Senior Living Residences Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Horrendous
Program Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MAAugust 12, 2018
No support from management, low pay for everyone doing the actual work, insensitive, unorganized, too much gossip and overall a negative environment. They don't hire enough staff and they don't pay fair wages ! I'm glad I got away from this company.

I am posting this to save others from the stress and depression I went through not to tarnish the company name, maybe others had a different experience but mine was HORRIBLE at SLR.
Pros
The residence
Cons
Cheap company that likes to cut lots of corners
Awful Place to Work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 30, 2018
Upper Management is insensitive and far from understanding. With poor leadership coming from the vice president this company does not lead by example. Low pay long hours and poor work environment. A company that i would stay away from.
Pros
Residents
SLR is Family!
Recreation Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Boston, MAJuly 24, 2018
As soon as I walked in for my job interview at SLR I knew I was in the right place I work at the facility in South Boston and I immediately felt welcome, Residents came up to me with such smiles and the staff was very welcoming, I have made such a connection here with my residents and the staff it's a loving and fun environment we keep on top of our residents needs and likes, I wouldn't recommend any other place but this one!
A Company that truly puts their residents and staff above all
Director of Compass Programming (Current Employee) –  South Boston, MAJuly 21, 2018
I have worked for other senior living companies who only care about filling the building and never truly cared about what was good for the residents. SLR is the complete opposite of this, and I say that with the upmost honesty. It was and still is (4 years later) so refreshing to see a company who genuinely cares about the residents interests, needs, suggestions, well being, and so on. The owners visit their communities, and have personal relationships with the staff and residents. If they see a face they do not know they will make sure to introduce themselves. Their passion is making sure that we are helping our residents stay as independent as possible upon joining our family, but they are even more passionate about continuing to become experts in dementia. Our residents living with dementia are truly luck, because we are constantly exploring every avenue to best assist them as they brains are changing due to their dementia. I have recommended this company to both families looking for placement, and individuals look for work. I will continue to recommend SLR, and I will continue to devote myself to helping our company grow!
Pros
Dementia Care
Happy to be here
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 19, 2018
Since relocating from New York with 30 years of cooking experience and having worked at several companies, I find this company one of the best companies I've worked for. I would refer a job to a friend, and I have.
Best company I've ever worked for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 19, 2018
I have worked for a few Assisted Living companies in my career and SLR is by far the best of the best! Never have I seen individuals care so much and treat residents with the same dignity and respect that they'd want given to their parent or loved one. And not to mention SLR is a company that is extremely appreciative of the associates that work for them and they show it all through the year! Come work for this company! I promise, you won't regret it! I've worked here for over 10 years and this is where I intend to stay.
Pros
Associate appreciation, great benefits
Cna
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ayer, MAJuly 13, 2018
Horrible management micro managed. Uncomfortable work place environment. Management makes you feel like you are about an inch tall. Way too many people thinking they are the “boss” place is just poorly run.
Pros
Gaining relationships with residents
Cons
Literally everything else
Productive and very amazing place to woek
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Methuen, MAJuly 11, 2018
Love that I can go into work and have wonderful and happy people to work with! The management is wonderful and the fun activities the residents do with the staff is wonderful as well!! Love it !
Poor Treatment from Senior Managment
Lead (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 13, 2018
This company is one of the most mismanaged companies Ive even been employed with. The lack of good leadership and proper training all need to be improved. Senior management doesn't appreciate there Employee's or Directors so I would think twice before joining a company who doesn't follow standards in which they preach. It was very hard to trust any of the management. On the positive working with families and residents is rewarding, and something that i found purpose in.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Poor Leadership
One of The Worst Companies to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 3, 2018
I Worked with SLR for 6 years, did everything to go up and beyond, with no appreciation. They preach the companies 5 values but do not follow any of them, its all smoke an mirrors. Upper management is uncaring and very self centered. Residents are the best part about the work, but other than that a very poor work environment and the companies the most fake ive seen.
Pros
Working with Residents
Cons
Nice home for the elderly, not enough staff
Dining Associate (Former Employee) –  Ayer, MAApril 24, 2018
Towards the end of my time at this job, a typical day at work consisted of being short staffed, no flexibility with the schedule, and uncooperative coworkers. However I learned to have patience not just because of the residents who need constant attention, but also because of my peers and managers. The hardest part was handling everything without enough staff but the most enjoyable part was getting to know the residents.
Would not reccommend the poor leadership starts at the very top and trickles down.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAFebruary 23, 2018
The principal administrator was superficial and ingenuous. They fostered a culture of harassment and discrimination. There were some good workers but they burned out quickly which is the nature of the beast. The facility had a nice veneer on it the resident food was mediocre. It's all about profit.
Pros
Residents, free meal
Cons
Backbiting in the extreme
Director of Buildings and Grounds (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 11, 2018
Interacting with residents and coworkers in a positive way. In charge of daily upkeep of the building such as grounds and cleanliness of the building.
Overran place to work
CNA (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAOctober 18, 2017
Very pleasant residents , some good people work here. If you are looking for something different y rewarding you should come to work here. It would've worth it
Good residents.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MAFebruary 8, 2017
Great residents. But the management is not that good. Lack of communication. Long hours. Hard physical work. Management doesn't really listen to the workers.
Team Environment
Senior Living Residences (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, MAFebruary 1, 2017
It is refreshing to work for a company who genuinely cares about their residents AND associates. The individuals in the corporate office take the time to get to know those working within the communities. I could not be happier with SLR, and working for a company so passionate and compassionate in assisting the elderly population to keep their independence and dignity for as long as possible.
Pros
The owners knowing their staff and residents
Cons
Nothing!
Terrible
Dining Room Serve (Current Employee) –  Methuen maMarch 20, 2016
Methuen village is a terrible place to work, you are underpaid and they expect you to go above and beyond for minimum wage. The management is totally unprofessional and extremely shady they do not care about there employees. Overall this place needs a lot of work done and in order to make it decent they need to get rid of the current management
Pros
The residents are so sweet, had a close bond with my coworkers
Cons
Management, the pay, benefits
Sunday is a particular day to work because everyone stays at home and it's quiet. During the week, it's very hard because there isn't enough time .
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 16, 2015
This is not a fun workplace, but it's enjoyable. I find myself in the people shoe. It's easy for me to go around the place and cooperate with the team. It's challenging everyday by the amount of work I have to perform.
Senior Management very supportive and Corporate Staff very helpful
Director Business Administration (Current Employee) –  Standish Village Assisted LivingJuly 14, 2015
I have enjoyed my experiences at Senior Living residences. I have been through two Executive Directors and Corporate SLR has been supportive in my efforts to not only meet the needs of my position but to support my efforts in managing the facility without an Executive Director.
Pros
Supportive Executive Team
Cons
Training is some what lacking and sometimes I felt left on my own
Nashoba Park treats their employees very good. They appreciate and value their hard work. Great people, and wonderful work environment.
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Ayer, MAJanuary 14, 2015
I love working at Nashoba Park that is why I am going on 9 years of working here. They are great to their employees and value their input. I would not have stayed here if it wasn't for the people and their great attitudes/personalities.
Pros
co-workers, fun times, great place and people
Cons
Sometimes over-worked for pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Senior Living Residences. Our community is ready to answer.

Senior Living Residences Reviews by Location