Senior Resource Association Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Administration (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLMay 6, 2019
Management is very compassionate about the mission and the employeeses. Wonderful schedule, nights and weekend off, paid time off as well as paid holidays off.

And being part a wonderful mission is rewarding in its self.
A great Place to Work and be a part of
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLMarch 15, 2019
It's great to work at a place that is meaningful and you can take pride in what you do. As well as co-workers enjoying what they do. Wonderful upper management team that loves what they do. Couldn't be happier to work for such a wonderful organization.
Pros
Ability to help the community
A great Non-profit Organization with poor management
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLDecember 26, 2018
During my employment at SRA I was accused of embezzlement without actually committing the crime. I handle inventory in the shop (which has cameras). When I received my promotion, I reconciled the inventory and realized that there was a lot missing because the mechanics do not record all the parts that they use. When I brought this problem to my supervisor I was turned into the scapegoat. Unfortunately, this company holds on to the people that cause it to fail.
Fun place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLOctober 30, 2018
Laid back place, they let you do your job at your own pace.They don't look over your shoulder and pretty much leave you to yourself. When something comes up you fix it and get it done.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Insurance was too expensive
Always nice to be able to help people get where they need to go.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLOctober 3, 2018
Great place to interact with the public, also being able to help when possible. Pay was on the low side, had to work a lot of overtime to make any money. Must be able to handle all sorts of passengers, in all sorts of conditions
Pros
Helping people
Horrible company
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLMay 22, 2018
Very Hostile workplace that you are constantly undermined and told you are wrong even if you have evidence and proof of unfair practices within the organization
Pros
A great nonprofit organization with poor management
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLApril 2, 2018
My supervisor would give me a list of things to get done. No matter how quickly or efficiently I would preform those tasks it was never good enough. The people in the office were very rude to me. I loved to be challenged at work, however it was very difficult to ignore the rude remarks of my coworkers..
Is a very stressful place to work in
former employer (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJuly 17, 2017
With this compony working hard means nothing. Putting in the hrs of hard work, dedication and determination is something they lack to see. They praise those employees who do nothing and know nothing about the job, but yet they get promoted with out certification or knowledge of the job they'll be doing. They pledge that there number one focus and priority is SAFETY but yet they truly don't and wouldn't know what safety is. They operate their bus with out wheelchair lifts and non working doors, many times leaving clients stranded and unable to make their appointments
Great for a temp job
ACCOUNTS RECIEVABLE CLERK (Current Employee) –  FinanceJuly 5, 2017
I would not recommend. There is no job security there. I have requested a review several times, and have been refused one. Many people quit this job or get fired for unknown reasons.
Wonderful Non Profit
Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJanuary 29, 2015
Great job and learned quite a lot about the local seniors. SRA strives to help out the seniors and provide resources to them. Great 9-5 and 5 days a week.
Professional Place to Work
Chief Financial Officer, Vice President (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLOctober 2, 2014
SRA is a great place to work. There is no such thing as a typical day at SRA. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with great people.
Great potential but lack of budget
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLFebruary 13, 2013
Anaswering telephones all day while meeting with seniors to help them pay their electric bills through grant money. I would also assist case managers and set up meetings and maintain their schedules. I was also back up for setting up senior center for daily activities for the seniors. I assisted the Vice President of Case management daily task as needed. I handled money and application processing, newsletter articles, meals on wheels. I processed invoices and daily cash receipts. Set up and maintained spreadsheets and did daily word processing as needed.
Pros
time managment, task oriented and efficient.
Cons
worked to fast and got things done to quickly, didn't take lunch every day.