Senior Resource Group Employee Reviews

Must Love Seniors
Executive (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 10, 2018
If you have a true passion for serving seniors, SRG is an great company. Team-like culture. Exceptional hospitality-minded staff with a heart for service. Compensation & benefits are not at the top, but they are very fair. Many opportunities for growth, particularly if you are willing to relocate.
Pros
Opportunities daily to make a difference in others' lives. Work in upscale environment.
Cons
Wish they had more communities in other states. There is a new community being developed in Austin, Tx.
Very poor communication.
Executive (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 5, 2018
Very stressful place to work. Training was non existent No one from management trained me. A person flew in from Ca and was suppose to spend two days with me and all I got was about a1/2 hour. The Director assumed that I was shown what I needed to do the job but I was not, he never followed up. The person that was to train me couldnt even pull up the programs I needed to learn. He couldn’t find the budget or other financial info. When he got back to his home office he sent me links that didn’t work. I emailed him about this and he never answered back. I was should how to correct hours and add vacation pay in a payroll program by my assistant. Management never walked me thru the program, no instructions or training. Very bad communication in this organization.
Pros
Was told the hours were great...... over 50 the second week.
Cons
Insurance is available at a high cost for poor coverage
Fun work place
Med Tech/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 5, 2018
Fun to work at. New experience with residents and life stories. Paid vacation, paid sick leave and quarterly bonuses. Yearly raise end pay. Relaxing environment.
Pros
Flexible hours, great staff, friendly doctors
Cons
Family are always right even when they make a mistake and its our fault
Poor communication through the corporate office.
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sun City West, AZAugust 10, 2018
Exceedingly high turnover due to poor management. Corporate office would never admit to their mistake and recognition was never given when mistakes or errors were made. Communication was lacking. You received information in bits and pieces. Inconsistent with following their own guidelines and policies.
Pros
Cheap meal tickets offered.
Cons
Poor management. Communication at an all time low.
This place could be better but it all starts with management
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Rancho San Diego, CAAugust 3, 2018
If you are truly working your job it is demanding but rewarding knowing you are helping these seniors. Hard to work with co-workers who were not team players and got away with it. Management ignored issues needing attention. Fair pay was not rewarded for hard work. Constantly revolving door of change of staff as a result.
Pros
Relating with seniors
Cons
Gossip, favoritism
Not a fun place to work in.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sf golden gateJuly 21, 2018
Under pay
You need to pay for your food
Raise no more than 40 cents a year
Management if you kiss their behind they are happy with you.
No room for improvement inless they like you.
Pros
No pros
Run away
Bus Driver (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2018
Please people DO NOT work here because managment sucks and they have a lot of favoritism there... People do not get along and its not organized and also the pay can be increased as well.
Pros
Meal tickets
Cons
Everything else
Review Summary
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORApril 29, 2018
Great place to work for! I loved the feel of the community when I worked there and the team work that everyone showed. It's a great first job and is very flexible with school.
good entry level management job
Maintenance Director (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAApril 18, 2018
pay was low. departments were forced to cover non performing departments while allowing their own to suffer. 2% cost of living increase annually, allowed me to make less money each year. as this increase rate did not match inflation. managers had no room for advancement. problem employees were given preferential treatment.
Pros
it will make love old people
Cons
it wilmake you hate old people
Needs work
Caregiver/ Med Aid (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 3, 2018
Overall nice place, however very underpaid, last director we had In enliven was a joke, shes no gone. Hopefully they hire a better director. Also we are very under paid, 13 an hour for extream hard work. For example, cleaning, serving, taking care of residents, getting hit, spit, pooped on, also chasing after residents, lots of aggressiveness directed toward staff. Residents are not to blame, what so ever but the amout of stress, and anxiety we endure, we need to be paid more for what we do.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Garbage pay, no free meals, 30min break, so you only get paid 7.5 hours
High Paced & High Stress but Great Environment
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 17, 2018
This is faced paced and high stress but if you can handle it there are great opportunities for growth and development. Good management and co-workers.
Unsatisfactory
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 27, 2018
Great place to start in the food industry and learn hospitality. Serving the residents and gaining their trust in assuring good service to them is really nice.
Cons
The overall company was unsatisfactory
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  DelawareFebruary 4, 2018
Worked as an independent Insurance Agent. Attended ins. classes and meetings with updates in the insurance industry. Worked mostly on my own in the field and taught myself.
Pros
worked with an experienced manager
Cons
very little support from management team.
Stressful but fun
Server (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJanuary 16, 2018
The hardest part about working for SRG was the pace was very fast and the work load was excessive. The thing I really enjoyed about working here was getting to meet all the residents and my coworkers made working here fun
Pros
The people
Cons
Odd hours, low pay for workload
Great place
ATC Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLDecember 28, 2017
Great place to work. Work was government contract work. If your contract was getting low on work you were required to seek additional contracts. Normally this wasn't too difficult.
Pros
Corporate not close
Cons
Sometimes hard to get answers from corporate
Excellent environment with exceptional training.
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 12, 2017
I have worked for a few Senior Living companies and Senior Resource Group is by far the most exceptional. There is a positive work environment with very compassionate caregivers and staff on board. There is no company that is perfect, however SRG has great corporate support and superb benefits. I love working here.
Avoid this place
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 28, 2017
Too many people hired without interviews because they are family members and than they get away with everything (favoritism to the max!!) No one follows the rules!!
Cons
It was fun, sometimes stressfull. But each fay was different.
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 18, 2017
Depending on the day. It can be fun and easy others can be crazy. Only depends on the personality of the person to keep the peace in certain situations.
Pros
Great residence
Cons
Management at the rime i was there
Non productive ,treated unfairly!
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 25, 2017
I would not recommend this company for anyone to work at they will try n cheat you out of your hours. The management have their favorites, they all sit around feeding into gossip. Lastly, just very very unprofessional total embarrassment to society! But thats just my opinion! Have a nice day. 😊
Pros
Cons
No breaks u work through them!
Good
Wellness Nurse, LPN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 3, 2017
Beautiful facility. La Seina. Great Residents. Great clinical set up. Good management. Great food. Able to eat at a discount. Good benefits. Good HR
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Nine

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Senior Resource Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight