Sentinel Offender Services Employee Reviews in Irvine, CA

Difficult Place to Work if Working Remotely
Kansas DOC Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 31, 2018
I had little to no interaction with the corporate office. I had no idea what the company was doing from a big picture standpoint. Felt very isolated in my position. Rarely, if ever felt appreciated for my good work. The manager who hired me and I was first assigned to was very good. When he changed positions the next manager I was assigned to was terrible. Had no business managing others.
Pros
Cons
Low salary, very little reimbursement for using your own vehicle, no recognition for hard work and doing a good job.
fun experience
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 14, 2018
I enjoyed working at Sentinel, as it was fun to speak with Law enforcement from all over the US on a daily basis. Lot of fun interactions and chances to learn.
Pros
fun experience
Cons
no raises
Nice place to work.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 2, 2018
Overall, not a bad place to work. Due to economic changes and management realignment there seems to be more uncertainty and confusion that normal, but hopefully they will even out once the sale of the company is completed.
Pros
Managment understands that family is important
Cons
lack of training & communication
Don't work here
Director, Operations (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 29, 2018
Company lacks direction and turn over in some positions is very high. Management changes direction every month or so. The position I held had three people in it after me in less than a year
Pros
Good people
Cons
Poor management and direction
Poor Management
Technician (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA 92618December 5, 2017
Responsibility trickles down daily, leaving low level employees trying to run the procedures because managers simply delegate decision making. You will not be compensated for this extra work either. You have the potential even with being a 15 year employee to be fired at the drop of a hat.
Pros
Nice Workers
Cons
Poor managment
Good People, CEO is not good
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 10, 2017
This company has good people at the middle and some upper management. The main issue is the CEO and Vice President, they do not value employees and keep most of the profit for themselves.
Pros
Good People Work There
Cons
Horrible Upper Management
Temporary Work But Learned Skills
Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 5, 2017
Pros
Collaborative environment with technology, customer service and administration
Cons
Corporate office needs some upgrade (which is scheduled to start soon)
Great Co Workers
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 27, 2017
Sentinel Offender Services needs better employee compensations the company isn't fair when it comes to paying employees. No support from upper management
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
Poor pay
Easy first job
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 6, 2017
Wasn't really there long enough to have much to say. It was a good first job for someone fresh out of college looking for experience. The products are easy to learn and work on.
Poor Leadership + Lack of Vision = Mediocre Company
Monitoring Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Prototypical entrepreneurial company. Largely rudderless as Owner/CEO is incapable of delegating any activities that could lead to business growth. Executive leaders are always the smartest guys in the room and, as the growth of the company indicates, is also almost always wrong. This is a devasting combination.

In a multi-billion dollar space, Sentinel is—and will remain—a small-time $25 million company incapable of growing beyond the reach of the owner. While this is nothing new in the entrepreneurial world, it does not diminish the frustration of knowing that the company could (and should) be substantially more.

Leadership will not focus on what could make the company best in class instead, the entire organization is held hostage by the "idea of the week."

No budgeting process whatsoever. No long-term planning of any kind. Nepotism has created a sales team that is held completely unaccountable and is largely ineffective.

The staff remains the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Staff is genuinely invested in working together to achieve goals.
Cons
Ownership is completely out of touch with employees, markets and modern technology.
Low Pay, heavy workload, Sr Management Detached
operator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 21, 2016
Sr Management makes empty promises regarding pay raises to string employees along. Pay raises do not exist in the eyes of the owner. The owner is completely detached to the center despite his frequent statement of telling people that its the heart and soul of his company. All of the executives have no idea how much work is done in the center and all they care about is their profits. The center is run down, with ancient computer equipment, dirty carpet, dirty walls, just not a pleasant place to work.

Senior Management should spend time with the staff and observe the work. They should invest in the employees and give people raises. Call centers now hire at $15.00 and most everyone at this company makes $13.00 No room to grow or to progress- dead end job.
Pros
Co-workers were great, and center management cared about the staff.
Cons
Low Pay, Sr Management does not care, no room for growth.
Monitor offender population
National Monitoring Center Swing Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 4, 2015
Typical day at work involves supervising day to day activities of monitoring center operators while ensuring the team meets key performance indicators. This job requires a lot of knowledge in product's and monitoring applications; therefore, I have continuously update myself on sentinel's products and platforms. Management is fairly new. I assisted the previous monitoring center manager with keeping up to date with operating procedure and personnel related issues. I supervise all co workers to make sure work is processed accordingly. The hardest part I would have to say is keeping up with new equipment that comes out as well as product knowledge.
The most enjoyable part of my job is teaching the employees how to become independent.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No breaks and having to stay over my ten hours.
Only if you're desperate
Monitoring Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 4, 2015
This place is one of the worse places to ever work. They do not give raises and only continue to give more work along with never holding the appropriate party accountable for issues with equipment or the systems used. The people on the floor are generally cool and go with the flow but management is useles. Only work here if you're desperate or need a year of experience for gong to some sort of law enforcement.
Pros
3 day weekends on some shifts
Cons
Benefits, management, pay
Not a place for opportunity...
Call Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 2, 2015
Co-workers are great...other than that everything is pretty bad. You will never get a raise or be recognized for your effort to provide great customer service.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Never get a raise but you'll get more and more work.
n/a
Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 16, 2014
its a great job. Its in a call center environment with multi-line phones. There is never a dull moment. So much that you can learn with the different platforms.
Fast pasted
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 7, 2013
Answer 50 plus e-mails per day

Audit time cards

Produce management reports

Assist employees with payroll inquires

Enter act with my co-works to discuss options to improve our financial department performance

The most enjoyable part of my job is multi tasking and completing the challenges for the day
Pros
Being apart of the team
Too Short of employment
Director of Collections and Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CaFebruary 29, 2012
I enjoyed my short employment with them. I was just starting to really learn the job. I was laid off because the auto dialer purchased not meet the companies needs.
Pros
great people
Cons
laid off