SENTEL Corporation Employee Reviews

Good company
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMay 15, 2018
Good company to work for...no complaints I like working here. I have met a few higher ups but am not able to give a definitive opinion as the meeting was brief.
Great work environment
Master Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  BagrāmMay 10, 2018
Great place to work. Management was very involved and hands on. Employee focused and mission driven. Would have been great to have a better R&R policy but understood that it was government driven.
Good work environment and great people
Account Manager/Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMay 9, 2018
Enjoyed working with my peers and supervisors, everyone made you feel like you were a part of the team. Solid communication with the managers, and always got the answers when questions came up from the subordinates.
fast paced
WAREHOUSE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMay 7, 2018
Each workday begins with a safety brief, you don't now what your work load will be day to day. Most days you don't find out until the morning meeting. Management is hard and by the book, which is needed in such a work environment that deals with ammunition. The work environment is safe and suitable for the mission at hand. it take all team employees to complete the tasks at hand and make sure that everything is executed in a timely and safe manner
Pros
team work
Cons
the weather
Shipping/Receiving Clerk
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMay 3, 2018
We come in have a safety briefing for the day. Then PMCS our forklifts.We then wait on ups and fedex to arrive, Then the work begins either ground guide or scanning.
Productive and Busy
Maintenance Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 20, 2018
A typical day at the office for myself consist of typing up reports for government vehicle that have been damage and keeping track of those vehicles on a data spread sheet. As well as making sure that my parking lot attendance are active and engaged in their daily duties. Learning about myself as a person in management is a new experience, as I thrive to do my best in a peaceful work environment I learn the hardest part of my job is teaching my co-workers to stand together as a team. As far as the most enjoyable part of the job, inspiring someone to do better and be better as an individual.
job atmosphere
Logistics Team Member (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCNovember 19, 2017
job security doesn't exist, messy people will say whatever it takes to get you fired so they can have a shot at your position, no written policies in place so mgmt makes up policies to fit the situation, then writes policy after the fact. Promised normal pay plus extra for fringe, yet fringe does not add up to what it should be. No human resources onsite so all problems have to go through the same people you have problems with. Under qualified, lazy people are hired and thrive while hardworking people who want to work and get paid and go home get treated like second hand trash. favoritism and different rules for different sections is practiced here.
Pros
weekends off, contact with military members
Cons
short lunches, micromanagement, high school mentality, instability, shady practices
Productive and fun paced company
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TX 79916October 20, 2017
A typical work day will be to inventory stock and distribute items to units within the 2-1 Brigade, through the SSA.
I learned a new system which the Army uses called GCSS Army which is similar to the systems used by Walmart and other large companies which inventory
I did not manage anyone.
The hardest part of the job was that there were several containers outdoors and items would constantly come in rain or shine we still had to work, and the area outdoors would flood a lot.
The people and working with the Army again was the best part of this job. Still do great things for the Army was awesome.
Pros
Hours were great because the troops started work at 0900
Cons
Leaving after 5pm
it is good job
Data Entry Clerk SAMS (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSOctober 4, 2017
It is good job but, good supervisors, but bad management. Don't treat you good. Make you feel like you are low life and have no respect for you. If change a management it would be great place to work
Pros
bad management
Very disorganized
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 13, 2017
Since I've been there, they have altered the dress code policy and are now prohibiting nose rings. The supervisor is very lazy and makes the lead do all her work. They never seem to let hard workers advance and give the lazy employees with nasty attitudes jobs they've applied to. This is a contract I would not recommend anybody to for.
Benefits
Cons
Short lunch
Afghanistan
Processor Coordinator Inspector (Former Employee) –  BagrāmAugust 26, 2017
I worked for Sentel in Afghanistan and they paid the great and the people I worked with was good and the only bad thing was the vacation it was 14 days.
There are a number of nice people working at Sentel, but management is a bit rudderless.
Safety Risk Management Expert (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 9, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at Sentel, but promotion and career opportunities were not merest based. A number of employees resented extra effort and management would not deal with unproductive employees. I would not work there again unless significant policy changes were implemented.
Pros
4 weeks vacation.
Cons
Lack of accountability for poor performance.
Process Coordinator Inspector
Process Coordinator Inspector (Current Employee) –  Bagram Airfield, AfghanistanMarch 21, 2017
 Provided data entry, Line Item Numbers (LIN), data roll-up and daily reports that capture all retrograded equipment using Property Book Unit Supply Enhanced (PBUSE) and Logistics Information Warehouse (LIW). Perform mission-required operational duties and collaborate with other echelons of supervisions to coordinate activities between departments at the (RPAT) Redistribution Property Assistance Team.
working in support of the US Military in Afghanistan
Senior Data Entry Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bagram, AFMarch 21, 2017
In a hostile environment where we are in danger from incoming attacks from the Taliban and ISIS. Being away from family in Texas, I am looking for a better job in Houston, TX.
High spped work environment
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Bagrām Air Base AfghanistanMarch 15, 2017
I was working in Afghanistan in a high speed work environment with the military. I worked as a property book account manager for soldiers on the front line managing their supply books, ordering supplies, and making sure the commander books are 100% before he departs from theater
Pros
i learned alot of things from the stressful environment
Cons
i worked 7 days a week 12 hours a day six months at a time
Awesome company to work for!
Process Coordinator Inspector (PCI) (Current Employee) –  Bagram, AFMarch 10, 2017
I enjoy working for Sentel because hard work is rewarded with the opportunity for professional growth. The company is well run and employees are given every opportunity to be successful.
Pros
End of contract bonus
Cons
Limited vacation time
Productive and competitive work place
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKFebruary 6, 2017
Contract ended on 2015 looking forward to move to Fort Hood, TX due to bigger installation more job opportunities. Also want change scenery not much to do here in Fort Sill, OK.
Pros
30 minutes lunch
Cons
15 minutes break, good benefits
Not a Productive Place to be...
PBUSE/Data Entry, Contractor, Afghanistan (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 30, 2015
Awful place to work. Leadership consists of Military and they know NOTHING about Leadership. They only know military and they treat people like soldiers....
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Always people watching, to tell your every move. Very Stressful place
the most enjoyable part of the job
Master Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Bagram AfghanistanSeptember 3, 2015
great company to work for, good benefits co-worker where some of the best people I have been around. I've learn so many thing for my co-worker good team environment
Great
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJune 26, 2015
This is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. PM was very polite easy going. I was not supervised and got my work done. Friendly enviroment, employees were always satisfied
Pros
H&w, enviroment
Cons
can't say I have any