Senior Psych Care Employee Reviews

Growing Strong
Regional Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2019
The Houston region is growing strong with plenty of opportunities to penetrate the markets around Houston. During my time here we have been able to expand the services that we provide. This career has allowed for me to further enhance my current skill sets and develop new ones. The current Regional Director and I have great rapport and they have been able to optimize the region. The entire Houston region is very collaborative and supportive.
Pros
Team oriented, Collaboration, Autonomy
Cons
Vacation/Sick days, Fast paced, Resources
Nice place to work
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 16, 2018
I enjoy my job. You pretty much make your own schedule. You are left alone as long as you do your job. Could things be better? Yes, but that is with any job. The two main thing that I have a problem with is we have constant server problems which keeps us behind on notes. This alone would make a person very frustrated and want to look for a job somewhere else. And our composition pkg could be better more PTO time and 401 K match would be nice.

Management has been nice and easy to work with in the local Irving office they have been supportive and try to offer solutions to problems. If I have a question about a patient diagnosis or medications they always have an answer to my questions. This is a job where you need to be able to work independently and have good time management skills. If you are someone that needs an 8-5 job or need everything hand fed to you then this is not for you.

Overall SPC has been good to me.
Pros
Nice managment, Flexable schedual
Cons
Constant IT problems.
Relaxed environment with great staff.
Executive Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston Heights, TXAugust 24, 2018
A great company with plenty of opportunities if you are in the medical field and is continually hiring trained and licensed health care professionals.
Pros
Paid Vacation, Health, Dental & Vision Options, 401k
Cons
Parking area limited within vacinity of building and street.
A place to progress in your career
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 4, 2018
Fast paced and ever growing company!

Appreciate the availability for growth and learning. The flexibility is always a plus and great executive management working to move things in a positive direction.
Great company overall to work for!
Psych Tech (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 4, 2018
Senior Psych Care provides a flexible work schedule and provides support from corporate staff to assist in you job as needed. There have been many employees who have with the company for many years who help make sure you can get your work done and get the support you need. The company is committed to helping you grow as the company also grows. The job is repetitive yet the work is not over demanding. I enjoy the team at senior psych care, and would recommend the job to others. Its a great company to work for.
Pros
Flexible schedules, Corporate Support
Cons
Sometimes computer issues slow down your work
Great place to work.
Administration (Current Employee) –  AdministrationMay 1, 2018
I know there are a lot of bad reviews on here; however, I have had a very positive experience at this company. The company does provide health insurance, vision, dental, life insurance, and PTO. You can also purchase additional coverage at a reasonable rate.

Management expects quality work from there employees, but they also take care of their employees. You truly get the family vibe working here. The company is very democratic, and they are open to any ideas to improve the work place.

I actually enjoy coming to work everyday!
Pros
Pot lucks, free food
Poor Management resulting from poor leadership by owner
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2018
The above is true of this company. Also, lack of motivation by employees due to lack of raises (Employed with them for 5 years, with no raise)., constant auditing of paperwork, and no recognition for doing well.
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Cons
All of the above
April 24, 2019

We appreciate your feedback. For the past year and a half we have partnered with a PEO, so that our compensation and benefits structure are supported with a nationally recognized HR firm.

Sketchy company, don't get fooled by the sales pitch.
Field Staff (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 1, 2017
SPC just wiped out all their reviews (more than 25) because their rating (2*) was so bad.
There's a major divide between the corporate office and service-providing staff in the field. It causes endless stress and complaining. Corporate is trying to squeeze every last cent it can from its workers, resulting in a lot of sketchy practices. Instead of providing adequate infrastructure, they shove "Must Do" tasks onto the next person down the line. They lie to nursing homes and tell them that staff can do this and that, but they expect staff to do it in their free time for nothing. Monthly meetings turn into shouting matches like you'd see in a movie about a steelworkers' union. Communication is terrible. The manager doesn't care about people she sees as beneath her (anyone who isn't a doctor) or who isn't her friend. You get no choice in where you're sent. Promised improvements never happen. The turnover is ridiculous. The pay and flexibility aren't worth the hassle.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No 401k, lousy benefits, lies from corporate, no support, stress, high turnover
Administrative
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2017
Senior Psychcare has been a great place to work. Like any job it has it's good days and bad days, but for the most part I truly enjoy working here. The executive team values opinions of all employees and is always working to make improvements towards everything from technology to benefits. The owner is really invested in the staff members and encourages everyone to continue to learn as much as they can. Our clinical team is exceptional and all have providing the best possible care to each and every patient as their top priority. All in all its a GREAT TEAM to be a part of.
Pros
The work is rewarding, wonderful staff, flexible hours and competitive pay.
Cons
Some positions require long hours.
Horrible Place to Work
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2017
They overpay who they like and underpay others. It is a small family run company that have no value to employees. This place is run like a sweat shop. Run from this place and work for another company. Only work here if you don't mind filing wage claims through TWC. They have a hard time paying payroll. Turnover is high.
Pros
Automomy
Cons
Low pay, nepotism, and no benefits
April 24, 2019

We value your comments. Administrative staff are compensated based on experience level and on-going performance reviews. All staff members are paid appropriately according to standard payroll practices in concert with our nationally recognized HR consulting firm.

Poor Work Experience
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 5, 2017
Poor experience working with this company since day one. Staff and management were unsupportive in training, daily tasks. Work load was too demanding.
Cons
unprofessional management and doctors, low pay, no room for growth, no overtime, too demanding workload.
April 24, 2019

We appreciate your feedback. It’s unfortunate that you had a difficult experience in regards to training. To improve this we have implemented a comprehensive training program to meet the individual needs of each employee. Administrative staff are compensated based on experience level and on-going performance reviews. Senior PsychCare is always looking for opportunities to promote from within.

Staff is Great And Work Well With Schedule
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 2, 2015
I love working here, the regional manager and the staff in the office are awesome. I work with one of the PA's and she is just great all the nursing homes staff love her and the other homes request her. They work well with my school schedule and I am able to balance out work and life outside of work. Although we have had some extra tasks put on us when we need help completing them the ladies in the office are always so helpful. I love working here and plan on working here till I finish nursing school and when I finally become a Nurse Practitioner I have even thought about working here. They treat us fairly and are understanding.
Pros
Awesome Staff, 7 days of vacation automatically after 90 days and every year you are give 7
Cons
No pay increase and have already been working for almost a year, Health benefits are expensive, and they did away with the 401K
Horrible place. Failure to pay wages!
Account exec (Former Employee) –  HoustonMay 20, 2015
Do NOT even consider this company! No matter what position. They make promises and refuse to keep them, do not pay their staff the promised amount nor will they pay on time. Every pay day there is a struggle to get the pay correct. They cannot afford to cover payroll each month and have no idea how to run a professional organization.
The owner assumes that he can change employment contracts To benefit his agenda whenever he wants, the turn over is worse than any place I have ever worked for anywhere. They terminate people without cause and make up reasons when it suits them.
I cannot say enough horrible things about this company to make you run away but you will regret ever working there if you do.
Pros
Schedule freedom
Cons
The owner
Great Company, Growth Opportunties
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasMay 4, 2015
I have experienced nothing but professionalism, solid leadership and a team oriented atmosphere. I thoroughly enjoy my co-workers and there is a sense of growth and excitement in my daily work.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Autonomy and Ethical Enviornment
Does not care about lower employees, belittles them, uses them as escape goats.
Psych Tech (Former Employee) –  AustinFebruary 10, 2015
Their EMR is a joke, reminds me of waiting a few hours for AOL online to dial in on a 5 modem. If you have a patient load of fifteen it's literally going to take you a minimum of 2 hours to get anything done on it. They have ZERO organization in the EMR. Literally fragments of patient data they expect you to make notes from. They fire their techs quick, they don't realize how unmanaged and disorganized the EMR truly is and claim it's your fault. The providers are rude, spiteful, and unwilling to listen to reason. The communication as a whole is absolute garbage, until someone says something and then everyone acts like they didn't know and rains upon the lowest person. The training seminars, orientation, and anything dealing with training is below subpar and rivals that of handing a small child a car manual and telling them to build and Mercedes from wood. I could go on for days and out this company and bound it's negatives, but the only positive from this job were the patients. Many were sweet, nice people who love company. That's what I took the job for. 14$ an hour is not worth going home depressed and bounded hating yourself for however. Don't work for this company, there are better ones out there.
Cons
Not what I thought it would be!
Account executive (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 3, 2015
The owner of this company has the attitude of " it's my company and I do what I want"! The turn over rate with employees and docs is crazy. The company is having major budget and financial issues. They stall to reimburse you. All meetings are a shout fest, everyone yelling at each other and just not together at all. One big headache!! They have a bad reputation in all regions!!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Everything else
Former Medical Biller & Collector
Billing & Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2015
This company only goal is money. My first week there I worked 2 hours of overtime, did not get paid for it. If the office is going to close early you are required to work through your lunch. I currently have filed a complaint with EEOC . Your benefits are only medical dental and vision . . Medical Insurance is a joke. Just for employee only you pay 200.00. with a 3500 out of pocket expenses. No life insurance, 401 k PTO 7 days a year. no sick time , no vacation . no nothing. Management is another joke. If you do not agree with your manager , than you will be punish for it. They do not value their employees. The owner feels like its my company I will do what I want to. You are there to make him money and this is it. We were in a meeting and he told a manager to get off her fat @## and go get another manager. He has went through 10 assistants in 2014. The pay, well they pay who whey want to. You are high for one thing, but will end up doing three people jobs. The place is a sweat shop. If you are not a provider, well many providers have quite since I was there, so they are not treated Fairley. If you need a job then apply. If you don't run from this place you will regret it.
Pros
nothing
Cons
sweat shop
Innovative, Supportive
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 8, 2014
This is a forward thinking company that is dedicated to research and providing services to psychiatric patients. Management was supportive and provided on going training.
Pros
Innovative and supportive
Cons
Salary potential