poorly run right down to giving out business cards with senior lifestyle spelt wrong and with wrong phone numbers.
They say they are about the residents, but actions show otherwise.
Pros
Some staff try very hard, but are not recognized for their efforts.
Cons
Too numerous to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Senior Lifestyle Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight