Sentry Electrical Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

overall a good experience
Tower Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 20, 2019
I liked the fact that we would get briefed before getting started. My work was fun and always had something new to learn that's what makes wind enjoyable to work in. working with all kinds of different companys is amazing in wind. sometimes the hardest part of the job is being away from the family.
Pros
learning new aspects of the job
Cons
loss of family time
Company as a whole I would work for them again.
Field Service Mechanic (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKApril 7, 2019
I started with the company not having much experience working on the type of equipment that they had. But the lead mechanic and maint director gave me a chance anyway due to my experience level. The pace was very quick and we were always on the go with the pressure to produse not 100% but 170%. Which is obtainable in spurts but not over long term to an effective level.

The lead tech I had the pleasure of working with was very knowledgeable and was willing to teach. He was easy to work with. And the was good at building you up as a mechanic.

The maint. Director was a nice guy and was pretty good about giving directions. He was very strict on paper work being done right and done asap when work is completed which some times was not possible. Due to no cell signal. He was good at back the mechanics up when there were issues in the field and he did his best usually to get us what we needed in the field. Given the chance id work with these guys again.

I liked that the owner of the company would come out and meet you when you worked there. He has done a great job to make this company a stable company to work for and a company with great potential.

Cons- company does not provide company cell phone or wifi for field mechanics. Company does not provide mechanics with uniform or reimbursed for clothing ruined while working on the job. Company does not provide diagnostic laptops to trouble shoot electrical equipment in a timely manner. The communication between levels in this department is often in need of improvement I.E. I would get orders from director and then 15 min
  more... later get different directions from lead. And both would be wanting it done right then. There seemed to be a lack of flow when it came to ranks in this department.
The preparatory training provided by this company was none while I was there only training you got was learn as you go and from the lead tech. Which was better than nothing. But still not enough.
Pros
Good people, Good health insurance, Good pay
Cons
No comapny provided wifi, Or laptops, A lack of training on major systems that would save the company a great deal of money
Awesome place to work
Wind tech/collar work (Former Employee) –  GAJanuary 14, 2019
Good place to work would recommend it to someone wanting a great job i had a great time working for the company but living in texas and working in iowa away fron my kids for months was hard.
Pros
Perdiem
Cons
Rain could make you not work for days
A job
Lead Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Mustang, OKMay 19, 2018
Maintenance manager lacks experience making daily tasks difficult. Treatment as a number and not a person, unrealistic goals and lack of opportunity to move into higher positions.
Pros
Paid lunch hours
Cons
Direct managment lacks experience.
Growing company in the power industry for renewable and utility infrastructure
Estimator (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 12, 2018
Work schedule is usually from 8 AM to 5 PM but varies depending on workload and tasks needing to be accomplished. Relaxed management with family time valued at highest levels of management.

Work is independent and collaborative effort from every office. Once trained, you own your work and held accountable for your discipline to have tasks accomplished. Working in the office side, a person must be able to self perform independently. Management will provide training and help at all times but will not babysit someone. Expect to build/grow a career, not a day job looking at the clock every hour waiting to go home.

One of the more difficult traits to learn is the many skills one must learn in a short time frame. This position is the definition of multi-tasking. From completing take-offs, building relationships with clients, suppliers and subcontractors, analyzing markets within US to create pricing, a estimator is expected to understand these roles and more in a efficient manner with little oversight from management.

The most enjoyable part of this position is owning your work. Once everything above is learned and projects are being awarded, knowing all the hard work has paid off 10 fold for yourself and the company. The company and management will recognize your efforts.

Office culture is relaxed and open-minded but with a business etiquette mindset.

Every day is different.
Pros
Benefits, Career Growth
Cons
Growing Pains
One of the best!
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 10, 2018
Sentry's job and safety culture are unsurpassed in the electrical industry. Their competitive compensation package is merely a bonus to the caring an respectful way they treat their employees. With Sentry being a relatively new company, the opportunity and growth potential is endless. If you're a career minded, hard working, honest individual; you will go far with Sentry. If you want to get out of the typical cut-throat mentality of corporate monstrosities, and feel secure about your future, Sentry is the company to work for.
Pros
Job Security, Safety Oriented, pay and benefits
Cons
Little home time for craft
Christian based company with family atmosphere.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  AmericaFebruary 9, 2018
The owner of the company is a Christian man, who brings a family atmosphere into the field. I've worked for this company for 10 years and have enjoyed climbing the ladder to success. I've also found, the road to advancement comes from hard work and loyalty.

If your looking for a great company that treats you better than most, but also expects a days work for a days pay. Then I'd check to see if openings are available in your specific trade.
Pros
Advancement, benefits, team attitude, fair
Cons
Long days, but thats just making a living! You gotta want it!
A great place to work
Journeyman Lineman (Current Employee) –  OklahomaFebruary 8, 2018
Sentry Electrical Group, Inc. is a well managed and well run construction company. They treat you like family here, and put safety first. We are compensated well, and we push each other to raise the standard of our work.
Pros
great benefits and compensation
Very fast paced job
Wind Turbine Technician (Former Employee) –  IowaJanuary 31, 2018
The Job was a very face paced job but was a good one to make the days go by very quick. Not recommended for someone not in shape. Bosses are fair and keep up with needed equipment.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Long days and limited r&r
Good job
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 30, 2017
Good job but otr all the time not home very often, but pay was good. Managment was not very good, could have been better. Just wanted to be at home at night with my famliy and young children.
Dont waste your time here
Contract it out (Former Employee) –  IowaSeptember 21, 2017
They will try to lie to get you to sign a contract the pay was half of what it was supposed to be. They were seeking Master Level electricians and paying as first-year apprentices they put electrical licenses and Jeopardy saying you didn't need one in the state you were going to but in fact you actually had to have one
Pros
Non
Cons
Put your electrical license in jeopardy
Official response from Sentry Electrical Group, Inc.
February 8, 2018

These are non-factual statements. Please contact our corporate offices if you have any concerns.

Overall a fun and productive office space provided
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Hall , VirginiaAugust 30, 2017
Productive and fun workplace with the exception of very little management on site. No availability for advancement or relocation................................