Senior Lifestyle Corporation Employee Reviews

Poor management and rude co-workers
Server (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 19, 2018
Management always had an attitude with servers especially if things didn't go their way. Also the schedule lacked consistency for new employees even though new employees had 2nd jobs or school. 25 to 30 hours is considered full time so your paycheck is barely anything after 2 weeks. Co-workers all talked about each other and would complain if they actually had to work hard. Total high school atmosphere with the pettiness, gossip, attitudes and not to mention cliques. Residents were great and very friendly but its too bad managers and co-workers chase away the people who truly like caring for the elderly.
Pros
Great friendly and caring residents.
Cons
Few hours and low pay. Poor scheduling and poor management.
September 20, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and apologize that you had a negative experience. We as a company are committed to making Senior Lifestyle a great place to work and that wouldn’t be possible without your comments. Please reach out to slchumanresources@seniorlifestyle.com if you would like to discuss this any further.

Poor management
Server and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2018
They are liars and they think people are stupid employees are lazy
Supervisor get paid to do nothing
Some residents are very rude
To much work for little pay
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
September 10, 2018

Enjoyable and various changes every day.
Senior Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2018
Productive and nice place to work with the senior population on a daily basis, Marketing and keeping census down, along with budgeting the community.
Pros
Cons
rate of pay
September 11, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you are enjoying your experience at Senior Lifestyle! We as a company are committed to making Senior Lifestyle a great place to work and that wouldn’t be possible without your comments. Please reach out to slchumanresources@seniorlifestyle.com if you would like to discuss this any further.

they throw you under the bus
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  laurelAugust 26, 2018
they are quick to throw you under the bus..get lots of overtime but you make 1 mistake and it get into investigation you dont hear anything back..nonsense nurses never available always leave at the same time..nobody for rest of the day
Pros
unlimited overtime
Cons
none really
August 27, 2018

The residents there were very plesant to work with
DIRECTOR OF DINING SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 15, 2018
It was a good place to work, the building was clean and staff from other departments were easy to work with. There was a long term that there was no administrator.
August 17, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your experience at Senior Lifestyle!

Great Support
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYAugust 9, 2018
I have worked for several large companies. This is by far has the most training, resources and support of any company I have ever worked for. Great management, IT department is amazing, The reinvestment back into the community could not be any better.

rca
Residential Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 7, 2018
it was ok i would like to work there again or in another position at another place like that i liked the residence and staff i would recommend to a friend

Run sally run!
Aide (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 5, 2018
This place is not a good place to work. the management sucks, corporate doesn't care. when you try to talk to the ED he does not even try to understand what is going on he automatically takes the management side there is a lot of things going on in that facility that should not be going on management wise. Nepotism should not be allowed!
Would NOT recommend.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLAugust 1, 2018
Mgmt is extremely rude and selfish. Expect you to do about fifty things all at once and not even offer to help. Can see the stress on your face and not even care. Easily get brushed off.
Don't Do it!!
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  South USJuly 17, 2018
No support provided from corporate. Training is pretty much non-existent. Was on call 24/7/365 with no relief or support. It's very much about numbers, not employees or residents. Corporate management is cut throat, very stark and rude. Do not listen or communicate well. Almost 2 years of physical and mental exhaustion with more demands from corporate to do more! Very few days off, none without a phone call, text, or email. Very few nights sleep. Dont even worry about PTO time, you cant take it. Do not reply to requests for help or guidance, but respond quickly to a move out or census 1 below budget! Set unreal numbers for budget. Now I know why community management changes so frequently at all locations!
Pros
Residents, staff
Cons
Corporate, upper management
Better management in food service
Server (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJuly 11, 2018
One excellent dining director but the other dining manager needs to go.No team work workers do as they like most times.Too much call offs go unnotice.
August 13, 2018

Stress. Unless you love people who gossip even on off day
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJuly 5, 2018
Very bad workers who got away with bad treatment of co workers. And lack of care for residents I mean no responses to calls from residents. Favoritism. Cleaning not really done.
Pros
Human resourses
Cons
Everything else
senior lifestyles
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJune 29, 2018
drama within employees was constant
residents were mostly delightful
management was changed frequently for various reasons
did learn how to cook in mass quantities and handle 45+ residents alone.
Pros
long hours made a better pay check
Cons
shift in ownership changed everything
August 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that you have had a negative experience and we are committed to making Senior Lifestyle a great place to work. We appreciate your comments and for your time to write this review.

Overworked Underpaid
N/A (Former Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDJune 26, 2018
Management has poor communication throughout departments, the pay is below average an the work load is heavy with inadequate staffing it’s very stressful the staffing turnover is frequent with daily call outs...Department directors are non supportive with team members an seldom engage with residents . Members of Corporate that visit periodically are very arrogant, demanding An non social with employees .,The residents however are amazing they are the 1 reason this company strives. Otherwise it’s not worth it.
Pros
Residents are Wonderful
Cons
Lack of support from management, poor communication, pathetic pay, short breaks.

Love working here
Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 21, 2018
I have been working with Senior Lifestyle for a couple weeks and it has been absolutely wonderful!! Management goes above and beyond with making the on boarding process smooth and making sure that you have everything you need. The environment and culture of the company is very inviting and welcoming, I could not be more happy to be employed here. Corporate management is very involved and wants to help you succeed. I highly recommend working for this company!!!
Pros
Management cares, great culture, work and home life balance
August 13, 2018

One of the worst companies I have ever worked for
Evergreen Retirement Community (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 21, 2018
I worked for Evergreen for over a year. One of the nurses was promoted to a manager-like position, and therefore already had personal friendships/relationships with some of the aides. These people were treated better than others, causing an unfair and uncomfortable work environment. I worked very hard, and sadly, no one realized it or cared because I wasn't friends with the supervisors. I was also attending school at the time. The facility looks beautiful on the outside, but the inside was a mess - filled with roaches, and disease and illnesses spread very quickly. (norovirus outbreak of 2016 for example. Not to mention, I got sick because of this and was penalized for calling off due to my illness.) Lack of compassion, favoritism, and zero room for advancement. When I took a lunch break, no one answered my call lights. Short staffed constantly. I expressed my desire to leave after being treated unfairly, and the response was "Good luck finding another job, because you can no longer work for any Senior Lifestyle affiliates." Stay far away from this place. Might I add, I found a better position with one of the top companies in the state.
Pros
Cons
no advancement
Do Not work at Carriage Court Kenwwood
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati OHJune 20, 2018
Management and morale is awful here
Find a better job with friendly staff
No job security
Benefits are ok
No leadership, been without Executive Director 3 months
Building needs updating
Census is down
Memory care units are not beneficial to the residents, need better programs
DHW is too young and inexperienced so not as respected by families
Pros
its a job
Cons
Morale of community

Sucked me dry
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Southwest USJune 18, 2018
24/7/265 with virtually no PTO. Calls all night long and all weekend. Hard to recruit due to edge-of-metro location. Very competitive business in saturated area.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No PTO, no life
Different strokes for different folks...poor management
Concierge (Former Employee) –  MarylandJune 14, 2018
As a former employee, management is the worst that I have ever worked with. I was an excellent employee, dependable and a team player. Never been written up or reprimanded for any reason. Made 1 mistake and when I meet with management and explained that I was not aware and told the manager that if I was doing something wrong or in error please let me know so I can correct it...She said that she will get back to me and the next thing I knew was that I was getting a phone call saying I was terminated. It was explained to me that my error is in the handbook but after reading it, the wording was in such corporate language, that I didn't really understand it and also who really knows the handbook front and back. The BOM was even incompliance with the handbook and she still there.. something is wrong with that picture...The corporation also does not consider the residents needs and wants......

A lovely place to work
Housekeeping Cleaner (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJune 13, 2018
I love working at Bellingham senior lifestyle I love to interact with the residents they need us to be there for them to make them laugh plus at the end of the day when I go home I go with the satisfaction the I did my job right

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Senior Lifestyle Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight