SENIOR SOLUTIONS Employee Reviews

Terrible
Caregiver | Senior Solutions Home Care (Current Employee) –  Columbia, TNMarch 5, 2019
This company does not care about you personally at all. They over work their employees. The managers will hand up on you if you do not take extra shifts. I work 60 hours a week with only one off day every two weeks.
Pros
Good client
Cons
No breaks.
Please Don't Waste Your Time!
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCFebruary 20, 2019
Very unprofessional and hostile work environment. The president and VP are basically uneducated lunatics.
They refuse to train anyone which is a huge part of the drastic turnover
Pros
Hours
Cons
Easy to get a job but you won’t desire to keep it
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORFebruary 18, 2019
This place is super easy to get into, but management wasn’t great and the training wasn’t either. I wouldn’t trust my loved one to this company that’s forsure. I had little to no experience in care giving yet I was hired and never really confident in my training. Fortunately I had a great patient and co workers at that patients house. But someone they hired stole from her! so clearly they aren’t thourougly vetted.
Pros
My patient, the consistency, easy to get hired
Cons
Management, scheduling, no sick time, sketchy training, pay! Barely over minimum wage
The Hardest Part of The Job
Private Caregiver (Current Employee) –  OhioFebruary 7, 2019
The long hours and the personalities of certain patients. Family members sometimes were hard to please sometimes and could be very difficult to deal with.
Pros
Seeing the Patient content and comfortable
Cons
When a patient expires
Standard in home care
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  MontanaJanuary 22, 2019
Friendly staff, and most care about their clients. Mismanaged scheduling and lots of conflicting directions by the different management personnel. It is similar to many other in home care positions.
Unorganized and unprofessional
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJanuary 8, 2019
I've worked there for almost two years, and I don't care for the place at all. The only thing good about them is you rarely deal with the workers themselves.
Cons
Lack of communication, uncaring about the workers and the patients
I absolutely loved my patients but I’m needing a job that doesn’t have flexible hours I need lots of hours and a good check.
Senior solutions home care (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJanuary 6, 2019
I’m always available to work. I work hard and do my job right. I wasn’t getting enough clients to get a good check around my town jobs are hard to come by I’m willing to travel to earn a good check
Great Job!
Sales manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 31, 2018
This is a great start for a lot of people to get into the insurance industry. Strong closers will succeed but others will not. I worked on a straight commision basis and it was tough at times but allowed me to do what I wanted!
Very helpful staff at Moravian Hall Square, supervisors only available around the time I work, I have difficulty connecting to family
Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Easton, PANovember 15, 2018
When I am working, I usually review a care plan, read and complete a communication book to determine best plan for each individual patient. They all have different needs and I learn more sometimes from the families of the patients assigned to me. I learn a lot about what they will and won't permit, then I mentor new aides so I can diversify what I learn. Most patients, however, prefer consistent caretaking ( I don't blame them) because they don't like having a lot of change in their lives. The hardest part of my job is seeing them in pain or exhibiting signs of illness that they are dealing with on top of being disabled. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing them improve quickly and helping them achieve their healthcare goals.
Pros
Ability to make friends and choose hours
Cons
Determining supports for patients who are at the end of their life cycle.
Steady work flow
LEAD PHLEBOTOMY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GANovember 12, 2018
Everyday was a journey, it could be a really exciting busy day or it could be a really trying day because of the condition of the patients. Everyday I learned something new about the medical field.
fun workplace
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCOctober 30, 2018
You can set your own hours and take on as many clients as you want. Management is great. You learn alot about your clients in order to take care of them better.
Horrible management
Private Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCJuly 16, 2018
Lied about hours
Lied about job description
Lied about the area you would be working in
No moving up in position unless you have a college degree
Uses mobile device for literally everything you do
Pros
More time with family
Cons
Biweekly pay with horrible hours
Stay away
Worker (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 24, 2018
Company is poorly managed. No future here or room for advancement. Rate of pay is terrible. Lack of training is an ongoing issue that is creating a high turnover. No support. No paid holidays. No health or dental benefits. No sick days.
Pros
Cons
Low pay. Little hours. Lack of communication. Lack of training. No support.
Uneducated and cut throat management
Administration (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCMay 15, 2018
By far the most unprofessional place I have ever worked in my life! The management is very uneducated when it comes to senior care or even management for matter. The president and vp are very unprofessional, backstabbing and get their jollies from embarrassing their staff members which is the reason for the extrem turnover.
Pros
Absolutely none!
Cons
Uneducated president and Vice President.
Mediocre at best...
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 7, 2018
I really did enjoy some aspects of my job. A couple of the elderly clients I worked with, I loved dearly. The stories they told about their younger lives, were so full of knowledge and experiences. However, I did more driving than the pay was worth. I couldn't even keep gas in my car on what I was making...let alone support my family at all. Some false allegations from a client led to my dismissal, but I was never contacted by the company when that decision came down. No phone calls, no emails, not even a text message. I spent three weeks "suspended" trying to get a phone call or email answered to find out their "decision" on the investigation. It took another 2.5-3 weeks to get a separation notice after I had to request one. This is just poor business practices on their part. Communication is key!
Pros
flexible schedule, learning about life from elderly clients
Cons
low pay, poor communication with employees, not enough hours
Nice Place
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCApril 10, 2018
Working with others that were easy to get along with, Seniors were fun to be around. Job was not challenging enough and low morale from upper management toward workers
Relaxed
Caregiver/ Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJanuary 19, 2018
A typical day at work was very relaxed and was never the same, I learned a lot about the care of the residents. The management was rude and unfriendly. The hardest part of the job was getting in contact with the management when I had a question. However I loved the contact with the residents
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Poor Management
I loved volunteering here!
INTAKE CLERK (VOLUNTEER) (Former Employee) –  Bay City, TXDecember 20, 2017
Senior Solutions was a wonderful experience! Great team culture, staff and volunteers were like family...clients were our first priority! Doctors, Nurses, Staff and Volunteers got along really well. I was a Volunteer, but given the chance, I would DEFINITELY work there!
Pros
Great environment
Cons
None!
Part time marketing
Marketing & Business Development (Current Employee) –  Flying Hills, PAJuly 20, 2017
Company is a start up and is doing wonderful. It's wonderful helping folks in need. I truly enjoy working at Senior Solutions I just wish it was full time.
Benefits
Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 18, 2015
Not good benefits at all but I guess its expected from a home care agency. No sick days or grievance pay either just vacation. Sometimes can be very pushy even when you say NO countless times.
Pros
Pick and choose hours and days.
Cons
Not a lot of work. No yearly rise.