Sensitron Semiconductor Employee Reviews

Good pay
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, NYNovember 26, 2019
This job offered a good pay structure with lots of future advancements. They also offer PTO and holiday pay for old and new employees. Great job to have.
Good Company
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYNovember 10, 2019
This company is family-owned and operated. Flexible, understanding, and always try to accommodate your needs. If you have any concerns or issues, they are always willing to listen to you. They always appreciate their employees by having bbq and holiday parties. I like my job, and I enjoy what I do, my only disappointment is that there's no room to grow, especially if you are good at what you do, they keep you locked doing the same thing over and over. They need to improve the documentation department, and the HR lady needs to be re-train on how to do her job. Some of the co-workers are great to work with, but some can be jealous and toxics.
This is NA
Manager of WW Distribution (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYAugust 17, 2019
Love the work , customers, fellow employees. Crazy busy and complex systems and processes to handle high end electronics. Easily a 7 day a week job, but the customers and outside people certainly seem to appreciate the work and support.
Pros
Great products, very unique and specialized
Cons
This is N/A but willing to discuss
Decent place to work.
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJune 27, 2019
This place was okay. Nothing special, no room for advancement or growth. Just the same thing day in and day out. Management and engineering was nice, but they really don't consider any ideas you might have. My co-workers were also nice. So basically whatever you're hired for is the position you'll remain in, It's not a terrible place to work but its a dead end job.
good work enviorement
Test Technician --- Hauppauge-NY (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYOctober 23, 2018
is good place to work the people are very cooperative and helpful the only situation are the breaks they are very short but in general is a good company they have a lot of overtime
Pros
a lot of overtime
Cons
short breaks
Inadequate management
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJune 25, 2018
The job and tasks were enjoyable, as well as most of the employees, but it was a constant struggle between management to get anything done, forget about doing it the right way.
Pros
regular parties for holidays
Cons
short breaks, forced vacation every year
Fast-paced environment with great people you meet
Micro Electronics Assembler/ Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYApril 25, 2018
I learned many things for the short while I was there. I learned to work with many hand tools such as hammers, tweezers, pliers, and wire cutters. I also learned how to use a furnace as well or even a solder machine.
The hardest part would be to keep up with production and to be able to time everything accordingly.
I mostly enjoyed the people there and how helpful everyone was.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor Management
Good job, but a bit too ad-hoc
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYNovember 9, 2017
I want to start by saying that Sensitron is a good company, I didn't have a problem with anyone. I worked on the maintenance team, mostly repairing equipment. I love working on and fixing electronics so it seemed like a good fit for me. But a lot of the equipment was old and temperamental so there was always something important that needed my attention.

It was frustrating because I rarely got the opportunity to sit-down and work on something without distractions or something else that needed my attention. Also there wasn't a real workshop to work on somethings that need the proper tools and space, I often had to improvise with little space to work, and too often wasted time looking for a tool that was somewhere in the building.

There was a lot of micromanaging too, which I really don't like personally, but it's understandable in this environment. Every machine is essential for production, and when one goes down, its important it gets back up ASAP.

I complain about micromanaging, but in my experience, I'd much rather have a manager that gets his/her hands dirty, is knowledgeable and involved with the work instead of someone who's just about numbers and the bottom line.

If you like face-paced and unpredictable, this job may be great for you, I just prefer taking my time, having my own space, and not being bothered as much.
Pros
Great benefits, good people, good management
Cons
Hectic, disorganized
Poor management / Limited growth
Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMarch 12, 2017
The company is a good starting point but the management does not run the production or test departments properly. You are constantly moved from task to task so are very rarely able to accomplish what is asked before being asked to complete another task. Some of the management does not like to promote from within and will keep you locked into your position, especially if you are good at your current position.
Busy Workplace with lots of unique challanges
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMarch 4, 2017
Lots of different issues and problems to solve at this company. Every day is a new challenge. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with maintenance and engineering support on some of the more complex machinery.
I thought slavery was abolished with the 13th Amendment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYOctober 27, 2016
Sensitron will work you very hard but they do not adhere to any modern sensibilities regarding process and improvement.

Company is family owned but poorly managed. HR is run by the family and it borders on a conflict of interest.

Suggestions are constantly ignored. I would avoid at all costs.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Short breaks, unpaid shut down periods
an educational place to work, family owned and operated
quality technician (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYOctober 31, 2015
Some days are very fast paced, buzz word is "I'm busy" I learned more about the aerospace and semiconductor business
Management is family, very nice to work for
co-workers were basically a great group pf people
Pros
good bunch of co-workers
Cons
healthcare
Poorly run company
Outside sales rep (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYOctober 8, 2015
Sensitron is known to be poorly run throughout the industry. Management is horrible. Workload is insane. Sales department in 5 years had 15 people come and go. I do not recommend this place. Look at all reviews.
Pros
Lication
Cons
good
Assembler/Wirer (Former Employee) –  nyMay 28, 2015
good work place i liked it a lot great staff great people fun and respectable good management fun fun fun fun fun fun great pay
Great pay though systems need improving
Inside Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, NYAugust 13, 2013
On a typical day you would work from the minute you walked in to the minute you left which was great however; each day you would run into multiple issues from phones not working correctly, system errors preventing you from finishing up your current task, last minute procedural changes (undocumented and unorganized), loud and unprofessional remarks and poor communication between departments.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Poor systems and procedures, communication and poor professionalism