Sentry Hill

United States5 reviews

Clear
2.8Pay & Benefits

Some good, some bad

It's hard to categorize working at Sentry Hill. On one hand, there is a lot of individual freedom as an employee, and there a lot of good residents and co-workers. On the other hand, the higher management is very poor, when problems arise it takes the management and corporation forever to solve the problems, or the problems get overlooked. They are in a serious staffing crisis because they refuse to raise pay. The benefits are decent however. IF you are looking for flexibility, and a fairly easy atmosphere (in the right department) it could work out for you. If you are looking for decent pay, look elsewhere. The higher level management is only looking to advance themselves in the future and will screw over whoever it takes to get there. The corporation is pure, 100% profit. They will lie about the budget at public employee meetings to give the impression they are working to help the employees, when in reality the "supposed" costs they are absorbing are being re-distributed to the residents and in other employee and facility avenues. They will not budge a penny, their corporate accountant would fight over $0.07 with our manager on reports. NOTE: The corporation and management views employees as throw-away. You will not have a sense of importance or advancement. There is NO performance bonus and a mandatory, non-negotiable 3% yearly raise. That means if you're lucky you'll get a $0.50 raise every year, even if you busted yourself. And after 1.5 years, my xmas bonus from the company was, I am not joking, $20.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Poor Management, Cut-Throat Corporation, Poor Pay

Rewarding work if you can handle poor management

Immediate supervisors were great but I wouldn't recommend it as a work place for a friend due to the lack of compassion for employees. Employees are treated like they are replaceable instead of valued. The residents and their families were wonderful and coworkers were great. Place is clean and feels "homey"

Pros

Rewarding- providing quality care to seniors

Cons

Administration poor; benefits lacking

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sentry Hill?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sentry Hill. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits