Senior Resource Group
Happiness rating is 47 out of 100

Senior Resource Group Employee Reviews

All the good people who got hired usually leave 2 weeks in. People who stayed usually just needed hours. Working is simple and easy it’s just a really toxic environment. Everyone is just going for everyone’s throats.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Initially, I was very excited to work at The Carlisle Naples, and brought experience and a successful work history to the position. My goal was to become a productive asset to the team and contribute to the success of the community. Even though the corporate culture was less than expected (much less), I committed myself to meet my professional objectives. Turnover was high, and understandably so. It appeared that the corporate office was either uninformed, unaware, or supported the culture that existed. Something was not quite right, and I could no longer subject myself to what I believe was an unhealthy work environment, so it was time to move on. Wishing you a much better experience. Good luck!!!
Pros
Residents and colleagues
Cons
Work culture
Regional Support is nonexistent. Definitely a toxic work environment. Corporate will side the worst workers and not appreciate those that are committed and work hard. The company will boast about their luxurious buildings, but will never tell the truth about the care they provide and the truth is money is over everything. Department Directors are a mess. Not a good Senior Living company to work for period, but it pays. Once I can find another company to work for, I’m gone!
Pros
Residents and Food
Cons
Too many to list
Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Senior Resource Group, I think there are always people getting older so there will always be buisness.
I love my position as an Activities Director. I started as a receptionist, then moved to activities as an assistant and now I am the director. Management is phenomenal. I have worked at two different SRG locations and love the company! This is a place that you actually feel that you make a difference among residents and coworkers.
Pros
Advancement, Lunches, Schedules, Healthcare, Management
SRG Austin hires the driver for full time implying 40 hour weekly at $17/hr., but then only allow you to work 31-32 hours. They consider this full time costing you 25% of the expected pay.
Pros
Lunch costs $2.50
Cons
Extreme political correctness & micro-management
I was a receptionist at the Village at Ocotillo location. The managers were great, individually the staff members were also great. However, communication between professions was lacking. You do see how much the people working here love the residents, but teamwork needs some improvement.
Pros
easy job
Cons
short breaks, poor communication
This is the worst company to work for. Every place has its things and totally understand that. However, this company does not pay well and overworks you. The management doesn't care about you all they do is manipulate you and try to make you cover for many shifts. The med techs feel like they are the bosses of that place and they seriously are not seems like they need to be reminded of that. I stopped working here because it was a bad environment and no one appreciated your work. My supervisor never did anything to put people in their place when they should be. Drama left and right, just stay out of it. Recently, I got a letter saying from this company got hacked and that I could a victim of identity theft. This happened in December and it is July as they are barely notifying the employees about this.
Cons
Management, pay
They treats you like you like garbage. They don’t care anything about you no matter how much you break tour back for them. They tell constant lies all the time.
Cons
This company is nothing but drama. They will work you to death. Give you no clear role or solution . They allow harassment , and if you ever report it they will make you pay for it .They feel if they smile and buy you lunch that it puts a bandaid on everything . Corporate comes in bad mouths everyone and starts trouble every time they enter their building . They turn everyone against each other. Management has no idea the amount of you work this building requires . Corporate is delusional and only cares about their paychecks . And sales . They admit residents that they can’t even handle for the money. Watch out for this company . They hire people that look good for the role but completely not competent . Very high turn over.
Pros
Smells good
Cons
Corporate, management no structure .
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Senior Resource Group?
I got a job as a busboy in my last year of high school. I only worked with the restaurant staff. Foolishly stayed 3 years. I didn't take care of myself back then so I was an easy target for bullies and bad people which half my coworkers were. I was a short, mentally screwed up kid that worked hard and a lot of my coworkers took advantage of that. I was unable to grasp how terrible they were till my last year. Towards the end I had a meltdown in my life and had to quit w/o warning but left the manager a message. Residents were fine. Boss was ok but he kept hiring bad people. My time here was definitely not worth it.
Pros
Made more than min wage and always got raises every year
Cons
Worst coworkers I ever had by a million miles
Corporate Team is completely ridiculous, either they don’t know that the regional and HR team play the department heads against each other or they are as ignorant as they portray themselves to be. Firing people that report others inappropriate behaviors . Losing the entire Med Tech team while the new DOAL yells at them and treats them as if they are ignorant and worthless. Also new residents missing medications and the regional Being ok with it when the family calls her out on it 2 days later. Another resident not being fed and no one knowing she’s even moved in while the regular HS, regional Director and HR are in the building.
Cons
Corp Food service director has his hands in other depts,and is not a chef. Between him and the ED the expectations consistently changed throwing a director of their dept in a position where it would be impossible to reach goal Many times if the ED gave me specific instructions on something like a special event etc and CEO showed up not happy about decision, I was quickly thrown under the bus.This is the culture, It created a devastation of morale, as it trickled down to front line staff because the managers could simply not keep up with the changing of expectation. Basically, anytime they changed an expectation or rule, we as a dept got it done..it was changed again and again leaving it nearly impossible to actually succeed in their eyes.
Pros
some good front line staff and the development of relationships with them, and some of the residents as well
Cons
difficult to get requests for time off approved
Great work place, good management and works with the team. They make sure you take a break during working hours as well as fun place to work. They offer both medical dental , vision and 401K for every employee. Stress free work zone.
My first job was working as a dishwasher, and it was a great way to get my foot in the door. Over time, I was able to be trained to do just about everything with the support and encouragement I received from my direct managers and teammates. Can't say much about upper management, but if you're looking for your first job or something to do part time, this could be a great place to be.
Working at Senior Resource Group is horrible and unacceptable. They overuse their care staff, they can assign two caregivers to the whole chateau building. They will fabricate wrong accusation against some of their worker. This is the most horrible place I have ever worked in my life. Please stay away from this company, it is better to be jobless for awhile and get the best at last.
I have worked here for over 10 months in two different management positions. I have always felt supported, challenged and fulfilled in my duties and the expectations that are set for me!
Pros
Supportive Environment, State of the Art
Wish I could leave no stars. Steer clear! The employees are discriminated against, with no one to turn to for help, higher management is no help. CURRENT D.O.N's goal is to run the facility like a zoo. Minimum wages, no appreciation for staff. 10+ years as a nurse, worst place I have ever worked in my entire life.
Its COVID 19 CRISIS. Management is scattered. Mixed messages being given... For example: Residents in independent living if they so choose to go outside they can not get back in ( say for Easter) but people that own dogs can go outside and walk their dogs and get exposed to other people. What does this say? What about risk? Why do they get to take a walk and other residents are treated like they are in a prison?
Official response from Senior Resource Group
April 22, 2020
We understand that these are challenging times, and while some of the measures in place may seem inconvenient or restrictive, they are there to protect the health and well-being of our residents and staff members. Practicing social distancing and following precautionary measures, residents are able to take walks around the community grounds and leave for essential reasons. For the safety of all, we ask that residents who leave the community for non-essential reasons or who have had prolonged contact with others outside of our community, shelter-in-place in their residence as an additional precaution upon their return to the community .Together we will get through this, and I am available to answer any questions that you may have. My door is always open to you, or you can reach me at (916) 921-5131. Sincerely,Mike Talani Executive DirectorRiver’s Edge
Employees in the memory care unit were OKAY to say the least but they knew more than the bosses which speaks volumes. Shifts are given out in favoritism, manager gossips about employee business to others employees. ALWAYS understaffed and not nearly compensated for work. Bonuses are taxed which makes a 100 bonus like 60$?Most unprofessional place I’ve worked at and I’m young.
Don’t do it! Director of nursing is horrible with her staff! She doesn’t have people skills extremely rude! Goes back on her word. Nurses are quitting left and right for a reason. As old as the place is, as bad as the employee parking lot is, I would’ve stayed if the director of nursing wasn’t a totalitarian.