Sentry Hill At York Harbor

Sentry Hill At York Harbor Employee Reviews

Work-Life Balance

good place to work

Sentry Hill is a good place to work. I have been there 6 years and management in the last year has done a complete turnover which has been difficult at times. Staffing is always an issue and toxic attitudes have developed. That is the only reason I am choosing to find a new job.

Management is awful residents are amazing!

Management is very dismissive towards the needs of their employees especially their d.o.n! VERY short staffed huge turn over rate and good reason for it!!! Your coworkers will talk about you behind your back. I did meet a few good people while working there. I would definitely NOT put my family here!! I have came in on a shift and found residents soiled from the last shift, seen employees yell at residents. Over all stay away from this place if you want to be respected, have high expectations of how residents should be taken care of and treated, and have some what of a life other then being at work!

Pros

Residents

Its a hard job

We are always short staffed ...Money isn't the greatest for what we do ...but I do enjoy the residents and the stories they have to share ..my days are hectic but fulfilling ...

Overall great place - some bad apple employees

PROS: residents are wonderful and making them happy really does make YOU happy (if it doesn't don't work at a retirement community...). Beautiful aesthetics, setting and close to I-95, the beach and cute downtown York. CONS: some staff go above and beyond to cause problems with other staff and seem to get joy at finding faults in their colleagues. Majority of staff are pleasant and are really there to help residents - just a few bad apples who can ruin it. Overall, if you can look past sour employees it's a great environment. Pay is mediocre. Be clear about your role and expectations at hire - was told "occasional" nights and weekends and on my first day was given an every-other weekend schedule (something I NEVER would have agreed to) and was stuck. Administration refused to change or accept fault.

Pros

fun atmosphere, great residents!

Cons

certain "bad apple" employees

productive and interesting people to work with

my typical work day at sentry hill is usually either slow or very hectic and fast paced depending on which dining room and management is good with work co workers are ok work with but the hardest part of this job is when the residents you feed either get sick or pass away on you that is the hardest part of the job and the enjoyable part of the job is when you get to hear the residents life stories and when you make the food for them the way they want it that makes me happy.

Pros

free breakfast and lunches, cool co workers

Cons

short breaks

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Beautiful Facility

Sentry Hill is a beautiful facility that I used to enjoy being a part of. Sentry went down hill with management. As an assisted living home, their acuity was incorrect. Forcing there employee's to work understaffed with low wages. In conclusion causing an unsafe and stressful environment for both residents and employee's alike

Pros

Clean

Cons

Negitive environment and unsafe

team work

A typical work day was eight to nine hours. Provided programming for level of care. Great place to work and gain insight to the aging process. The workplace culture is relaxed. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the community members.

Pros

low stress

Cons

close to home

Very wonderful

Overall a wonderful place to work, nursing and other staff very happy and helpful all around. Beautiful and by the ocean, residents seem very content and well taken care of.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sentry Hill At York Harbor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Sentry Hill At York Harbor