Senior Resource Group Employee Reviews

Poor management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 17, 2018
I would not recommend anyone to work here. They have very poor management. They single you out every one has different rules. I have never worked in such a bad environment in my life. I loved the resident but the management has got to go. They are way to many senior places that are opening up try another one before you are another victim. And don’t waste your time by applying here. If u want a raise don’t expect one here in two years I only received one. They tell u full time yeah right i ownly got 30 hrs. And the pay I started out at 14.25 as a driver and in two years only got .10 raise and that’s pathetic. That place is a joke run away fast.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management
Must Love Seniors
Executive (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 10, 2018
If you have a true passion for serving seniors, SRG is an great company. Team-like culture. Exceptional hospitality-minded staff with a heart for service. Compensation & benefits are not at the top, but they are very fair. Many opportunities for growth, particularly if you are willing to relocate.
Pros
Opportunities daily to make a difference in others' lives. Work in upscale environment.
Cons
Wish they had more communities in other states. There is a new community being developed in Austin, Tx.
Good Place to Work!
Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Solana Beach, CANovember 5, 2018
Good place to work with potential for growth as well as ability to learn more about the industry. Employees are generally really passionate about what they do. Food and wellness programs are an extra benefit.
Pros
good work environment and wages
Cons
High expectations but in a good way
Poor communication through the corporate office.
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sun City West, AZAugust 10, 2018
Exceedingly high turnover due to poor management. Corporate office would never admit to their mistake and recognition was never given when mistakes or errors were made. Communication was lacking. You received information in bits and pieces. Inconsistent with following their own guidelines and policies.
Pros
Cheap meal tickets offered.
Cons
Poor management. Communication at an all time low.
Run away
Executive (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 7, 2018
Just run away from this Company unless they will change the Corporate Management !!!! Incorporate in California with CA policies, corporate management from CA have no idea about life and needs at the East coast at all !!!
Pros
Nice Communities
Cons
Salary positions = you will spent your life there
Horrible management
Server and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORDecember 9, 2018
Worst company I have ever worked for. They really don’t care about their employees at all, well at least the dining room doesn’t. You’re constantly yelled at for the most minimum reason.
Pros
Discounted lunches, bonus
Cons
Management, hours, pay, hours, discrimination
This place could be better but it all starts with management
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Rancho San Diego, CAAugust 3, 2018
If you are truly working your job it is demanding but rewarding knowing you are helping these seniors. Hard to work with co-workers who were not team players and got away with it. Management ignored issues needing attention. Fair pay was not rewarded for hard work. Constantly revolving door of change of staff as a result.
Pros
Relating with seniors
Cons
Gossip, favoritism
Fun work place
Med Tech/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 5, 2018
Fun to work at. New experience with residents and life stories. Paid vacation, paid sick leave and quarterly bonuses. Yearly raise end pay. Relaxing environment.
Pros
Flexible hours, great staff, friendly doctors
Cons
Family are always right even when they make a mistake and its our fault
Productive, neat working with seniorws
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Laguna Woods, CAOctober 22, 2018
It would have been beneficial for me if I could tailor the hours to my needs. Overall it was a good experience getting to know the seniors on a personal level
Pros
free meals at times
Cons
physically demanding
good entry level management job
Maintenance Director (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAApril 18, 2018
pay was low. departments were forced to cover non performing departments while allowing their own to suffer. 2% cost of living increase annually, allowed me to make less money each year. as this increase rate did not match inflation. managers had no room for advancement. problem employees were given preferential treatment.
Pros
it will make love old people
Cons
it wilmake you hate old people
Not a fun place to work in.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sf golden gateJuly 21, 2018
Under pay
You need to pay for your food
Raise no more than 40 cents a year
Management if you kiss their behind they are happy with you.
No room for improvement inless they like you.
Pros
No pros
Run away
Bus Driver (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2018
Please people DO NOT work here because managment sucks and they have a lot of favoritism there... People do not get along and its not organized and also the pay can be increased as well.
Pros
Meal tickets
Cons
Everything else
Needs work
Caregiver/ Med Aid (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 3, 2018
Overall nice place, however very underpaid, last director we had In enliven was a joke, shes no gone. Hopefully they hire a better director. Also we are very under paid, 13 an hour for extream hard work. For example, cleaning, serving, taking care of residents, getting hit, spit, pooped on, also chasing after residents, lots of aggressiveness directed toward staff. Residents are not to blame, what so ever but the amout of stress, and anxiety we endure, we need to be paid more for what we do.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Garbage pay, no free meals, 30min break, so you only get paid 7.5 hours
Review Summary
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORApril 29, 2018
Great place to work for! I loved the feel of the community when I worked there and the team work that everyone showed. It's a great first job and is very flexible with school.
The overall company was unsatisfactory
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  DelawareFebruary 4, 2018
Worked as an independent Insurance Agent. Attended ins. classes and meetings with updates in the insurance industry. Worked mostly on my own in the field and taught myself.
Pros
worked with an experienced manager
Cons
very little support from management team.
Wish I never worked here
Bus Boy (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJanuary 9, 2019
Hired in my senior year in high school to work with dining/kitchen staff. I wish they didn't hire me or fired me fast. I am short, was mentally ill and didn't take care of myself until my mid 20s, which made me a target for the bad people that worked here. Dealt with tons of discrimination and harassment.

It was bad in high school but kids are kids and i was bad too. A little after high school I switched to morning-afternoon shifts. The coworkers were a lot better but still targeted by a few coworkers, especially when the high school kids leaked over from the evening shifts. I worked hard and when i worked with these bullies they took advantage and made me do most of the work.

I forgot as much as i remember my time here but i know i got at least two death threats before my last year. I deserved some stuff for how I was but I dealt with too much. I still have some psychological scars from my time here.

My last 3-4 months I had a meltdown in my life and quit without warning but i did call and leave a message. I got terrible at my job and lost my mind so i don't know why they didn't fire me then.

No problem with the residents. They can be really fun to talk with. The manager was ok but he did hire these bullies. This place should be a lot better by now and hopefully their hiring process can screen out incompetent people.
Pros
slightly above min wage for low paying jobs
Cons
mostly everything, especially the bad coworkers
High Paced & High Stress but Great Environment
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 17, 2018
This is faced paced and high stress but if you can handle it there are great opportunities for growth and development. Good management and co-workers.
Excellent environment with exceptional training.
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 12, 2017
I have worked for a few Senior Living companies and Senior Resource Group is by far the most exceptional. There is a positive work environment with very compassionate caregivers and staff on board. There is no company that is perfect, however SRG has great corporate support and superb benefits. I love working here.
Stressful but fun
Server (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJanuary 16, 2018
The hardest part about working for SRG was the pace was very fast and the work load was excessive. The thing I really enjoyed about working here was getting to meet all the residents and my coworkers made working here fun
Pros
The people
Cons
Odd hours, low pay for workload
Unsatisfactory
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 27, 2018
Great place to start in the food industry and learn hospitality. Serving the residents and gaining their trust in assuring good service to them is really nice.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Senior Resource Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight