Sensata Technologies, Inc.

United States159 reviews

Sensata Technologies, Inc. insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Typical condensation of more work for fewer workers.

Upon looking for documentation of how to process most of my three titles, I found there used to be far more office staff with my titles than the team had condensed down to be. Office politics were complicated because of siloed personalities in siloed office functions and my being one of very few communicators wasn't enough to change or even influence the culture there. The hardest part of the job was getting what others thought you should have already gotten done.

Pros

Fair pay. Great office response to COVID-19. Great work experience with co-workers.

Cons

Poor company response to the business eventually regained due to COVID-19 shutdowns.

Don't expect to be happy here unless you're salary

Let's see, no Christmas or holiday parties. Certain groups get time off to do dinners, bowling, fun nights out. Others (anyone hourly, anyone technical) get shafted. NO bereavement time, NO carry over, NO bonuses, bleak raises, it's hard not to turn heel & run. Let's also talk about the fact that during a crisis of "the great resignation", the company has doubled down on making it feel like we're completely worthless. Where are the bonuses for the people coming in every day or working hard when the salary fat cats make 10x what we do, plus a hefty bonus, while taking 6+ weeks to reply to emails because they're sitting at home watching TV? Utterly ridiculous.

Pros

the starting pay is pretty good

Cons

No bonuses, no parties, no culture, no bereavement time, no carry over time

I never felt I belonged there, even after almost 4 years.

At the time I needed a job, so I took it. Started on days for about 3 months and everything was great. Once I went on night it was a whole different story. I watched as other inspector had their own work station and I had to share with someone who worked overtime. So for 2 HS into my shift I worked standing up or at the CMM. NEVER GOT A RAISE the whole 4 years I was there. After Sensata bought Kavlico, our jobs were now been done at the Mexico plant.

Pros

4 day work week

Cons

Favoritism and gossip is the worst there.

Hay muy buen ambiente de trabajo,.

Muy buena, empresa y sólida, pero de acuerdo a los salarios de otras empresas, es muy bajo.

Pros

Tiene seguro de vida, muy bueno.

Cons

Salario bajo, de acuerdo al tabul

Very good place to work

Very flexible hours. Managers help you to achieve your goals. Work/life balance . Decent people to work with. Pay could be a little better. Overall very good place to work .

Pros

Flexible hours, pleasant work environment

Cons

Pay could be a little better

Job seekers rely on your experience.

tech

was a very fun job but it does not have a lot of upward mobility. Definitely a great place to start your career. Flextime is the biggest benefit you just cannot abuse the system.

No Work/Home Life Balance

Unreasonable expectations by leadership and expected to work more hours to make up for the lack of prober resources to do your job. Management is aware but does nothing to improve the situation. A good place to be from but not a long term career destination.

Great place to learn

Collaborative environment. One must be open to challenges. Stressful at times. Opportunity to work with a global team. Mentoring opportunities with Senior technical group

Pros

learning

Cons

stress

Productive and fun places to work with helpful supervisors and management

Good interpersonal relationship between staff and management, great benefits and wages , open door policies with regards to any issues your not comfortable with of any staff or employee, emphasis on overall improvement and training of staff , great work culture and values.

Pros

Free lunch on occasion, spacious work area, great pay

Cons

Contract

great place to gain experience...

..... but not for pay growth. staying is rewarded with paid time off and benefits, not pay. Pay isn't commensurate with skill, but rather seniority.

Read below.

Management is horrible, only a few good managers. If you don't have a degree you don't matter. Contractors treated unfairly. Work life balance is the best this company has to offer.

Inspection department

The employees are great. The O.T and weekends is there. But it's not mandatory. My lead inspector is very knowledgeable and respectful and always willing to help you out.

Pros

Work balance, not stressful

buen ambiente de trabajo

es una empresa muy buena, excelente ambiente laboral.

Good team environment

The pay was low, for the work done. But, the friendly environment made it a decent place to work. They strive on self improvement, and promote mastering division. ( To learn and master new testing techniques).

Relocation

This job was very flexible in terms of working overtime. How ever, they did sell out to relocating the company overseas for cheaper labor layout. Which left americans out of a job. There was flexibility in learning new job tasks.

Two tiers

The salaried people get the benefits. Hourly are dismissed without representation. Hourly achievements are dismissed by engineering to maintain superiority

Local management is good. Corporate pinches too many pennies.

Good people but too much turnover. Everything can’t be the highest priority at the same time. They take on way more business than can be efficiently completed with how equipped and staffed. Much of the tools and equipment is kind of rinky-dink.

Great Place to work

Sensata is a great company to work for. They are high strung and do a great job of communicating to their workers. They are all about their workers and customers.

Good facility

Large company in a very secluded area. Good training and promotion opportunities. Investment in new equipment is common. 24/7 operation so it is a fast paced environment.

Not a bad company to work for.

REMEMBER EVERY LOCATION IS DIFFERENT. For Attleboro, the building is well kept and maintained. The workload is tough, a huge wave 100+ "suggested retirement package" workers left all at once. It created an imbalance in workload, leaving what was previously done by teams, in the hands of individuals. Management is present but distant. You can go weeks without seeing your manager. The pay rate is low for the type/volume of work. The company is understanding of life issues and was always willing to work with me. I would recommend Sensata (the attleboro location at least).

will cut you out without notice to meet sales marks

sensata technologies first and only priority is meeting sales numbers for shareholders. i have worked many late nights sometimes 14 hour days so the people above can get a bonus and i dont even get a thanks for the hard work. they promise temp to hire and will keep you temp for years, and will fire you on a monday morning as your driving to work without any reason other than to cut staffing costs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sensata Technologies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.3
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
1.3Career Opportunities
4.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight
  • Sensata Technologies, Inc.