Sentinel Offender Services Employee Reviews in Douglasville, GA

Sumary
Probation Officer (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJuly 8, 2018
It was a ok job for learning the concepts of an probation officer. I learned how to deal with various offenders, and I also learned how to present cour cases.
Productive and educational
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJuly 3, 2018
Liked working there, everyday was a great day to learn something new. Like going to the courthouse when was needed. Liked working with everyone as a team
no comment
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAAugust 1, 2017
descent place to work for as a stepping stone. Also a good place to advance your skills as a probation officer from private to state. Also become an intern.
Productive place to work
Probation Officer (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAMarch 31, 2015
A typical day at work consist of meeting with probationers according to established schedule; advising clients of conditions of probation and ensuring probationers comply with the conditions of probation.
Managing individual case files, recording all client contacts, place of residence, employment and criminal convictions.
Typical day at work
Court Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAOctober 12, 2014
I come in to a friendly environment. I get appointments from Probation Officers so I can go to court to sign paople up for probation at Sentinel Offender services. I sit in the courtroom and listen to the various pleas, status hearings, probation revocations, and sentencing. When a defender is convicted of a misdemeaner, I get their information so they can officially start probation. Their first meeting with a Probation Officer would be in a week to ten days. I go back to the office and input the information into the Sentrak program. I assist Probatuon Officers with various documents such as Probation Revocations.
Pros
Long lunches when I must return to court at 1:30 pm
Cons
There have not been any raises
Fast paced environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAMay 28, 2014
Fast paced environment, it requires you to be detail oriented, very efficient with your time.
No Overtime, No Raises, Lots of Work
Probation Officer (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAOctober 15, 2012
There is a lot of work that is required to do. You must be good at case management and multitasking. You must have good time management skills. Overtime is not allowed without permission from corporate - and it is not likely to be approved. You will rarely get a raise unless your position changes.