Sentara Healthcare
Updates from Sentara Healthcare:

Sentara Healthcare Employee Reviews

United States771 reviews
Good but not great
Sentara offers decent benefits for the Hampton Roads area, the pay is even lower than the other local hospital systems. There is little room for professional growth or promotion.
It's a great place to work
the benefits are excellent they have a friendly staff it is a great enjoyable place to work while helping the community if you enjoy helping people this is the job for you
Sentara Healthcare is a good place to receive experience.
No pension for new employees. 403B is still available. They have also decreased coverage for medical and increased premiums. Despite having merged with 2 additional health insurance companies.
It had a gym at work location. People working there were of higher intelligence and often were former clinicians trained in clinical information techn
Very good place to work. Corporation never furloughed anytime during my employment. Administration goal was to be in top 10 specialities nationwide. Mortality rates were the lowest of all hospital systems in the area. IT department usually ranked as the number one integrated shops in the country. I was proud to work there.
Very poor management at all levels
Run!!! Do not work here if you have morals! Management is very cliquish and unless you fit into their group you will have no success or support. Productivity standards are impossible to meet and you are forced to work off the clock to meet these standards. If productivity isn't met after so many days you get written up. They have tried to force me to do illegal practices and HR is NO support and will throw you under the bus along with management. There are different rules for employees based on how brown your nose is. This used to be an amazing place to work until the most recent management change 3-4 years ago now it is a dictatorship. I am actively seeking other employment.
Pros
co-workers, benefts, pay
Cons
everything else
Job seekers rely on your experience.
it was enjoyable to work
it was a place like no other, term work was every important to us, I felt like was part a family. our patients was happy to see us @ work every night, I work 7p-7a. it was fun. still in contact with my co-worker.
Patient care
It is a very nice company to work for. There is always room for advancement in the company, if you apply yourself. The like to promote from within, they also support education. The benefits for education is excellent. They also have management classes if interested.
Leaves a lot to be desired
Not a good experience for me other than the hours and the fact that it was close to home. Upper level management at the Nursing Home was a joke after the administrator and DON both retired and the new ones were hired.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Upper level management at the Nursing Home
You are just a number
They don’t care about you as a person at Sentara Albemarle but I’ve been told it’s just the culture at that hospital.. management does not get their hands dirty and could care less if you sink or swim as long as they look good
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Lack of team work
Awesome career potential
A typical day at work included production challenges but good team work. Management strived to provide all tools for success. Some compartmentalizations noted but overall an excellent company to work for.
Good benefits
Good vacation and sick benefits. Vacation starts building up right away and can use it after 3 months instead of waiting for an entire year to have only one week of vacation like most jobs
okay
It was a great experience. I'd recommend anyone to apply there. Great benefits and nice people. Very understanding and flexible company. If you are a nurse aide I'd recommend you apply.
Great
I loved my entire experience with Sentara healthplex ER. Everyone was welcoming and helpful. They are the true meaning of a team and no one is left behind.
Great place to work,.. team work is encouraged and always available. Management is friendly and supportive. Work load is appropriate.
I have had this job for nearly 6 years and look forward to many more.
Sentara healthcare
Deliver service excellence with each patient encounter
Deliver the safest care with each patient encounter

Provide holistic care to all patients

Advocate for patient safety
Its not right to talk about another company
The company was good but they need to view all faxs about people and situations before making a statement about a person or people everyone should be in the same room or present, l love working for them,just something was not good
Fun place to work
Sentara is a great company to work for and if not for circumstances at home, I would never have left there. I miss RMH and the nurses there on 4 east, night shift. The best place to work, hands down
Positive work environment
Effort is made to make employees feel that they are important to patient goal achievement and company success.
Benefits and salaries are locally competitive.

Most assignments are fair and well thought out. Overall, a good place to work.
Terrible manager on oncology unit. Very partial. Listens to gossip from employees and makes decisions on firing people without listening to the accused employee.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Terrible management
I think Sentara is a great company to work for and receive a great education to move up within the company.I have work in this company for three years and I will have a associate degree I less than a year time.
Pros
Education
Cons
No cons
Run like a dog then left to fend for yourself
You work more to cover others mistakes while being told it's not good enough. Then they find loopholes to not comply with their own policies. Would not recommend to anyone looking for reliable work with competent leadership.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sentara Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sentara Healthcare.