Senior1Care Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
relaxed, very one on one
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  IndianaMarch 27, 2018
you don't have to be certified to work. you must tread very light with the clients more like tiptoe on eggshells. management sometimes has your back. it is best to document and report everything plus have evidence and witnesses. lunch at facilities gets taken out of your check.
Pros
overnight hours, 1 or 2 clients at a time
Cons
no healthcare
Fantastic place with fantastic people
CNA-Certified Nurses Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 16, 2017
This company is a gold mine. The nicest people who care about you and your work. Want to work a lot or a little? They work around what you want. Scheduled myself often because I wanted to make money and I worked every single day I wanted. They want to help you however they can. They are fantastic. Accessible via email or text and always willing to help.
Meaningful Work
Special Projects Director (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INSeptember 6, 2017
Senior1Care does an outstanding job of matching compassionate caregivers with families who need non-medical home care for loved ones. Caregivers are able to work as many hours/days per week as they would like. The owners started the company 11 years ago and continue to spend a great deal of time finding new ways to recognize caregivers for their hard work and dedication.
Pros
Design your own schedule
Love going to work
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INAugust 24, 2017
I have been with Senior1Care for 3 years. I love going to work and taking care of my clients. My clients become like family. I love the flexible schedule. I would recommend working here to anyone!
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INAugust 24, 2017
Management is friendly and helpful. More than willing to work with you on your schedule. My coworkers are amazing to work alongside with. I would totally recommend working with Senior1Care. They make sure to spoil us!
Proud to Represent this Company
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 13, 2017
I've been with this company for a little over a year now. While this job is a second job for me, I am very proud to work for such a first class company. I'm very confident that our clients are getting the absolutely best care possible because the administration does a great job of hiring first rate caregivers and CNAs. I would use any one of our caregivers for my own parents if I needed to.
Great company to work for
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 13, 2017
I have been with Senior1Care for over a year and the office staff is friendly, dependable and reliable. I really enjoy working with my clients and getting to know them like family. The office staff is very understanding and works with me if I feel a client is not a good fit. I also enjoy the flexibility of the schedule. Great place to work!
Rewarding career
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJune 24, 2017
The owners are wonderful! They are very generous and truly take care of their employers. They pay overtime and you get to set your own schedule. Plus, taking care of our Seniors is so very rewarding!
Very good management
CNA (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 22, 2016
Management is excellent, schedule coordinators are amazing. Just not getting as many hours as I'd like for my availability. But they do take care of their employees with little bonuses like gift card drawings and bonus opportunities and more. Just wish they could offer benefits that come with most jobs like health insurance and disability insurance.
Pros
Bonus opportunities
Cons
Few benefits
Overworked & unprofessional Staff
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INFebruary 1, 2016
Overworked at S1C interfering with personal life. Called consistenly and asked to work on days off due to Company not having enough caregivers.
No raises after years of dedication to employer.
No insurance or benefits.
Office staff rude & act "above" you as a caregiver
Scheduler not organized and is really forgetful plus can be very rude.
Pros
overtime pay only pro
Cons
alot listed above
Excellent experience, compassionate company
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 5, 2015
This was my first experience with in home health care and I would never want to be with any other company. They truly care about their clients and treat them like family.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
inconsistent hours, lots of scheduling errors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Senior1Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Senior1Care Reviews by Location