SENTINEL TRANSPORTATION
Happiness rating is 61 out of 100

SENTINEL TRANSPORTATION Employee Reviews

United States85 reviews

cameradrivertrucksafetyequipmentbenefitpaybad

Management didn't care if you wanted to advance

Management doesn't care for you as a person only the job to get done without any issues. If any issues arose it was the driver's fault no matter what. The other driver's would always take tools off of other trucks and not say anything about it.

Pros

Decent equipment

Cons

Anything happens its the driver's fault.

Poor management

Typical mom and pop poorly run company. The lady that runs the place doesn't seem to understand without "drivers" there is no transportation company. Management has no understanding of the actual job yet "coach" drivers over petty things.This company does not learn from its mistakes.The training is terrible, the trainers use the trainees to get done faster and actually teach them things that they themselves should be reprimanded for doing.No job security. Drivers are not treated with respect. Pay is based on the biggest scam in the driving industry, straight rate, no OT. That is a DOT loophole that is used by dishonest companies.You will be accused of insubordination just for asking questions.This job used to be considered prestigious amongst the driver industry but companies like this have ruined it over the years.

Pros

limited loading terminals and brands

Cons

whoever orders new trucks has no concept of how to do the job or proper set up, 2 work areas but different pay.

SENTINEL TRANSPORTATION insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Ability to learn new things

Alot of work for you do for nothing in return

I feel that i am pretty underpaid for all the work i have to put up with. Also short staffed and cant seem to keep employees. Alot of gossip and way too many expectations and workload.

Insurance not great.Theres 5 in cab cameras, 4 on the outside. about covid19, discriminate unvaxed workers They charge $100 mth for not being vaxed

work is pretty easy, management can be questionable sometimes on what then say then do. upper management is in Delaware, a bunch of freaking minions!

Pros

If I need to leave work early, I can

Cons

healthcare is expensive. Upper management are control freaks

everyone is on the same team

outstanding place to workequipment is well maintained and technology is second to none.I liked coming to work and getting free coffee too.The leadership teams is positive.

Pros

amazing management

Great career

Pre covid the job offered a very consistent paycheck and awesome benefits. During covid a production bonus rolled out ...but work load decreased. Post covid....well due to take over of branded gas stations plenty of work...bonus program still intact and benefits not changing I would recommend if you are looking for a CAREER....outstanding 401k program. Plenty of rules and guidelines but you do your job....you will do just fine.

Pros

401k is outstanding

Cons

Big brother to correct the errors you may have

Steady and secure work

Steady work, great pay , I can’t complain about this company it’s been really good to me financially. I would recommend this company to anyone. Follow the rules and you will have a great career here .

Pros

Money, 401k

Cons

Can’t haul oil when there’s snow

Great management , grwat environment, stress free, I have fun at work, good coworkers

Highly recommend this company, Great equipment Management works with you, No pressure at allJob is easy Great dispatchers I come to work with a positive attitude

Pros

No pressure at all

Cons

The incentives program should competitive with Broadway side

Unorganized

Decent pay but not for all your duties. Messy environment. People there gossip constantly. No real structure. Your merit is not based on you work ethic but by your popularity.

Poor management

Sentinel promise 85000 a year I have been working here 4 years and haven’t made that management is terrible they try hard to find reasons to take what little bounces you get night drivers have to haul what day drivers won’t night drivers make less money

Cons

Good place to work overall

Decent place to work if you do what is asked of you then you will not have any issues very safety focused have cameras all over trucks including in the cab

Pros

Great coworkers, benefits, flexibility

Cons

Super singles, Cameras, 60 mph max, tons of things you can be fired for

Do yourself a favor RUN!!!

Just installed 360 degree cameras so they can watch everything the drivers do at all times. They started a new dispatch system that crashes and has problems every load. Make agreements with unload stations to bring in more barrels so they will send you 50 miles away from your nearest station so you aren’t able to haul as many loads. And you get paid per load not per hour. Most drivers are making 20k less money than they did 3 years ago. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company.

Pros

Steady work

Cons

Cameras watching your every move. Don’t make as much money as 2 years ago

Good place to get screwed over

If you are in management you are the most important person on earth. If you’re a driver you’re the white crusty stuff that forms in the corner of your mouth when you drool. They have more cameras on the truck than a maximum security prison has. I come in to do a job and feel like a criminal instead. You never know if it’s gonna be your last day at work. It’s not a matter of if but when you will be terminated. Drivers are not appreciated at all this is the first job I’ve worked at that when I got a raise my pay went down.

Pros

Decent benefits

Cons

Management and cameras watching your every move

An Ok job

Was a great job 2 years ago but has steadily declined. Trucks are 60mph with no horsepower to maintain that speed down highway. Also worried about getting ran over or rear ended when driving on interstate. Upper management sends out surveys wanted opinions but they never listen to what drivers have to say.

A good company

Great company but minor management adjustments need to be made due to the racial discrimination coming from a high rank in the company needs to be exposed and dealt with

Pros

retirement package

Cons

Julio - manager

Good management at my terminal

Sentinel is a fair place to work. They kept us busy even when other trucking companies were slow. The management in Goldsmith is experienced. They know how to run crude oil trucking operations. Corporate management in Delaware is not good.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Cameras in truck

They have lots of safety policies, but dont follow through on them.

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at SENTINEL TRANSPORTATION is 12 hours on 12 hours offPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at SENTINEL TRANSPORTATION are slightly bellow industry standards.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at SENTINEL TRANSPORTATION, I think its good if u watch your own back.ManagementIn general, managers at SENTINEL TRANSPORTATION say one thing and don't follow through.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at SENTINEL TRANSPORTATION is the drivers are solid and very helpful.OverallMy experience working at SENTINEL TRANSPORTATION they have industry leading safety polices and don't provide any tools to follow through on them and if something happens well thats your fault. It started out risky and stayed that way. The fake mngr wants you to be safe and don't give you the tools to do the job safely, then they'll fire for not having the tools they never gave not following the policies they have so its a set up : )

Super safe company

If you do something wrong like a spill or run a train track or don’t catch a trailer tire flat they fire you are fired , I ran a train track while under probation which is six months , then they added three more months , then I drove on a flat trailer tire and didn’t report it and that was all it took and I was fired !

Pros

Pretty easy

Cons

Super strict

Good job

Somewhat overkill on their employee daily practices. If one employee caused an issue, of any kind, all employees were punished with a new company policy to avoid future issues. Blanket management. Easy to enforce, bad for morale.

Pros

Good pay and benefits, company match 401k

Cons

Too many “company policies”, truck cameras used to fire employees

This company SUCKS BIG TIME!!!! All they care about is taking your bonus and no raises. Don't care about drivers. And they spend money on cameras to watch you do your work

very strict in safety

Everyday you go to different locations and have to be respectful with the customer. Before any situation regarding safety you must contact your supervisor or dispatcher.

Pros

Fair with dirvers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SENTINEL TRANSPORTATION. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare SENTINEL TRANSPORTATION with

SENTINEL TRANSPORTATION reviews by popular job title

• SENTINEL TRANSPORTATION